Sonic Underground

Cyan Helkaraxe

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
>I remember somebody on this newsgroup once mentioned the fact that at
>times Jaleel's voice sounded like it had been spead up. At first I
>thought he must have been in error, since everything seemed fine with
>Sonic's voice, but then a couple of times throughout the show, I could
>tell that it had indeed been spead up. Why? I'm not sure. You'd think
>they could just have him re-act certain parts if he dropped his voice
>too low, but who knows.

Hmmm... It has been 6 years since he last did a Sonic cartoon...his voice
will undoubtedly have changed to some extent over that time.

>I guess I'm just rambling, but I guess I wanted to say that although
>Sonic Underground recaptured some of the magic from the Sat. AM TV show,
>and some people may say it's a better show (maybe it is, I don't know),
>it will never be able to replace the spot in my heart that was, is now,
>and always will be reserved for Sat. AM.

Nothing will ever replace SatAM. That was a moment in history which will
never be repeated, even if they did decide now to make the third season a
reality -- they'd never be able to *quite* recreate the same atmosphere
nowadays.
However, Sonic Underground is a good show, and it is much better than having
no Sonic cartoons at all, or re-runs of AoStH.
Unfortunately, there are some really bad episodes of Sonic Underground, but
thankfully the good ones are plentiful.

--
_____________________________________
Cyan Helkaraxe

Hi

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
I have to say, yesterdays eposide was crap, compared to what was on today. I
cant wait for part 2 of todays eposide with knux....

-sonicblur

/ Macul...@aol.com \
==========================
* Visit Sonic Metropolis at: *
* http://metrosonic.8m.com *
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
"Come on Chaos, Lets get some
more Emeralds Shall We?"

Benjamin Hurst

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
Cyan Helkaraxe wrote:

> >I remember somebody on this newsgroup once mentioned the fact that at
> >times Jaleel's voice sounded like it had been spead up. At first I
> >thought he must have been in error, since everything seemed fine with
> >Sonic's voice, but then a couple of times throughout the show, I could
> >tell that it had indeed been spead up. Why? I'm not sure. You'd think
> >they could just have him re-act certain parts if he dropped his voice
> >too low, but who knows.
>
> Hmmm... It has been 6 years since he last did a Sonic cartoon...his voice
> will undoubtedly have changed to some extent over that time.
>
> >I guess I'm just rambling, but I guess I wanted to say that although
> >Sonic Underground recaptured some of the magic from the Sat. AM TV show,
> >and some people may say it's a better show (maybe it is, I don't know),
> >it will never be able to replace the spot in my heart that was, is now,
> >and always will be reserved for Sat. AM.
>
> Nothing will ever replace SatAM. That was a moment in history which will
> never be repeated, even if they did decide now to make the third season a
> reality -- they'd never be able to *quite* recreate the same atmosphere

I dunno. I think it wouldn't be terribly hard to maintain the
continuity and storyline. Believe me, my fingers are itching for the
opportunity to do a third season...and a fourth....

Oh, and just a note. I've been quoted recently about how the show (SU)
was rushed - but the second part of that quote, (paraphrased) "but the
show has many good elements and stories anyway," is consistently left
out. Ya'll gonna get me in trouble. :))

> nowadays.
> However, Sonic Underground is a good show, and it is much better than having
> no Sonic cartoons at all, or re-runs of AoStH.
> Unfortunately, there are some really bad episodes of Sonic Underground, but
> thankfully the good ones are plentiful.

Happy to hear that some are enjoying the series. Even with the zany
schedule, we had some good fun writing - and Len Janson, the original
story editor of the first and second seasons, was a primary writer. I
think of all the writers, he captured the essence and spirit of Sonic
the best.

Ben Hurst

Raz Masters

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
[snip]

> I dunno. I think it wouldn't be terribly hard to maintain the
> continuity and storyline. Believe me, my fingers are itching
> for the opportunity to do a third season...and a fourth....

Aahhhgah... ::lets mouth hang open, then drools, for, oh, a few
hours:: ...

If only...!

About "SU" however, it's not that bad in my opinion, but I don't
think Sonia was handled well. Even for a female raised in the
way she was, she's a bit too stereotypical. Usually, even the
snippiest females have their own personality. Where's hers? I
do, however, like Manic as a character, but what I'm not so sure
about is his being Sonic's sibling. Sonic in a sense has always
been alone, but yet, in SatAM, he had the Freedom Fighters; in
the video games and AoStH, he had Tails. You don't see hide
nor hair of the FFs or Tails in this. It's saddening.

- Raz Masters (Ra...@juno.com)
StHJJ1 Sega+++ Arc+/- WkS++++ tFF++++ Son+++" Sal+++
Rbk+/- Knu++++ Amy0 McS++ tWP++ JlS++ Drk+ P++ Dfhwo
$+++ Cpc,ps,JGabrie,JoePep E06 Ee17 Eee27 GF

http://www2.utep.edu/~jwjohnst/soncode.html

"If it won't stop, there will be no future for us."

SonicMK

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
Now that I've had a chance to re-watch the episodes of SU that they've
shown so far, I've actually enjoyed them more now that I'm not fuming about
the fact that Tails isn't in the series...

- SonicMK

Master Dash

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
>I dunno. I think it wouldn't be terribly hard to maintain the
>continuity and storyline. Believe me, my fingers are itching for the
>opportunity to do a third season...and a fourth....

It's pretty sad that'll probably never happen. I mean, if or when their is
another Sonic cartoon, it's pretty safe to say it'll be based on Sonic
Adventure. And don't get me wrong, I think that'll be really cool. I just wish
they made a third season to SatAM. :(

AHHHHH WELLL. SU's fine for now Ü

DASH was here
----------
http://wsonic.simplenet.com
----------

Mach

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99

David Bulmer <da...@bulmers.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <37FD7E...@REMOVEpacbell.net>, Benjamin Hurst
> <moo...@REMOVEpacbell.net> writes

> >I dunno. I think it wouldn't be terribly hard to maintain the
> >continuity and storyline. Believe me, my fingers are itching for the
> >opportunity to do a third season...and a fourth....
>
> Mr Hurst, believe me, if you ever sat down, wrote out some
> scripts and sent them our way, the amount of people who would complain
> could be represented by this:

Hey, but there's nothing...
oh. I see. X^D>

--

Mach
----
~Head of the Elite Council of Pointless~
~Official mascot of the AFSH Stupid Brigade~
~"Bof!" is the sound of my forehead hitting my monitor~
~Holder of the Pikachu Cannon~
~Hater of bad spelling~
~CALL HER AERITH OR I'LL RIP YOUR LUNGS OUT!~
~Master Pokemon Trainer~
~Giver of the coveted Understatement award~
----
Mach's First Law of Codeishness:
If a code seems too cool/hard to program in, then it is likely fake.
Mach's Second Law of Codeishness:
If a werido who cannot spell/types in all caps tells you the code, it is
likely fake.
Mach's Third Law of Codishness:
If the code is found on AOL, then it IS a fake.
----
Quotes:

"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu. This is the truth!
This is my belief! ...at least for now."
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841, Ch. 26

"Diplomacy is telling somebody to go to hell in a
way that they look forward to the trip." - Irish Proverb

"That is highly illogical." - Spock, Star Trek

"Your teacher's full of snot." -Rocko(?), Rocko's Modern Life

"Don't you think your .sig is a little -- long?" -CGI

"Normal is only a setting on the washing machine." -Andose

"So... you killed the Chief? You bastard!" -Meryl Silverburgh, Metal Gear
Solid
----
<THE SONIC CODE>
StHJJ1 Sega+++ WkS++ Arc--- tFF++ Sal+++
Son++ Knu+++ Amy++ Tal++ KAc--- P+++ Doph
$+++ E27 Ay84 GM COIL
</THE SONIC CODE>
<A HREF="http://www2.utep.edu/~jwjohnst/soncode.html">Go here to make your
own Sonic Code!</A>
----

Mach

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99

Hi <macul...@aol.comsonicblr> wrote in message
> Dear Ben,
>
> Do you think tails will ever make an appearence in Sonic underground?

I'd say it's only a matter of time.

> -sonicblur
>
> / Macul...@aol.com \
> ==========================
> * Visit Sonic Metropolis at: *
> * http://metrosonic.8m.com *
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Quote:
> "Come on Chaos, Lets get some
> more Emeralds Shall We?"

David Bulmer

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99

Hi

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
Dear Ben,

Do you think tails will ever make an appearence in Sonic underground?

-sonicblur

Harbinger2010

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
>I dunno. I think it wouldn't be terribly hard to maintain the
>continuity and storyline. Believe me, my fingers are itching for the
>opportunity to do a third season...and a fourth....
*thump* That's my knees hitting the floor
*woosh* That's me raising both hands above my head
** That's the sound of me silently bowing down before you.

David Bulmer

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
In article <pESpHDAWtn$3I...@bulmers.demon.co.uk>, David Bulmer
<da...@bulmers.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <37FD7E...@REMOVEpacbell.net>, Benjamin Hurst
><moo...@REMOVEpacbell.net> writes
>>I dunno. I think it wouldn't be terribly hard to maintain the
>>continuity and storyline. Believe me, my fingers are itching for the
>>opportunity to do a third season...and a fourth....
>
> Mr Hurst, believe me, if you ever sat down, wrote out some
>scripts and sent them our way, the amount of people who would complain
>could be represented by this:

ie, there's nothing there, ie, nobody.

(Just thought I'd better make myself clear, as I'd doubtless be
misinterpreted otherwise as meaning loads of people would complain.
Don't see how, but it's happened in the past. *B^D)

--
David Bulmer

Benjamin Hurst

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99

To my knowledge, Tails wasn't included in Sonic Underground. But if the
show is popular enough to get picked up, anything is possible.

Take care,

Ben

mosco

Oct 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/23/99
Compare the Beatles with the SU,the beatles voices when they sing are
better and the SU's are not!

Harbinger2010 <go...@attcanada.net> wrote in article
<csyL3.3233$ra5...@tundra.ops.attcanada.net>...