Quantum Fish - Quantum Tokens for Digital Signatures

Mork

Jan 24, 2023, 2:52:04 AM1/24/23
Quantum Tokens for Digital Signatures. (arXiv:1609.09047v8 [quant-ph]
UPDATED)

http://arxiv.org/abs/1609.09047

Creator Shalev Ben-David, Or Sattath

The fisherman caught a quantum fish. "Fisherman, please let me go",
begged the fish, "and I will grant you three wishes". The fisherman
agreed. The fish gave the fisherman a quantum computer, three quantum
signing tokens and his classical public key. The fish explained: "to
sign your three wishes, use the tokenized signature scheme on this
quantum computer, then show your valid signature to the king, who owes
me a favor".

The fisherman used one of the signing tokens to sign the document "give
me a castle!" and rushed to the palace. The king executed the classical
verification algorithm using the fish's public key, and since it was
valid, the king complied.

The fisherman's wife wanted to sign ten wishes using their two remaining
signing tokens. The fisherman did not want to cheat, and secretly sailed
to meet the fish. "Fish, my wife wants to sign ten more wishes". But the
fish was not worried: "I have learned quantum cryptography following the
previous story (The Fisherman and His Wife by the brothers Grimm). The
quantum tokens are consumed during the signing. Your polynomial wife
cannot even sign four wishes using the three signing tokens I gave you".

"How does it work?" wondered the fisherman. "Have you heard of quantum
money? These are quantum states which can be easily verified but are
hard to copy. This tokenized quantum signature scheme extends Aaronson
and Christiano's quantum money scheme, which is why the signing tokens
cannot be copied".

"Does your scheme have additional fancy properties?" the fisherman
asked. "Yes, the scheme has other security guarantees: revocability,
testability and everlasting security. Furthermore, if you're at sea and
your quantum phone has only classical reception, you can use this scheme
to transfer the value of the quantum money to shore", said the fish, and
swam away.