Aer Lingus - Pog mon Thoin!

Brian O'Shea

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

The next time I fly to Ireland(if I ever return), I will use Aeroflot,
rather than Aer Lingus as my airline of choice. My wife, 1 year old
daughter and I were booked on flight AE 107 from Shannon to New York,
with reservations for bulkhead seats. Wnen we checked in at Shannon, we
were told that flight 107 was merged with another flight to NY, and
that our bulkhead seat reservations were cancelled. We were seated in
the rear of the aircraft, an Airbus.
The rear toilets had no changing facilities for infants; only the
forward toilets, which were not accessible due to the constant movement
of food carts up and down the aisles, were so equipped, so we were
forced to change our daughter's diapers in the seat (which we covered
with a changing pad).
This auld cunt of a flight attendant named Avril Harriman saw my wife
changing the baby's diaper at one point and loudly rebuked my wife for
not using the toilet for this purpose. (I was not at my seat at the
time). I returned to find my wife most upset. When this miserable bitch
passed by again, I told her in no uncertain terms that I did not
appreciate her speaking to me wife in that manner and that we had no
other options as there were no changing facilities available. This old
cow ignored me, and walked off. So much for Irish hospitality. This
old biddy should have entered the convent, as if the nuns would have
her. That is the LAST time I fly Air Fungus.

P.S. The Irish have it in for Americans of Irish ancestry who return to
Ireland to visit, so be forwarned. This animosity has intensified since
Michelle Smith managed to elude detection of whatever means she used to
cheat in the Olympics and steal three gold medals, and the American
media had the "cheek" to blow the whistle on her.

GAS

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

You complete fucking wanker. You obviously got what befits your mindset.

Brian O'Shea <p1s...@mars.superlink.net> wrote in article
<53q17p$r...@earth.superlink.net>...

Jaycey

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

In article <53q17p$r...@earth.superlink.net>, p1s...@mars.superlink.net (Brian O'Shea) says:
>>The rear toilets had no changing facilities for infants; only the
>forward toilets, which were not accessible due to the constant movement
>of food carts up and down the aisles, were so equipped, so we were
>forced to change our daughter's diapers in the seat (which we covered
>with a changing pad).

You know, if you had let
the flight attendants know
that you needed to get to
one of those forward lavs
that had a "diaper changing
station" (such as they are
on an airplane!!), they
could have, should have,
and I can only guess WOULD
HAVE shuffled the carts around
in order to let you and/or
your wife and baby to
pass by. That inconvenience
to you AND the flight
attendants is preferrable to

changing the baby's diaper

in the passenger seat (many
passengers find this
completely disgusting and
totally uncouth...---and I
take it this was going on
during a meal service?---
Most unappetizing to say the
least!!)

I'm sure that this was an
isolated incident in your
case, but so many parents
fail to realize that the
world does not revolve
around them and their
precious children.

Ciaran Kelly

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

Around about 13 Oct 1996 06:12:09 GMT, I am fairly sure that
p1s...@mars.superlink.net (Brian O'Shea) wrote:

I really hope your daughter grows up with your masterful command of
the English language.
Ciaran Kelly cjk...@indigo.ie

Dun Laoghaire, Ireland http://indigo.ie/~cjkelly/

Peter Fitzpatrick

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

Agreed. I have flown with most major airlines. AerLingus is not always the
best but I have found the staff to be pleasant and helpful.
Have you writeen to complain ? I *once* had a problem with AerLingus. To
cut a long story short they apologised to my wife and refunded money.
Simple. Effective. I choose them whenever possible.

however the "PS" paragraph sums it up.

A troll methinks ?? ? ? ? ? ?
--
now listening to : XTC "Fossil Fuel"
http://aoife.indigo.ie/~beatle

GAS <gar...@indigo.ie> wrote in article
<01bbb97b$c23834c0$298e7dc2@garystew>...

> You complete fucking wanker. You obviously got what befits your mindset.
>

> Brian O'Shea <p1s...@mars.superlink.net> wrote in article
> <53q17p$r...@earth.superlink.net>...
> > The next time I fly to Ireland(if I ever return), I will use Aeroflot,
> > rather than Aer Lingus as my airline of choice. My wife, 1 year old
> > daughter and I were booked on flight AE 107 from Shannon to New York,
> > with reservations for bulkhead seats. Wnen we checked in at Shannon, we

> > were told that flight 107 was merged with another flight to NY, and
> > that our bulkhead seat reservations were cancelled. We were seated in
> > the rear of the aircraft, an Airbus.

> > The rear toilets had no changing facilities for infants; only the
> > forward toilets, which were not accessible due to the constant movement

> > of food carts up and down the aisles, were so equipped, so we were
> > forced to change our daughter's diapers in the seat (which we covered
> > with a changing pad).

joelalor

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96
says...
While Aer Lingus hugely overrate their interface to the public, count
yourself lucky that Ryanair don't operate trans-Atlantic.

Traveller

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

Hmmm what to say.

I don't like Aer Lingus, I don't like kids, and as for the constant
sniping between Irish and Irish Americans, well it's constant. Maybe
I should just get a life. I was on an airbus once and it almost
crashed. I don't like those either.

Let's just call it Cunning Lingus and call it a day.

mik...@rpa.net

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

If you were that upset at AirFungus, wait till you use Aeroflot...
the concept of service is as foreign to them as it ever was. Trust me,
I've used them since '72.
Mike.S
BTW, National Geographic did a very nice and funny piece on Aeroflot
about a year ago. See if you can find it.

joel...@indigo.ie (joelalor) wrote:

>In article <53q17p$r...@earth.superlink.net>, p1s...@mars.superlink.net
>says...

ANighting

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

Some years ago - at the time of the Afgan war - I took a holiday involving
several internal USSR flights. There was a pattern. Military officers on
first
choosing any seat they liked Then tourists - taken by coach to the plane.
Then the locals walked to the plane and took remaining seats.
The oddest thing I remember wason a plane with just 2 seats between
the aisle and the window. I did up my seat belt. Then my mother said
'These won't do up'. Her seat had the same half of the clip on both sides!
Andrew Nightingale

Charles Ellson

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

In article <53uas5$g...@niamh.indigo.ie> joel...@indigo.ie "joelalor" writes:

> In article <53q17p$r...@earth.superlink.net>, p1s...@mars.superlink.net
> says...

<Aer Fungus moan truncated>

> While Aer Lingus hugely overrate their interface to the public, count
> yourself lucky that Ryanair don't operate trans-Atlantic.

Judging by their so-called Glasgow to London service which actually dumps
you in Luton (after which they told me you're on your own), then a New
York service would probably tip you out in Toronto.
--
_______
+---------------------------------------------------+ |\\ //|

Stephen C. Gallagher

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96
to Brian O'Shea

Brian O'Shea wrote:

> The next time I fly to Ireland(if I ever return), I will use Aeroflot,
> rather than Aer Lingus as my airline of choice.
(snip)

I can only disagree. The one time that I flew Aer Lingus, the flight
crew
went out of their way to be friendly. I was flying with my parents
from New York to Glasgow, Scotland (via Dublin), where we were
travelling
to attend my Grandfather's funeral. The stopover in Shannon ran late
and
we were in danger of missing our connecting flight from Dublin to
Glasgow.
When we explained the situation to the flight attendants they moved us
into First Class for the Shannon-Dublin leg and allowed us to leave the
plane first so that we could be the first ones through Passport Control
and be able to make it to our connecting flight on time. I wrote to
Aer Lingus after our return and told them that I'd fly them again, if
possible.

Stephen Gallagher

Paul Kane

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Brian O'Shea wrote:

> The next time I fly to Ireland(if I ever return), I will use Aeroflot,

I have flown on many airlines in Europe and I have found that Aer Lingus
is one of the best. From what you have shown of your personality you got
the service that you deserved.

Paul.

P.S. don't come back your wasting space for a decent Irish-American to
come here.

Traveller

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Hmmm what to say.

I don't like Aer Lingus, I don't like kids, and as for the constant

and irritating sniping between Irish and Irish Americans, well it's
constant. Maybe I should just get a life instead. I was on an Airbus
once and it almost crashed. I hate those too.

Let's just call it Cunning Lingus and call it a day.

Nick Norwood

Oct 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/20/96

Deary me you are in quite a state, aren't you fella. Well next time you
visit Ireland, if you ever do, (and on this point feel quite free not to,
we'll survive without you I'm sure). Please do use Aeroflot, after all we
are all aware of just how much the Russians love you Yanks aren't we? And
at the rates of pay their flight crews get slip the captain a couple of
bucks and he'll change your brats 'diaper' for you. You are the shining
example of the uncouth, arrogant American abroad that so unfairly tarnishes
the image of your fellow countrymen many of whom I have met and worked
with. Ireland and the world in general does not owe America anything, the
sooner people like you grow up and realise that the better.

Nick P. Norwood
Frequent Aer Lingus flyer, quite happy thank you

P.S the only crime Michelle Smith was guilty of was proving, yet again that
your nation does not and never shall rule the world.

Francis O'Reilly

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Enough libeling of poor old Aer Lingus.For the most part they provide a
very adequate overall service. However, what about Irish Ferries -
inparticular their Roslare/Le Harve service. Surely this has got to be
the ultimate in bad trips. Am I the only person around who believes that
they should be made drop the'Irish" from their name so as not to bring
the whole nation into disrepute.

Digital Lad

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

In article <54terk$f...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, kevke...@aol.com
(Kevkevin27) wrote:

> #1. Did you ever stop to think that maybe it's pretty gross that the
> wholeworld has to smell your baby's diaper? Do you also pee in public?
> There are health concerns with, yes even YOUR baby's, excrement, and the
> Aer Lingus flight attendant was absolutely right.
>
> #2. After your, no doubt, charming display of American Hospitality, what
> do you suppose she's telling the Irish about Americans?
>
> #3. And if you think Aer Lingus is rough, honey, wait till you get a
> little Soviet attitude on Aeroflot. I highly recommend that you and your
> overly-sensitive wife make future plans to travel only to
> Orlando......Keep your self-centered attitude at home. And the rest of us
> won't have to smelll your kid's crap......or take yours.

I totally agree. Americans are probably the worst when it comes to traveling.
Just by observing. They complain and cry alot about everything!
Also travelers nowadays are getting cheasier and tackier!
I was in Las Vegas the other night and majority of the passengers were wearing
cut offs, shorts, pajamas, sandals etc...outfits that you would normally
wear at home...you name it! Even some of the first class passengers.
Really tacky.
Looks like they should be taking Greyhound.
"flight attendants are here to save your ass not kiss it!"

Kevkevin27

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

MBA340

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

I think you must know the French people. I am French and we are the worst.
As US people with think we are the best and we arrived in the country we
exclaim :
It's great but they have nothing : poor people"

Ben

Rick

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96

I FINALLY found the right newsgroup for my original email below. It
seems that when I posted it to the *.german newsgroups they took
smelly offense to it... Here goes... Do you agree?

Two weeks ago I got on an airplane with a bunch of Germans headed to
Disneyland. It was a small plane. I was in the middle of this group
of 12 or so Germans.

My nose immediately started to send messages to my brain saying "Bad
SMELL!!!...shut off nose...).

Why is it that Germans don't use Mitchum or Ban? Do they like the
smell? Do they know that when they come to the USA that American's
can't stand the ripe smell? Do they not care?

Last question... how do we educate the Germans to stop smelling?