best provider for text & binaries?

yan

Mar 23, 2021, 10:41:30 AM3/23/21
something with a long retention and reasonable (for one person) download
rates

dunno

Mar 25, 2021, 10:25:15 AM3/25/21
yan <an...@mou.se> wrote:
> something with a long retention
Not a lot of choice here if you’re looking for a Tier 1 provider with its
own backbone.

Michael P. O'Connor

Apr 12, 2021, 4:21:17 PM4/12/21
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:41:27 +0000, yan wrote:

> something with a long retention and reasonable (for one person) download
> rates

I have been using blocknews for now. Recently found them when I decided
to get back into usenet. The main thing on it they claim 4k+ day
retention, but you don't pay monthly you pay by the gigabyte. So far I
have been happy with them. But I only been using them for 2 or so months
now, so take it with that grain of salt.

alien

May 24, 2021, 3:48:59 PM5/24/21
On 23/03/21 15.41, yan wrote:
> something with a long retention and reasonable (for one person) download
> rates

In my opinions there is not best provider, every one of their own caveat.

At least use 2 usenet providers with different backbone to make sure the
completeness of the articles for binaries.

Specifically for text, you should avoid Newsdemon at least for now,
until they sort out the problems.

I am notice since newsdemon move their backbone to Usenet Express, the
usenet for text is not so "update", some post is missing even though
with newshosting the post is appear.
Maybe it is because their spam filter or something.

That's why currently I am post using my newshosting account instead with
my newsdemon account.

I hope you will find the usenet provider can meet you requirement.
--
-alien-
~ Work like you don't need the money. ~