Is this True Bunty:-)

Doug

Jul 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/12/99

> Funny Signs in Great Britain: (but could be anywhere)
>
> 1. IN A LAUNDROMAT: Automatic washing machines. Please remove
> all your clothes when the light goes out.
>
> 2. IN A LONDON DEPARTMENT STORE: Bargain Basement Upstairs
>
> 3. IN AN OFFICE: Would the person who took the step ladder
> yesterday kindly bring it back or further steps will be taken.
>
> 4. IN ANOTHER OFFICE: After the tea break, staff should empty the
> teapot and stand upside down on the draining board.
>
> 5. ON A CHURCH DOOR: This is the gate of Heaven. Enter ye all by
> this door. (This door is kept locked because of the draft. Please
> use side entrance)
>
> 6. OUTSIDE A SECOND-HAND SHOP: We exchange anything - bicycles,
> washing machines etc. Why not bring your wife along and get a
> wonderful bargain.
>
> 7. QUICKSAND WARNING: Quicksand. Any person passing this point
> will be drowned. By order of the District Council.
>
> 8. NOTICE IN A DRY CLEANER'S WINDOW: Anyone leaving their
> garments here for more than 30 days will be disposed of.
>
> 9. IN A HEALTH FOOD SHOP WINDOW: Closed due to illness.
>
> 10. SPOTTED IN A SAFARI PARK: Elephants Please Stay In Your Car
>
> 11. SEEN DURING A CONFERENCE: For anyone who has children and
> doesn't know it, there is a day care on the first floor.
>
> 12. NOTICE IN A FIELD: The farmer allows walkers to cross the
> field for free, but the bull charges.
>
> 13. MESSAGE ON A LEAFLET: If you cannot read, this leaflet will
> tell you how to get lessons.
>
> 14. ON A REPAIR SHOP DOOR: We can repair anything (Please knock
> hard on the door - the bell doesn't work)
>
> 15. SPOTTED IN A TOILET IN A LONDON OFFICE BLOCK: Toilet out
> of order. Please use floor below.

Always go to the bathroom when you have a chance.

MAEVE56

Jul 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/12/99
Dans l'article <2Ofi3.1694$Pd2....@cabot.ops.attcanada.net>, "Doug"
<doug.b...@attcanada.net> écrit
:
The funniest is when people don't mean to be funny LOL Maeve

Bunty Pritchard Jones

Jul 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/12/99
In article <2Ofi3.1694$Pd2....@cabot.ops.attcanada.net>, Doug
<doug.b...@attcanada.net> writes

>> Funny Signs in Great Britain: (but could be anywhere)

Snipped only for bandwith.
We have some very strange signs in Britain.
When driving to collect Charlotte from University, her fiancé, Richard,
and I noticed a sign in the Jog Centre of a town that we were passing
through.
"If you cannot read this - we run adult literacy classes."
This was an official sign in a government building!!
Bunty :}

--
Bunty Pritchard Jones
http://www.the-antiques.demon.co.uk

NHunkele

Jul 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/12/99
><doug.b...@attcanada.net> writes
>>>
>>> Funny Signs in Great Britain: (but could be anywhere)
>>>
>Snipped only for bandwith.
>We have some very strange signs in Britain.
>When driving to collect Charlotte from University, her fiancé, Richard,
>and I noticed a sign in the Jog Centre of a town that we were passing
>through.
>"If you cannot read this - we run adult literacy classes."
>This was an official sign in a government building!!
>Bunty :}
>
>--
>Bunty Pritchard Jones
>http://www.the-antiques.demon.co.uk

The post office in Chautauqua, NY has a sign on the door, "No dogs allowed
except Seeing Eye Dogs". I never met a dog who could read it.
Norma

Bunty Pritchard Jones

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
In article <OmGa2UAP...@the-antiques.demon.co.uk>, Bunty Pritchard
Jones <bpritch...@the-antiques.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <2Ofi3.1694$Pd2....@cabot.ops.attcanada.net>, Doug
><doug.b...@attcanada.net> writes
>>>
>>> Funny Signs in Great Britain: (but could be anywhere)
>>>
>Snipped only for bandwith.
>We have some very strange signs in Britain.
>When driving to collect Charlotte from University, her fiancé, Richard,
>and I noticed a sign in the Jog Centre of a town that we were passing
>through.
>"If you cannot read this - we run adult literacy classes."
>This was an official sign in a government building!!
>Bunty :}

Good grief - that should have said "Job Centre"

Bunty Pritchard Jones

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
In article <19990712194707...@ng-fa1.aol.com>, NHunkele
<nhun...@aol.com> writes

>The post office in Chautauqua, NY has a sign on the door, "No dogs allowed
>except Seeing Eye Dogs". I never met a dog who could read it.
>Norma
Yes, Norma, all over British country lanes there are notices which say:
"Horse-drawn vehicles and animals this side".