Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration

Peter Flass

Jun 30, 2022, 2:37:08 PM6/30/22
I guess this can be considered computer folklore. Wow, fifty years! Pong
was my first video game.

https://www.atari.com/games/50th-celebration/

https://news.yahoo.com/atari-50-the-anniversary-collection-announced-161306163.html

--
Pete

A.T. Murray

Jun 30, 2022, 6:39:16 PM6/30/22
Mentifex qua student was attending the University of Goettingen in Germany.
Back home, some burglars broke into the Watergate Complex in Washington, D.C.
When presidential candidate George Wallace got shot, I cried on the streets.
It was raining, so I figured no one would notice my tears for my homeland.

http://mind.sourceforge.net/theory1.html -- resumption of my AI work in USA.

https://ai.neocities.org/eBay.html -- culmination of my AI work in America.

Roger Blake

Jul 4, 2022, 8:19:28 PM7/4/22
On 2022-06-30, Peter Flass <peter...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I guess this can be considered computer folklore. Wow, fifty years! Pong
> was my first video game.

I still have my original home Pong game along with the box. It's the Atari
branded console that came out in 1976, not the earlier Sears "Tele-Games"
unit sold for Christmas 1975. It runs on D-cell batteries and has control
knobs built into the console along with a small speaker for the beeps. It
still works.

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/userdata/images/large/45/85/product-74585.jpg

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/userdata/images/large/49/85/product-104985.jpg

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
There is no "climate crisis" -- https://climatedepot.com
Don't talk to cops! -- https://DontTalkToCops.com

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jul 5, 2022, 5:14:33 AM7/5/22
On Tue, 5 Jul 2022 00:19:25 -0000 (UTC)
Roger Blake <rogb...@iname.invalid> wrote:

> On 2022-06-30, Peter Flass <peter...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I guess this can be considered computer folklore. Wow, fifty years! Pong
> > was my first video game.
>
> I still have my original home Pong game along with the box. It's the Atari
> branded console that came out in 1976, not the earlier Sears "Tele-Games"
> unit sold for Christmas 1975. It runs on D-cell batteries and has control
> knobs built into the console along with a small speaker for the beeps. It
> still works.
>
> http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/userdata/images/large/45/85/product-74585.jpg
>
> http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/userdata/images/large/49/85/product-104985.jpg

Pong can be coded in <256 bytes of x86 asm.

> --
> 18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
> Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
> The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
> There is no "climate crisis" -- https://climatedepot.com
> Don't talk to cops! -- https://DontTalkToCops.com

Oh dear. But at least you don't mention guns. Or Jesus.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Jul 5, 2022, 6:00:02 AM7/5/22
On Tue, 5 Jul 2022 10:14:31 +0100
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> Pong can be coded in <256 bytes of x86 asm.

The original arcade Pong was hardware - circuit diagram here:

https://i.redd.it/kxks306cu9y81.jpg

The home versions were based on the AY-3-8500.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Roger Blake

Jul 6, 2022, 3:38:07 PM7/6/22
On 2022-07-05, Kerr-Mudd, John <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> Oh dear. But at least you don't mention guns. Or Jesus.

Feel free to lick the boots of your masters.

Quadibloc

Jul 6, 2022, 4:26:28 PM7/6/22
On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 1:38:07 PM UTC-6, Roger Blake wrote:

> Feel free to lick the boots of your masters.

I feel free *not* to die on a ventilator thanks to getting vaccinated.

Denying science is like denying the evidence of your own senses;
it means you're crazy.

John Savard

Johnny Billquist

Jul 6, 2022, 6:50:25 PM7/6/22
Sadly there is very little science going on here. But what does that
have to do with a.f.c?

Johnny

D.J.

Jul 7, 2022, 11:39:34 AM7/7/22
On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 13:26:27 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca>
wrote:
I fully agree. But the naysayers are asking for the vaccine just
before intubing. And are told then it is too late. I'm to the point of
no sympathy for those who deny reality.
--
Jim

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Jul 7, 2022, 7:00:06 PM7/7/22
On Thu, 07 Jul 2022 10:39:31 -0500
D.J. <chuckt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> no sympathy for those who deny reality.

Reality has been defined as that which does not go away when you
ignore it.

Quadibloc

Jul 8, 2022, 1:09:31 AM7/8/22
On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 9:39:34 AM UTC-6, D.J. wrote:

> I fully agree. But the naysayers are asking for the vaccine just
> before intubing. And are told then it is too late. I'm to the point of
> no sympathy for those who deny reality.

They're victims. I'm angry at the liars who fooled them.

Of course, the purpose of those liars is not to kill a few people in
hospital beds. No, their purpose is to manipulate people... into voting
Republican, basically. Even when it's against their own interests.

John Savard

D.J.

Jul 8, 2022, 12:03:48 PM7/8/22
On Thu, 7 Jul 2022 22:09:30 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca>
wrote:
Well, they agree with the rest of what the talking heads on those
fringe channels say, so they apparently think the nonsense about
science is also true. But it isn't of course.
--
Jim

Roger Blake

Jul 8, 2022, 7:12:32 PM7/8/22
On 2022-07-07, Ahem A Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> wrote:
> Reality has been defined as that which does not go away when you
> ignore it.

The Covid-19 vaccines are garbage. They don't prevent anyone from getting or
spreading disease. They're maybe 30% effective in lessening the severity
of symptoms. They are also the most deadly medications ever permitted
to stay on the market. That is the reality.

No thanks. I had the Red China virus sans vaccination and it was like having
a bad cold for a few days. In fact I've had colds that were worse. They
can keep their clot shots.

Charles Richmond

Oct 27, 2022, 2:46:03 AM10/27/22
"We may give advice, but we cannot give conduct."

"Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test before the lesson."

made bed -- lie down -- sleep

--

Charles Richmond

Charles Richmond

Oct 27, 2022, 2:50:41 AM10/27/22
These people believe that when Trumplestiltskin says something,
that in itself makes it true.

D.J.

Oct 27, 2022, 11:32:31 AM10/27/22
On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 01:50:40 -0500, Charles Richmond
<code...@aquaporin4.com> wrote:
>On 7/8/2022 11:03 AM, D.J. wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Jul 2022 22:09:30 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca>
>> wrote:

>>> They're victims. I'm angry at the liars who fooled them.
>>>
>>> Of course, the purpose of those liars is not to kill a few people in
>>> hospital beds. No, their purpose is to manipulate people... into voting
>>> Republican, basically. Even when it's against their own interests.
>>
>> Well, they agree with the rest of what the talking heads on those
>> fringe channels say, so they apparently think the nonsense about
>> science is also true. But it isn't of course.
>> --
>> Jim
>

>These people believe that when Trumplestiltskin says something,
>that in itself makes it true.
>
>made bed -- lie down -- sleep

He says he will do things, he cannot do. And they still believe him.
--
Jim

Charlie Gibbs

Oct 27, 2022, 2:03:57 PM10/27/22
On 2022-10-27, D.J <chuckt...@gmnol.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 01:50:40 -0500, Charles Richmond
> <code...@aquaporin4.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7/8/2022 11:03 AM, D.J. wrote:

>>> Well, they agree with the rest of what the talking heads on those
>>> fringe channels say, so they apparently think the nonsense about
>>> science is also true. But it isn't of course.
>>
>> These people believe that when Trumplestiltskin says something,
>> that in itself makes it true.
>>
>> made bed -- lie down -- sleep
>
> He says he will do things, he cannot do. And they still believe him.

s/cannot/will not/

There's a sucker born every minute.

And even if the suckers eventually wake up and smell the coffee,
it's too late.

They lied to us!
-- Don't Look Up

--
/~\ Charlie Gibbs | Microsoft is a dictatorship.
\ / <cgi...@kltpzyxm.invalid> | Apple is a cult.

Pharmaphile

Oct 27, 2022, 2:45:21 PM10/27/22
> On 7/8/2022 12:09 AM, Quadibloc wrote:
>> On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 9:39:34 AM UTC-6, D.J. wrote:
>>
>>> I fully agree. But the naysayers are asking for the vaccine just
>>> before intubing. And are told then it is too late. I'm to the point of
>>> no sympathy for those who deny reality.
>>
>> They're victims. I'm angry at the liars who fooled them.
>>
>> Of course, the purpose of those liars is not to kill a few people in
>> hospital beds. No, their purpose is to manipulate people... into voting
>> Republican, basically. Even when it's against their own interests.
>>
>> John Savard

I am so glad that there are heroes coming with a needle full of an
experimental shot to save me from the common cold.

Anyone who does not submit, bend the knee, is certainly a mass murderer!

Go get 'em, Avengers!

John Savard, you are a fascist goblin worthy of scorn and derision. You
have to make everything about your twisted politics. My body, my choice.
Take your clot shot somewhere else.

The liars who fooled everyone are the drug-pushers who hyped up the fake
disease and killed many with their blood clot shots.

--

Pharmaphile

maus

Oct 27, 2022, 4:03:46 PM10/27/22
Surely irrelevant to this group. Plonk

--
grey...@mail.org

Fe,Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the stench of an Influencer.
Where is our money gone, Dude?

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Oct 27, 2022, 4:30:02 PM10/27/22
On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 18:03:55 GMT
Charlie Gibbs <cgi...@kltpzyxm.invalid> wrote:

> | Microsoft is a dictatorship.
> | Apple is a cult.
> | Linux is anarchy.
> | Pick your poison.

FreeBSD!

What fun a false trichotomy.

D.J.

Oct 27, 2022, 4:45:11 PM10/27/22
On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 13:45:52 -0500, Pharmaphile <cl...@shot.vax> wrote:
>I am so glad that there are heroes coming with a needle full of an
>experimental shot to save me from the common cold.

Yeah, millions dead because of people posting lies about covid.

Good byeee !
--
Jim

Charlie Gibbs

Oct 27, 2022, 6:00:03 PM10/27/22
On 2022-10-27, Ahem A Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 18:03:55 GMT
> Charlie Gibbs <cgi...@kltpzyxm.invalid> wrote:
>
>> | Microsoft is a dictatorship.
>> | Apple is a cult.
>> | Linux is anarchy.
>> | Pick your poison.
>
> FreeBSD!
>
> What fun a false trichotomy.

I had to draw the line somewhere, and netiquette requires
that I limit my .sig to four lines. Otherwise I'd have
to come up with snide remarks about Android, etc. - and
explain them to those who only know about the Big Three.

Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock!