On top of a mountain

Bob G.

Apr 10, 2008, 12:45:26 AM4/10/08
These used to be a lot of tun. They kept us form noticing the biting
mosquitoes.

(On Top of Old Smokey)

On top of a mountain
All covered in grass
There sat a bald eagle
Scratching his... Aaah
Don't be mistaken
And don't be misled
There sat a bald eagle
Scratching his head!

Bob G

GeoAnnie

Apr 10, 2008, 1:00:44 AM4/10/08

In an anarchist garret
So lonely and so mean
You can smell the pungent odor
Of nitroglycerine.
The people there are busy
Filling cans with nails
And the little Slavic children
Set up this mournful wail:

Chorus:
Oh it's Sister Jenny's turn to throw the bomb (throw the bomb)
The last one it was thrown by Brother Tom
Momma's aim is gettin' bad
And the copsky's all know Dad
So it's Sister Jenny's turn to throw the bomb.

Sister Jenny took the bomb and started off.
"Mind you now" said Mother, "to blow up Templehoff".
And so the party waited
Till dawn turned into day
And the little Slavic children
Set up this mournful lay:

Chorus:
Oh it's Brother Ivanovich's turn to throw the bomb.
Sister Jenny's gone the way of Brother Tom.
Momma's aim is gettin' bad, and copsky's all know Dad
So it's Brother Ivanovich's turn to throw the bomb.

That's what we used to sing at summercamp to keep the mosquitoes from
bothering us....among other weird songs.....lolololol!

Annie in BC

Joy

Apr 10, 2008, 2:13:27 AM4/10/08

"Bob G." <rlloyd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On top of spaghetti
All covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball
When somebody sneezed.

Joy

Lyndon

Apr 10, 2008, 2:25:27 AM4/10/08

"Bob G." <rlloyd...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> These used to be a lot of tun. They kept us form noticing the biting
> mosquitoes.

'Tun'? You are raising the ante here Bob. 'Gun' and 'dun' are accepted
alternatives for 'fun', but if you are going to use the row above and the
row below, you have a choice of about 7 keys, instead of 2. Not sure if my
bead can cope with that! :-)
--
Lyndon

Bob G.

Apr 10, 2008, 12:35:33 PM4/10/08
On Apr 9, 11:25 pm, "Lyndon" <lyndontmail-newsgro...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
> "Bob G." <rlloydgeo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Seems like I only have to brush a wrong key at it registers. Next
laptop I get is going to have a larger keyboard.

Bob G

Joan F (MI)

Apr 10, 2008, 4:52:15 PM4/10/08
I've notice that some of the new wide screen laptops have a keyboard that
has the number pad on the right.

Bobbie

Apr 10, 2008, 5:07:56 PM4/10/08

Like mine, a Dell inspiron 1721, it is marvellous. the only thing wrong
with the layout is the delete key which is now the very last key on the
top row. Most strange. It has taken me ages to get used to it. The
keyboard is actually a joy to use, and despite the delete key, it is so
comfortable to use and I have lost none of the speed. The wide screen is
also great. I am so happy I got it and I am loving Vista.
btw I have read varying answers to the problem of Microsoft Money 98 on
Vista. If you are happy with your current setup Joan I would stick with
it until you are forced to change for any reason;.

Bobbie

Bobbie
http://tinyurl.com/4m7uan

Joan F (MI)

Apr 10, 2008, 6:01:14 PM4/10/08
Yes, my delete key was up there on the Gateway, on the Toshiba it's at the
bottom between the Insert and Alt keys to the right of the space bar. I
don't think there is much consistency in placement of the delete key.

There have been several articles in the tech press about Windows 7 possibly
being released in 2009, partly because Vista still has a bad rep and a lot
of people are reluctant to go for it and would rather wait for 7. I do
think that a new OS every 3 to 4 years is not an acceptable model for most
businesses in particular, there's all the software changes, possible
hardware being outdated and training for users, way too much expense when
the current system is working well. Guess it's the only way MS can make
money though.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1666&tag=nl.e622
http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1285&tag=nl.e622