Re: Food truck owner stabbed to death, Florida cops say. He was about to open new restaurant

Thank Mayorkas

Feb 14, 2024, 1:25:22 AMFeb 14
On 01 Aug 2021, Byker <byk...@gmail.com> posted some
news:se750h$9eu$2...@news.dns-netz.com:

> Who needs guns when niggers and spics are running loose with knives?

A community is mourning after a beloved food truck owner and father of
three was killed in a knife attack behind a CVS in Florida, according to
police and online tributes.

On Feb. 9, 42-year-old Michael Ledford was found with a stab wound in his
truck parked in a store plaza, according to a Feb. 12 release from the
Niceville Police Department.

He was taken to the hospital where he died, police said.

As officers were “processing the crime scene,” the department got a call
from a woman who said her son “told her he had possibly hurt someone,”
police said.

Officers found her son, 24-year-old Dylan Deschaine, locked in the
bathroom of a Cumberland Farms gas station, according to the release, and
they spoke with him until he came out of the bathroom on his own.

Police said Deschaine had injuries on his hands, and he was taken into
custody.

Sgt. Horace Pain said Deschaine was charged with two counts of battery on
a law enforcement officer at the time for spitting in the mouths of two
officers apprehending him, WEAR reported.

“However, other charges are pending, I am working with the State Attorney
as reference for this homicide investigation,” Pain told the outlet.

A possible motive for the attack was not released by police.

Ledford was the owner and operator of the My Ohana food truck which
circulated northwest Florida with “a variety of pan-asian style cuisine,”
according to its Facebook page.

A local brewery Ledford frequented with his truck, 3rd Planet Brewing,
said Ledford “had a personality that could fill whatever room he was in.”

“His humor, generosity, thoughtfulness, and passion for food as a means to
make others smile will all be sorely missed,” brewery staff said. “A guy
like Mike can never be replaced — but if we all could channel a fraction
of Mike’s passion into our daily lives, the world would be a better place
for it.”

Ledford, nicknamed “Sushi Mike,” was “weeks shy” of opening his first
restaurant to be named Post 20, according to a GoFundMe started by Kathryn
Kenner DeCoux.

“Small business owners pour their heart, soul and savings into their
businesses. That was no different for the Ledford’s,” DeCoux wrote.

Ledford leaves behind a wife and three children, DeCoux said.

Community members and friends shared condolences and memories of Ledford
in the comment section of 3rd Planet Brewing’s Facebook post.

Charles McKenzie shared a photo inside the My Ohana food truck with the
caption, “Enjoyed our times together.”

“RR Smokers BBQ is heartbroken over this loss. This man was an amazing
mentor to us and he truly will be missed. His amazing personality, genuine
kindness and presence is rare to find these days,” Charlene Mitchell
wrote.

“My boys of course wanted one of his Funko Pops off the food truck. I was
getting mad at them like ‘Don’t make Sushi Mike give you one of his toys…’
and of course, he gave them the one they wanted,” Mariam Mekhail Paulino
wrote. “He really was everyone’s friend. We will miss him as well as so
many people in this community.”

Niceville is about 150 miles west of Tallahassee.

https://news.yahoo.com/food-truck-owner-stabbed-death-200835434.html