Re: Is the comet of the century on its way in?

fasgnadh

Feb 8, 2013, 8:23:11 PM2/8/13
On 9/02/2013 4:48 AM, Mike Painter wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 14:47:48 -0800 (PST), "vivapa...@aol.com"
> <vivapa...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:21:43 PM UTC-8, Budikka666 wrote:
>>> http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/life-unbounded/2013/02/06/will-this-be-the-comet-of-the-century/

Science and Comets have nothing to do with atheism, apart from
the obvious metaphorical associations, that both comets and atheism
are dead, purposeless, lifeless lumps of cosmic detritus of
no real use to anyone and deadly if they come into contact
with human civilisation.

Thanks for that! B^D

>>> Budikka

Ah yes, Chicken Little, trying to create the atheist version of the
Mayan Calendrr End-of-the-World idiocy and still running after being
challenged for evidence of her claim that the young Russian prince
murdered by atheist terrorists was justifiably killed because he was a
terrorist:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.atheism/msg/8e03d6bb01bb35c5?hl=en&dmode=source

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0kPQiQufpE B^D

--

"At the dawn of the 20th Century approximately one half of the world's
population identified itself as either Muslim, Catholic, Protestant,

So, for those of you who enjoy beginning coffee shop
conversations with "The Death of God" .. it's time to change
the subject! It's time to talk about something else , because
it's not happening at all.

People are becoming more religious, not less religious,
and religion itself is also evolving"

- Dr Reza Aslan

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/bigideas/stories/2010/2929354.htm

---------

alt.atheism FAQ:

http://altatheismfaq.blogspot.com/

http://groups.google.com.au/group/alt.atheism/msg/7c0978c14fd4ed37?hl=en&dmode=source

"Atheism is the natural and inseparable part of Communism."
-Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)

"We must combat religion"
-Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)

�Down with religion and long live atheism;
the dissemination of atheist views is our chief task!�
- Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)

"Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism."
- Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:8290?context=latest

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:8295?context=latest

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:6348?context=latest

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:17478?context=latest

"How can you make a revolution without firing squads?"
- Lenin

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:17475?context=latest

http://www.c96trading.com/Nagant_NKVD_300h.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01001/Tsar-family_1001874c.jpg

Father Haskell

Feb 8, 2013, 9:23:47 PM2/8/13
On Feb 8, 8:23 pm, fasgnadh <fasgn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 9/02/2013 4:48 AM, Mike Painter wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 14:47:48 -0800 (PST), "vivapadre...@aol.com"
> > <vivapadre...@aol.com> wrote:

> Science and Comets have nothing to do with atheism, apart from
> the obvious metaphorical associations, that both comets and atheism
> are dead, purposeless, lifeless lumps of cosmic detritus of
> no real use to anyone and deadly if they come into contact
> with human civilisation.

You've been watching too many old Steve McQueen movies.