When your reputation becomes untenable, don't quit; just change your name and keep on trucking ...(part 1,2)

1 view

Crickets

Dec 14, 2011, 9:00:10 AM12/14/11

================ Part 1 ====================

Blackwater changed name to Paravant to receive Raytheon contract
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/2/25/headlines/blackwater_changed_na...

The private military firm "Xe" - formerly known as "Blackwater" - came
under scrutiny Wednesday at a congressional hearing on its operations
in Afghanistan. The Senate Armed Services Committee heard testimony
the military giant Raytheon asked Blackwater to come up with a
different name so it could be awarded a subcontract without stirring
controversy. Blackwater created the subsidiary “Paravant” as a result.

Al-Qaeda changed name to Hezb-e-Islami to set peace terms for Karzai
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/afghanistan/article707177...

"Hezb-e-Islami" - formerly known as "al-Qaeda" - was founded as an
anti-Soviet militia in the 1980s, when it received US funding. It
later turned its guns on other Mujahidin groups in the civil war of
the 1990s. After pulling off 9-11, the organization split into a
legal political entity, which is the largest bloc in parliament, and a
militant wing loyal to Mr Hekmatyar, who has been in hiding ever
since.

Originals changed name to New Originals to avoid a lawsuit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_Spinal_Tap

"The New Originals" - formerly known as "The Originals" - was a band
started by childhood friends David St. Hubbins (Michael McKean) and
Nigel Tufnel (Christopher Guest) during the 1960s. Originally called
"The Originals", then "The New Originals" to distinguish themselves
from the existing group of the same name, they settled on the name
"The Thamesmen", finding success with their skiffle/R&B success,
"Gimme Some Money". They changed their name again to "Spinal Tap" and
enjoyed limited success with the flower power anthem, "Listen to the
Flower People."

================ Part 2 ===================

THE NAAAAAAAAAME GAME

Would a terrorist organization operating under color of law by any
other name smell like a rose? I don't know; ask Shirley.

Shirley Ellis - the name game - 1965
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MJLi5_dyn0

Obama Bomba Oh Momba Banana Panna Oh Manna Fe Fi Oh Momma - Trauma!

War Pig Obama's private goon squad changes it's name ... Again!
http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=28500&title=Blackwater-changes-name-again

WASHINGTON: The US security firm formerly known as Blackwater, which
was barred from Iraq over a deadly 2007 shooting, renamed itself a
second time Monday.

USTC Holdings, the investor consortium that acquired ex-Blackwater
firm Xe Services in December 2010, announced ACADEMI as the new name
and brand for Xe Services.

"We have had a year of extraordinary changes that have resulted in a
new, better company," ACADEMI president and chief executive Ted Wright
said in a statement.

"I know that everyone at ACADEMI shares in this commitment to promote
the highest standards of ethical conduct, compliance and integrity in
all of our activities.

"We are already the best operationally. We are going to become the
best at governance," Wright said, adding "we still have much work to
do."

ACADEMI said it had trained more than 50,000 personnel and had
conducted more than 60,000 protective security missions around the
globe during the last seven years.

Blackwater renamed itself Xe after Iraq announced in January 2009 that
it would not renew its operating licence due to a September 16, 2007
incident in which guards protecting a US diplomatic convoy opened fire
in Baghdad's busy Nisur Square, killing at least 14 civilians.

After that announcement, the US State Department did not renew its
contract with Blackwater for security services in Iraq. (AFP)

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Dec 18, 2011, 10:52:13 AM12/18/11

> it would not renew its operating licence due to a September 16, 2007
> incident in which guards protecting a US diplomatic convoy opened fire
> in Baghdad's busy Nisur Square, killing at least 14 civilians.

No doubt about it; the public appeal for war crimes is definitely
becoming more selective."

Or as they said on the personnel evaluations at Xe: "Great look, good
mercenary."

Citizen Chaz

Dec 21, 2011, 3:52:41 PM12/21/11
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:00:10 -0800 (PST), Crickets
<bongb...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>The private military firm "Xe" - formerly known as "Blackwater" - came
>under scrutiny Wednesday at a congressional hearing on its operations
>in Afghanistan.

In the topsy-turvey world of rock n roll, nothing quite beats having a
good, solid M16 with underslung grenade launcher in your hands.

- Citizen Chaz

Citizen Chaz

Dec 21, 2011, 4:00:07 PM12/21/11
<bongb...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>Blackwater renamed itself Xe after Iraq announced in January 2009 that
>it would not renew its operating licence due to a September 16, 2007
>incident in which guards protecting a US diplomatic convoy opened fire
>in Baghdad's busy Nisur Square, killing at least 14 civilians.

It didn't help when one of the Blackwater operatives, in debrief
claimed

"It’s like you become one with the guys in the crowd. I mean
there’s...there’s no division, you just...the gunfire
just unites people... with bullets."

- Citizen Chaz

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Dec 23, 2011, 7:23:02 AM12/23/11
> "It’s like you become one with the guys in the crowd. I mean
> there’s...there’s no division, you just...the gunfire
> just unites people... with bullets."

"The other thing is that the Afghanistan slaughter has been canceled.
I wouldn't worry about it--it's not a big innocent civilian country."

Dr. Strangemonde

Feb 2, 2012, 11:56:52 PM2/2/12
I thought when something was un-ten-able, you just made it go to
eleven?

- Dr Stragglehoof

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:00:10 -0800 (PST), Crickets
>"It’s like you become one with the guys in the crowd. I mean
>there’s...there’s no division, you just...the gunfire
>just unites people... with bullets."
>- Citizen Chaz

From Flaming Carrot Comics:

Dr. Heller: There's more crooks than we thought!
FC: Then fire more bullets!