AZKATRAZ: Harry Potter conference in San Francisco , July, 2009

Heidi

Feb 9, 2009, 1:55:53 PM2/9/09
AZKATRAZ will take place in San Francisco, California, from July 17 -
21, 2009. The primary hotel is the Parc 55 San Francisco Hotel,
although some events and programming will be taking place around and
near San Francisco.

Website: http://www.hp2009.org

Azkatraz begins a minute after midnight on Friday, July 17, 2009 with
a showing of Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince, then continues with
a spectacular podcast at about four o'clock in the morning back at the
Parc 55. Later on Friday, attendees have the option of casting off
from the Embarcadero for Wrock Around the Rock, a wizard rock concert
on a yacht that travels around San Francisco Bay, under the Golden
Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz Island.

Formal programming begins on Saturday morning with a pleneary session
featuring Andrew Slack from the HP Alliance on the key themes of
Azkatraz - the difference between what is right and what is easy.
There's more formal programming throughout Saturday afternoon,
continuing into Sunday and Monday, interspersed with a wizarding
fashion show, a pajama party, showings of the first five Harry Potter
films, a podcastpalooza, the Prison Break Ball, wrock music,
Quidditch, art gallery showings, claymation workshops, video studio
rentals and more! The schedule is available here; all times are
subject to change.

We'll finish Azkatraz with Tuesday's lunchtime Farewell Feast, and bid
bon voyage to our attendees - but we have a feeling we'll be seeing
some of you later in the week at Comic-Con in San Diego. We'll even
have a bus departing before dawn on Wednesday to take people down,
with a stop-over in Los Angeles at the WB Studios for a tour and lunch
nearby.

Azkatraz takes place primarily in the Parc55 in San Francisco,
California; the room rate is $165 plus tax per night, for up to four
people in a room. In other words, there's no extra-person charge for
the third and fourth person in the room. However, the hotel has an
issue with their reservation system. Azkatraz attendees are not
supposed to be charged an extra-person fee for the 3rd or 4th person
in the room, but their computer reservation system cannot turn it off.

A basic registration includes all Saturday through Monday programming
tracks, the Welcome Feast, the Leaving Feast, pick-up Quidditch,
admission to the Vendor Room, Common Room, the auction, in-hotel film
showings, the Fun with Your Flock meet-ups, the Podcasts, and the
Prison Break Ball. Basic Registration pricing is as follows:

* $145 - Basic Registration, available through February 28, 2009
* $165 - Basic Registration, March 1 – May 31, 2009
* $190 - Basic Registration, June 1 – June 30, 2009
* $200 - Basic Registration online, July 1-15, 2009
* ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON JULY 15, 2009
* $200 - At-the-Door pricing

Single-day registration, which includes no meals, is $45; any single-
day registrant can attend the Friday morning podcast, and purchase any
add-ons for that day, including HBP movie tickets and tickets to Wrock
Around the Rock.

This year, we introduced the Merlin's Circle Sponsorship-level
registration for $300, which includes all the above, plus breakfast on
Sunday and Monday, a cocktail reception with special guests, priority
seating until five minutes before programming start time at all
programming tracks, and a commemorative pin.

We also will have a special programming concentration on Monday that
we're calling the “Master's of Potter Administration,” or MPA. The MPA
registration will include breakfast, lunch, a cocktail reception, and
will cost $130.00 on its own, $100.00 when added to a standard
registration, or $75.00 when added to a Merlin's Circle registration.
You can register online now or read our FAQ to learn more.