Re: TV - Re: RIP James MacArthur

Coach

Oct 30, 2010, 10:32:18 PM10/30/10
On Oct 31, 12:30 pm, Duggy <Paul.Dug...@jcu.edu.au> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 7:06 pm, Wolfgang Wildeblood <wolfgangwildebl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > Magnum
> > Magnum PI came and went, Hawaii Five-0 was still going. Longest
> > running USian cop show, ya know.
>
> I think you have that wrong.

Stop being a wanker Dug.

Professor Bubba

Oct 30, 2010, 11:24:17 PM10/30/10
In article
<4c8b5bd3-944a-40d8...@t13g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Duggy <Paul....@jcu.edu.au> wrote:

> On Oct 30, 7:06�pm, Wolfgang Wildeblood <wolfgangwildebl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Magnum
> > Magnum PI came and went, Hawaii Five-0 was still going. Longest
> > running USian cop show, ya know.
>
> I think you have that wrong.

Hawaii Five-0 1968-1980
Magnum PI 1980-1988

Duggy

Oct 31, 2010, 2:25:16 AM10/31/10
On Oct 31, 1:24 pm, Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <4c8b5bd3-944a-40d8-9965-e72d79769...@t13g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

> Duggy <Paul.Dug...@jcu.edu.au> wrote:
> > On Oct 30, 7:06 pm, Wolfgang Wildeblood <wolfgangwildebl...@gmail.com>
> > > Magnum PI came and went, Hawaii Five-0 was still going. Longest
> > > running USian cop show, ya know.
> > I think you have that wrong.
> Hawaii Five-0 1968-1980
> Magnum PI 1980-1988

1980 means they can go either way on this issue.

===
= DUG.
===

Coach

Oct 31, 2010, 2:31:07 AM10/31/10

And the backpedalling begins. Stop being a fuckwit Duggy or the Unix
boys in Toowoomba will ban you from this group. Don't say you weren't
warned.

Duggy

Oct 31, 2010, 2:47:01 AM10/31/10
On Oct 31, 4:31 pm, Coach <suv...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> On Oct 31, 4:25 pm, Duggy <Paul.Dug...@jcu.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 31, 1:24 pm, Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:
>
> > > In article
> > > <4c8b5bd3-944a-40d8-9965-e72d79769...@t13g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Hawaii Five-0 1968-1980
> > > Magnum PI 1980-1988
> > 1980 means they can go either way on this issue.
> And the backpedalling begins.

No, I'm still saying Magnum PI followed Hawaii 5-0. I'm just saying
that "1980" doesn't say other way.

I mean, Magnum PI could have been started at the beginning of the 1980
- 1981 season and Hawaii 5-0 could have been cancelled at the
beginning of the that same season...

If, however, hypthetically, someone said that Hawaii 5-0's final
episode was in April 1980 and the first episode of Magnum PI was
December 1980 that would be different.

===
= DUG.
===

Brad

Oct 31, 2010, 3:07:03 AM10/31/10

You asked what came AFTER Hawaii Five-0, I said Magnum. Even though it
was in the same year, it was still After.

Duggy

Oct 31, 2010, 3:49:53 AM10/31/10

> You asked what came AFTER Hawaii Five-0, I said Magnum. Even though it

> was in the same year, it was still After.

Yes, and I gave you 4 points for it (you lost a point for not getting
the name wrong).

I realise that a show can end in 1980 before one begins in 1980, I'm
just saying a statement that one began in 1980 and another ended in
1980 doesn't say for sure that one followed the other. If, however,
someone did a bit of research and said that Hawaii 5-0's last episode
was say APRIL 1980 and Magnum PI was DECEMBER 1980 then that would be
different. But no one has said that.

Oh, wait someone did. In a post you replied to.

===
= DUG.
===

Brad

Oct 31, 2010, 4:01:05 AM10/31/10

You've already said I was right, how can you keep arguing?

Wolfgang Wildeblood

Oct 31, 2010, 5:16:03 AM10/31/10

No Dugster, you claimed there was a show created to re-use the sets
and crew from Hawaii Five-0, and asked us to name it. No sets from
Hawaii Five-0 were used in Magnum PI. That answer is wrong. I doubt
the existence of such a show.

Brad

Oct 31, 2010, 5:45:19 AM10/31/10
On Oct 31, 8:16 pm, Wolfgang Wildeblood <wolfgangwildebl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Alright, not the sets, but the production facilities and film crews,
although this reference doesn't rule out the sets if you consider them
as part of the facilities.

From Wiki
"The Hawaiian-based television show Magnum, P.I. was created after
Hawaii Five-O ended its run, in order to make further use of the
expensive production facilities created there for Five-O. The first
few Magnum P.I. episodes made direct references to Five-O, suggesting
that it takes place in the same fictional universe. (A few attempts
were made by Magnum's producers to coax Jack Lord out of retirement to
do a cameo appearance, but he refused.)"

Duggy

Oct 31, 2010, 5:48:23 AM10/31/10
On Oct 31, 6:01 pm, Brad <goog...@vk2qq.com> wrote:
> You've already said I was right, how can you keep arguing?- Hide quoted text -

You're the one arguing.

===
= DUG.
===

Duggy

Oct 31, 2010, 5:51:20 AM10/31/10
On Oct 31, 7:16 pm, Wolfgang Wildeblood <wolfgangwildebl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> No Dugster, you claimed there was a show created to re-use the sets
> and crew from Hawaii Five-0, and asked us to name it. No sets from
> Hawaii Five-0 were used in Magnum PI. That answer is wrong. I doubt
> the existence of such a show.

Far less wrong than the claim "Magnum PI came and went, Hawaii Five-0
was still going."

===
= DUG.
===

Anim8rFSK

Oct 31, 2010, 11:48:39 AM10/31/10
In article
<731df8f3-1020-4230...@v16g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
Duggy <Paul....@jcu.edu.au> wrote:

Okay, I'll say that.

Hawai'i Five-0: September 20, 1968 � April 4, 1980
Magnum, P.I.: December 11, 1980 � � February 24, 1988

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

Duggy

Oct 31, 2010, 9:37:30 PM10/31/10
On Nov 1, 1:48 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> Okay, I'll say that.

> Hawai'i Five-0:  September 20, 1968 April 4, 1980
> Magnum, P.I.: December 11, 1980 February 24, 1988

So it seems that Magnum PI did start after Hawaii 5-0 finish.

Then again despite his original random claim even Wolfgag has backed
away from saying otherwise.

===
= DUG.
===