[POLL] Identification

5 views
Skip to the first unread message

Scortia

unread,
20 Apr 2003, 21:45:0320/04/2003
to
Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...

1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
that character's reason...

2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
assume he can be :), or Shiori?

5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
Akio?

6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
flat-out using her for free room and board?

7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
so, to do what and for how long?

--Scortia


Jiras Corrino

unread,
20 Apr 2003, 23:38:2520/04/2003
to
>From: Scortia sco...@charter.net
>Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2003 9:45 PM
>Message-id: <3EA34D1F...@charter.net>

>
> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...

*burns incense to the poll goddess*

>1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
>were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
>that character's reason...

I hate to say it, but I think Mikage... since I have just as much trouble
interacting with people as he does. Plus, he's a fellow scientist.

>2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Touga. He's slick, he's athletic, he's popular, he's everything I'm not...

>3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

I'm too agressive to be a rose bride, so I'd be a duellist. And being a
duellist, my colors would be grey with gold piping and silver epaulets... those
are the colors of a Corrino Sardaukar, after all... ^^|/

>4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
>assume he can be :), or Shiori?

That depends on which Shiori you're talking about... Miki would beat out
pre-Ruka Shiori, but not post-Ruka Shiori.

>5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
>Akio?

Akio. Until that very last scene, when Anthy takes control of and for herself.

>6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
>flat-out using her for free room and board?

He was honest. It was only just that he also honestly wanted back into Ohtori
and back on the Council.

>7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

*Fruba reference* It just means that Kyou is 'practicing' in the forest
again... "Gotta beat Yuki, grrr" */Fruba reference*

>8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
>so, to do what and for how long?

It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...


Jiras Corrino aka Olo Moss of Lake-by-Downs
afu no Chuchu
afu no Mikage's Elevator
Proud Member, Wakaba Genki Preservation Society!
Pro-Shiorist and PROUD!

Posthumandude

unread,
21 Apr 2003, 00:12:3521/04/2003
to
>
>1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
>were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
>that character's reason...

Mikage.

>
>2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Either kiryuu.

>
>3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Grey, or olive.

>
>4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
>assume he can be :), or Shiori?

Miki, except she's a lesbian.

>
>5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
>Akio?

Akio.

>
>6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
>flat-out using her for free room and board?

The latter.

>
>7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

I did. I set shaped charges in the base.

>
>8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
>so, to do what and for how long?
>

Just long enough to find a way to kill akio and take his power.


Scortia

unread,
21 Apr 2003, 09:34:2521/04/2003
to
Duuuude... my newsgroup service already deleted my original post... sorry Jiras,
I'm copying and pasting into this one. :P

Jiras Corrino wrote:

> >From: Scortia sco...@charter.net
> >Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2003 9:45 PM
> >Message-id: <3EA34D1F...@charter.net>
> >
> > Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
>
> *burns incense to the poll goddess*

Mwahahaha... *does a little pagan dance*

>
>
> >1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
> >were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
> >that character's reason...

Hmmm.... I'm possibly most like Miki in that way. I'm looking for the spark for my
music, art, and writing, and it brings me down when I feel that I really really
suck and will never find it. ^^;; Of course, his more involves having a person and
I don't. But it's funny, because as it is that Kozue was never the reason that he
had his "shining thing" to begin with, most good artists become good artists when
they get rid of all external influences. ^.^

> >2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?
>

Touga.... skank. :P I can't understand stereotypically-noble and playboy types.
Also Juri because her sour attitude on life is something that I don't have.

>
>
> >3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P
>
>

Hmmmm... Amber, White, and Navy for a dark trim.

>
>
> >4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
> >assume he can be :), or Shiori?
>

Hmmmm... I'm obviously not gonna say Shiori. :P I flip back and forth between Ruka
and Miki. It would depend upon their circumstances I guess. Miki is sort of the
happy, naive person who Juri would need in her life, but then, I also just melt
over how much Ruka loves her and how they talk together.

>
>
> >5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
> >Akio?
>

Anthy... I sort of view the series from the standpoint that perhaps EVERYTHING is
under Anthy's control. The problem is that she is subconsciously a masochist.

>
>
> >6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
> >flat-out using her for free room and board?
>
>

He was being honest and was grateful. Ya see, I think he was an example of someone
partially out of Ohtori's grasp. And then, Mikage tempted him back. I don't think
he was really craving a chance to go back otherwise, after he sliced Touga... I
think that sort of killed his aspirations and thus he was freed a bit.

>
>
> >7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?
>

*shrugs* Yeah, that was a dumb question.

>
>
> >8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
> >so, to do what and for how long?
>

I know it is being controlled, but I'd have fun there... I'd harass those bitchy,
stupid schoolgirls. I'd give Saionji some much-needed conversation time... poor
thing, everyone just ignores him. I'd go looking for Mikage so that I could hang
out and then maybe become a black rose duelist...sure, I may have some deep reason
to be one... (pick me, I have angst) Anyway, most black rose duelists do better to
go through the experience... plus I get to be a duelist. ^o^ ;; I'd get in some
fencing lessons and play The Sunlit Garden (be proud Miki, I played it for the
Talent Show in high school. :) I'd give Touga a chance to hit on me and BEAT HIM
DOWN! ^o^

--Scortia


David Paul

unread,
21 Apr 2003, 11:42:1721/04/2003
to

Well, I guess this is as good a time as any to delurk. Hi, everybody!

> 1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
> were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
> that character's reason...

As a couple of people have said already... Nemuro. Let's face it -- he's
the stereotypical antisocial nerd, and I fit that description a leetle too
well. : p

> 2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Touga. I don't hate him, but he's such a cypher. I can't believe his
motivations are as shallow as power and sex, but I can't figure out what
they really are.

> 3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Umm... probably green and black, with silver trim.

> 4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
> assume he can be :), or Shiori?

Miki is a nice guy, but way too repressed. Besides, I doubt Juri would
think of him in that way. Ruka is a ruthless, sadistic bastard -- he's
ruthless and sadistic in a good cause, but he's still ruthless and sadistic.
Shiori... maybe, if she can get over her inferiority complex. (Actually,
I'm not sure Ruka's interference helped with that at all -- it certainly
wasn't his intent.)

> 5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
> Akio?

Neither, really. I don't think either of them have any more power than they
can convince others to give them. Akio is better at that, but he himself is
so dominated by his desire to recapture the past that he can't really be
said to be "in control" of anything, least of all himself.

> 6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
> flat-out using her for free room and board?

Both. I think he genuinely enjoyed being with her, but only because he'd
given up all hope of outdoing Touga. When Mikage offered him a second
chance, he couldn't really help himself, the poor bastard....

> 7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

Chu Chu. He ate through the trunk, like a beaver.

> 8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
> so, to do what and for how long?

Not for long. I'd probably see if they had anything interesting in the
library. Then I'd kick Akio in the balls and run.

> --Scortia

-- David


Tak Loufer

unread,
21 Apr 2003, 15:43:0121/04/2003
to
>Subject: [POLL] Identification
>From: Scortia sco...@charter.net
>Date: 4/20/2003 8:45 PM Central Standard Time
>Message-id: <3EA34D1F...@charter.net>

>
> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...

Sure, why not.

>
>1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
>were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
>that character's reason...

Hmm. I think I'm most like a cross between Professor Nemuro and Shiori. In
High School I was sort of a parasitic nerd who had trouble showing emotion.

>
>2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?
>

Touga. He's just too cool and popular, and I can't relate.

>3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P
>

Black, Grey, Red. With oversized epaulets like Nanami's

>4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
>assume he can be :), or Shiori?
>

Shiori.

>5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
>Akio?
>

Akio at first, but only because Anthy let him. At the end it was Anthy.

>6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
>flat-out using her for free room and board?

Both. He felt grateful to Wakaba, but also felt ashamed that he was being
supported by her. He took up Mikage's offer as a second chance to regain his
former glory.

>
>7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?
>

Whatever came out of Nanami's egg.

>8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
>so, to do what and for how long?
>

I'd stay there....forever probably. I don't like change. I'd be a mysterious
phantom like Mikage. Reading a microfische machine and have my own shady
seminar.

-ur pal
-tak L

>--Scortia
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


mi...@winternet.com

unread,
21 Apr 2003, 18:34:0021/04/2003
to
Scortia wrote:
>
> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...

Of course you may! All hail...

>
> 1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
> were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
> that character's reason...

Sort of a combination of Mikage and Keiko. Definitely a nerd girl, but
also looking for worth as someone else's shadow. At least, when I was
that age.

>
> 2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Akio and Anthy. They are both powerful in their own way, and are both
master manipulators each in their own way. I'm neither.

>
> 3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Dark red, gold and ivory trim.

>
> 4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
> assume he can be :), or Shiori?

Miki. I'd say Ruka, but in his desperation to help her, he also
terminally damaged his relationship with her. As for Shiori, I see no
evidence that she'd *want* that kind of relationship with Juri, so that
wouldn't be a very good deal for Juri.

>
> 5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
> Akio?

Akio at the beginning, Anthy towards the end.

>
> 6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
> flat-out using her for free room and board?

He was being honest. Unfortunately, he (like everyone else there) has
his fatal flaw of pride, which allowed him to be lured back into the
web.

>
> 7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

Dios. I dunno, chopped it down with his sword?

>
> 8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
> so, to do what and for how long?

As I am now, I think I would stay for a while. At least long enough to
just *talk* with some of them, like Saionji, Mikage and Nanami. The ones
that I think could benefit by talking with someone sympathetic. Of
course, there'd be the trick of escaping Anthy's wrath for interfering
with her toys.

Laurie
-- Saionji's Prince and Keeper
mi...@winternet.com
http://www.winternet.com/~milo

sah

unread,
21 Apr 2003, 20:45:5821/04/2003
to
On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:45:03 -0500, Scortia <sco...@charter.net>
wrote:

> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...

Sure, why not. :)

>1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
>were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
>that character's reason...

Definitely Juri for me.

>2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Certainly neither Touga nor Nanami. Oddly enough, I don't really
identify with Utena, the genuinely nice, popular, athletic girl, all
that much either.

>3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Dark blue, white and black.

>4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
>assume he can be :), or Shiori?

I think I have to go with Shiori, mostly because that's who Juri
clearly wants. Miki is just too naive and I don't think she thinks of
him that way (in the series at least). Ruka is just too ruthless.

>5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
>Akio?

I think they were both equally in control.

>6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
>flat-out using her for free room and board?

Both, for the same reasons others have stated.

>7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

Maybe Nanami the cow tipped it over?

>8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
>so, to do what and for how long?

I'd stay there for a little while at least, just for the fun of it
all. I'm not entirely sure what I'd do though other than hang out.

--sah

romana at mindspring dot com
http://www.cybertardis.com

Jiras Corrino

unread,
21 Apr 2003, 23:08:3021/04/2003
to
>From: Scortia sco...@charter.net
>Date: Mon, Apr 21, 2003 9:34 AM
>Message-id: <3EA3F361...@charter.net>

>
>Duuuude... my newsgroup service already deleted my original post... sorry
>Jiras,
>I'm copying and pasting into this one. :P
>
>Jiras Corrino wrote:

D'oh! ^^ Hey, no problemo... ^^|/

<snip>

Ben

unread,
21 Apr 2003, 23:08:5121/04/2003
to
> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
Well, okay. But first the pope, now a goddess...
These polls are taking over ALL RELIGIONS!

[rimshot]


>1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
>were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
>that character's reason...

I'm a Shadow Girl.
I babble about off-topic stuff.


>2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Ms. Tenjou, but only because she's a great-looking cross-dresser.


>3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

A dark gray kilt with silver pinstripes and a silver crushed velvet
fez with a red tassle and chartreuse fuzzy dice.
Oh, and definitely the rosebride.


>4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
>assume he can be :), or Shiori?

Definitely Mamoru-chan.
(ducks)


>5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
>Akio?

Yep. That one.


>6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
>flat-out using her for free room and board?

Used, abused and confused her.


>7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

If I'm driving at light speed and flip on my headlights, will they do
anything?


>8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
>so, to do what and for how long?

I'll have my MLA in another eighteen months.
Do they need a librarian?

Which reminds me, just out of curiosity, is anyone else here much past
their teens? For the record, I'll be 32 in July. And yes, I really
am "just curious" (married eight years on May 20th).

sephigirl

unread,
21 Apr 2003, 23:16:5421/04/2003
to
"Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
news:3EA34D1F...@charter.net...

> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...

Yes - you *have* to be - damn you & your polls ^_^ - couldn't resist coming
out from the shadows and post . . .


>
> 1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
> were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
> that character's reason...

Touga or Utena. There's a certain loneliness with both of them that I
identify with. Also, they're both naive in their own ways. And they need
someone or someones to believe in them and give them strength. We all want
to be good and noble (yet don't comprehend our failings) - a Prince - I know
I'd yield to Akio, for many reasons, just like they did ^__^ I also am
like them both in that I'm swayed by others. Touga by Akio, and to some
degree Miki and Utena. Utena, by just about everyone. And, like Touga &
Utena, I go where "angels fear to tread." And, when lost/defeated, they,
and I, take it very much to heart.

Touga - mostly I identify with him - he's a flirt, he craves attention, he's
a good friend but does things "for the good" of others without thinking it
through; he keeps others' secrets; he's rather protective and he loves
adventure. He wants to "save" - to be the hero. We want the answers - he &
I have to know the how and why. And he broods - something I'm very good at.
^^ Oh - and we both adore kitties! ^^ He's a cynic yet he cares. And we
both have the potential for "attitude." And I identify with his playfulness
and naughtiness. He has a sense of humor - which I identify with.

Utena - she stands up for what she believes in and who she believes in.
She's a steadfast friend and she's so wonderfully outspoken yet naive. Her
sense of "you are who you are" is very much like me. And her temper - I
can really identify with. And she wants to believe in people's good sides,
gets her heart broken, then does it all over again. Oh yeah - I definitely
understand that.

>
> 2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Anthy. She's too quietly manipulative - I couldn't sit there and not warn
those I care about - on the duels, about Akio, etc. I couldn't let Saionji
or Juri hit me and just accept it. Being forced into a role is very much
not me. Abusing a trust is beyond me. Miki adores her, Utena trusts her,
Saionji "loves" her and Anthy breaks their hearts - I couldn't cause that
kind of pain.

and Nanami - she's just too possessive, too demanding, too cruel at times.
Her treatment of Anthy is unacceptable and mean - I couldn't do that. And
the kitty thing . . . well . . . no more be said.

>
> 3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Dark royal purple dress, gold over white lace, white feathers, gold crown.
All white suit with purple diagonal lapel thingy edged in gold with gold
braid, maybe purple pants instead of white. Oh and my hair flows prettily
like Touga's. ^^


>
> 4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
> assume he can be :), or Shiori?

For her? Miki. For Miki? No. Miki's very gentle & sweet - she'd be good
around him but I think she'd never really understand his gentle soul and
she'd have affairs. Ruka would be better for her passionate and physical
self. But they'd never lead a fully peaceful life.


>
> 5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
> Akio?

Anthy. She sits back quietly and says nothing. She has the power of
knowledge and she doesn't share it.


>
> 6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
> flat-out using her for free room and board?
>

At first - the latter. Then I think he realized she wasn't like others -
she was sweet and genuine and he came to honestly appreciate her. But the
cad! The chance to be back in Touga's shadow and to retake the power he
once had as a member of Student Council won over the honest feelings Wakaba
had to offer. Cad, cad, cad!!!

> 7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

Me and Akio . . . . . H___H Um, where was I? Oh. Mikage - doing some
more of his damnable experiments.


>
> 8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
> so, to do what and for how long?
>

Yes. Stay for as long as I could (especially if I never age).
Sex with Akio, sex with Touga, sex with Mikage - well, okay conversation
with Mikage. I'd love to help them all believe in their own innermost
nobility.
Miki is strong on his own; he's a good person, he needs to believe in
himself.
Juri needs to accept and relish the feelings she had for Shiori, weep over
them, mourn them, accept that there's no future, then find another and she'd
see there are others.
Saionji needs to see he's a wonderful, beautiful, sexy young man - he
doesn't need to prove anything to Touga. He is Touga's equal. Create his
own secrets and life outside of Touga. Come out of the closet Saio!
Touga - after sleeping with him numerous times - needs to understand he's
already a Prince - he has a good heart - there's no shame in being good or
kind or in love. There's the strength and nobility. Plus I'd love to just
*watch* him.
Akio - well, okay, just lots of sex with Akio. If I know what he's like - I
doubt I could convince him he has the potential to be a Prince if he'd just
open that door himself.
And Mikage - sweet nerdy Mikage - I would just love to adore him for all
that he is - bring him into the light again - believe in him, trust him, let
him know he's loveable and sexy and funny and sweet. I would love to earn
his trust. *huggles Mikage* Then I'd sleep with him. ^__^
And I'd like to be Shiori's friend to help her see she's worth more than
just her current beau and that being "different" is okay.
Also, I'd like to help Tatsuya and Wakaba get together and I'd like to be
Wakaba's friend. And let her know what a wonderful, and great friend she
is.

Now, I shall creep back to my shadows. Thanks Scortia - that was fun!

~Katherine
AFU no Touga - Keeper of his Sexuality
~Mikage's Prince
~~(also)Touga's Prince and Akio's Prince(as needed)


Proud Member, Wakaba Genki Preservation Society

UtenaCode(1.1)U:6 F:To+++Ak++:pBR D:Sa<Na- - -> X:**:a[BR++]
M:f "Poison" "Akio Car" Mikage's Hits, "Toki Ni Ai Wa"
http://www.geocities.com/sephigirl/index.html
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool. ~Touga Kiryuu


Scortia

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 11:52:3322/04/2003
to

sephigirl wrote:

> "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> news:3EA34D1F...@charter.net...
> > Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
>
> Yes - you *have* to be - damn you & your polls ^_^ - couldn't resist coming
> out from the shadows and post . . .

Mwahahaha... no one can resist the power of polls... Mwahahahah ^o^

>

<snippity>

I'm just laughing my butt off because you were saying how you identify with
Utena and her naivety and her goodness, and then we get to this part and you're
like "I'll sleep with him, then him, and then the other guy again... " :P I
must admit that I sort of identify with Utena as well though, the whole being
yourself concept and idealism is something I have... but I'm more like the
fallen prince-version (Mikage) because while I hope the best from people, I do
realize that humans are some sick bastards. ^^;; Growing up suuuuuucks. :P

>
> And I'd like to be Shiori's friend to help her see she's worth more than
> just her current beau and that being "different" is okay.
> Also, I'd like to help Tatsuya and Wakaba get together and I'd like to be
> Wakaba's friend. And let her know what a wonderful, and great friend she
> is.

Just out of curiosity, any plans to go into psychology? ^_~ I think if I went
there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for being
total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga... and then
we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the back
seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after Saionji,
Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of fanart. *_*

>
>
> Now, I shall creep back to my shadows. Thanks Scortia - that was fun!

*bows*

--Scortia


Eldrick Tobin, Master of Perversion

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 15:36:2422/04/2003
to
Scortia <sco...@charter.net> wrote:

> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
>
>1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
>were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
>that character's reason...

Can't answer on the grounds it would probably incriminate me somehow.

>2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

The Music Teacher. ^o^

I'm not that blatantly suicidal. I don't think ANYONE can be THAT blatantly
suicidal and still be alive unless they have no arms and legs.

Like I'm sure the music teacher may well end up ^.~

Touching Miki like that is just grounds for getting fscking greased ^.~

>3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Mmmm grey and maybe blue ~.~v

ObAFU: Now... which outfit?

Can I go to henshin dynamics?

OPAFU: Where?

Male uniform then <.<

>4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
>assume he can be :), or Shiori?

Well as I slap Nanami and Miki together (though the house would be like the
Masaki residence pretty fast. "Kozue! Nanami-darling stop fighting ^^;"), that
leaves Ruka and Shiori. Ruka seems to bring out the worst in Juri alot of the
time... so... Shiori. Sure they might "just be friends" forever but I think Juri
can accept that.

>5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
>Akio?

The Projector. ^-^

>6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
>flat-out using her for free room and board?

Honest ^^ because he could.

>7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

Saionji. Cooking Incident. He wrote about it later in his new Exchange Diary.
Cute little pictures too. Anthy put little bird nests all over the place and a
flying elephant in the tree that was invisible. ^^v

>8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
>so, to do what and for how long?

Akio: Don't you mean who *leer*

Out of my usenet message <.< *glare*

Anyfey... it might be fun to tour the campus... look out over the campus -even
with my fear that the giant phallic object might fall over at any time- and then
get the hell out of dodge. If I stayed longer than that I might not get out.

ObEliza: What do you mean might not get out?

Well I might see some student having trouble with a subject I actually know... or
being bullied... and try to help out. At which point you've interacted with "the
experiment" and are probably now part of it.

Kinda like I personally think a student could know OF the dueling game and manage
to stay out of it for a while... but they'd have to be very careful. I imagine it
similar to having an Angel on one side of you and a Devil on the other. Both
trying to entreat you to listen to them and not the other. If you tell only one
to shut up the other by default might well win because you made a choice. So IMO
a person would have walk a very fine edge. To help one is to hinder the other...
to hinder one is to help the other.

NOT that there are enough "factions" to make you have to really worry... well
save in part of my ongoing fanfic @.@ *holds up a "If you don't know you don't
WANNA know." sign*

So... pie anyone?

Wakaba: Hai :9

Akio: Hai!

I said pie not Pai.

Akio: Oh. *think* give me one anyway.

<.<;;;;;;; *hands over* I do NOT want to know.

Akio: *smile*

*twitch*


[I really need to get some free time and write it seems @.@]
--
Eldrick Tobin
"Welcome to Ohtori. Here's your teal uniform and your straight jacket. >:)" - Death Quaker

Eldrick Tobin, Master of Perversion

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 15:46:1922/04/2003
to
"David Paul" <dsp...@charter.net> wrote:

>
>Well, I guess this is as good a time as any to delurk. Hi, everybody!

Hi Doctor Paul!

>> 5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
>> Akio?
>
>Neither, really. I don't think either of them have any more power than they
>can convince others to give them. Akio is better at that, but he himself is
>so dominated by his desire to recapture the past that he can't really be
>said to be "in control" of anything, least of all himself.

^-^v

>> 7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?
>
>Chu Chu. He ate through the trunk, like a beaver.

This answer I like ^^

>> 8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
>> so, to do what and for how long?
>
>Not for long. I'd probably see if they had anything interesting in the
>library. Then I'd kick Akio in the balls and run.

^o^

So welcome. Standard meeting with the Chairman waived considering what you'd
DO... so... don't bring a toy, and don't come by his place on Thursday.


Wow cue card 2 doesn't get read alot... it's dusty. Get me a shop vac stat!

C-ko: Hai!

Rob Kelly

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 16:57:0322/04/2003
to
On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:45:03 -0500, Scortia <sco...@charter.net>
wrote:

> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...


>
>1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
>were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
>that character's reason...

Uh... Saionji, because I'n hot headed, impatient and don't like being
in control of my life? And I can get violent if someone pisses me off,
though not a people like Anthy. And that I'm searching for something I
might never find...

*Dyes his hair green*

>2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Touga. He just seems to have "jerk" and "lecher" written all about him
to me. Especially as he seems to be coming off like Akio's Mini-mee.

>3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Red, black and blue.

>4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
>assume he can be :), or Shiori?

Miki. He's the only one who'll genuinely care for Juri in the long
run, it seems

>5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
>Akio?

Hard question. Maybe they have just as much power as each other.

>6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
>flat-out using her for free room and board?

He's probably as much honest with Wakaba as I have seen episodes for
Utena(has only seen the first seven and a bit of the BR arc).

>7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

Shadow Play Girl C-ko. Her capture claw missed and caught the tree.

>8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
>so, to do what and for how long?

I'd keep from being manipulated and just go and date a girl. I wonder
if Wakaba's availible?

--
Rob Kelly: preloading for a better tomorrow
ICQ: 46075720
"I am the dead, and their land"

Adam Jones

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 16:02:0322/04/2003
to
In a futile gesture against entropy, Scortia wrote:
> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
>
> 1. Which character do you identify with the most?

I'd have to say Anthy. She's held prisoner by her own fear (of change,
of the world, of being vulnerable) and is, for most of the series,
very much alone.

Also, she's clever, quiet, a little vindictive, and has a delightfully
evil sense of humour.

> 2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Saionji. He always struck me as just a little too unbalanced and
stalker-y for comfort.

> 3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Something inconspicuous.

> 4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
> assume he can be :), or Shiori?

Assuming Juri were magically to become straight, I'd have to say Miki
out of that lot. Ruka is just wrong for her in /so/ many ways, and
Shiori has enough problems of her own to make any relationship
between them into a disaster-zone. Miki is the closest of them to
actually /understanding/ Juri.

> 5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
> Akio?

For the most part, Akio. Anthy thinks that she is, but she's fooling
herself, and Akio gets away with using her. Only at the very end does
Anthy finally gain control.

> 6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
> flat-out using her for free room and board?

He might've had a tiny bit of a thing for her, perhaps, but I think
in the end he was just too obsessed to notice.

> 7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

The shadow-play girls on a drinking binge.

> 8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
> so, to do what and for how long?

Knowing what I know about Ohtori, I'd say that all of us have been there
at some point in our lives. It's whether or not we've left it that's
the interesting question.
--
Adam Jones (ad...@yggdrasl.demon.co.uk)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
.oO("add it to the cmooand line" )
PGP public key: http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/pubkey.asc
http://www.fanficrevolution.org/ - The Fanfic Revolution

mi...@winternet.com

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 19:02:1322/04/2003
to
Scortia wrote:
>
> sephigirl wrote:
>
> > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > news:3EA34D1F...@charter.net...
> > > Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
> >
> > Yes - you *have* to be - damn you & your polls ^_^ - couldn't resist coming
> > out from the shadows and post . . .
>
> Mwahahaha... no one can resist the power of polls... Mwahahahah ^o^

No one indeed. Look how quickly this thread has expanded.

>
> >
>
> <snippity>


>
> >
> > And I'd like to be Shiori's friend to help her see she's worth more than
> > just her current beau and that being "different" is okay.
> > Also, I'd like to help Tatsuya and Wakaba get together and I'd like to be
> > Wakaba's friend. And let her know what a wonderful, and great friend she
> > is.
>
> Just out of curiosity, any plans to go into psychology? ^_~ I think if I went
> there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for being
> total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga... and then
> we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the back
> seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after Saionji,
> Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of fanart. *_*
>

Hmmmm. What do you look like, Scortia?

Laurie
-- Saionji's Prince and Keeper

-- Ohtori Academy Portraitist
mi...@winternet.com
http://www.winternet.com/~milo

Scortia

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 20:18:2122/04/2003
to

mi...@winternet.com wrote:

> Scortia wrote:
> >
> > sephigirl wrote:
> >
> > > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > > news:3EA34D1F...@charter.net...
> > > > Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
> > >
> > > Yes - you *have* to be - damn you & your polls ^_^ - couldn't resist coming
> > > out from the shadows and post . . .
> >
> > Mwahahaha... no one can resist the power of polls... Mwahahahah ^o^
>
> No one indeed. Look how quickly this thread has expanded.

^______^

>
>
> >
> > >
> >
> > <snippity>
> >
> > >
> > > And I'd like to be Shiori's friend to help her see she's worth more than
> > > just her current beau and that being "different" is okay.
> > > Also, I'd like to help Tatsuya and Wakaba get together and I'd like to be
> > > Wakaba's friend. And let her know what a wonderful, and great friend she
> > > is.
> >
> > Just out of curiosity, any plans to go into psychology? ^_~ I think if I went
> > there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for being
> > total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga... and then
> > we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the back
> > seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after Saionji,
> > Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of fanart. *_*

*sigh* With all the art I'm preparing to sell, there's no time to make happy,
self-serving fanart. ^^;;

>
> >
>
> Hmmmm. What do you look like, Scortia?

I sound like a seiyuu doing a stats list.... but: Caucasian, 5'8", average to skinny
weight, long, straight dirty blonde hair (until I slash it all off! :)

After thinking of that... it somehow made me think to ask... anyone going to A-kon
next month? It'd be cool to meet up with afu'ers.

--Scortia


Scortia

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 20:27:5322/04/2003
to

Adam Jones wrote:

> In a futile gesture against entropy, Scortia wrote:
> > Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
> >

<snip>

>
>
> > 4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
> > assume he can be :), or Shiori?
>
> Assuming Juri were magically to become straight, I'd have to say Miki
> out of that lot. Ruka is just wrong for her in /so/ many ways, and
> Shiori has enough problems of her own to make any relationship
> between them into a disaster-zone. Miki is the closest of them to
> actually /understanding/ Juri.

A lot of people had a similar response to this and it actually caught me off
guard. As much as the dislike for Ruka is upsetting (the poor dude was
shaking Juri out of her obsession... well, trying to at least ^^;;), something
surprises me more. Even though Juri is in love with Shiori, I've never really
felt that she's just necessarily a lesbian, end-of-story. I always found her
love for Shiori as not genuine, but more cloudy and misunderstood... maybe
because Juri was always in the lead, dominant, and intimidating to others.
Anyway, in anime in general, I think it's always a bit difficult to label this
person as gay and that one is straight... love is more a universal thing, it's
just whoever you love, such as when characters fall in love with their
teachers and then with someone totally different. Bleh... my brain is off...
I'm going. :P


--Scortia


sephigirl

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 21:20:1922/04/2003
to
"Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
news:3EA56541...@charter.net...

>
>
> sephigirl wrote:
>
> > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > news:3EA34D1F...@charter.net...
> > > Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
> >
> > Yes - you *have* to be - damn you & your polls ^_^ - couldn't resist
coming
> > out from the shadows and post . . .
>
> Mwahahaha... no one can resist the power of polls... Mwahahahah ^o^
>
damn you woman! ^^ I really can't either. I think I've answered every
poll put out on afu, not to mention put a few out myself.

And that is why I say I'm more like Touga first! //^__^\\ He & Utena are
actually similar but he's just . . . so much more naughtier. He enjoys
*all* of life. But don't forget Utena was with Akio (lol thank Dios I
re-read this - I had first written Mikage! ^o^ - oh the wrongness, the
wrongness) and might've been with Touga if he had been a little more clever
(or maybe they were - depending on how we want to read that night scene on
the platform). So . . . Plus there's good, and there's *good* ~_^
Naivete is not simply non-sexual - one can be sexually active and still be
naive - like Touga, and Utena. And me - for Dios' sake - trust me on that
one. ^__^

>I must admit that I sort of identify with Utena as well though, the whole
being
> yourself concept and idealism is something I have... but I'm more like the
> fallen prince-version (Mikage) because while I hope the best from people,
I do
> realize that humans are some sick bastards. ^^;; Growing up suuuuuucks.
:P

Oh I don't hope for the best. I believe the best in everyone - then crush
them when they believe in themselves. Only joking! Only joking! Wow - is
that not Touga of me, or what? the games, the games . . .


>
> >
> > And I'd like to be Shiori's friend to help her see she's worth more than
> > just her current beau and that being "different" is okay.
> > Also, I'd like to help Tatsuya and Wakaba get together and I'd like to
be
> > Wakaba's friend. And let her know what a wonderful, and great friend
she
> > is.
>
> Just out of curiosity, any plans to go into psychology? ^_~

I was a horrible psych student (I liked Jung but that was all) - but my
dream is to someday end up back in Human Resources & help folks find their
potential. I have a soft spot for good people with broken dreams and hearts
who just need a little love and support to be the special person they really
are. Then when they're really happy - I really *crush* them. ^__^ Joking,
joking!!!


> if I went
> there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for
being
> total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga... and
then
> we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the
back
> seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after
Saionji,
> Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of fanart.
*_*
>

Green, blue, blue, pink - well, it's very Easter-y I must say. ^^ Spring -
that special time of year when a young bishi's fancy turns to Scortia. ^__^


> >
> > Now, I shall creep back to my shadows. Thanks Scortia - that was fun!
>
> *bows*
>

See? This is why I'm trying to stay away! I am supposed to be re-working
my query letter to the publisher and what am I doing? Having a hell of a
lot of fun with your poll!

mi...@winternet.com

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 21:39:2222/04/2003
to
Scortia wrote:
>
> mi...@winternet.com wrote:
>
> > Scortia wrote:
> > >
> > > sephigirl wrote:
> > >
> > > > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > > > news:3EA34D1F...@charter.net...
> > >
> > > <snippity>
> > >
> > > >
> > > > And I'd like to be Shiori's friend to help her see she's worth more than
> > > > just her current beau and that being "different" is okay.
> > > > Also, I'd like to help Tatsuya and Wakaba get together and I'd like to be
> > > > Wakaba's friend. And let her know what a wonderful, and great friend she
> > > > is.
> > >
> > > Just out of curiosity, any plans to go into psychology? ^_~ I think if I went
> > > there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for being
> > > total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga... and then
> > > we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the back
> > > seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after Saionji,
> > > Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of fanart. *_*
>
> *sigh* With all the art I'm preparing to sell, there's no time to make happy,
> self-serving fanart. ^^;;

Ah, but since I write software for a living, I can take time to make
happy, self-serving fanart. ^____^ Not meaning to brag--I think it's
great that you are going to be selling your artwork. At a con, since you
mention one below?

>
> >
> > >
> >
> > Hmmmm. What do you look like, Scortia?
>
> I sound like a seiyuu doing a stats list.... but: Caucasian, 5'8", average to > skinny
> weight, long, straight dirty blonde hair (until I slash it all off! :)

Skinny fits right in with the Ohtori-tachi. Heh heh.

>
> After thinking of that... it somehow made me think to ask... anyone going to A-kon
> next month? It'd be cool to meet up with afu'ers.

Nope, sorry.

Laurie
-- Saionji's Prince and Keeper

mi...@winternet.com
http://www.winternet.com/~milo <-- new Utena art up, and redecorated for
spring!

mi...@winternet.com

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 21:43:4722/04/2003
to

I completely agree about Juri's probably orientation. In fact, I've been
wondering if there maybe hadn't been something actually romantic in
nature between Juri and Ruka before he took ill, which was one reason
things were so difficult for them when he came back. Just a hypothesis.
I'm still working it out.

Laurie
-- Saionji's Prince and Keeper
mi...@winternet.com

http://www.winternet.com/~milo <-- new Utena art, and redecorated for
spring!

Death Quaker

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 22:59:1722/04/2003
to
*crawls out from underneath her huge pile of still-unfinished Web site
updates* What have we here?

Scortia <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message news:<3EA34D1F...@charter.net>...

> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P

Yes! Except your powers are so great that not only have you lured cool
people like Katherine into the joy of answering your polls, despite
the vast time-suck powers of AFU, you have lured the likes of _me_ as
well... ^-^

> 1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
> were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
> that character's reason...

Well, IF I were still the age of the Utena characters, probably Jury,
as I did a good deal of brooding over a petite, sweet-but-manipulative
young woman--and I was in total denial about the whole thing--and
yeah, at that age, I'd definitely duel for her.

These days... well, my big dreams currently involve getting a real job
in my actual field and owning a big garden with lots of roses and
honeysuckle. But I don't think even Anthy really wanted a garden, so
I'm alone in that...

I identify a lot with Utena as far as the desire to protect friends
goes, although I have at this point learned (the hard way) that
unasked-for meddling can often do more harm than good. I think I kinda
do want to be someone's hero sometimes, so yeah... we'll go with
Utena.

> 2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Nanami. Although I love the character, even _I_ have never been that
obsessive--or possessive--at least not in that way. And I've never in
my life had the resources or personality type to be able to aquire
henchwenches of my own.

> 3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Crayola Tempera Paint Blue.

Although actually, for a duel I'd just wear my usual jeans and t-shirt
with the big red Dios cape.

> 4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
> assume he can be :), or Shiori?

Well, Miki needs to finish going through puberty before he can be
considered a serious candidate, but even then I think Jury needs
someone with a little more of a spine. They're better off staying in
the sempai-kohai relationship they have, IMO. Ruka is too much the
other way around, too ruthless... I think he'd end up angering her
again, pushing her too far. He might still be fine as a mentor in some
ways though. Shiori... if Shiori got over her self-esteem issues, AND
she and Jury learned to communicate their feelings, they _might_
actually work out... when Shiori is direct with Jury, she's good at
calling Jury on her usual BS, which Jury needs...

I could be entirely biased though. I have this cute picture taken from
an art book on my computer desktop, of Jury and Shiori in their
fencing uniforms, and Shiori's all looking up admiringly at Jury, and
they just look so damn _cute_ together. So yeah, biased, most
probably.

More abstractly though... if not Shiori, I'd actually vote for none of
the above.



> 5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
> Akio?

GETTING A BIT SPOILERY HERE, SO...

Anthy. Anthy has more control of herself, first of all. And there are
a couple hints that sometimes things happen that were perhaps
influenced by Anthy that Akio wasn't expecting. Akio "controlled"
Anthy because she let him... but as soon as she decides to leave, it's
clear from the lost look on his face on who relied on whom.

> 6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
> flat-out using her for free room and board?

I think Saionji truly appreciated Wakaba's efforts to help him, but as
others have said, his ambitions to rejoin the council ultimately
overplayed his debt to Wakaba. I think he was clueless about her
feelings for him--he probably didn't even realize she was the girl who
used to write him those "charming" letters. He probably figured the
girl was sensitive to his plight and was doing a good deed.

> 7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

Mitsuru. Yet another attempt to "endanger" his Nanami-sama.

> 8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
> so, to do what and for how long?

Depends... are they hiring people with MAs in English, and what's the
pay and benefits? ^^

Oh, I don't know, given that one of my secret weaknesses is roses, I'd
probably stick around awhile just to take in the beauty of the
greenhouse. Heck, I'll take over caring for the roses after Anthy
leaves (just as long as it involves none of that cockamamie "Rose
Bride" stuff). I'll just be the weird American girl who spends all day
in the hothouse, deadheading to her heart's content...

Of course, it would be neat to meet the various characters and talk to
them. Get fencing lessons from Jury, jam with Miki... maybe I could be
the girls' RA or something. As for the more serious issues of
Ohtori... I've spent a good long time and a lot of hard work learning
how to learn from my past while not living in it. I'd _hope_, as
anyone would, that its traps would not be a long-lasting danger to
me... it'd be interesting if frightening to be put to the test.

=====
Death Quaker
Shiori's Prince
http://www.angelfire.com/id/deathquaker/utena/main.html

Scortia

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 23:14:4322/04/2003
to

sephigirl wrote:

> "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message

> news:3EA56541...@charter.net...
> >

<snippity>

> I was a horrible psych student (I liked Jung but that was all) - but my
> dream is to someday end up back in Human Resources & help folks find their
> potential. I have a soft spot for good people with broken dreams and hearts
> who just need a little love and support to be the special person they really
> are. Then when they're really happy - I really *crush* them. ^__^ Joking,
> joking!!!
>

<makes a note never to piss Katherine off ^^;;>

>
> > if I went
> > there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for
> being
> > total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga... and
> then
> > we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the
> back
> > seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after
> Saionji,
> > Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of fanart.
> *_*
> >
> Green, blue, blue, pink - well, it's very Easter-y I must say. ^^ Spring -
> that special time of year when a young bishi's fancy turns to Scortia. ^__^

*_* Don't crush my dreams. ;_; Sadly, I'm rather sure that when I cosplay I'll
only get the fancy of the ladies, since I shall be the bishounen. ^^;; I'd love
to find a real-life Saionji or something along those lines. I love
misunderstood assholes. I suppose I really love people who need a little love
and listening too. ^.^

>
> > >
> > > Now, I shall creep back to my shadows. Thanks Scortia - that was fun!
> >
> > *bows*
> >
> See? This is why I'm trying to stay away! I am supposed to be re-working
> my query letter to the publisher and what am I doing? Having a hell of a
> lot of fun with your poll!

All a part of my eeeevil plan. ^o^ Publisher? If you have writer connections
I'm gonna steal them... gotta finish my novel and short stories first though.
^^ Yeah, I have a huge ass painting just waiting in my room, all full of fumes
and in need of being finished too. ^^;;

-Scortia

Scortia

unread,
22 Apr 2003, 23:17:1322/04/2003
to

mi...@winternet.com wrote:

> Scortia wrote:
> >
> > mi...@winternet.com wrote:
> >
> > > Scortia wrote:
> > > >
> > > > sephigirl wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > > > > news:3EA34D1F...@charter.net...
> > > >
> > > > <snippity>
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > And I'd like to be Shiori's friend to help her see she's worth more than
> > > > > just her current beau and that being "different" is okay.
> > > > > Also, I'd like to help Tatsuya and Wakaba get together and I'd like to be
> > > > > Wakaba's friend. And let her know what a wonderful, and great friend she
> > > > > is.
> > > >
> > > > Just out of curiosity, any plans to go into psychology? ^_~ I think if I went
> > > > there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for being
> > > > total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga... and then
> > > > we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the back
> > > > seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after Saionji,
> > > > Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of fanart. *_*
> >
> > *sigh* With all the art I'm preparing to sell, there's no time to make happy,
> > self-serving fanart. ^^;;
>
> Ah, but since I write software for a living, I can take time to make
> happy, self-serving fanart. ^____^ Not meaning to brag--I think it's
> great that you are going to be selling your artwork.

You should brag... almost all the guys in our digital art department came from computer
science majors... they gave up and chose the easier route. :P

> At a con, since you
> mention one below?

Yep, A-kon's art show is my first attempt at selling anime fanart somewhere aside from
online... I just want to earn enough to cover the hotel room. ^^;

>
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > Hmmmm. What do you look like, Scortia?
> >
> > I sound like a seiyuu doing a stats list.... but: Caucasian, 5'8", average to > skinny
> > weight, long, straight dirty blonde hair (until I slash it all off! :)
>
> Skinny fits right in with the Ohtori-tachi. Heh heh.

^o^ Well, I will be cosplaying Akio soon... I FINALLY found one cosplayer do his red
shirt... kudos to him.

>
>
> >
> > After thinking of that... it somehow made me think to ask... anyone going to A-kon
> > next month? It'd be cool to meet up with afu'ers.
>
> Nope, sorry.
>

Grrr... ،_،

--Scortia


Alessandra Picchetti

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 00:42:2623/04/2003
to

"Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
news:3EA34D1F...@charter.net...
> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
>
> 1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
> were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
> that character's reason...

Errr... It really depends on what you think the character's reason *is*...

Probably... er...
*blinks*
I think I've adjusted myself well enough to actually say no one.
*cough* Perhaps Nanami, because I have a volatile temper ^^;; or Touga and
Utena, for similar reasons to Katherine's (well... except the being swayed).

> 2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?

Least? Heh... Umm... I'll go with... Saionji. Yes.

> 3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P

Navy blue with gold trim/epaulettes as a duelist; as a Rose Bride, similar,
but if I'm in Slytherin mode (ooh ooh ooh... can I have Draco Wizard-Duel
for me? ...I feel a crossover coming on... duck!) black dress with green
trim and black ruffles. (Hey... I look good in black, OK?) Silver
accessories, of course.

> 4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
> assume he can be :), or Shiori?

Erg... Miki, but in a non-sexual sense. They've got a kind of protective
brother/sister thing going on there. (Or maybe, "We're the only ones on this
council not being royally screwed from the top directly... let's stay
low-profile together.")

> 5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
> Akio?

Akio. Anthy is manipulated into doing what she does for that 'impossible'
dream of being freed from her role.

> 6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
> flat-out using her for free room and board?

I think he was honest. I mean, he's callous, but he's not that manipulative.

> 7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?

Saionji cut it down in a blind rage.
That, or Chuchu's beaver-horse ate it.

> 8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
> so, to do what and for how long?

Yes, I think I would. And I'd try and get close to the important people and
counsel them, because... I like talking to people about their problems. ^^

-Alex
(yeah, that's a Psych major I'm headed for... what? You're surprised?)
AFU no Ikuhara


Eldrick Tobin, Master of Perversion

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 11:10:3523/04/2003
to
Ben <bens...@wi.rrNOSPAM.com> wrote:

>Which reminds me, just out of curiosity, is anyone else here much past
>their teens? For the record, I'll be 32 in July. And yes, I really
>am "just curious" (married eight years on May 20th).

27 if you carbon date me ^^

(if the results were higher I think I'd be worried.)

"But you can only carbon date inanimate matter"

It was a joke. A Joke I like to use. One that says "I'm older than I act most of
the time." A Joke. [Just that kinda day so far. Nothing to do with here.]

Eldrick Tobin, Master of Perversion

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 11:25:1323/04/2003
to
Scortia <sco...@charter.net> wrote:

Oh you were making plenty of sense and you know it ^-^v

sephigirl

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 13:57:4123/04/2003
to
Scortia <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message news:<3EA34D1F...@charter.net>...
> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
>
> 1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
> were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
> that character's reason...
>
I had to go look up my results from Slithy's SelectSmart Utena
character selector -

I was Akio! ^__^ then Mikage! then nanami (????) then Touga
bay-bee.


I may have to take that again just out of curiousity. But, it's like
Manipulator/Bad Boy to High Nerd to Bitch to Playboy. I'm like this
dangerous, sometimes naughty, nerd. o.O *sigh* I can see where they
have things in common but . . . it's much scary. Dios - I hope I'm
not like the common factors these four have.

OnsenMark

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 18:30:5123/04/2003
to
In article <nTlpa.37700$4P1.3...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"sephigirl" <seph...@yahoo.comluv> writes:

<snip>

>> if I went
>> there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for
>being
>> total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga... and
>then
>> we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the
>back
>> seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after
>Saionji,
>> Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of fanart.
>*_*
>>
>Green, blue, blue, pink - well, it's very Easter-y I must say. ^^ Spring -
>that special time of year when a young bishi's fancy turns to Scortia. ^__^

Hehe, yeah. And we missed the inevitable Easter lemon this year. ;_;

And you never got back to me re: the musical. ;_; *nowuv*

Mark. 8)
- proud member of the WGPS and the SDA!
-UtenaCode(1.1) U:6 F:Wa+++Ju++ D:Ak->Sh- X:*** a:39++ M:f ZUM(w/Banyuu
Inryoku)
"BE HAPPY FOR ME AND MY SHOE. O_O" - Verthandi

OnsenMark

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 18:30:5023/04/2003
to
In article <3EA34D1F...@charter.net>, Scortia <sco...@charter.net>
writes:

> Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P Anyway...
>

I guess. *shrug*

>1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
>were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
>that character's reason...
>

I dunno. Probably just J. Random Student. ^^;

>2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?
>

Touga and Akio: Sorry, Katherine -- bishounen or not, they're still scumbags.
-_-

>3. What are your dueling/rosebride colors? :P
>

Black, bay-bee. >D

>4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
>assume he can be :), or Shiori?
>

Not Ruka. And I don't know if Shiori *really* swings that way, so I'd have to
go with Miki.

>5. Who is more in control in your perception of the series: Anthy or
>Akio?
>

I'd say Anthy more than Akio, if only subconsciously.

>6. Do you think that Saionji was being honest with Wakaba or just
>flat-out using her for free room and board?
>

I'd like to think the former, but you never know.

>7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?
>

Iraqi Minister of Information: No trees tipped over in the dueling forest. And
the infidel Americans are *not* in Baghdad,

Sorry. Couldn't resist. ^^;

>8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
>so, to do what and for how long?
>

Yes, but only long enough to mack on Juri and Wakaba, smack Saionji upside the
head for treating Wakaba like poo, send Nanami to a therapist, set Touga on
fire, and kick Akio's teeth in. Then Chu-chu and I would hit the local Cici's,
where we'd try to eat each other under the table.

I'm kidding on the pizza thing. ^^;

mi...@winternet.com

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 19:01:3823/04/2003
to
Scortia wrote:
>
> sephigirl wrote:
>
> > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > news:3EA56541...@charter.net...
> > >
>
> <snippity>
>
> > I was a horrible psych student (I liked Jung but that was all) - but my
> > dream is to someday end up back in Human Resources & help folks find their
> > potential. I have a soft spot for good people with broken dreams and hearts
> > who just need a little love and support to be the special person they really
> > are. Then when they're really happy - I really *crush* them. ^__^ Joking,
> > joking!!!
> >
>
> <makes a note never to piss Katherine off ^^;;>

Thought you already knew this...

>
> >
> > > if I went
> > > there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for
> > being
> > > total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga... and
> > then
> > > we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the
> > back
> > > seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after
> > Saionji,
> > > Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of fanart.
> > *_*
> > >
> > Green, blue, blue, pink - well, it's very Easter-y I must say. ^^ Spring -
> > that special time of year when a young bishi's fancy turns to Scortia. ^__^
>
> *_* Don't crush my dreams. ;_; Sadly, I'm rather sure that when I cosplay I'll
> only get the fancy of the ladies, since I shall be the bishounen. ^^;; I'd love
> to find a real-life Saionji or something along those lines. I love
> misunderstood assholes. I suppose I really love people who need a little love
> and listening too. ^.^

I guess it's a safe bet then that you and Katherine won't be clashing
over the same man. Unless it's a Mikage clone.

>
> >
> > > >
> > > > Now, I shall creep back to my shadows. Thanks Scortia - that was fun!
> > >
> > > *bows*
> > >
> > See? This is why I'm trying to stay away! I am supposed to be re-working
> > my query letter to the publisher and what am I doing? Having a hell of a
> > lot of fun with your poll!
>
> All a part of my eeeevil plan. ^o^ Publisher? If you have writer connections
> I'm gonna steal them... gotta finish my novel and short stories first though.
> ^^ Yeah, I have a huge ass painting just waiting in my room, all full of fumes
> and in need of being finished too. ^^;;

Which is a major reason why most of my work is done digitally these
days. I love oils, but even with the water-based oil paints, they can't
compare to digital for convenience and lack of clean-up. Add the fact
that I've learned to manipulate Painter so that I can produce works that
look an awful lot like they'd look if I used oils on canvas. I'm working
on a portrait of an RPG character right now. I'm sure the requester will
let me include the finished work at my web site too.

Scole

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 19:33:4923/04/2003
to
Scortia <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message news:<3EA5DE09...@charter.net>...
I'm not sure that Ruka's was just trying to shake Juri's obsession
though that was probably part of his movie. It seemed to me as if he
was using Shiori to get at Juri to be able to use her soul sword to
fight Utena. If Ruka really had a pure unselfish love for Juri, he
would have stayed away from Shiori as she asked him to. It seems to
me he got a letter from Akio telling him about Juri and Shiori and
partly out of jealousy (I have no doubt that he at least wanted Juri)
and partly for the miracle power (to cure his illness he came back to
duel. Akio kept Shiori around to be used as a tool to get at Juri.
Mikage admits as in the Black Rose saga.

As to Juri's sexual orientation, there's no way to know for sure but
I'd say that she's gay. My main criteria for thinking that is that
during the series she only showed an attraction towards 2 people:
Shiori and Utena. I got the feeling that Ruka was attracted to Juri
but no the other way around even in the flashbacks.

sah

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 20:21:2723/04/2003
to
Ben <bens...@wi.rrNOSPAM.com> wrote:
>Which reminds me, just out of curiosity, is anyone else here much past
>their teens? For the record, I'll be 32 in July. And yes, I really
>am "just curious" (married eight years on May 20th).

38 in June.

--sah

romana at mindspring dot com
http://www.cybertardis.com

sephigirl

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 21:47:1923/04/2003
to
"OnsenMark" <locu...@aol.combatrock> wrote in message
news:20030423183050...@mb-m12.aol.com...

> In article <3EA34D1F...@charter.net>, Scortia <sco...@charter.net>
> writes:
>
<snip>

> >2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?
> >
>
> Touga and Akio: Sorry, Katherine -- bishounen or not, they're still
scumbags.
> -_-
>
They posess incredible inner nobility - they don't need to wear it on their
breasts, which are so beautiful and smooth, and oh so drooly . . . um
where was I?

<snip>


> Then Chu-chu and I would hit the local Cici's,
> where we'd try to eat each other under the table.
>

And *that* my sweet Mark is your Easter lemon (read it a different way
~___^)

sephigirl

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 22:00:2123/04/2003
to
"Death Quaker" <death...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:d5fd9b46.0304...@posting.google.com...

> *crawls out from underneath her huge pile of still-unfinished Web site
> updates* What have we here?

see? see? It's like the call of the Lorelei!!


>
> Scortia <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
news:<3EA34D1F...@charter.net>...
> > Can I be deemed the poll goddess? :P
>
> Yes! Except your powers are so great that not only have you lured cool
> people like Katherine into the joy of answering your polls, despite
> the vast time-suck powers of AFU, you have lured the likes of _me_ as
> well... ^-^

*poses, hair fluffs prettily* I'm cool? Oh, wait, self-assured smirk in
place. I'm cool. Wow, that made my day. Thank you. *pat pat* I empathize
with the luring . . .


>
> > 1. Which character do you identify with the most?... such as, if you
> > were being kept at Ohtori for some reason, it'd be pretty similar to
> > that character's reason...
>
> Well, IF I were still the age of the Utena characters, probably Jury,
> as I did a good deal of brooding over a petite, sweet-but-manipulative
> young woman--and I was in total denial about the whole thing--and
> yeah, at that age, I'd definitely duel for her.

You know if we went with the "us at *that* age" - I would have been fully
Wakaba and Akio. Yes, it is scary. I always claim I'm Wakabakio when I was
in HS. Genki, virginal, romantic, manipulative, and very much a tease and
naughty. I smoked with the crowd and lunched with the drama kids.
>
>
<snip>

>And I've never in my life had the resources or personality type to be able
to aquire henchwenches of my own.

*teasing* Are you sounding wistful?

<snip>

> > 7. If a tree falls in the dueling forest, who tipped it over and how?
>
> Mitsuru. Yet another attempt to "endanger" his Nanami-sama.

LOLOLOLOL!! ROFLw/M(ikage) - your answer, and Alex's were my favorites.
Both were absolutely apropos.


>
> > 8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
> > so, to do what and for how long?
>
> Depends... are they hiring people with MAs in English, and what's the
> pay and benefits? ^^
>

Oh hell! You win. You have an MA in English? I worship you. *bow,
scrape, bow* I was only a Lit undergrad. Guess I'll go pack my bags and
move in with Mikage. oh, the suffering. ^^

sephigirl

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 22:08:2823/04/2003
to
"Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
news:3EA60523...@charter.net...

>
>
> sephigirl wrote:
>
> > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > news:3EA56541...@charter.net...
> > >
>
> <snippity>
>
> > I was a horrible psych student (I liked Jung but that was all) - but my
> > dream is to someday end up back in Human Resources & help folks find
their
> > potential. I have a soft spot for good people with broken dreams and
hearts
> > who just need a little love and support to be the special person they
really
> > are. Then when they're really happy - I really *crush* them. ^__^
Joking,
> > joking!!!
> >
>
> <makes a note never to piss Katherine off ^^;;>

As Laurie mentioned, thought you knew that. Oh, I'm fine. Just like
Touga - take me on a ride in a cool car, seduce me - I'm all good. ^___^

Saio would be a lot of work. Btw - my ex-friend Diane will be hitting
A-kon - exactly who should she look for?


> > > >
> > > > Now, I shall creep back to my shadows. Thanks Scortia - that was
fun!
> > >
> > > *bows*
> > >
> > See? This is why I'm trying to stay away! I am supposed to be
re-working
> > my query letter to the publisher and what am I doing? Having a hell of
a
> > lot of fun with your poll!
>
> All a part of my eeeevil plan. ^o^ Publisher? If you have writer
connections
> I'm gonna steal them... gotta finish my novel and short stories first
though.
> ^^ Yeah, I have a huge ass painting just waiting in my room, all full of
fumes
> and in need of being finished too. ^^;;
>

Just do it my friend. Make your book, your art, etc. your Saionji and, just
like Saio would expect, love it intensely above all things. ^__^ That's
what I had to do with this last book. Well, not Saionji but it had to
become my center. Plus, with all the bad news in my life - I *needed* to
write to get my mind off all the bad. Yeah, well, okay, just like I am with
theatre - I tend to be a tad intense. *tip toes away*

sephigirl

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 22:11:5423/04/2003
to
<mi...@winternet.com> wrote in message
news:3EA71B52...@winternet.com...

> Scortia wrote:
> >
> > sephigirl wrote:
> >
> > > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > > news:3EA56541...@charter.net...
> > > >
> >
> > <snippity>
> >
> > > I was a horrible psych student (I liked Jung but that was all) - but
my
> > > dream is to someday end up back in Human Resources & help folks find
their
> > > potential. I have a soft spot for good people with broken dreams and
hearts
> > > who just need a little love and support to be the special person they
really
> > > are. Then when they're really happy - I really *crush* them. ^__^
Joking,
> > > joking!!!
> > >
> >
> > <makes a note never to piss Katherine off ^^;;>
>
> Thought you already knew this...
>
Seriously! With the way Jiras and I have dueled sometime . . . But, see,
I *like* Scortia and she scares me too. ^o^ Scortia was in afu before me so
she gets the special, "don't mess with those that came before" treatment.
Not that it applies to Jiras . . .
Don't give him any ideas!!!!!!
> >
> > >
> > > > >
<snip> I'm working

> on a portrait of an RPG character right now. I'm sure the requester will
> let me include the finished work at my web site too.
>
I hope so too!!! Can I ask who?

sephigirl

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 22:14:5723/04/2003
to
"OnsenMark" <locu...@aol.combatrock> wrote in message
news:20030423183051...@mb-m12.aol.com...

> In article <nTlpa.37700$4P1.3...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> "sephigirl" <seph...@yahoo.comluv> writes:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> if I went
> >> there I'd start listening to some characters and yelling at others for
> >being
> >> total dumbasses. When it comes to sex, burst in on Akio and Touga...
and
> >then
> >> we go joy riding and pick up the rest of the guys... who all sit in the
> >back
> >> seat with me. Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after
> >Saionji,
> >> Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece of
fanart.
> >*_*
> >>
> >Green, blue, blue, pink - well, it's very Easter-y I must say. ^^
Spring -
> >that special time of year when a young bishi's fancy turns to Scortia.
^__^
>
> Hehe, yeah. And we missed the inevitable Easter lemon this year. ;_;
>
see my reply to your other post on this thread. ~__^

> And you never got back to me re: the musical. ;_; *nowuv*
>

Oh bay-bee - the kinda' love I could give you . . . *looks for the couch*
I know, I know. This is the first real sign of me coming out of the
shadows - is playing here on this thread. I have a few e-mails to take care
of. I'm still in semi-hiding from the world.

sephigirl

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 22:15:4823/04/2003
to
"Tak Loufer" <takl...@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20030421154301...@mb-m27.aol.com...
> >Subject: [POLL] Identification
> >From: Scortia sco...@charter.net
> >Date: 4/20/2003 8:45 PM Central Standard Time
> >Message-id: <3EA34D1F...@charter.net>
> >
<snip>

>8. Knowing what you know about Ohtori, would you want to stay there? If
> >so, to do what and for how long?
> >
>
> I'd stay there....forever probably. I don't like change. I'd be a
mysterious
> phantom like Mikage. Reading a microfische machine and have my own shady
> seminar.
>
I *like* you! ^__^

sephigirl

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 22:17:0223/04/2003
to
"Eldrick Tobin, Master of Perversion" <eld...@mindless.com> wrote in
message news:mp6bav4u4d4hhd0vc...@4ax.com...
> "David Paul" <dsp...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> >
>
> So welcome. Standard meeting with the Chairman waived considering what
you'd
> DO... so... don't bring a toy, and don't come by his place on Thursday.
>
>
Eld, my love, are you stealing my pick up lines?

mi...@winternet.com

unread,
23 Apr 2003, 23:26:1423/04/2003
to

Hm. I don't, as you were in AFU before me. But I can be scary too.

Oops! Sorry! I forgot he might take that seriously.

> > >
> > > >
> > > > > >
> <snip> I'm working
> > on a portrait of an RPG character right now. I'm sure the requester will
> > let me include the finished work at my web site too.
> >
> I hope so too!!! Can I ask who?
>

One of the owners of OekakiCentral. He gave me a great, detailed
description of the character. It's being lots of fun to work on. And I
get to try working for print, as he asked for something to become
hardcopy.

Adam Jones

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 02:41:1224/04/2003
to
In a futile gesture against entropy, Scortia wrote:
> Adam Jones wrote:
>> In a futile gesture against entropy, Scortia wrote:

>> > 4. Juri - who is best suited to be with her: Miki, Ruka (well, let's
>> > assume he can be :), or Shiori?

>> Assuming Juri were magically to become straight, I'd have to say Miki

> Even though Juri is in love with Shiori, I've never really


> felt that she's just necessarily a lesbian, end-of-story. I always found her
> love for Shiori as not genuine, but more cloudy and misunderstood... maybe
> because Juri was always in the lead, dominant, and intimidating to others.
> Anyway, in anime in general, I think it's always a bit difficult to label this
> person as gay and that one is straight... love is more a universal thing, it's
> just whoever you love

Well, isn't that almost entirely one of the major points of SKU? That
you can't choose who you love, and that you shouldn't be afraid of
finding out. (At least, that's a very significant part of the way /I/
interpret the ending. YMMV.)

Of course, it may just be that I've been hanging around the YuriCon
crowd for too long... ;)
--
Adam Jones (ad...@yggdrasl.demon.co.uk)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
.oO("JAVA ???????? Thank YOu ." )
PGP public key: http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/pubkey.asc
http://www.fanficrevolution.org/ - The Fanfic Revolution

Scortia

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 10:52:0524/04/2003
to

Scole wrote:

There's always at least 2 ways to view each character... I'm probably just taking the more
sympathetic view of Ruka, because your argument is sound as well. To me, he seemed like
someone who did totally get out of Ohtori mind and body (by means of the illness or
whatever) but wanted to pry Juri from her painful love for Shiori... and to do that
heeasily turned Shiori into his love slave to show Juri that Shiori would never want her,
and then hurt Shiori to show that she really is a pissy bitch afterall. (Yeah, I'm not
pro-Shiori at all)... I never got the feeling that he wanted to heal his illness... I
don't think he actually had a motive when he duelled aside from an excuse to dump Shiori.
After Juri loses it feels like he just wanted her to fight to break her free of Shiori,
win or lose... and when the locket shatters, Juri chooses to keep her pain instead and
Ruka just fades away again. *shrugs*

--Scortia

Scortia

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 10:54:5824/04/2003
to

sephigirl wrote:

> "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> news:3EA60523...@charter.net...
> >
> >
> > sephigirl wrote:
> >
> > > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > > news:3EA56541...@charter.net...
> > > >
> >
> > <snippity>
> >
> > > I was a horrible psych student (I liked Jung but that was all) - but my
> > > dream is to someday end up back in Human Resources & help folks find
> their
> > > potential. I have a soft spot for good people with broken dreams and
> hearts
> > > who just need a little love and support to be the special person they
> really
> > > are. Then when they're really happy - I really *crush* them. ^__^
> Joking,
> > > joking!!!
> > >
> >
> > <makes a note never to piss Katherine off ^^;;>
>
> As Laurie mentioned, thought you knew that. Oh, I'm fine. Just like
> Touga - take me on a ride in a cool car, seduce me - I'm all good. ^___^

Yeah... well... o.O

heh... Hatsuharu (we're doing a huuuuuge Furuba skit) or Konzen, Roushi (Houshin
Engi), or Sakura (Hyper Police)

>
> > > > >
> > > > > Now, I shall creep back to my shadows. Thanks Scortia - that was
> fun!
> > > >
> > > > *bows*
> > > >
> > > See? This is why I'm trying to stay away! I am supposed to be
> re-working
> > > my query letter to the publisher and what am I doing? Having a hell of
> a
> > > lot of fun with your poll!
> >
> > All a part of my eeeevil plan. ^o^ Publisher? If you have writer
> connections
> > I'm gonna steal them... gotta finish my novel and short stories first
> though.
> > ^^ Yeah, I have a huge ass painting just waiting in my room, all full of
> fumes
> > and in need of being finished too. ^^;;
> >
> Just do it my friend. Make your book, your art, etc. your Saionji and, just
> like Saio would expect, love it intensely above all things. ^__^ That's
> what I had to do with this last book. Well, not Saionji but it had to
> become my center. Plus, with all the bad news in my life - I *needed* to
> write to get my mind off all the bad. Yeah, well, okay, just like I am with
> theatre - I tend to be a tad intense. *tip toes away*

*pat pat*... so how much writing have you done? Where are your books
available? What sort of stuff do you write? I'm all interested now. *_*

-Scortia


Eldrick Tobin, Master of Perversion

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 17:57:5524/04/2003
to
"sephigirl" <seph...@yahoo.comluv> wrote:

>"Eldrick Tobin, Master of Perversion" <eld...@mindless.com> wrote in
>message news:mp6bav4u4d4hhd0vc...@4ax.com...
>> "David Paul" <dsp...@charter.net> wrote:
>>
>> >
>>
>> So welcome. Standard meeting with the Chairman waived considering what
>you'd
>> DO... so... don't bring a toy, and don't come by his place on Thursday.
>>
>>
>Eld, my love, are you stealing my pick up lines?

No Just welcoming. I'm just trying to fill in. Since you were on sabbatical. But
since he'd do unhappy things to your Chairman... I figured the opposite message
would be in order.

I'm more likely to invite someone to Henshin Dynamics than YOUR couch. So don't
worry ^^ Besides they're still free for you to try to pick up yet. Worry not ^^


/Henshin Dynamics... cause everyone should be able to be as many people as they
want *madness cackle* http://the-arc.net/main.html

OnsenMark

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 18:28:3824/04/2003
to
In article <BMHpa.37702$ey1.3...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"sephigirl" <seph...@yahoo.comluv> writes:

I did. It's still PAST wrong. x.x

>> And you never got back to me re: the musical. ;_; *nowuv*
>>
>Oh bay-bee - the kinda' love I could give you . . . *looks for the couch*
>I know, I know. This is the first real sign of me coming out of the
>shadows - is playing here on this thread. I have a few e-mails to take care
>of. I'm still in semi-hiding from the world.

K. Just wated to know. BTW, you don't have a Mac, do ya? Because then I could
burn MAD stuffs for you in return for yon musical. ^^;

OnsenMark

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 18:28:4124/04/2003
to
In article <HmHpa.37645$ey1.3...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"sephigirl" <seph...@yahoo.comluv> writes:

>"OnsenMark" <locu...@aol.combatrock> wrote in message
>news:20030423183050...@mb-m12.aol.com...
>> In article <3EA34D1F...@charter.net>, Scortia <sco...@charter.net>
>> writes:
>>
><snip>
>> >2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?
>> >
>>
>> Touga and Akio: Sorry, Katherine -- bishounen or not, they're still
>scumbags.
>> -_-
>>
>They posess incredible inner nobility - they don't need to wear it on their
>breasts, which are so beautiful and smooth, and oh so drooly . . . um
>where was I?
>

Fangirl. ~_O

><snip>
>> Then Chu-chu and I would hit the local Cici's,
>> where we'd try to eat each other under the table.
>>
>And *that* my sweet Mark is your Easter lemon (read it a different way
>~___^)
>

Oh, that is PAST wrong. XP

sephigirl

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 21:40:5024/04/2003
to
<mi...@winternet.com> wrote in message news:3EA75956...@winternet.com...

Oh I know - which is why I *never* mess with you. Hell, I get nervous when
I pick on Saionji . . . ^^;;;


>
> > > >
> > > > >
Akio and Touga are my eye candy, but I'm really after
> > > > > Saionji,
> > > > > > Miki, Ruka, and Mikage. *nosebleed* That would be a fun piece
of
> > fanart.
> > > > > *_*
> > > > > >
> > > > > Green, blue, blue, pink - well, it's very Easter-y I must say. ^^
> > Spring -
> > > > > that special time of year when a young bishi's fancy turns to
Scortia.
> > ^__^
> > > >
> > > > *_* Don't crush my dreams. ;_; Sadly, I'm rather sure that when I
> > cosplay I'll
> > > > only get the fancy of the ladies, since I shall be the bishounen.
^^;;
> > I'd love
> > > > to find a real-life Saionji or something along those lines. I love
> > > > misunderstood assholes. I suppose I really love people who need a
> > little love
> > > > and listening too. ^.^
> > >
> > > I guess it's a safe bet then that you and Katherine won't be clashing
> > > over the same man. Unless it's a Mikage clone.
> > >
> > Don't give him any ideas!!!!!!
>
> Oops! Sorry! I forgot he might take that seriously.

That's all I need when I return . . .


>
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > <snip> I'm working
> > > on a portrait of an RPG character right now. I'm sure the requester
will
> > > let me include the finished work at my web site too.
> > >
> > I hope so too!!! Can I ask who?
> >
>
> One of the owners of OekakiCentral. He gave me a great, detailed
> description of the character. It's being lots of fun to work on. And I
> get to try working for print, as he asked for something to become
> hardcopy.
>

And the character? Is it an original character you're creating? Male or
female? Yeah, I can wait 'n' see if you can put them up on your site if I
have to.

mi...@winternet.com

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 22:03:3724/04/2003
to
sephigirl wrote:
>
> <mi...@winternet.com> wrote in message news:3EA75956...@winternet.com...
> > sephigirl wrote:
> > >
> > > <mi...@winternet.com> wrote in message
> > > news:3EA71B52...@winternet.com...
> > > > Scortia wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > sephigirl wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > "Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
> > > > > > news:3EA56541...@charter.net...
> > > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > <snippity>
> > > > >
> > > > > Then when they're really happy - I really *crush* them.
> > > > > ^__^ Joking, joking!!!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > <makes a note never to piss Katherine off ^^;;>
> > > >
> > > > Thought you already knew this...
> > > >
> > > Seriously! With the way Jiras and I have dueled sometime . . . But,
> see,
> > > I *like* Scortia and she scares me too. ^o^ Scortia was in afu before
> me so
> > > she gets the special, "don't mess with those that came before"
> treatment.
> > > Not that it applies to Jiras . . .
> >
> > Hm. I don't, as you were in AFU before me. But I can be scary too.
>
> Oh I know - which is why I *never* mess with you. Hell, I get nervous when
> I pick on Saionji . . . ^^;;;

Why do you think he behaves so well for me? Heh, heh.

> >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > *_* Don't crush my dreams. ;_; Sadly, I'm rather sure that when I
> > > > > cosplay I'll
> > > > > only get the fancy of the ladies, since I shall be the bishounen.
> > > > > ^^;;
> > > > > I'd love
> > > > > to find a real-life Saionji or something along those lines. I love
> > > > > misunderstood assholes. I suppose I really love people who need a
> > > > > little love and listening too. ^.^
> > > >
> > > > I guess it's a safe bet then that you and Katherine won't be clashing
> > > > over the same man. Unless it's a Mikage clone.
> > > >
> > > Don't give him any ideas!!!!!!
> >
> > Oops! Sorry! I forgot he might take that seriously.
>
> That's all I need when I return . . .

Yeah, I remember what happened the last time he did it. Ooops! I just
remembered something. I was so anxious to get Saionji home after he got
put back together that I neglected to dismantle Mikage's equipment. Did
you clean up after we left? If he's been feeling lonely ...

> >
> > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > <snip> I'm working
> > > > on a portrait of an RPG character right now. I'm sure the requester
> > > > will let me include the finished work at my web site too.
> > > >
> > > I hope so too!!! Can I ask who?
> > >
> >
> > One of the owners of OekakiCentral. He gave me a great, detailed
> > description of the character. It's being lots of fun to work on. And I
> > get to try working for print, as he asked for something to become
> > hardcopy.
> >
> And the character? Is it an original character you're creating? Male or
> female? Yeah, I can wait 'n' see if you can put them up on your site if I
> have to.
>

Oh, it's his character, a warrior he's been playing in D&D for a number
of years. Being very successful in his field, the warrior has acquired a
beautiful suit of plate armor, and a glowing magical sword. The rest of
the details I better leave until the owner gives me leave to post the
picture. But you can see just from this where there's a lot of fun stuff
to paint.

sephigirl

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 22:12:1624/04/2003
to
"Scortia" <sco...@charter.net> wrote in message
news:3EA7FAC2...@charter.net...
Oh, I meant to add - have Akio take me on a ride in a cool car . . . heh
#^^#

> >
> > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > All a part of my eeeevil plan. ^o^ Publisher? If you have writer
> > connections
> > > I'm gonna steal them... gotta finish my novel and short stories first
> > though.
> > > ^^ Yeah, I have a huge ass painting just waiting in my room, all full
of
> > fumes
> > > and in need of being finished too. ^^;;
> > >
> > Just do it my friend. Make your book, your art, etc. your Saionji and,
just
> > like Saio would expect, love it intensely above all things. ^__^
That's
> > what I had to do with this last book. Well, not Saionji but it had to
> > become my center. Plus, with all the bad news in my life - I *needed*
to
> > write to get my mind off all the bad. Yeah, well, okay, just like I am
with
> > theatre - I tend to be a tad intense. *tip toes away*
>
> *pat pat*... so how much writing have you done? Where are your books
> available? What sort of stuff do you write? I'm all interested now. *_*
>
:( Not published yet. I'm in that "trying to get published" mode right
now. And I've not been very aggressive about it yet. So, need to get my
act together. I'm looking forward to collecting my first set of rejection
letters! ^__^ But I've finished a 500 pg novel set in ancient Rome during
the reign of Tiberius (never again will I do a historical - all that damned
research). This one I just did was an all out fluff romance set in 1980's
Germany. And I'm starting a romance/fantasy. But - all my books have
anime, and most especially, Utena references (even the ancient Rome one)
^__^

Btw Scortia - thanks to you writing La-Li-Ho on the Gravitation disc it
stuck in my head! I finally put that up as my screen saver on my work
computer! I watched an episode every lunch period at work - finally! I've
seen it all!

sephigirl

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 22:16:4124/04/2003
to
"OnsenMark" <locu...@aol.combatrock> wrote in message
news:20030424182841...@mb-m23.aol.com...

> In article <HmHpa.37645$ey1.3...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> "sephigirl" <seph...@yahoo.comluv> writes:
>
> >"OnsenMark" <locu...@aol.combatrock> wrote in message
> >news:20030423183050...@mb-m12.aol.com...
> >> In article <3EA34D1F...@charter.net>, Scortia
<sco...@charter.net>
> >> writes:
> >>
> ><snip>
> >> >2. On that train of thought, who do you identify with the least?
> >> >
> >>
> >> Touga and Akio: Sorry, Katherine -- bishounen or not, they're still
> >scumbags.
> >> -_-
> >>
> >They posess incredible inner nobility - they don't need to wear it on
their
> >breasts, which are so beautiful and smooth, and oh so drooly . . . um
> >where was I?
> >
>
> Fangirl. ~_O

heh. You know - re-reading that - I really shouldn't use breasts when I'm
talking about guys . . . I meant that in an old fashioned sense but . . .


>
> ><snip>
> >> Then Chu-chu and I would hit the local Cici's,
> >> where we'd try to eat each other under the table.
> >>
> >And *that* my sweet Mark is your Easter lemon (read it a different way
> >~___^)
> >
>
> Oh, that is PAST wrong. XP
>

*snicker* Yes. Yes it is.

mi...@winternet.com

unread,
24 Apr 2003, 22:22:1724/04/2003