Re: First, they came for our 100-watt bulbs

P. Rajah

Dec 3, 2011, 10:15:42 AM12/3/11
On 12/3/2011 8:30 AM, ray wrote:

> I'm surprised at how many people don't know about this ban. I've known
> it for years.
>
> During the last couple of months, I've been tossing three or four packs
> of light bulbs in my cart when I go shopping every week. I have boxes
> of light bulbs now. I assumed by this time of the year, consumers would
> clean the shelves, but they didn't.
>
> Right now, I easily have enough light bulbs to last me the rest of my
> life. But I plan on purchasing more so that I could sell them for twice
> the price that I paid for them once the ban goes into effect. I would
> max out the credit card with light bulb purchases, but what happens if
> the leadership of this country turns conservative, and they get rid of
> the ban? Then I'm stuck with all these bulbs that I can't sell or ever
> use. LOL!

I leave all my incandescent lamps on 24/7. Not only that, if the house
gets too warm in the winter or too cold in the summer, I just open the
windows instead of turning down the heat or the a/c. I have the
thermostat on the water heater set at 190. I take 30 minute hot showers.
I keep my car running around the clock, in case I feel the urge for a
quick drive. I throw away all food leftovers every day(I mean, is there
really any reason to eat reheated food? Gross!). I boil water for my tea
on the gas burner, and then microwave it for good measure. Nobody is
going to tell me how to live my life.

I would suggest, though, that you use any extra light bulbs you buy to
create an outdoor light show that you could keep on 24 hours a day,
because you may not be able to sell them:
http://www.frumforum.com/there-is-no-light-bulb-ban