Facit-terminals

Jonas Wissting

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
I have two terminals (glass-terminals), both FACIT whithout any docs,
one has the screen mounted on a L-shaped stand and it can be rotated
to either landscape or portrait-mode, the other has a rather heavy
keyboard and some kind of video-connector on the backside, do anyone
know anything or have docs about these?

Jonas

--

http://wiss.unx.nu
http://linux.unx.nu

Another Glitch in the Call

We don't need no indirection
We don't need no flow control
No data typing or declarations
Did you leave the lists alone?

Hey! Hacker! Leave those lists alone!

Chorus:
All in all, it's just a pure-LISP function call.
All in all, it's just a pure-LISP function call.

Heinz W. Wiggeshoff

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
Jonas Wissting (wi...@eelwing.arda) writes:

> Another Glitch in the Call

Damn you - I'm gonna have that tune rattling around in the skull
for hours! And don't even think of posting Jingle Disks!

Christian Brunschen

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
In article <37bb09...@luthien.arda>,

Jonas Wissting <wi...@eelwing.arda> wrote:
>I have two terminals (glass-terminals), both FACIT whithout any docs,

FACIT was a Swedish manufacturer of various office equipment including
calculators, typewriters, diverse terminals, even computers, for those who
didn't know that.

>one has the screen mounted on a L-shaped stand and it can be rotated
>to either landscape or portrait-mode,

This would be a FACIT TWIST. Basically VT100 compatible, but can also work
in a 'proprietary' mode. Support hardware flow control. Should have a very
nice high-resolution paper-white and almost flicker-free display. Displays
24 lines of 80 characters each (standard VT100 size) in landscape mode
with nice large characters, and _72_ lines at 80 characters in portrait
mode (i.e., a full page of typed text). I had one of these myself and
loved it :) But it has now found a different (better?) home.

>the other has a rather heavy
>keyboard and some kind of video-connector on the backside,

Are you certain that this is a _terminal_ and not a computer? Does it have
any markings?

>do anyone know anything or have docs about these?
>
> Jonas

// Christian Brunschen

Jonas Wissting

Dec 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/2/00
In article <90bf6k$v9$1...@news.lth.se>,
c...@df.lth.se (Christian Brunschen) writes:

>>the other has a rather heavy
>>keyboard and some kind of video-connector on the backside,
>
> Are you certain that this is a _terminal_ and not a computer? Does it have
> any markings?

It is the screen that has the video-connector,
mod 4431.

When I first powerd it up, the screen was flickering bad, but it got
better after some time, but then the CRT just died, I was fiddleing
with the setup and changed 60/50Hz mode to 50Hz, what I have, what is
this setting for? it is in the "software"-setup together with
line-speed an parity.

Another Glitch in the Call

We don't need no indirection

Philip Nasadowski

Dec 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/3/00
In article <2000Dec2.2...@lorelei.approve.se>, h...@invalid.invalid
(Goran Larsson) wrote:

> and a lot of TTL.

Nah, a LOT of TTL is when you've got 7 or so boards of it. I had a tossed
terminal like that once. Was a REALLY dumb terminal (what a surprise).
Didn't work either, could never get it to play nice with my modem. No
microprocessor in it at all. Had like 7 boards covered with chips. Real
cool. Of course, I tossed it :(