Re: Ted Kaczynski, 'Unabomber' Who Attacked Modern Life, Dies at 81

Hunter

Jun 10, 2023, 4:24:25 PM6/10/23
On 10 Jun 2023, Biased Journalism <bia...@nowhere.invalid> posted some
news:R43hM.33048$hl93....@fx18.iad:

> [...]
> goal of bringing about the collapse of the modern social order - a
> violent spree that ended after what was often described as the longest
> and most costly manhunt in American history - died on Saturday in a
> federal prison medical center in Butner, N.C. He was 81.
>
> A spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons said Mr. Kaczynski was
> found unresponsive in his cell early in the morning. The cause of
> death was not immediately known.
>
> Mr. Kaczynski traced a path that was singular in American life: lonely
> boy genius to Harvard-trained star of pure mathematics to rural
> recluse to notorious murderer to imprisoned extremist.
>
> In the public eye, he fused a rare mix of styles of violence: the
> periodic targeting of the demented serial killer and the ideological
> fanaticism of the terrorist.
>
> After he was captured by about 40 F.B.I. agents, the details of that
> ideology were less the subject of debate than the question of whether
> his crimes should be dignified with a rational motive to begin with.
>
> Victims railed against commentators who took seriously a 35,000-word
> manifesto that Mr. Kaczynski wrote to justify his actions and
> evangelize the ideas that he claimed inspired them.
>
> Psychologists involved in the trial saw his writing as evidence of
> schizophrenia. His lawyers tried to mounted an insanity defense - and
> when Mr. Kaczynski rebelled and sought to represent himself in court,
> risking execution to do so, his lawyers said that was yet further
> evidence of insanity.
>
> For years before the manifesto was published, Mr. Kaczynski
> (pronounced kah-ZIN-skee) had no reputation beyond that of a twisted
> reveler in violence, picking victims seemingly at random, known only
> by a mysterious-sounding nickname with roots in the F.B.I.'s
> investigation into him: "the Unabomber." It became widely publicized
> that some of his victims lost their fingers while opening a package
> bomb. Going through the mail, among the unconscious routines of daily
> life, prompted flickers of nervousness in many Americans.
>
> After his arrest in April 1996, Mr. Kaczynski's extraordinary
> biography emerged. He had scored 167 on an I.Q. test as a boy and
> entered Harvard at 16. In graduate school, at the University of
> Michigan, he worked in a field of mathematics so esoteric that a
> member of his dissertation committee estimated that only 10 or 12
> people in the country understood it. By 25, he was an associate
> professor at the University of California, Berkeley.
>
> Then he dropped out - not just from Berkeley, but from civilization.
> Starting in 1971 and continuing until his arrest, he lived in a shack
> he built himself in rural Montana. He forsook running water, read by
> the light of homemade candles, stopped filing federal tax returns and
> subsisted on rabbits.
>
> A complete obituary will appear shortly.
>
> Alex Traub works on the Obituaries desk and occasionally reports on

Interested group added.

Too bad we didn't get Ted started on Democrat politicians.

Siri Cruise

Jun 10, 2023, 5:21:46 PM6/10/23
Hunter wrote:
> Interested group added.
>
> Too bad we didn't get Ted started on Democrat politicians.

I have second hand knowledge of some he attacked like David
Gelernter. It's a bit personal to me. I'm glad he was stopped.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

connie rahim

Jun 12, 2023, 6:41:06 AM6/12/23
Nobody is reading this newsgroup! It used to be busy!!!!!!