Flathead Frenzy

Kris

Jun 28, 2003, 5:00:46 PM6/28/03
Me and a friend went to the lake last night below the dam and the
flatheads must be getting ready to go on bed or something because they
were biting like crazy.I caught one that weighed 21 lbs. the rest (6
total) ranged from 4 to 15 lbs.There were 4 other guys there fishing
that caught around 30 to 40 of them ranging from 5 lbs up,their biggest
one was about 35 lbs.Man I've never seen them hit that fast and that
often before.The only thing they would hit was night crawlers and thats
it.I tried live shad,live bream,crawfish,cutbait and chicken liver but
they would only hit the worms.But we're going to try them again tonight
and see how things go and I can't wait.Later
Kris

David Lee

Jun 28, 2003, 7:08:22 PM6/28/03
WAIT FER ME KRIS!!! Man,I love action like that! Was fishing Lavon last
Fall for Crappie,and got into a mess of huge Channels. It only lasted a
few minutes,but had 14 fish-4 to11 lb. Good luck tonite! osb

Kris

Jun 29, 2003, 12:05:24 PM6/29/03
We caught 5 and lost 2.The biggest was about 17 lbs.The action was a
little slower than last night but it was fun nonetheless.I still never
got use to the way the bite,most of the flats I've caught have hit and
run but these would lightly bump it 1 or 2 times like a bluegill then
slowly swim away.Well its time to mow the yard before it gets to hot,but
come on up OSB and we'll hit the mighty Cumberland river and catch that
triple digit cat you've been searching for.I'm ready anytime you
are....Later
Kris

David Lee

Jun 29, 2003, 8:05:31 PM6/29/03
Careful now Kris! Am doing a lot of out of state work this year! If I
get close to ya,don't be surprised to hear from me! :-) Went out last
nite to Lavon,was bag limit by 2 am. Mostly Channel. Got a few small
Flats that wasn't quite legal--dang it! hehe---rasseled a grass carp on
a jug for 10 minutes! That thing was halt the size of my truck hood! Was
dark,I kept seeing what I thought was a dorsal fin to a big cat with my
spotlight. It was the side fin of this carp when he rolled. Was still a
hoot tho? This grasser had to be pushing 45-50 lb. Could almost stick my
fist in his mouth! osb

Robb Nunya

Jun 30, 2003, 12:49:22 PM6/30/03
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:00:46 -0500 (CDT), Pain...@webtv.net (Kris)
wrote:

Which lake??? :)

Kris

Jun 30, 2003, 7:44:32 PM6/30/03
Well if you get even REMOTELY close to Tennessee be sure and let me know
and we'll meet up and wet a line,but if not then I may have to take a
road trip your way and see what can be caught.Have poles wil
travel.hehehe..I'm going to try and get to the Cumberland river this
weekend and see whats biting.If I get anything good I'll let you
know....Later
Kris