Re: Tolkien's Main Theme in LotR

Philip Dudt

Jun 5, 2021, 11:59:21 AM6/5/21
On Friday, June 21, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Manzares wrote:
> I would love for all to open up a running debate on what was the main
> theme of LotR. I say power; I'll write my reasons later. Anyone
> with/against me? Post it!

I'm probably opening up an old thread that nobody wants to read, but anyways... As far as a major theme in LOTR, I believe it's perseverance. This is largely due to Frodo's conviction to continue alone to Mount Doom. The rest of the Fellowship had faith that he would accomplish the task. It's the vision that Tolkien had for his books that made them unique, along with his writing style. Amazon is making a tv show on Middle Earth, and will be putting sex scenes in it, which are against Tolkien's beliefs. I have started a group on Facebook to advocate for a clean Middle Earth show. Please join the group and share it with your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/keepmiddlearthclean

Philip

Michael F. Stemper

Jun 5, 2021, 12:07:06 PM6/5/21
On 05/06/2021 10.59, Philip Dudt wrote:
> On Friday, June 21, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Manzares wrote:
>> I would love for all to open up a running debate on what was the main
>> theme of LotR. I say power; I'll write my reasons later. Anyone
>> with/against me? Post it!
>
> I'm probably opening up an old thread that nobody wants to read, but anyways

If you'd waited a few more days, it would have been a quarter century
old.

> Amazon is making a tv show on Middle Earth, and will be putting sex scenes in it,

Sam will kill him if he tries anything!

--
Michael F. Stemper
87.3% of all statistics are made up by the person giving them.