Selective Appeal

Citizen Chaz

Mar 21, 2013, 7:40:19 PM3/21/13
Not sure if it's my news host or if the groups appeal is becoming more
selective but no one seems to have posted here since December?

You might at least have turned the light off on your way out.

- Citizen Chaz

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Apr 25, 2013, 12:30:25 PM4/25/13
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:40:19 PM UTC-4, Citizen Chaz wrote:
> Not sure if it's my news host or if the groups appeal is becoming more
> selective but no one seems to have posted here since December?

Sorry. I was in the lobby waiting for the limo.

Did you see the bit in the news about the job opening?
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/help-wanted-stonehenge-general-manager-6C9546595

Stonehenge, built around 2,500 B.C. in Wiltshire, England, is seeking a general manager for the first time to run operations as the facility expands with a new visitor center and galleries and the noisy expressway nearby moves farther away.

"We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational person to welcome the million plus visitors to Stonehenge each year including the tens of thousands who celebrate the sun-rise there every Summer Solstice," Tim Reeve, English Heritage's Historic Properties Director, said in a notice posted on the Stonehenge website.

Stonehenge has had an on-site manager before, but the new position will expand responsibilities as the staff will nearly double in size to 80, plus 100 additional volunteers, a spokesman for English Heritage said. The new facilities at the World Heritage site are expected to help attract up to 1.25 million visitors annually within ...

To which I say: I don't know ... what are the hours?

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Apr 25, 2013, 12:31:08 PM4/25/13
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:40:19 PM UTC-4, Citizen Chaz wrote:
> Not sure if it's my news host or if the groups appeal is becoming more
> selective but no one seems to have posted here since December?

Stonehenge is really the best production values the Druids ever had.

Citizen Chaz

Jun 10, 2013, 6:01:18 PM6/10/13
I'd better go buy a new cricket bat.

--

Citizen Chaz

Ferdehammer

Jun 16, 2013, 1:20:49 PM6/16/13
You'll probably be expected to work from nine hundred to eighteen hundred hours. So that's what... 50 hours? I'm not sure.
But it's a certainly an interesting job to welcome a million people personally each year. And to make sure the monument doesn't get crushed by dwarves, of course.

-Ferdehammer (peeking out of the "Where are they now?" file)

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Jul 25, 2013, 7:27:28 PM7/25/13
On Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:20:49 PM UTC-4, Ferdehammer wrote:

> You'll probably be expected to work from nine hundred to eighteen hundred hours. So that's what... 50 hours? I'm not sure.

Think of it as a way to fight the drabs.

ive...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2013, 7:35:41 AM11/4/13

Does this mean that the popularity of this newsgroup is waning?

Svein I.

Citizen Chaz

Jan 17, 2015, 6:24:41 PM1/17/15
No, no, not at all...

Think of it has a gift. You now have all this free time on your hands to do
those projects you wanted to do.

CitizenChaz
(I've been sitting in the lobby waiting for the limo - unfortunately it was
the wrong lobby)

wrote in message