Secret Level Sonic 2?

Kenneth M Joye

May 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/18/97

pogologo-

If you're talking about the secret level in Sonic 2 then you're out of
luck. That level was taken out of final versions for some stupid
reason. The music and the little level icon is there in the sound test
but no level.

john will

May 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/19/97

David Bulmer wrote:

> In article <337FA7...@worldnet.att.net>, Kenneth M Joye <KENJOYE-
> T...@worldnet.att.net> writes
> It is? Which track?
> --
> David Bulmer

Probably track 10. I can't find that anywhere in the game.
Elaine Will aka Kurt Cobain
trem...@hotmail.com

Davin

May 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/20/97

David Bulmer wrote:

> In article <337FA7...@worldnet.att.net>, Kenneth M Joye <KENJOYE-
> T...@worldnet.att.net> writes
> >pogologo-
> >
> >If you're talking about the secret level in Sonic 2 then you're out of
> >luck. That level was taken out of final versions for some stupid
> >reason. The music and the little level icon is there in the sound test
> >but no level.
> It is? Which track?
> --
> David Bulmer

It actually DOES exist.

You need that device that lets you play as Knuckles in the earlier
games.....forget the name of it.

Once again, I forget the level, but in one area, you will find a wall
that, well, appears different from the rest.

Have Knux bash the wall. Voila. Secret level.
--
I'm sorry. You must have mistook me for someone who actually CARES.
Serl of Hone (friend)

This message will prove to you I AM life in it's simplest form.
Davin Denille; Mercenary Squirrel (ME!)

David Bulmer

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

In article <01bc655c$c8a53c80$62025cc3@prswc2al>, Martin Pitt
<mjp...@leeds.prestel.co.uk> writes

>Johnny Wallbank <joh...@jwall.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
><01bc6556$3c624fc0$0200...@big.wallbank.co.uk>...
>>

>> I belive the hidden level is the Hidden Palace Zone. You can get there
>via
>> Action Replay, at the cost that the graphics are garbelled.
>>
>> Davin, what Zone is the secret level in. It will help all Sonic fans!
>>

>> I've got action replay too, and can get to the level. The reason why the
>graphics are
>garbled is that Sega never bothered to finish the level!!!!!!
If you have see it then PLEASE oh PLEASE tell me what is there.
Super Emeralds? Chaos Emeralds? No Emeralds?
--
David Bulmer

Johnny Wallbank

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

Everyone, I looked at the Sonic 2 Guide and the Hidden Palace looked
perfectly
intact. Sega DID finish it.

I think the Action Replay code needs a little bit more hacking. If anyone
knows
the code TELL US NOW!!! Or what zone Knuckles 'bashes the wall'.

Shambler.

"So Mr. Shambler, what did you have for tea?"
"Nothing. You'll do though. AUGHHH!"
(Sorry you have been killed, please hang up and try again.)

David Bulmer

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

In article <338258...@sk.sympatico.ca>, john will
<s...@sk.sympatico.ca> writes

>Martin Pitt wrote:
>>
>> Johnny Wallbank <joh...@jwall.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
>> <01bc6556$3c624fc0$0200...@big.wallbank.co.uk>...
>> >

>> > I belive the hidden level is the Hidden Palace Zone. You can get there
>> via
>> > Action Replay, at the cost that the graphics are garbelled.
>> >
>> > Davin, what Zone is the secret level in. It will help all Sonic fans!
>> >

>> > I've got action replay too, and can get to the level. The reason why the
>> graphics are
>> garbled is that Sega never bothered to finish the level!!!!!!
>
>What's action replay? Is it when you finish the game and can choose your
>level from the game save slot in Sonic 3 & Knuckles?

>Elaine Will aka Kurt Cobain
>trem...@hotmail.com
No!! It's some kind of hacking into games cartridge like Game
Genie only better.
--
David Bulmer

Thomas Pitt

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

Johnny Wallbank <joh...@jwall.demon.co.uk> wrote in article

<01bc661b$52fa0b40$0200...@big.wallbank.co.uk>...

> Everyone, I looked at the Sonic 2 Guide and the Hidden Palace looked
> perfectly
> intact. Sega DID finish it.
>
> I think the Action Replay code needs a little bit more hacking. If anyone
> knows
> the code TELL US NOW!!! Or what zone Knuckles 'bashes the wall'.
>
> Shambler.

The Hidden Palace is complete in Sonic 3, but not in Sonic 2. I only have
the earliest version of the game, so I can't be sure about the complete
level.

David Bulmer

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

In article <01bc66e0$f2ac0b00$044698c2@prswc2al>, Thomas Pitt
<tp...@leeds.prestel.co.uk> writes

>> It actually DOES exist.
>>
>> You need that device that lets you play as Knuckles in the earlier
>> games.....forget the name of it.
>>
>> Once again, I forget the level, but in one area, you will find a wall
>> that, well, appears different from the rest.
>>
>> Have Knux bash the wall. Voila. Secret level.
>
>Are you saying that if I use the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge with Sonic 2,
>and find the secret area, I will be able to play a COMPLETE version of
>Hidden Palace?

I'll believe it when I see it.
I'll see it when you tell me which level and where.
--
David Bulmer

David Bulmer

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

In article <01bc66d4$88e15560$244698c2@prswc2al>, Thomas Pitt
<tp...@leeds.prestel.co.uk> writes

>Johnny Wallbank <joh...@jwall.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
><01bc661b$52fa0b40$0200...@big.wallbank.co.uk>...
>>

>> Everyone, I looked at the Sonic 2 Guide and the Hidden Palace looked
>> perfectly
>> intact. Sega DID finish it.
>>
>> I think the Action Replay code needs a little bit more hacking. If anyone
>> knows
>> the code TELL US NOW!!! Or what zone Knuckles 'bashes the wall'.
>>
>> Shambler.
>>
>The Hidden Palace is complete in Sonic 3,
No it isn't.

>but not in Sonic 2.
Nor in Sonic3.

> I only have
>the earliest version of the game, so I can't be sure about the complete
>level.

It's actually in Sonic and Knuckles.
--
David Bulmer

Kenneth Joye

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

The music track to the Hidden Palace Level in Sonic 2 is 10. Hidden
Palace Level is not in Sonic 2 unless you have some kind of pre-beta of
the game. I remember a show on Nickelodeon where they played video
games and they had Sonic 2 on one of their machines. While the game
would run through the demos, it would play through the Hidden Palace
Zone. In one of the earlier GamePro magazines they had an image of the
Hidden Palace Zone and the caption below said something about how it
might not be in the final version. I do believe though that the Hidden
Palace Zone in Sonic & Knuckles is supposed to take up for what they
didn't put in Sonic 2. I doubt that you can get Knuckles to break a
wall in Sonic 2 and then find the level but I'm not saying you can't.

David Joye

Thomas Pitt

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

I completed Sonic 2 & Knuckles last night with all the chaos emeralds, and
I still don't see any sign of this hidden palace level! Nor did I see an
unusual wall to bash through!

Kenneth Joye

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Hidden Palace Zone isn't in Sonic2 w/S&K locked on. It's in S&K or S&K
w/Sonic 3 locked on.

FX Ferret

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

I read about the hidden palace in GamePro magazine. It is track 10, and it
was eliminated from the final version.

john will

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Aha! I knew it was 10! Well I still can't find it, I may have to get
Action Replay or something.

Oliver Rigby

May 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/31/97

On 23 May 1997 23:56:30 GMT, fxfe...@aol.com (FX Ferret) wrote:

>I read about the hidden palace in GamePro magazine. It is track 10, and it
>was eliminated from the final version.

I've just thought, go to the last sound in the sound test, it puts
nothing, you can play nothing. It could be the sound effects being
removed.

,,,,,,
( o o )
/-----------------0ooo.---(_)---0ooo.-------------------\
|Oliver Rigby |
|WWW: http://www.btinternet.com/~rigby/oliver/ |
|oliver...@btinternet.com |
| .ooo0 |
| ( ) |
\-----------------------)(------------------------------/
(_) )(
(_)

David Bulmer

May 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/31/97

In article <339043...@sk.sympatico.ca>, john will
<s...@sk.sympatico.ca> writes
>A lot of the sounds in the sound test play nothing. However 75 (or
>something like that) is the "Sega" thing you hear right at the start of
>the game, only it's distorted.

That scares me to death! Here I am, flicking through the sound
effects, none of them produce any sound. I begin to take it for granted,
and idley poke at the buttons listening to several nothings.
Suddenly
SEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAAA
in a horrible, distorted voice! Upon impulse I slam my fist down
on the power off button and run out of the room.
I know it's stupid but it gets me EVERY DAMN TIME!!

And then when I did the same I found it as the last sample in
the Sonic3 sound test! This took me completely by suprise as I believed
it to not be there. This is the meaning of fear.

I don't know what I'd do if an army of Troopers ever turned up.
I'd probably melt into a small puddle of pure fear. Ah well.

--
David Bulmer

ANGRY KID

May 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/31/97

Thomas Pitt wrote:

> I completed Sonic 2 & Knuckles last night with all the chaos emeralds, and
> I still don't see any sign of this hidden palace level! Nor did I see an
> unusual wall to bash through!

whats the ending with knuckles like ?

David Bulmer

Jun 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/1/97

In article <339015...@ois.net.au>, ANGRY KID <sara...@ois.net.au>
writes
Yeah! Do you get a new b+w bit? Tell us everything! BTW, Telly
tells me the hidden wall is in the Hill Top Zone.
--
David Bulmer

john will

Jun 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/1/97

Um, I have completed Sonic 2 with Knuckles before and the ending is
exactly the same as it is with Sonic. Kinda disappointing.
I'm going to play Sonic 2 with Knux right now and try and find Hidden
Palace Zone, but I don't think I'll find it.

john will

Jun 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/1/97

I just played it a while ago, and searched every inch of Hill Top Zone
and I still didn't find any unusual wall to bash through. It's gotta be
in a different level. Maybe it's in Wing Fortress Zone. Lotsa places
to explore there.

David Bulmer

Jun 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/2/97

In article <3391CD...@sk.sympatico.ca>, john will
<s...@sk.sympatico.ca> writes

>I just played it a while ago, and searched every inch of Hill Top Zone
>and I still didn't find any unusual wall to bash through. It's gotta be
>in a different level. Maybe it's in Wing Fortress Zone. Lotsa places
>to explore there.
>Elaine Will aka Kurt Cobain
>trem...@hotmail.com
Well, that's what he told me anyway.
--
David Bulmer

David Bulmer

Jun 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/2/97

In article <3391AB...@sk.sympatico.ca>, john will
<s...@sk.sympatico.ca> writes

>Um, I have completed Sonic 2 with Knuckles before and the ending is
>exactly the same as it is with Sonic. Kinda disappointing.
>I'm going to play Sonic 2 with Knux right now and try and find Hidden
>Palace Zone, but I don't think I'll find it.
>Elaine Will aka Kurt Cobain
>trem...@hotmail.com

But the ending shows Tails looking upwards, flying into the
plane and catching Sonic, surely? (the b+w bit) I can understand how
they changed the Sonic sprite to a Knuckles one, but doesn't Sonic
feature in the b+w bit?
--
David Bulmer

Razor J M

Jun 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/4/97

In article <19970604054...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
jone...@aol.com (JonesMack) writes:

>I heard that this secret zone (Hidden Palace Zone) was only in the first
>100 hundred copies of the game that was shipped and the rest of them
don't
>have it.

(Warning: This is not on topic)

Dude, when'd you get on the mailing list?! HAHA! Finally, someone who
ain't lame.. hehe.

  _____________
- ' , - ' _________________
  ___/ _____ -___ {{ Most Recent Sonic }}
  \ _/ ___ ------ /____ ' - {{ Sector Update: }}
  \ \\ // / / / ' - .\ {{ 5/20/97 }}
  \()\./ () / _______\ {{Sonic Anime WAVs}}
  ( o - )___ ' - _\ {{Need more FanFic}}
  /__ _ '-_' -______\ \______________/
  || \ ( \ '-. ___
  || | \ \ \ // \ /\\
  ,\\__/ ,<|_|>,----_\ \\ \\ // \\ || \ | ||| ||//__||
  ,\ \ _ ,\ /, _ || ||| o |||| \| ||| || |__
  '- | _/'--- -'\. \__// \\_//||_|\_|||_||\\__||
    ( | ( ) |=-The Hedgehog-=|
  \_| (_/_/_/_/
  ,<|,<|_|>, /=-Art by (me, hehe) Razor Hedgehog-=\
  ,\ ,\ /, |\=- Razor_H...@juno.com -=/|
  _'-- /'- - --'\. | |=- |Razor| or Kamisori at #sonic -=| |
 _----\''''\ ( ,---, | \|=- Go to the SonicSector!! -=|/
/____|_|__'-,/ , \| /=-http://members.aol.com/sthsector/-=\
  '-,/ \ | |\=-____________________________-=/|
  '-,/ \|_______________________________|/
\\ StH JJ1 WkS+++ AdS~ Arc+ Flt~ Son++ Sal+++ Ant~ //
|| Nic+ Joe+++ Bks+ Rbk--- Pck- Knu+++ tNH~ tWP++ ||
// ASn+ Anc~ Enerjak+ P++ Dhpw E06 E13 E17 $+++ \\

Razor J M

Jun 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/4/97

In article <19970604143...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,

raz...@aol.com (Razor J M) writes:

>Dude, when'd you get on the mailing list?! HAHA! Finally, someone who
>ain't lame.. hehe.

Er, newsgroup, GAHH, I'm stupid..

And spamming.. hurt me if you will.

RazMasters

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

In article <19970605040...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
miya...@aol.com (Miyasha Ka) writes:

> And I'm lame, butterball? :)
>

>-=-~Miyasha~-=-

.. if everyone else on this newsgroup doesn't ignore that I'll kill you
all.

Miyasha Ka

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

And I'm lame, butterball? :)

-=-~Miyasha~-=-

I no want a signature...NONONONO! :)

john will

Jun 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/7/97

David Bulmer wrote:

> In article <3391CD...@sk.sympatico.ca>, john will
> <s...@sk.sympatico.ca> writes

> >I just played it a while ago, and searched every inch of Hill Top Zone
> >and I still didn't find any unusual wall to bash through. It's gotta be
> >in a different level. Maybe it's in Wing Fortress Zone. Lotsa places
> >to explore there.
> >Elaine Will aka Kurt Cobain
> >trem...@hotmail.com
> Well, that's what he told me anyway.
> --
> David Bulmer

Y'know I don't think it's even in Sonic 2, they took it out before it
was released. Well it at least explains the mystery of Track 10...
Elaine Will aka Reznor the Echidna
trem...@hotmail.com

Davin

Jun 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/8/97

After thinking about it awhile, IMO, I believe what they did was hide
the level INSIDE Sonic&Knuckles, so that it would be possible for a FULL
level not existing earlier in the game to be suddenly reachable....it
makes sense. As for where, I must admit I read it in a magazine a year
or two ago......supposed to be a BIG secret.......so, anyway, don't
bother asking, I have no idea. Toodles.

john will

Jun 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/8/97

So basically what you're saying is I should keep looking?
Elaine Will
trem...@hotmail.com