I found that 80s simulation game

Scientific (she/her)

Dec 24, 2021, 4:31:18 PM12/24/21
It's telehack.com. Yu can connect to it through a web browser or good
ol' Telnet. It's nice to relive the good ol' times of terminal again.
I'm "scisheher" in the game, go ahead and finger me with your "finger"
program on your workstation. Maybe drop me a mail or two.

grey...@smaus2.org

Dec 25, 2021, 4:42:38 AM12/25/21
Just called by. It would take me a week to recall it all, anyway, it was
nice, and a happy Xmas to you.

Anssi Saari

Dec 29, 2021, 5:20:14 AM12/29/21
I can connect but apparently I can't create a new user:

.newuser
%newuser is temporarily disabled

I wonder if this is actually permanent now or is it coming back? I found
a mention on Reddit from four months ago that it was temporarily
disabled back then too but has it been back since?

And are you sure you spelled your username correctly?

$ finger scis...@telehack.com
%user not found

Anssi Saari

Dec 30, 2021, 2:30:53 AM12/30/21
Anssi Saari <a...@sci.fi> writes:

> I can connect but apparently I can't create a new user:
>
> .newuser
> %newuser is temporarily disabled
>
> I wonder if this is actually permanent now or is it coming back? I found
> a mention on Reddit from four months ago that it was temporarily
> disabled back then too but has it been back since?

Looks like it's back now.

Geeknix

Dec 30, 2021, 3:58:59 AM12/30/21
Thanks for informing, got my account as cdavie now :-)

--
Don't be afraid of the deep...
--[ bbs.bottomlessabyss.net | https | telnet=2023 ]--