Question

Thomas Pitt

Dec 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/8/97

LGDKDD wrote in article <19971209050...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

>In the Sonic 2 sound test trak 10 I cant place anywhere in the game. Where
is
>it from? Is it like the S&eK tracks on Sonic 3 and it was a leval they cut
out
>and never put in a new game?

Track 10 is the sound from the unfinished Hidden Palace zone. If you have an
Action Replay, you can view this level (although there's not much to see
except the title and 2 seconds of the level!). Enter the code FFFB1 00008.

LGDKDD

Dec 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/9/97

In the Sonic 2 sound test trak 10 I cant place anywhere in the game. Where is
it from? Is it like the S&K tracks on Sonic 3 and it was a leval they cut out

and never put in a new game?

Signing off,
DAV

You have nothing to fear but fear itself, and a overweight eggman named Dr.
Robotnik

b806bcg

Dec 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/9/97

LGDKDD <lgd...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19971209050...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

It sounds kind of like the music for a level in Sonic 1 .

Todd Sempel

Dec 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/10/97

Thomas Pitt wrote:

> LGDKDD wrote in article <19971209050...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

> >In the Sonic 2 sound test trak 10 I cant place anywhere in the game. Where
> is
> >it from? Is it like the S&eK tracks on Sonic 3 and it was a leval they cut

> out
> >and never put in a new game?
> >
> Track 10 is the sound from the unfinished Hidden Palace zone. If you have an
> Action Replay, you can view this level (although there's not much to see
> except the title and 2 seconds of the level!). Enter the code FFFB1 00008.

Woah! This is all news to me! The Hidden Palace was originally going
to be in Sonik 2? Does anybody know anything else about this? Are
there any pics of this Hidden Palace on the net? If not, what's it look
like?

-Todd

Mark Palenik

Dec 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/10/97

b806bcg wrote:

> LGDKDD <lgd...@aol.com> wrote in article

> <19971209050...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...
> > In the Sonic 2 sound test trak 10 I cant place anywhere in the game.
> Where is

> > it from? Is it like the S&K tracks on Sonic 3 and it was a leval they
> cut out

Yes. Or that's what was floating around on this very news group in the
middle of July.

TailsTT

Dec 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/12/97

LGDKDD wrote:

>In the Sonic 2 sound test trak 10 I cant place anywhere in the game. Where
>is
>it from? Is it like the S&K tracks on Sonic 3 and it was a leval they cut
>out

>and never put in a new game?
>

>Signing off,
>DAV
>
>You have nothing to fear but fear itself, and a overweight eggman named Dr.
>Robotnik

OK, LISTEN UP: THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M SAYIN IT:

The track is from a level from the Japanese Sonic 2. Thelevel is called the
Turqoise Zone. It was originally intended to be the fabled "secret zone" of
Sonic 2, but do to space limits of American carts, Sega was forced to cut the
level.

THERE!!

From the guy who says LOL in RL:
TailsTT
(Tai...@aol.com

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/Juliesu14/index.html
StH JJ1 Arc+++ AdS-- Son+ Sal+++! Tal++" Rot++i Knu+^ Amy+++! Amc+ P++ Dwm $++
A14 GM

Chaos Emer

Dec 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/12/97

In article <19971212025...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, tai...@aol.com
(TailsTT) writes:

The Japanese Sonic 2 and the U.S.'s Sonic 2 were the same. The level isn't in
either.

The Chaos Emerald

StH JJ1
Arc~{++} Sal+++! Son++ Tal++ Knu++i Ant->++
P++ Dwm $+++

David Bulmer

Dec 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/13/97

In article <19971212025...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, TailsTT
<tai...@aol.com> writes

>LGDKDD wrote:
>
>>In the Sonic 2 sound test trak 10 I cant place anywhere in the game. Where
>>is
>>it from? Is it like the S&K tracks on Sonic 3 and it was a leval they cut
>>out
>>and never put in a new game?
>>
>>Signing off,
>>DAV
>>
>>You have nothing to fear but fear itself, and a overweight eggman named Dr.
>>Robotnik
>>

>OK, LISTEN UP: THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M SAYIN IT:
>
>The track is from a level from the Japanese Sonic 2. Thelevel is called the
>Turqoise Zone.
Turquoise Hill? That made it into one of the GG/MS Sonic games.

>It was originally intended to be the fabled "secret zone" of
>Sonic 2, but do to space limits of American carts, Sega was forced to cut the
>level.

It wasn't, it was the Hidden Palace Zone! It's actually IN the
level if you use the code thingy! I think.
--
David Bulmer

John Will

Dec 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/14/97

Chaos Emer wrote:

> In article <19971212025...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, tai...@aol.com
> (TailsTT) writes:
>

> >>In the Sonic 2 sound test trak 10 I cant place anywhere in the game. Where
> >>is
> >>it from? Is it like the S&K tracks on Sonic 3 and it was a leval they cut
> >>out
> >>and never put in a new game?
> >>
> >>Signing off,
> >>DAV
> >>
> >>You have nothing to fear but fear itself, and a overweight eggman named Dr.
> >>Robotnik
> >>

> >OK, LISTEN UP: THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M SAYIN IT:
> >
> >The track is from a level from the Japanese Sonic 2. Thelevel is called the

> >Turqoise Zone. It was originally intended to be the fabled "secret zone" of

> >Sonic 2, but do to space limits of American carts, Sega was forced to cut the
> >level.
> >

> >THERE!!
> >
> >From the guy who says LOL in RL:
> > TailsTT
> >(Tai...@aol.com
> >
> >http://www.angelfire.com/fl/Juliesu14/index.html
> >StH JJ1 Arc+++ AdS-- Son+ Sal+++! Tal++" Rot++i Knu+^ Amy+++! Amc+ P++ >Dwm
> $++
> >A14 GM
>
> The Japanese Sonic 2 and the U.S.'s Sonic 2 were the same. The level isn't in
> either.
>
> The Chaos Emerald
>
> StH JJ1
> Arc~{++} Sal+++! Son++ Tal++ Knu++i Ant->++
> P++ Dwm $+++

I thought it was supposed to be Hidden Palace zone music. That was originally
intended to be the secret zone in Sonic 2, but they hid it so well it wasn't even
in the final version of the game... :ŽElaine Will
trem...@hotmail.com

Thomas Pitt

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

Turquoise Hill? That made it into one of the GG/MS Sonic games.
>>It was originally intended to be the fabled "secret zone" of
>>Sonic 2, but do to space limits of American carts, Sega was forced to cut
the
>>level.

Its not in the Japanese version either. My mate has a Japanese copy of the
game, and I tried the code on his copy. It was just the same, no background
graphics.

> It wasn't, it was the Hidden Palace Zone! It's actually IN the
>level if you use the code thingy! I think.

It is actually in the game, but is unfinished. It's as if SEGA started
producing it, but rushed the release before they could finish the background
graphics. However, all the sprites and level maps are in there, and Robotnik
even appears in a sort-of walking machine at the end of the level. I tried
to post a picture of this unfinished level but the server kept saying
'insufficient space on disk'
Never mind - I'll post it once I get a homepage!

If you do have an Action Replay and a UK copy of the game, try the code
FFFE1 00008. If this works you should see that the level is very glitchy,
with absolutely no background graphics and missing floors (i.e. you die
straight away). However it is good if you want to see how a Genesis game
looks before the graphics are put in!

Chaos Emer

Dec 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/21/97

In article <67emk7$7sf$1...@svr-c-02.core.theplanet.net>, "Thomas Pitt"
<tp...@leeds.prestel.co.uk> writes:

>If you do have an Action Replay and a UK copy of the game, try the code
>FFFE1 00008. If this works you should see that the level is very glitchy,
>with absolutely no background graphics and missing floors (i.e. you die
>straight away). However it is good if you want to see how a Genesis game
>looks before the graphics are put in!

I've heard this code tons of times... When do you get to see the Hidden Palace,
and would Debug work in it (that way you could see the whole level.)

The Chaos Emerald
Onipotent, but not a good speller ;)
runner of the Hidden Palace, with the most Sonic codes in one place on the 'net
http://members.aol.com/chaosemer/index.html

LGDKDD

Dec 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/21/97

Where could I find a action replayer? Do they still make them? I don't think
so, but I could be wrong.

Signing off,
Dav

Or call me Frisk(Long story, dont ask)

Kulock

Dec 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/22/97

Quesiton 1: Could you please e-mail it? I don't have Action Replay, and I'm
curious. My e-mail address is eggl...@iwaynet.net. Thank you.

Question 2: Since Sonic Jam uses the original roms (slightly modified in
certain aspects) would Hidden Palace be accessable there too with a GameShark
code? Or would Sonic Team have chopped it?

Question 3: What the heck happens when you get all 100 rings in the Special
Time attack in Sonic Jam, anyway? My personal record is 96, but I haven't
tried in a long time, and no one ever said.

Thanks!

BTW, someone mentioned an icon of the stageselect looking like Hidden Palace,
it might be, someone told me Sonic 3 used Sonic 2's icons.

BTW(Mark 2), Someone said there was to be 3 Sonic special stages, and frankly,
I'm inclined to believe them. I've enver seen the unfinished Hidden Palace,
but I read (out of EGM a long time ago) that Hidden palace was supposed to be
a large maze of those quick-tubes (like in Sonic CD). And then I've seen two
pictures, I THINK both had sand (it's been awhile), and that has nothing to do
with the description I read of.

Then again, Sonic CD was suppose to have animation not found in both Sonic CD
versions (Original and Extended) If I find that EGM (I DOUBT it, I think it
was damaged when it was put away, it's probably unreadable) but it had images
not found in the cinemas. All well.

I've rabled enough ^.^

-Kulock, who wonders what the new Sonic Dural RPG will be like.