Purchasing Beta Sonic 2!!

dirkdes

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
Hey there!!

Are you interested in buying Beta Sonic 2?
You do *not* need to be able to convert
it into a ROM. Just name your price and you
will be considered. Your price must be in
Australian Dollars. Thanks!

This offer is 100% genuine!
It needs to be sold now!

The highest *genuine* bidder wins!

E-mail me now!!

Mobius101

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
>Are you interested in buying Beta Sonic 2?

::yawns and throws away spam message::

~Maria R
"Psy yie yie..."
-------------------------
Tha webber:
http://hamstergirl.cjb.net/
"They called me crazy! They called me insane! They called me LOONY!! And boy
were they right." -Megavolt

GrnAshura

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
>>Are you interested in buying Beta Sonic 2?
>
>::yawns and throws away spam message::

Yes, this is 100% fully the whole mindset of this NG. We're happy with the real
Sonic 2.

Mach H. Hedgehog,
"Hey, what is it about the gates of Hell that compels people to wander into
them?" -Crow T. Robot
--
Go here, or somthing really uncomfortable will happen!
http://members.tripod.com/~nccproductions/

Fred E. L.

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
On 16 Dec 1998 10:49:11 GMT, "dirkdes" <dir...@wantree.com.au> wrote:

>Hey there!!

>Are you interested in buying Beta Sonic 2?

>You do *not* need to be able to convert
>it into a ROM. Just name your price and you
>will be considered. Your price must be in
>Australian Dollars. Thanks!
>
>This offer is 100% genuine!
>It needs to be sold now!
>
>The highest *genuine* bidder wins!
>
>E-mail me now!!

How do you convert American dollars to Australian dollers? Will this
game work on an American Sega Genesis? What is the current highest
bid?
==========
==========
Fred E. L.
==========
Visit my website:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/fredsonic
==========
Have a nice day!
==========
==========

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
GrnAshura wrote:

> >>Are you interested in buying Beta Sonic 2?
> >

> >::yawns and throws away spam message::
>
> Yes, this is 100% fully the whole mindset of this NG. We're happy with the real
> Sonic 2.
>
> Mach H. Hedgehog,
> "Hey, what is it about the gates of Hell that compels people to wander into
> them?" -Crow T. Robot
> --
> Go here, or somthing really uncomfortable will happen!
> http://members.tripod.com/~nccproductions/
> --

Except that Sonic 2 beta has (probably) more level then the released Sonic 2. And
that's what a lot of people want.

--
Bahamut Dragons,
King of Dragons,

This e-mail has been sent by Thunder Bolt.

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
"Fred E. L." wrote:

> On 16 Dec 1998 10:49:11 GMT, "dirkdes" <dir...@wantree.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Hey there!!
> >

> >Are you interested in buying Beta Sonic 2?

> >You do *not* need to be able to convert
> >it into a ROM. Just name your price and you
> >will be considered. Your price must be in
> >Australian Dollars. Thanks!
> >
> >This offer is 100% genuine!
> >It needs to be sold now!
> >
> >The highest *genuine* bidder wins!
> >
> >E-mail me now!!
> How do you convert American dollars to Australian dollers? Will this
> game work on an American Sega Genesis? What is the current highest
> bid?
> ==========
> ==========
> Fred E. L.
> ==========
> Visit my website:
> http://www.angelfire.com/ny/fredsonic
> ==========
> Have a nice day!
> ==========
> ==========

Try this site to convert: http://www.oanda.com/converter/classic?lang=fr
it may be a little bit in french. Hope you don'"t mind.

dirkdes

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
This boggles the mind!! This isn't spam. From now on, are
you going to call everything I post spam? If you are, then
you are a very sad "man" indeed.

from andre.d.

Mobius101 <mobi...@aol.compactpika> wrote in article
<19981216070150...@ng-fs1.aol.com>...

> >Are you interested in buying Beta Sonic 2?
>

> ::yawns and throws away spam message::

dirkdes

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
The game is from Singapore, so it has those extra bits on
the side of it. It won't fit in a Sega Genesis without
some sort of convertor.

from andre.d.

dirkdes

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
I agree 100% and now that I've played Wood Zone etc. to
death, I was wondering if you would like to buy the cart.

For more information on my Beta Sonic 2 cart, visit
http://www.emulationzone.org/sections/sonic/secret
and go to the Sonic 2 page.

> Except that Sonic 2 beta has (probably) more level then the released
Sonic 2. And
> that's what a lot of people want.

Mobius101

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
>This boggles the mind!! This isn't spam. From now on, are
>you going to call everything I post spam? If you are, then
>you are a very sad "man" indeed.
>
>from andre.d.

LOL! I'm not a man, I'm a woman. And yes, I consider your posts spam. BTW,
don't send me stuff though e-mail either, because I delete spam. Don't expect
me to respond to you anymore either, because I find you, from what you've
posted to be a sad boy.

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
dirkdes wrote:

> I agree 100% and now that I've played Wood Zone etc. to
> death, I was wondering if you would like to buy the cart.

Not really: i don't have money, for a first part, and i don't have a
genesis.

Gold Sand

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Why doesn't he just use EBAY? If he's auctioning it off why doesn't he do
it that way. They keep track of the bids and post them.

Zuckuss199

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
>I was wondering if you would like to buy the cart.
>
>For more information on my Beta Sonic 2 cart, visit
>http://www.emulationzone.org/sections/sonic/secret
>and go to the Sonic 2 page.

Jose- We dont serve your kind here!
Dirkdes- What?
Jose- Your spam! They'll have to wait outside! We dont want them here.

Jose Solano
----------------
"Bizzare? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
-Mach Hedgehog

Zuckuss199

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
>The game is from Singapore, so it has those extra bits on
>the side of it. It won't fit in a Sega Genesis without
>some sort of convertor.

Dirk, let me run that by you again-

NO ONE HERE CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR BETA SONIC 2

GrnAshura

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
>This boggles the mind!! This isn't spam. From now on, are
>you going to call everything I post spam? If you are, then
>you are a very sad "man" indeed.

Actually, Dirk is right. That wasn't really spam at all.

Mach "The HECK?" Hedgehog,

Mr Karate

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98

dirkdes wrote in message <01be2965$bccade00$6ce437cb@oemcomputer>...

>The game is from Singapore, so it has those extra bits on
>the side of it. It won't fit in a Sega Genesis without
>some sort of convertor.
>
>from andre.d.

So the cartridge uses extra resources, just because its made in Singapore?
You are a very weird man.
Usually they make those extras to allow more resources to be used of the
cartridge at the same time..

- City Hunter

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Zuckuss199 wrote:

> >The game is from Singapore, so it has those extra bits on
> >the side of it. It won't fit in a Sega Genesis without
> >some sort of convertor.
>

> Dirk, let me run that by you again-
>
> NO ONE HERE CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR BETA SONIC 2
>
> Jose Solano
> ----------------
> "Bizzare? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
> -Mach Hedgehog

How do you know? Because you don't care doesn't mean everyone doesn't
care! The people who care don't necessarely post on the NG you know!

Fred E. L.

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
On 17 Dec 1998 03:35:18 GMT, "dirkdes" <dir...@wantree.com.au> wrote:

>The game is from Singapore, so it has those extra bits on
>the side of it. It won't fit in a Sega Genesis without
>some sort of convertor.
>

>from andre.d.

Darnit. Where do you get a converter?

Fred E. L.

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
On 17 Dec 1998 07:11:01 GMT, mobi...@aol.compactpika (Mobius101)
wrote:

>>This boggles the mind!! This isn't spam. From now on, are
>>you going to call everything I post spam? If you are, then
>>you are a very sad "man" indeed.
>>

>>from andre.d.
>

>LOL! I'm not a man, I'm a woman. And yes, I consider your posts spam. BTW,
>don't send me stuff though e-mail either, because I delete spam. Don't expect
>me to respond to you anymore either, because I find you, from what you've
>posted to be a sad boy.
>
>~Maria R
>"Psy yie yie..."
>-------------------------
>Tha webber:
>http://hamstergirl.cjb.net/
>"They called me crazy! They called me insane! They called me LOONY!! And boy
>were they right." -Megavolt

It seems like everyone here has been real nasty lately. Also, Andre's
post wasn't spam, he was trying to sell a rare Sonic game on a Sonic
newsgroup. I don't see how that is spam.

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Fred E. L. wrote...

>Darnit. Where do you get a converter?

Screw a converter, get a Super Magic Drive!

The Chaos Emerald

P.S. Where can I get a Super Magic Drive?

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98

> So the cartridge uses extra resources, just because its made in Singapore?
> You are a very weird man.
> Usually they make those extras to allow more resources to be used of the
> cartridge at the same time..

Wee somebody's obviously never played an asian MegaDrive title ^_- Japanese
games at least have a different cartridge design, they have cool ridge
structures (Those are the "bits" he's refering to) along the edges, so
they're wider than US and European carts. This makes it impossible to fit
one into a US Genesis, so you need an adapter, because aside from not fitting
there's probably a country lock-out in place too ^_-

Akira T H

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
I was just reading and thought, maybe a 32x? the slot on that is wider for 32x
games.
(((((AKiRA)))))

Thomas Pitt

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
You don't actually need a convertor. All you need to do is file off the
extra bits on the back of the cartridge slot, to make it the same shape as
the cartridge (WARNING: Doing this will invalidate your guarantee!)

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
Thomas Pitt wrote...

>You don't actually need a convertor. All you need to do is file off the
>extra bits on the back of the cartridge slot, to make it the same shape as
>the cartridge (WARNING: Doing this will invalidate your guarantee!)

Guarantee... for BETA software? That's a new one.

The Chaos Emerald

Mr Karate

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98

dirkdes wrote in message <01be28d9$30c9d320$3ae537cb@oemcomputer>...
>Hey there!!

>Are you interested in buying Beta Sonic 2?
>You do *not* need to be able to convert
>it into a ROM. Just name your price and you
>will be considered. Your price must be in
>Australian Dollars. Thanks!
>
>This offer is 100% genuine!
>It needs to be sold now!

Well well, looks like we have a retard.
Did you know, dirkdes, that a BETA is free?
a Beta is a test version, and is not meant for profit, but only a easrly
version of a game to find bugs.. Since your aiming to make a profit of of
one, you are doing it all wrong, and illegally.

- City Hunter

Danehog

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
>Did you know, dirkdes, that a BETA is free?
>a Beta is a test version, and is not meant for profit, but only a easrly
>version of a game to find bugs.. Since your aiming to make a profit of of
>one, you are doing it all wrong, and illegally.

Good point. =)

Danehog

dirkdes

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
Wrong!

dirkdes

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
Yes, the beta was free. It was probably given to people to
preview the game, but someone took it and put it up in a
shop in Singapore. Then Jonathan's dad bought it (1992) and
Jonathan wanted to sell it and make a nice profit (1998).

From Andre'!

PS - $#$##$#$@#$#@!#@!#@!#@!#

> Well well, looks like we have a retard.

> - City Hunter

dirkdes

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
You've been proven wrong twice, now lie down before you
hurt yourself.

from andre.d.

> So the cartridge uses extra resources, just because its made in
Singapore?
> You are a very weird man.
> Usually they make those extras to allow more resources to be used of the
> cartridge at the same time..
>

> - City Hunter

dirkdes

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98

Go to a second-hand games shop.
I saw a second hand convertor for $10 Australian (approx. 5
pounds UK.)
I also know these people who bought a convertor called a
"Mega Key" in Hong Kong.

from andre.d.

dirkdes

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
No, there won't be a guarantee (except that the cart works).

PS - Chaos, thanks for the Sonic Compilation Rom.

The Chaos Emerald <chaos-...@usa.net> wrote in article
<NZQe2.547$XY6....@news.san.rr.com>...

Yasha Rris

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
Dirkdes wrote:

>Wrong!

Nope, he's right. A beta version
is a test version, sent out by a company
to a select group of individuals who
are called "testers". They test the program
or whatnot for bugs, etc. So, I'm sorry,
but Eric's right, you CAN'T sell a beta
version.

~Miyasha

Yasha Rris: BEAN DIP
YuffieKVII: ARF
--
<LampShades> Darnit, Shot, Do you know what you just did?! Evil Witch made me
think Wicked Witch, Which made me think MONKEYS WITH WINGS

Mr Karate

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98

dirkdes wrote in message <01be2bff$661416c0$c4e737cb@oemcomputer>...

>Yes, the beta was free. It was probably given to people to
>preview the game, but someone took it and put it up in a
>shop in Singapore. Then Jonathan's dad bought it (1992) and
>Jonathan wanted to sell it and make a nice profit (1998).
>
>From Andre'!

And since that happened, do you think it makes it any MORE legal for YOU
to sell it?

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
In article <19981220103731...@ng119.aol.com>,

yash...@aol.com.sucks (Yasha Rris) wrote:
> Dirkdes wrote:
>
> >Wrong!
>
> Nope, he's right. A beta version
> is a test version, sent out by a company
> to a select group of individuals who
> are called "testers". They test the program
> or whatnot for bugs, etc. So, I'm sorry,
> but Eric's right, you CAN'T sell a beta
> version.

Well, it was illegal for it to be sold in the first place. Hong Kong and
Singapore are notorious for selling stuff like that anyway. Sure, wrong is
wrong, even if everyone is doing it, but if I can buy a Sonic 2 beta, you can
bet I'd do it. ^_-

Maculation

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
I thought your friends name was Jono. Did he change it?

Thomas Pitt

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
>Guarantee... for BETA software? That's a new one.

I meant the guarantee on your Genesis console.

Fred E. L.

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98

Hey, if I had such a rare and cool item like that, and I didn't want
it anymore, I'd try to make money off of it too.

Fred E. L.

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98

I have GOT go take a trip to Hong Kong and Singapore!

dirkdes

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
Now, if you want to be smart and off topic, then I'll tell
you Jono's full name.

Jonathan Sathiendrakumar

Okay?

Now if I say "Jono Kumar" you could easily guess what I mean?

Now to answer your question....

> I thought your friends name was Jono. Did he change it?

No, he did not change it.

from andre.d.

dirkdes

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
No, he didn't change it. His name is Jonathan.
"Jono" for short. It makes sense.

Unless you wany me to start calling him "Jona" which
would be quite mad.

Maculation <macul...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19981220135828...@ng01.aol.com>...

M StealthA

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: Purchasing Beta Sonic 2!!
>From: fred...@hotmail.com (Fred E. L.)
>Date: Sun, Dec 20, 1998 17:30 EST

>On 20 Dec 1998 08:54:27 PST, "Mr Karate" <I'm...@hell-are.you> wrote:
>

>>dirkdes wrote in message <01be2bff$661416c0$c4e737cb@oemcomputer>...
>>>Yes, the beta was free. It was probably given to people to
>>>preview the game, but someone took it and put it up in a
>>>shop in Singapore. Then Jonathan's dad bought it (1992) and
>>>Jonathan wanted to sell it and make a nice profit (1998).
>>>
>>>From Andre'!
>>

>> And since that happened, do you think it makes it any MORE legal for YOU
>>to sell it?
>>

>Hey, if I had such a rare and cool item like that, and I didn't want
>it anymore, I'd try to make money off of it too.
>==========
>==========
>Fred E. L.
>==========
>Visit my website:
>http://www.angelfire.com/ny/fredsonic
>==========
>Have a nice day!
>==========
>==========
></PRE></HTML>

that brings up an interesting point, if its so "rare and cool", why sell it in
the first place? i know i wouldnt

dirkdes

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
> Unless you wany me to start calling him "Jona" which
> would be quite mad.

Sorry, it should be "want" instead of "wany"

*phew*

from andre.d.

dirkdes

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98

> that brings up an interesting point, if its so "rare and cool",
> why sell it in
> the first place? i know i wouldnt

1) It's not mine.
2) There is only *so much* you can do with the extra zones.
3) It's not mine.
4) I'm getting 1/3 of the money.
5) It's not mine
6) It's rare, though not as cool as one would have liked.
7) It's not exactly mine.

Now, I hoped I've solved your dilemma.

from andre.d.

Danehog

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
>Hey, if I had such a rare and cool item like that, and I didn't want
>it anymore, I'd try to make money off of it too.

I'm with you on that one, but someone else brought up the fact that it's
illegal to sell a beta game. (I think it was Sonikku. I'm not sure.)

Danehog

Danehog

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98

I can't believe everybody was getting so darn mad at Dirkdes. All he
wanted was try to sell a beta version of Sonic 2, not be flamed out the
wazuu(sp?).

Danehog

dirkdes

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
Though the legality is questionable, let us think for a
minute -

"Even if it is illegal, do you think Sega would really
care if someone's trying to sell a rare beta copy of
an extremely old game? I don't think Sega is going to
chase me down and put me in jail for selling an
old MegaDrive game."

"If it is legal for someone to distribute roms of beta games
(which it is), then why the big fuss when someone tries to
sell one?"

Why?

Now, send me the money and I'll send you the beta.

Danehog <dan...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19981221224027...@ng60.aol.com>...
> (I think it was Sonikku)
> Danehog

GrnAshura

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
> I can't believe everybody was getting so darn mad at Dirkdes. All he
>wanted was try to sell a beta version of Sonic 2, not be flamed out the
>wazuu(sp?).

True. Sure, he did flood the newsgroup with annoying spam, then did a little
flaming when people flamed him... I suppose most of the members of this
newsgroup prefer to not forgive the little guy. He simply thought that people
would be so interested on the site that everyone would thank him, not to say
that it's not interesting or anything... oh heck, just ignore me.

Mach "The HECK?" Hedgehog,
"Hey, what is it about the gates of Hell that compels people to wander into
them?" -Crow T. Robot
--
Go here, or somthing really uncomfortable will happen!
http://members.tripod.com/~nccproductions/

Danehog

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98

>True. Sure, he did flood the newsgroup with annoying spam, then did a little
>flaming when people flamed him... I suppose most of the members of this
>newsgroup prefer to not forgive the little guy. He simply thought that people
>would be so interested on the site that everyone would thank him, not to say
>that it's not interesting or anything... oh heck, just ignore me.

Well, at least SOMEONE thinks Dirkdes isn't as bad as that "Louis"
character.

Danehog '98
('99 model's on the way! ;) )

P.S: Hasn't someone tried reporting Louis to AOL?

Danehog

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
>P.S: Hasn't someone tried reporting Louis to AOL?

I mean when he was here.

JSolano199

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
>P.S: Hasn't someone tried reporting Louis to AOL?

He doesn't use AOL. He's pretty smart, in that sense...

Jose Solano
----------------
"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
-Mach Hedgehog

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
unless you dont celebrate either

dirkdes

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

> "If it is legal for someone to distribute roms of beta games
> (which it is), then why the big fuss when someone tries to
> sell one?"

Not the rom, the actual cartridge.
Though, it's legal to distribute the beta.

DarkeSword

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>"If it is legal for someone to distribute roms of beta games
>(which it is), then why the big fuss when someone tries to
>sell one?"

Because you're trying to make money off of it. That's why. You're making
money off of the work that those Japanese programmers put into making the game,
without giving them any. Do you know how much work is put into making a beta?
A lot.

If it was bought in Singapore, it was most likely sold illegally (countries
like Singapore and Hong Kong are notorious for things like that).

So what you really are doing is ripping off Sega, the people who put out great
games, such as the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

Ok..i'm done now...

Darke Sword
Fan of all good games, regardless of the system.