Did I Misread This Headline?

Dr. Strangemonde

Feb 8, 2012, 11:48:58 PM2/8/12
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/queen-tap-american-idol-singer-adam-lambert-for-summer-tour/

Okay, I found the part about Queen and the part about the American
Idol dude -- but I can't find the part about Tap.

It's right there in the headline: "Queen, Tap, American Idol
Singer"... what am I missing? Is this some kind of censorship?!?

-- Dr Stratoplastercaster

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Feb 10, 2012, 8:06:52 AM2/10/12
> Okay, I found the part about Queen and the part about the American
> Idol dude -- but I can't find the part about Tap.
>
> It's right there in the headline: "Queen, Tap, American Idol
> Singer"... what am I missing? Is this some kind of censorship?!?

Maybe there's a problem with the arrangements backstage?

AndrewJ

Feb 10, 2012, 6:58:52 PM2/10/12
On Feb 8, 11:48 pm, "Dr. Strangemonde" <danc...@realtime.net> wrote:
> http://ultimateclassicrock.com/queen-tap-american-idol-singer-adam-la...
>
> Okay, I found the part about Queen and the part about the American
> Idol dude -- but I can't find the part about Tap.
>
> It's right there in the headline: "Queen, Tap, American Idol
> Singer"... what am I missing? Is this some kind of censorship?!?
>
>   -- Dr Stratoplastercaster

The article's message is: Love your brother.

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Feb 13, 2012, 12:24:20 PM2/13/12
> The article's message is: Love your brother.

They don't literally SAY that ...

AndrewJ

Feb 13, 2012, 5:17:28 PM2/13/12
On Feb 13, 12:24 pm, "Ken \"Stumpy\" Pepys" <kuzen...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > The article's message is: Love your brother.
>
> They don't literally SAY that ...

They don't literally MEAN that.

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Feb 15, 2012, 7:13:24 AM2/15/12
> > > The article's message is: Love your brother.
>
> > They don't literally SAY that ...
>
> They don't literally MEAN that.

But the message is clear.

Dr. Strangemonde

Feb 15, 2012, 2:13:17 PM2/15/12
Oh, certainly. I mean, it's pretty much as plain as black & white,
ennit? If you thought about "How much more black & white could it
be?", the answer would be "None more. NONE MORE BLACK & WHITE!!"
Right?

It's just another sad case of rock & roll history repeating itself (I
think they call that the "coda" or something...). Like when David
Bowie wrote that one song "Queen Bitch", It was OBVIOUS he was singing
about the top breeder in his pedigreed "Diamond Dogs" domestic animal
breeding operation -- and look where *that* got him! Even after the
controversy over the name led him to take the precaution of changing
the name of the company to "Cat People" instead, a bunch of thuggish,
ignorant hooligans wound up burning the whole enterprise down to the
ground -- with gasoline, no less!*

- Dr Stampede

*David still owns the property, BTW, but the new business there is a
pet "sematary" called "Ashes2Ashes" and it's not doing to well. For
one thing, he's not been able to establish much of a repeat customer
base!**

**I know all this because Mr. Bowie recently hired on a mutual friend
of ours with a real lust for life, who was signed on in the hopes that
he'd be able to hunt sales and drum up more revenue. I'm speaking of
course, of drummer Hunt Sales of "Lust For Life" fame (as opposed to
"Fame" that is). You can hear Sales' do some of his best musical work
with Bowie's band "Tin Machine" [1988-92] and my own group "Teenage
Hangups" [2001]) Only time will tell if Bowie's animal magnetism and
hot-dogging will be enough to keep "Ashes2Ashes" above ground long
enough for Hunt's catch-up attempt to get them out of the red.

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Feb 17, 2012, 7:24:23 AM2/17/12
> think they call that the "coda" or something...). Like when David
> Bowie wrote that one song "Queen Bitch", It was OBVIOUS he was singing
> about the top breeder in his pedigreed "Diamond Dogs" domestic animal
> breeding operation -- and look where *that* got him! Even after the

Elton John had a pop hit some years ago with "The bitch is back"--it
had never occurred to me previously that he was referring to a Shih-
tzu or Maltese he was trying to housetrain. But your message put it
all into perspective for me!

> "Fame" that is). You can hear Sales' do some of his best musical work
> with Bowie's band "Tin Machine" [1988-92] and my own group "Teenage
> Hangups" [2001])

Is that the one where there was a problem with the packaging?

Dr. Strangemonde

Feb 25, 2012, 2:56:26 AM2/25/12
On Feb 17, 6:24 am, "Ken \"Stumpy\" Pepys" <kuzen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is that the one where there was a problem with the packaging?

No -- you may be thinking of THIS legendary "doggie-don't"*, which I
believe may actually be the precursor to both "Smell The Glove" AND
"Bitch School":

http://censorshipinamerica.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/david-bowie-diamond-dogs-11.jpg

"The sleeve of this 1974 album features a stylish painting by Belgian
artist
Guy Peelleart, a somewhat freakish representation of Bowie as a half-
man/
half-dog creature. An ANATOMICALLY CORRECT one by the way, to which
RCA Records immediately took exception by withdrawing the LPs and
ordering
the artwork to be reproduced with the canine genitalia airbrushed
out."

*Unless I'm completely barking up the wrong stump and you're referring
to the debacle that occurred when Polymer Records sent out actual
sandwiches to the press when attempting to promote Tap's "Shark
Sandwich". ("It was an epic promotion," wrote Peter Occhiogrosso in
Entertainment Weekly, "which proved to be a 'real smash**!'")

**Italics mine... or at least they would be if I knew how to use
italics in the newsgroups.

Citizen Chaz

Feb 27, 2012, 2:02:34 PM2/27/12
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:56:26 -0800 (PST), "Dr. Strangemonde"
<dan...@realtime.net> wrote:

>**Italics mine... or at least they would be if I knew how to use
>italics in the newsgroups.

You can't do newsgroups in italics. It's like saying you're using the
wrong kind of conditioner for your hair; it looks kind of frizzy.

- Citizen Chaz

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Feb 28, 2012, 8:40:33 AM2/28/12
> "The sleeve of this 1974 album features a stylish painting by Belgian
> artist
> Guy Peelleart, a somewhat freakish representation of Bowie as a half-
> man/
> half-dog creature. An ANATOMICALLY CORRECT one by the way, to

You should have seen the cover they originally wanted!

> RCA Records immediately took exception by withdrawing the LPs and
> ordering
> the artwork to be reproduced with the canine genitalia airbrushed

If the company is behind the album it can shove it right down their
throats!

> to the debacle that occurred when Polymer Records sent out actual
> sandwiches to the press when attempting to promote Tap's "Shark
> Sandwich". ("It was an epic promotion," wrote Peter Occhiogrosso in

Sounds like one of Artie's ideas. He's got no timing.

Citizen Chaz

Mar 10, 2012, 2:22:43 AM3/10/12
On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 05:40:33 -0800 (PST), "Ken \"Stumpy\" Pepys"
<kuze...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> "The sleeve of this 1974 album features a stylish painting by Belgian
>> artist
>> Guy Peelleart, a somewhat freakish representation of Bowie as a half-
>> man/
>> half-dog creature. An ANATOMICALLY CORRECT one by the way, to
>
>You should have seen the cover they originally wanted!

What's wrong with being sexy?

>> RCA Records immediately took exception by withdrawing the LPs and
>> ordering
>> the artwork to be reproduced with the canine genitalia airbrushed
>
>If the company is behind the album it can shove it right down their
>throats!

Every track on that album is a hit!

>> to the debacle that occurred when Polymer Records sent out actual
>> sandwiches to the press when attempting to promote Tap's "Shark
>> Sandwich". ("It was an epic promotion," wrote Peter Occhiogrosso in
>
>Sounds like one of Artie's ideas. He's got no timing.

Sombody needs to kick his ass.

- Citizen Chaz