Dave's Digest

Dave Crazed Weasels Sweeney

Jul 10, 1992, 8:43:53 PM7/10/92
Yes kiddies! Once again it's time for Big Dave's Cavalcade of Sigs Digest.
This is brought to you, the USENET reader, as a service to make reading
alt.fan.warlord easier. Now, it's possible to skip my entire written
output for the month with a single "n"! In the future, it will be possible
to use the same service with mea...@acsu.buffalo.edu, nad...@bnr.ca,
wee...@sagi.wistar.upenn.edu and the ENTIRE scs.leeds group! Watch for it
in comp.binaries.mac.crash.crash.crash. Enjoy!

In alt.cult-movies, mic...@marcel.bu.edu (Michael Chaplin) writes:

>--
>Michael Chaplin Language is a virus from outer space.
>mic...@albert.bu.edu - William S. Burroughs
>
>The Einstein Papers Project The opinions contained herein reflect
>Boston University neither those of the project,
>Boston, Massachusetts, USA nor those of Albert Einstein.

Any sig that mentions William Burroughs and Albert Einstein is okay in my book.
["Not the opinion of Albert Einstein"! I love it!]

In news.newusers.questions, lis...@vpnet.chi.il.us (Gerry Swetsky) thinks he's
pretty damn clever:
>11dmcvay@galluj (Daniel T. McVay) writes:
>>One more question, my site doesnt have ALT.* news conferences coming in
>>so how can I access those ALT.* stuff?
>
> Change universities.
>
>--
>| Help stamp out stupid .signature files! Gerry Swetsky WB9EBO |
>| vpnet - Public access Unix and Usenet |
>| Home (708)833-8122 vpnet (708)833-8126 lis...@vpnet.chi.il.us |

Pot, kettle, black... [Damn sysops...]

In alt.tv.ren-n-stimpy, re...@hpcc01.corp.hp.com (Perry Reed) includes TWO
wonderful sig.disasters:

>> ____________9_year_veteran_ ||| __
>> PhBill: Bill Kendrick / | \
>> moon!cyberden!phb...@well.sf.ca.us
>> __________________________________
>
> -.---. -.---. .-------------------------------.
> |---' |---' . | Perry Reed |
> | .=..-..-.. . | `. .=..=..-| | re...@hpcc01.hp.com |
> ' `- ' ' `-| ' ``- `- `-` |"Underachiever and proud of it"|
> -' '-------------------------------'

First, the Small Yet Incomprehensible Sig[tm] from 9-year veteran PhBill...
then a beautiful example of Athens Tear-At-The-Dotted-Line SansSense
Oblique 18 pt.

In alt.someplace (I forgot where I was trawling), dv...@auvm.american.edu writes:
>---
> _@==@===============|*****_ DAVID VAN ALLEN
> |__|_______________________| DV...@AUVM.AMERICAN.EDU - Bitnet
> ^^ |_______________________| Please love me today, I'm so in love
> ^^ ^^ Don't put it off" Autrey Inman

Ah! A beautiful rendition of a rose^H^H^H^H^H^Hmy first bass amp after I kicked
it over during a live rendition of Rush's "Red Barchetta". It made a truly
beautiful POP sound (the best sound it had made all night!) and was silent.
Ah, memories... ["Tunesmythe" indeed!]

Dave Sweeney
big...@tdd.sj.nec.com

And now, the biggest BUAF ever seen in a sig:

--

[Inews: HAHAHA! Got another one!]