Hidden Palace

Genocide

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
Now, I know everyone wants me to shut up about beta
Sonic levels, but I just couldn't keep quiet. AJ
Freda has created (in Click 'n Create) a playable
version of Hidden Palace. Yes, you can actually
control Sonic (and make him jump). This is truly
amazing and do you know where to get it? Yes, my
site.

Now let's all say thanks to AJ Freda (Tails) for
this level!!

--

From andre.d.

Donbaddame

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
>Now, I know everyone wants me to shut up about beta
>Sonic levels, but I just couldn't keep quiet.

No. I can forgive you about it. It ain't REALLY a Beta stuff

.>AJ

>Freda has created (in Click 'n Create) a playable
>version of Hidden Palace.

HEY! That's great! KICK ASS! :-)

>Yes, you can actually
>control Sonic (and make him jump).

... am I supposed to be happy?

>This is truly
>amazing and do you know where to get it?

Nope.

>Yes, my
>site.

Well.. I guess I'll go check it out for the first time.

Frappe the Flatuating Fox:
Considered Wierd by- Swifty
Won the Mach Award for the biggest understatement of the year.
(Gassious-Fartius-Foxosus)

Genocide

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
> No. I can forgive you about it. It ain't REALLY a Beta stuff

That's good to hear :)

> HEY! That's great! KICK ASS! :-)

I'm glad you like it ;)

> ... am I supposed to be happy?

Yes, it's amazing to see Sonic jump.

> Well.. I guess I'll go check it out for the first time.

For the first time? Where have you been?

Maculation

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
That Sounds cool. I wish I had Windows.

Hey, Andre! Did you get the e-mail I sent you?
Its got a picture for you.

JSolano199

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
>Now, I know everyone wants me to shut up about beta
>Sonic levels, but I just couldn't keep quiet.

Hmm... maybe if i have someone hold him down and I get some duct tape...

>AJ
>Freda has created (in Click 'n Create) a playable

>version of Hidden Palace. Yes, you can actually
>control Sonic (and make him jump). This is truly

>amazing and do you know where to get it?

Yeah. only at:
http://www.kissmyass.com/ponies/gestapo/frtcake.html
I have one where you can SPIN DASH!

>Yes, my
>site.

Ok, Dirk, thats enough self advertisement for a millenium.

Jose Solano
----------------
"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
-Mach Hedgehog

JSolano199

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
>> Well.. I guess I'll go check it out for the first time.
>
>For the first time? Where have you been?

What, you think everyone here should have visited already, or else they are
damned to hell?

Maculation

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
Can sonic Spin-Dash?
It sounds cool. Every time I read It. I've got a macintosh, Hmmm. Mabey I could
hunt down a Softwinodws 3.1 demo from a few years ago!!!!!

Sigh,

-Sonicblur

================
| Macul...@aol.com |
|___________________\
| Vist sonic metropolis at \
| * http://sonic.fsn.net/sonic *
| and check out the new chat room! \
==========================

M StealthA

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
><HTML><PRE>Subject: Hidden Palace
>From: "Genocide" <dir...@wantree.com.au>
>Date: Tue, Dec 29, 1998 00:49 EST

>Now, I know everyone wants me to shut up about beta
>Sonic levels, but I just couldn't keep quiet.

obviously

>AJ Freda has created (in Click 'n Create)

this should be interesting..

>a playable version of Hidden Palace. Yes, you can actually
>control Sonic (and make him jump).

...thats truly... amazing.. *yawn*

>This is truly amazing

that sounds familiar...

>and do you know where to get it?

yeah, i read this post before

>Yes, my site.

dun dun dunnnnn...

>Now let's all say thanks to AJ Freda (Tails) for
>this level!!

oh well, i cant say it dont look like he tried to design it right
if i were to build the hidden palace as a new game like this, id want to play
it myself first, and have the original layout totally down, then find a way to
make the tiles right, these are kinda funky, i know they were taken out of
magazine pics though
the third thing id do is make sure i had something stable to write it in, this
definitely isnt close enough to real sonic gameplay to be of very much interest
except maybe to look at
its horribly slow, i wouldnt reccomend running it on anything lower than a p200
with 32mb ram myself, which it may still be bad on, i have a 133 with 24. but
what can i say, its a clik n create game..
i couldnt get it to run itself, i had to start it up in the games factory
instead of running its .exe, because all that would do is play the music and
freeze
the movement is so off its kinda funny, there really isnt that much to it other
than the original clik n create player movement plus a thing to make one of the
tubes work
but hes not a programmer, and the layout shows it wasnt all THAT half-assed of
an attempt.. and i have to admit, i was a little interested.. so lets give him
a hand. he basically remade the level to the best of his knowlege

>--
>
>From andre.d.
>--
>Secrets of Sonic the Hedgehog
>http://www.emulationzone.org/sections/sonic/secret
>--
>"Now, before you go mad, just don't go mad"
>- Pikachu Dan
>--

></PRE></HTML>

Maculation

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
I noticed something. If Someone else were to post the message, for example A.J.
Freda, we would not have all theese people being so sarcastic about it. Hmmm.
Interesting.

M StealthA

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: Hidden Palace
>From: macul...@aol.com (Maculation)
>Date: Tue, Dec 29, 1998 14:40 EST

is it just me, or is EVERYTHING i say being taken as an attack
there was no sarcasm in that post, and its about as constructive as my
criticism gets
the actual design was fairly decent concidering hes never seen the real level
before, and neither am i.. but im pretty sure for one, its not laid out exactly
like that, and two, it definitely used the tiles in a better way
and up at the top, i kinda MiSTed andre's post cause im bored and depressed,
not a good combination

~Stealth
the man with no signature
wait... damnit..

JussMe 1

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
>is it just me, or is EVERYTHING i say being taken as an attack.

No it's just you. Because I personally don't see anything wrong in what you
did. In fact, I agree with you on some of the things you said. Oh, and another
thing. You can't finish the level. There's this little loop that Sonic just
can't get past, and it seems he get's stuck there. Well, nobodies perfect.

Swifty Hedgehog:
"You can -do- it!... You can do it all night -LONG-!"-- The Water Boy
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Ring/1768
swiftyh...@geocities.com
jus...@aol.com

Fred E. L.

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
On 29 Dec 1998 05:49:28 GMT, "Genocide" <dir...@wantree.com.au>
wrote:

>Now, I know everyone wants me to shut up about beta

>Sonic levels, but I just couldn't keep quiet. AJ
>Freda has created (in Click 'n Create) a playable

>version of Hidden Palace. Yes, you can actually

>control Sonic (and make him jump). This is truly
>amazing and do you know where to get it? Yes, my
>site.

>Now let's all say thanks to AJ Freda (Tails) for
>this level!!

That's great! Now all we need is somebody to remake Dust Hill Zone,
Genocide City Zone, Wood Zone, and all the other lost Sonic levels.

PS: I think I know why Wood Zone was never released in the final game!

>--
>
>From andre.d.
>--
>Secrets of Sonic the Hedgehog
>http://www.emulationzone.org/sections/sonic/secret
>--
>"Now, before you go mad, just don't go mad"
>- Pikachu Dan
>--

==========
==========
Fred E. L.
==========
Visit my website:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/fredsonic
==========
Have a nice day!
==========
==========

Mark Palenik

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98

Fred E. L. wrote:

> On 29 Dec 1998 05:49:28 GMT, "Genocide" <dir...@wantree.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Now, I know everyone wants me to shut up about beta
> >Sonic levels, but I just couldn't keep quiet. AJ
> >Freda has created (in Click 'n Create) a playable
> >version of Hidden Palace. Yes, you can actually
> >control Sonic (and make him jump). This is truly
> >amazing and do you know where to get it? Yes, my
> >site.
> >
> >Now let's all say thanks to AJ Freda (Tails) for
> >this level!!
>
> That's great! Now all we need is somebody to remake Dust Hill Zone,
> Genocide City Zone, Wood Zone, and all the other lost Sonic levels.
>
> PS: I think I know why Wood Zone was never released in the final game!

Well, I think the fact that Sonic is able to jump IS truly amazing (just
like he said). I was being sarcastic...just so you know.....
I'd better leave now.

--

_____
/-------\Mark Palenik, President of

Maculation

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
>You can't finish the level. There's this little loop that Sonic just
>can't get past, and it seems he get's stuck there. Well, nobodies perfect.

If theres something that sticks, why don't you just use debug mode? Or are you
talking about the remake? I've never played it. (I'm a mac user)

Genocide

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
> If theres something that sticks, why don't you just use debug mode? Or
are you
> talking about the remake? I've never played it. (I'm a mac user)

Now, if you could tell me the debug mode cheat for Sonic 2 Beta, then I'd
happily
go to Jono's house and try it.

andre.d.

PS - There would be no point trying the debug mode in the -real- Sonic 2's
Hidden Palace, because it's just a garbled mess.

Genocide

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
> What, you think everyone here should have visited already, or else they
are
> damned to hell?

What? Haven't you been to my site!!?!?! Nooooo!!!!

Genocide

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
> Hey, Andre! Did you get the e-mail I sent you?
> Its got a picture for you.

Thanks!! Cool pictures!

JSolano199

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
>What? Haven't you been to my site!!?!?! Nooooo!!!!

Are you that blind? I never usually take any links, and much less after the
spamming you pulled off last time.

JSolano199

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
>> Hey, Andre! Did you get the e-mail I sent you?
>> Its got a picture for you.
>
>Thanks!! Cool pictures!

Great. Keep this in your ICQ or IM's, please.
This is a discussion board, not a buddy list.

Genocide

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
> Great. Keep this in your ICQ or IM's, please.
> This is a discussion board, not a buddy list.

Oh, and all this time I thought that you....never
mind Mr. "No Buddy Group"!!!

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
JSolano199 wrote...

>>What? Haven't you been to my site!!?!?! Nooooo!!!!
>>

>Are you that blind? I never usually take any links, and much less after the
>spamming you pulled off last time.

And all this time I thought you were talking about my site! ;)

The Chaos Emerald

Expect a major update at 00:00 January 1st

Maculation

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
I'm guessing its probley the same as the Sonic 1 debug, (Where you can turn it
rings and other items in the level)
but anyway, you enter Level Select, Reset the game (Rest it, DONT TURN IT OFF)
then at the title screen enter Up, C, Down, C, Left, C, Right, C till you hear
a tone (Ring Sound). Then Bring Up level select (Hold A, and press start) then
select a level, and hold A, and quickly press start. Wait till the level fully
appears before you let go.

If you did it right, the score will look funny (All Small numbers) and when
press B you will turn into a ring. To place a ring (or any other object) press
C. To turn into a diffrent object press A. While you are turned into an object,
you can move anywhere on the screen and nothing can hurt you. To turn back into
sonic, press B again.

When you are using debug mode, you can only use A and C to jump (as sonic)

-sonicblur

Fred E. L.

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
On 30 Dec 1998 06:21:17 GMT, jsola...@aol.commyass (JSolano199)
wrote:

>>What? Haven't you been to my site!!?!?! Nooooo!!!!
>>

>Are you that blind? I never usually take any links, and much less after the
>spamming you pulled off last time.

Honestly, Jose, the site IS worth at least one visit.

>Jose Solano
>----------------
>"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
> -Mach Hedgehog

==========

JSolano199

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
>Honestly, Jose, the site IS worth at least one visit.

Hey, remember that's your own opinion. Unless he payed me an excess of $20,
then I'd visit (it's been mentioned so often, just the name irritates me)

Genocide

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
I can't try it until I see Jono which will be mid-January.

Fred E. L.

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
On 31 Dec 1998 01:21:05 GMT, jsola...@aol.commyass (JSolano199)
wrote:

>>Honestly, Jose, the site IS worth at least one visit.
>
>Hey, remember that's your own opinion. Unless he payed me an excess of $20,
>then I'd visit (it's been mentioned so often, just the name irritates me)

Hell, I'd visit ANYONE's site for $20!

>Jose Solano
>----------------
>"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
> -Mach Hedgehog

==========

Alessandro Sanasi

Jan 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/1/99
On 29 Dec 98, dir...@wantree.com.au (Genocide) wrote:

> Now, I know everyone wants me to shut up about beta
> Sonic levels, but I just couldn't keep quiet. AJ
> Freda has created (in Click 'n Create) a playable
> version of Hidden Palace. Yes, you can actually
> control Sonic (and make him jump). This is truly
> amazing and do you know where to get it? Yes, my
> site.

Hm... not bad. But how do I reach all those places for which Sonic has to
_jump_ or _spin-dash_ to get to? It seems as if he can only move left and
right.

How about adding a 'debug' mode where we can move freely around the level?
;)

Bye

Alessandro
---
You get what anyone gets. You get a lifetime.