HELP ME, NIGEL!!!

dan...@realtime.net

Sep 8, 2012, 10:55:41 AM9/8/12
A curious thought entered my head recently (I suppose it would be my head that was curious, rather than the thought, but nevertheless...) The first thought that hit me (apart from the one I was already having, which I should probably re-emphasize is the important one) was that Nigel Tufnel might be the only person on earth capable of addressing the enormity of gravitas held within my original thought. Or question, actually. My original question.

Which is this:

If you have 8 cowboys, and they decide to have a "round-up", do you then actually have TEN cowboys?

For the moment, I was hoping we could set aside the philosophical side of the issue, ie: can a person be truly said to "own" a cowboy, or even a small group of them, as it were. No, it's the mathematecal portion of the equation I was seeking to address. (Or maybe its phone number would be sufficient to settle the matter, I don't know. That's why it's a QUESTION and not an ANSWER, innit?)

So, is anyone here qualified to answer for Mister Professor Tufnel?

- Dr Stumped

Ken "Stumpy" Pepys

Sep 8, 2012, 4:53:43 PM9/8/12
On Sep 8, 10:55 am, danc...@realtime.net wrote:

> If you have 8 cowboys, and they decide to have a "round-up", do you then actually have TEN cowboys?

I'd rather have *eleven* cowboys. That would be one more, wouldn't
it?

Citizen Chaz

Sep 12, 2012, 6:22:47 PM9/12/12
Don't look at me, I'm not exactly university material. I might fancy being a
cowboy though, what are the hours?

- Citizen Chaz

wrote in message