Sonic dream games

FRANK HANSEN

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
Hi, just wondering something. What is your dream vision of the ultimate
(well not really, sequels never die) Sonic game?

Alright, I'll start. It's in the SatAM universe and most missions entail
sneaking around in Robotropolis. Right from the start you have a choice of
every 'main' freedom fighter. Think a little along the lines of Metal Gear
Solid as far as stealth is in involved, but if you want to just fight
SWATbots, Sonic is your best bet, though Bunnie is no slouch. Also, you
have complete freedom to do whatever, and Robotropolis is HUGE with all it's
factories and even a suburb, within which many of the FF's ruined homes are.
And then you can cruise around Knothole in addition.

Last, you make the plot. There are key elements such as the
Hyper-Mecha-Sonic-project or Robotnik discovering Knothole during the finale
but otherwise, the game makes it up as you go along, even as far as your
character switching sides and taking up work for Robotnik.

I have a lot of ideas but I'm already ranting so I'll get gone.

Mondo

"Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! This... is my BOOM-STICK!"
--Ash

"I may be love's bitch but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
--Spike

David Bulmer

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
In article <vi5r3.2761$HH3.1...@juliett.dax.net>, FRANK HANSEN
<hans...@c2i.net> writes

>Hi, just wondering something. What is your dream vision of the ultimate
>(well not really, sequels never die) Sonic game?

A year ago I could've answered that, but... then they made it. *B^)

--
David Bulmer

icky...@hotmail.com

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
In article <g0Nr7AA6...@bulmers.demon.co.uk>,

A few years ago,, like,. four maybe.. when I still thought something
like this might actually get something accomplished, I Emailed a ten
page letter to Sonic Team full of all my ideas for a new Sonic game.
Moves, levels, and what not. Sadly, they ignored me totally. ^_^ I'd
post it, but (1) it's huge and (2) there are some really good ideas in
there I'd just assoon (is that even a word?) keep secret. ^_^

--
Michael Stearns
His Boring Homepage:

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Robert Doubtfire

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
To be honest Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast is everything I ever wanted a
Sonic game to be. Im 18 so I have seen all Sonics since day one and have
most of them. Sonic Adventure is fast and playable. I read a interview with
a sonic team member for the Dreamcast and he said with Dreamcast the team's
vision of sonic can finialy be realised.
Dreamcast is kinda cool
rjd

Allison Fleury

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99

FRANK HANSEN wrote in message ...

>Hi, just wondering something. What is your dream vision of the ultimate
>(well not really, sequels never die) Sonic game?
>
>Alright, I'll start. It's in the SatAM universe and most missions entail
>sneaking around in Robotropolis. Right from the start you have a choice of
>every 'main' freedom fighter. Think a little along the lines of Metal Gear
>Solid as far as stealth is in involved, but if you want to just fight
>SWATbots, Sonic is your best bet, though Bunnie is no slouch. Also, you
>have complete freedom to do whatever, and Robotropolis is HUGE with all
it's
>factories and even a suburb, within which many of the FF's ruined homes
are.
>And then you can cruise around Knothole in addition.
>
>Last, you make the plot. There are key elements such as the
>Hyper-Mecha-Sonic-project or Robotnik discovering Knothole during the
finale
>but otherwise, the game makes it up as you go along, even as far as your
>character switching sides and taking up work for Robotnik.
>
>I have a lot of ideas but I'm already ranting so I'll get gone.
>
>Mondo

That game sounds totally cool to me. I'd LOVE to see a game based on SatAM.
Defitently more of a RPG than just running and fighting.

Does anybody remember the computer games by Sierra? Like King's Quest, Quest
for Glory...any of those? I loved those games. You could talk to people, had
to figure out puzzles, there was nice music, you could pick up
stuff...-sigh--. Those were my favorite kinds of games. I'd love to see a
SatAM game like that. It wouldn't appeal to any action/fighting game buffs,
but that's MY dream game.

I also think another fun game is one where you actually play the bad guys
(I'm weird, huh?). I think there's this one computer game (SWATteam? It's
called something like that), where you can eithier play the SWATS or the
criminals. I've never played it, but it'd be fun to play the bad guys for
once. :)

--Ali

Cameron Kerlin

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
FRANK HANSEN wrote:

> Hi, just wondering something. What is your dream vision of the ultimate
> (well not really, sequels never die) Sonic game?

I must say I'm going to miss the classic, fast paced side scrolling fun
of thr originals. I can't imagine being able to go all that fast and
keep it easy to control in a 3D world.

> Alright, I'll start. It's in the SatAM universe and most missions entail
> sneaking around in Robotropolis. Right from the start you have a choice of
> every 'main' freedom fighter. Think a little along the lines of Metal Gear
> Solid as far as stealth is in involved, but if you want to just fight
> SWATbots, Sonic is your best bet, though Bunnie is no slouch. Also, you
> have complete freedom to do whatever, and Robotropolis is HUGE with all it's
> factories and even a suburb, within which many of the FF's ruined homes are.
> And then you can cruise around Knothole in addition.
>
> Last, you make the plot. There are key elements such as the
> Hyper-Mecha-Sonic-project or Robotnik discovering Knothole during the finale
> but otherwise, the game makes it up as you go along, even as far as your
> character switching sides and taking up work for Robotnik.
>
> I have a lot of ideas but I'm already ranting so I'll get gone.

In this case, it would be U.S made, right? Thus having nothing to do
with anything of Yuji Naka's intended stories? Thus being a ripoff of
Metal Gear Solid, a game that was so incredibly over rated it was
riddiculous? Thus making Sonic more vulnerable to anti-Sonic arguments
due to the fact the game would be based on the extremely childish SatAM
cartoon?

Wow, I sure couldn't wait for something like THAT.

-Cameron Kerlin-
(Steel Angel)
E-mail: steel...@fuse.net
AIM: StahlAngel
WebPage: http://members.tripod.com/stahlengel

Ultra Strill

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99
<Yap, Yap, Yap, SNIP!>

>Thus making Sonic more vulnerable to anti-Sonic arguments
>due to the fact the game would be based on the extremely childish SatAM
>cartoon?

Just for the fact to be arguing with you; what exactly is so childish about the
SatAM? AoStH was childish...
(On a side note; I watched a RealPlayer stream of Sonic Underground ((French
and All)) and it looks quite a bit less cheesy and gay than I figures it would)

~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~=
Ultra Strill
The Chaos-enhanced Nuisance
Ryanesia; Home of the Grand Ole' Omnipotency
"Sai ki ki, Ailomnapto!" -Me, in a Drunken Stupor of Super-hero Grandeur

FRANK HANSEN

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

Cameron Kerlin skrev i meldingen <37AE177...@fuse.net>...

>FRANK HANSEN wrote:
>>
>> Hi, just wondering something. What is your dream vision of the ultimate
>> (well not really, sequels never die) Sonic game?
>
>I must say I'm going to miss the classic, fast paced side scrolling fun
>of thr originals. I can't imagine being able to go all that fast and
>keep it easy to control in a 3D world.

Well, come September, you won't have to.

>> Alright, I'll start. It's in the SatAM universe and most missions entail
>> sneaking around in Robotropolis. Right from the start you have a choice
of
>> every 'main' freedom fighter. Think a little along the lines of Metal
Gear
>> Solid as far as stealth is in involved, but if you want to just fight
>> SWATbots, Sonic is your best bet, though Bunnie is no slouch. Also, you
>> have complete freedom to do whatever, and Robotropolis is HUGE with all
it's
>> factories and even a suburb, within which many of the FF's ruined homes
are.
>> And then you can cruise around Knothole in addition.
>>
>> Last, you make the plot. There are key elements such as the
>> Hyper-Mecha-Sonic-project or Robotnik discovering Knothole during the
finale
>> but otherwise, the game makes it up as you go along, even as far as your
>> character switching sides and taking up work for Robotnik.
>>
>> I have a lot of ideas but I'm already ranting so I'll get gone.
>>

>In this case, it would be U.S made, right?

Most likely.

Thus having nothing to do
>with anything of Yuji Naka's intended stories?

Yup. Which is why I stated it would be SatAM.

Thus being a ripoff of
>Metal Gear Solid, a game that was so incredibly over rated it was
>riddiculous?

I disagree with "overrated" myself. Of all the PSX games, only MGS, ResEvil
1'n'2 and FF7 (Haven't played eight yet) made the system worth getting. And
yes, it would be a ripoff as far as how the enemies reacted to you, yes.
Except that when you're found, you can do more besides be afraid and die if
you're Sonic.

Thus making Sonic more vulnerable to anti-Sonic arguments
>due to the fact the game would be based on the extremely childish SatAM
>cartoon?

"Childish" is your opinion. SatAM is one *helluva* lost darker than
SegaSonic is, which I gather is what you're adamantly defending from any
other form of Sonic universe.

>Wow, I sure couldn't wait for something like THAT.

Which is why I entioned that it was *my* vision of a cool Sonic game right
at the very top of the letter. Pictures are fun to look at but one really
ought to read the nice words as well.
BTW, way to contribute. *Sigh*

Dane Martin

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
>Thus making Sonic more vulnerable to anti-Sonic arguments
>due to the fact the game would be based on the extremely childish SatAM
>cartoon?

<<inserts two cents into the huge poney>>

CHILDISH SatAm cartoon?! Oh yeah... An evil part-robotic person, stealing a
very powerful roboticization process, and wanting to take over the world and
destroy it forever is REAL chidlish. The entire theme of that cartoon was
excellent, as I've said many times before, not TOO dark, and not TOO light.
This and the anime are the two Sonic universes that really stand out. (And the
anime's humurous attempt suceeded, which is a major plus.)

AoStH was good too, but it didn't have that excellent darkness that I like from
the anime and SatAm. Sure, the animation was pretty sloppy, the voices and
characters were crap, and the plots were recycled again and again, but the
series had a certain charm for me. It's just an entertaining
humurous-attempting cartoon, and I don't see why people bash it to tears.

Sonic Underground looks just as childish as AoStH, but the animation looks
excellent. It might just be as good as the SatAm, but then again, it could
stink terribly. Basing on what I've seen on the web and from special ten of the
Archie series, the entire plot seems corny. But then again, corny plots can be
saved... I've seen it in action before.

Segasonic is definently close to AoStH, but it's just a TAD darker. I never had
cared for this universe much, and I never will... Okay, maybe one day. (The SA
plot is very exciting, IMHO.) But right now, with SA as an exception, we
basically see Sonic versus Eggman's badniks, as well as the Death Egg, wins,
yadda yadda yadda. And there are only a dozen or so main characters. Even
though Sonic was originally introduced this way, this universe is very boring
to me. But, that's my opinion.

Archie is a good universe, but Sonic needs to show more emotion (Dang SEGA!),
and such. For a while, the comic was going down hill, but I think it's
returning. I think Karl Bollers has the hang of it now, and the art is under
par. Congrats!

Well, that's my two cents on the Sonic universes. I was bored, and felt like
rambling, I guess.

All compliments/criticism/flames, etc. are appreciated. *B^D

I dare you, David Bulmer, to flame me for using your smiley... ^_^

-------------------------
Dane Martin
***Member Of The AFSH Stupid Brigade***
--
"I HATE Bill Gates!"
-Ron Echidna

David Bulmer

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
In article <19990810170648...@ng-ft1.aol.com>, Dane Martin
<dan...@aol.comics> writes

> And there are only a dozen or so main characters. Even
>though Sonic was originally introduced this way, this universe is very boring
>to me. But, that's my opinion.

I think it's a good thing that there are only a dozen or so
characters. That's the way SatAm was and it seemed to work for them. I
think once you start adding more and more characters, you get.. well,
Archie.

>All compliments/criticism/flames, etc. are appreciated. *B^D
>
>I dare you, David Bulmer, to flame me for using your smiley... ^_^

A challenge! Right. *nngnghhh*

... Oh it's no good. I'm just happy by nature.

--
David Bulmer

Solly'n Hedgy

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99

Ultra Strill a écrit dans le message
<19990809021232...@ng-fs1.aol.com>...
><Yap, Yap, Yap, SNIP!>

>>Thus making Sonic more vulnerable to anti-Sonic arguments
>>due to the fact the game would be based on the extremely childish SatAM
>>cartoon?
>
>Just for the fact to be arguing with you; what exactly is so childish about
the
>SatAM? AoStH was childish...
>(On a side note; I watched a RealPlayer stream of Sonic Underground
((French
>and All)) and it looks quite a bit less cheesy and gay than I figures it
would)

>Ultra Strill

Great .....because soon, you'll can see english versions !
I guess they will launch Sonic Underground in September...

Bai Bai

Solly
~The Dream Avenue~
http://dream-avenue.simplenet.com
When The Reality Become Worst Than a Dream

rammy mirabella

May 8, 2023, 4:11:43 AM5/8/23
i'd be cool if they made an open world Sonic game that includes a dimension where you replay various sonic levels with a green hill, chemical plant and sky sanctuary skin. i'd also be cool if it took inspiration from Evangelion! call it.. Sonic Frontiers!.. wait a minute i'm 25 years too early!

VirtuousAezon

May 8, 2023, 11:37:04 PM5/8/23
It'd suck if the game was very unpolished and had poor gameplay design...