is Forte Agent newsreader still in business ?

D.J.

Sep 17, 2021, 10:30:35 AM9/17/21
I realize this is a bit new for here, but I need some help with this.

I tried purchasing a copy of Forte's newsreader software, and their
website hiccuped and said the order couldn't be processed.

I sent them an email via their contact page, no reply in 5 days.

Does anyone know if they are still in business ?

Thanks.

J. Clarke

Sep 17, 2021, 11:17:14 AM9/17/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:30:31 -0500, D.J. <chuckt...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Their servers are still up, otherwise I wouldn't have USENET access.

D.J.

Sep 17, 2021, 1:27:39 PM9/17/21
Thanks for the info.

I also tried to sign up for their Usenet feed, but no go for that
either.

Francis S

Sep 18, 2021, 10:53:19 AM9/18/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 12:27:37 -0500, D.J. <chuckt...@gmail.com>
If they did, it happened recently. I bought a Forte license a few
months ago for use in Wine.

D.J.

Sep 18, 2021, 12:13:26 PM9/18/21
On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 09:53:17 -0500, Francis S <whati...@mail.com>
They aren't replying to emails. I'll have to call them.

D.J.

Sep 18, 2021, 12:18:20 PM9/18/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:30:31 -0500, D.J. <chuckt...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I just called them, only got voice mail. I left a message wth my email
address, and said I had emailed them it has been 7 days.

D.J.

Sep 20, 2021, 11:25:31 AM9/20/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:30:31 -0500, D.J. <chuckt...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I telephoned them on Saturday. I got voice mail, left a message.

No reply yet. Looks like I'll have to look elsewhere.

D.J.

Sep 21, 2021, 4:37:42 PM9/21/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:30:31 -0500, D.J. <chuckt...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Well, nothing back. So I guess I have a few days left to use this,
then I'll have to use something else for a newsreader.

D.J.

Sep 21, 2021, 6:47:41 PM9/21/21
On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:37:40 -0500, D.J. <chuckt...@gmail.com>
wrote:
And I have heard back. Their order page was broken.

Hurrah !

Jeff Gaines

Sep 22, 2021, 3:44:31 AM9/22/21
On 21/09/2021 in message <i7okkg5po1p9ug6n4...@4ax.com> D.J.
wrote:

>>Well, nothing back. So I guess I have a few days left to use this,
>>then I'll have to use something else for a newsreader.
>
>And I have heard back. Their order page was broken.
>
>Hurrah !

Pity they don't update Agent to use IMAP which is essential in these days
of multiple devices, otherwise it was my first email/newsreader and
technically way out in front.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those