Queen Elizabeth and the Rohirrim

Louis Epstein

Nov 14, 2021, 4:37:09 PM11/14/21
Normally I post under this subject on anniversaries of the
birth and accession of Queen Elizabeth II (still the only
British monarch under whom TLotR has been in print and now
older and longer-reigning than any monarch of Rohan but
Aldor the Old) but today I write on the birthday of the
Prince of Wales,who is 73 and not king yet (of course we
hope the Queen recovers from her current illness).

Only Frea,son of Aldor,acceded at a greater age than the
Prince.

Kings Gram and Folcwine died at 73.

Eorl,Brego,Helm,Frealaf,Walda,Folca,and Theoden died younger
than the Prince.

In the next two years he overtakes Deor and Thengel.

-=-=-