Sonic 2 Beta Update!

dirkdes

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
Since most of the people E-mailing me are people asking
"What's the highest bid?", let me say this -

Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

Though, it may seem extremely expensive, it is rare.
If someone finds another beta copy (very doubtful), the
price will be reduced significantly.

You don't need to be able to convert the game into a
rom image.

E-mail me - user...@start.com.au for further details
and _genuine_ offers.

Thank you for your time.

andre.d.

PS - I accidentally posted this article to the Sega Saturn
Newsgroup so don't scream if you find it there.

JSolano199

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
>Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
>dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

Are you fuckin crazy?! No one is stupid enough to pay $200 for two extra
levels! Hell, for that price just go buy a 64 or a PSX and a game!

Jose Solano
----------------
"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
-Mach Hedgehog

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
unless you dont celebrate either

Michael Ford

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
Waitaminute. I recall going on to an Australian WWW site ages ago where the
site owner's friend had a Beta of Sonic 2, and they were trying to convert
it to ROM format. They were also holding a competition (I forget exactly
what you had to do) where the winner wins a copy of the Beta. Would this
happen to be your site I am referring to, or is there someone else out here
in australia whose friend owns a Sonic 2 Beta also?
The obvious reason why I'm bringing this up, is simply because anyone who
has the ROM is able to make infinite copies of the ROM easily (unless of
course they run outta space :P). This would definately lower the value of
this game.
Fordy

dirkdes <dir...@wantree.com.au> wrote in article
<01be2d63$fb9f83e0$86e537cb@oemcomputer>...

> Since most of the people E-mailing me are people asking
> "What's the highest bid?", let me say this -
>

> Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
> dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
> chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98

> Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
> dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
> chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

O_o well that knocks me out...

**Icky Puu is out cold ^_-**

Wow, if you're really looking for that kind of money for it, you might be
better off going to the Auction-thingie after all... I bet you had a good
laugh at my bid... ^^;;

Fred E. L.

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
On 22 Dec 1998 05:32:48 GMT, "dirkdes" <dir...@wantree.com.au> wrote:

>Since most of the people E-mailing me are people asking
>"What's the highest bid?", let me say this -
>

>Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
>dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.

>Though, it may seem extremely expensive, it is rare.
>If someone finds another beta copy (very doubtful), the
>price will be reduced significantly.
>
>You don't need to be able to convert the game into a
>rom image.
>
>E-mail me - user...@start.com.au for further details
>and _genuine_ offers.
>
>Thank you for your time.
>
>andre.d.
>
>PS - I accidentally posted this article to the Sega Saturn
>Newsgroup so don't scream if you find it there.

==========
==========
Fred E. L.
==========
Visit my website:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/fredsonic
==========
Have a nice day!
==========
==========

Solly'n Hedgy

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98

JSolano199 a écrit dans le message
<19981222104218...@ng60.aol.com>...

>>Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
>>dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
>>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.
>
>Are you fuckin crazy?! No one is stupid enough to pay $200 for two extra
>levels! Hell, for that price just go buy a 64 or a PSX and a game!
>
>Jose Solano

Me .. I could be enough crazy to buy it $150 ... But I have lot of Sonic
stuffs to buy before.... Just like Original Sonic OAV.... or the Dreamcast
and SA...

Solly

~The Dream Avenue~
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/8096
A Dream is all what you need to keep some hope...

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
Solly'n Hedgy wrote:

Speaking about the Dreamcast, and by posting this i may get flamed by everyone
on this NG if i'm wrong (sigh), i've heard it won't be out here until 4th
quarter '99.

--
Bahamut Dragons,
King of Dragons,

This e-mail has been sent by Thunder Bolt.

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
> O_o well that knocks me out...

... cold i suppose.

Maculation

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>You don't need to be able to convert the game into a
>rom image.

I thought you said some guy was sending you a Super Magic Genie to make it into
a ROM image. Were you lie-ing?

-Sonicblur

________________________
| Macul...@aol.com |
---------------------------
| Vist sonic Metropolis: |
| http://sonic.fsn.net/sonic |
===========================

dirkdes

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
Actually, no ;). It was only $10 US less than the highest bid so far.
The highest bid was by Mike (Loon...@aol.com)

> I bet you had a good laugh at my bid... ^^;;

from andre.d.

JSolano199

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.
>Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.

Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

> Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.

Maybe we should all chip in ten bucks and just send it to somebody with a
rom-maker? ^_^;; Then we could give the original to some museum someplace
where everyone could see it ^_- I don't think we've got the organizational
skills necessary to pull off something like that though... ^^;;;;

GrnAshura

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>Speaking about the Dreamcast, and by posting this i may get flamed by
>everyone
>on this NG if i'm wrong (sigh), i've heard it won't be out here until 4th
>quarter '99.

You're correct. September '99 in the states.

Mach "The HECK?" Hedgehog,
"Hey, what is it about the gates of Hell that compels people to wander into
them?" -Crow T. Robot
--
Go here, or somthing really uncomfortable will happen!
http://members.tripod.com/~nccproductions/

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

> Actually, no ;). It was only $10 US less than the highest bid so far.
> The highest bid was by Mike (Loon...@aol.com)

Well then, in that case I happilly move my bid up to.. $80 Aus.!! Buwahaha!!
^_^

Danehog

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>You're correct. September '99 in the states.

WHY DON'T I LIVE IN JAPAN??!! WHY??!! That felt good.

Danehog

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
On 23 Dec 1998 15:43:29 GMT, jsola...@aol.commyass (JSolano199)
wrote:

>>>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

>>Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.
>>>

>Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...

Oh, sorry about that.

>Jose Solano
>----------------
>"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
> -Mach Hedgehog
>
>Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
>unless you dont celebrate either

==========

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:27:35 GMT, icky...@hotmail.com wrote:

>> Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.
>

>Maybe we should all chip in ten bucks and just send it to somebody with a
>rom-maker? ^_^;; Then we could give the original to some museum someplace
>where everyone could see it ^_- I don't think we've got the organizational
>skills necessary to pull off something like that though... ^^;;;;

I wonder if there is such a thing as a video game museum. That would
be cool! I would be a little nervous about sending $10 to some guy I
don't know, because I have virtually no way of knowing what he/she
will do with it, and what I will get out of it.

==========

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

Look on the bright side... If you lived in Japan, you couldn't get
Sonic 3D Blast until 3 years after it came out in the US.

GrnAshura

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>>>Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.
>>>>

>>Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...
>Oh, sorry about that.

Actually it is rather annoying, what you could do is just put two spaces
between the thing you're repling to and your reply, like what I'm doing right
now, or you could put your reply at the end of the last message. It's just
somthing to do so others can tell just what you're trying to say without
squinting.

>>Jose Solano
>>----------------
>>"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
>> -Mach Hedgehog
>>
>>Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
>>unless you dont celebrate either
>

>==========
>==========
>Fred E. L.
>==========
>Visit my website:
>http://www.angelfire.com/ny/fredsonic
>=========

Mach "The HECK?" Hedgehog,

Danehog

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>Look on the bright side... If you lived in Japan, you couldn't get
>Sonic 3D Blast until 3 years after it came out in the US.

Good point. Not that I'd WANT Sonic 3D Blast.(Gosh, I hate that game.)

Danehog

Danehog

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

>I wonder if there is such a thing as a video game museum. That would
>be cool! I would be a little nervous about sending $10 to some guy I
>don't know, because I have virtually no way of knowing what he/she
>will do with it, and what I will get out of it.

There IS a videogame museam in St. Louis Misouri, and I've been there.
It has all the old videogames(DK, Pac Man, excetera) and the history behind
them. They are playable, too. ;) There's around 300 of them, I'm sure. I'm
really not sure if it's there anymore because I went there when I just turned 6
(5 years ago).

Danehog

Danehog

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>Actually it is rather annoying, what you could do is just put two spaces
>between the thing you're repling to and your reply, like what I'm doing right
>now, or you could put your reply at the end of the last message. It's just
>somthing to do so others can tell just what you're trying to say without
>squinting.

Yeah, it is a little on the annoying side. I used to do that at a KIDS ONLY
board, but got some complaints.

Danehog

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
On 23 Dec 1998 22:29:03 GMT, grna...@aol.com (GrnAshura) wrote:

>>>Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...
>>Oh, sorry about that.
>

>Actually it is rather annoying, what you could do is just put two spaces
>between the thing you're repling to and your reply, like what I'm doing right
>now, or you could put your reply at the end of the last message. It's just
>somthing to do so others can tell just what you're trying to say without
>squinting.

Like this?

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

St. Louis? That's close to where I live. I have GOT to see that! Do
you know exactly where in St. Louis it is?

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

Oh, it wasn't THAT bad. I actually love that game. But everyone has
different tastes in video games.

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
Danehog wrote:

> >You're correct. September '99 in the states.
>
> WHY DON'T I LIVE IN JAPAN??!! WHY??!! That felt good.
>
> Danehog

Do you speak Japanese? That could be a real good reason: No Japanese ->
No job -> No cash -> No Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
"Fred E. L." wrote:

The best games (to me) are the RPG types, like FF or Breath of Fire. Of
course, Square Soft is the best, and Nobuo Uematsu makes the best songs
(compare to Sonic ones and =give me your opinions).

The worst are like Ogre Battle

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
Alessandro Sanasi wrote:

> On 22 Dec 98, dir...@wantree.com.au (dirkdes) wrote:
>
> > Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
> > dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good

> > chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.
>

> Wuah hah hah... dream on. Sorry to burst your bubble, but no one will
> ever pay that much for this Beta. As I already told you, it _is_ valuable
> to us fans, but not _that_ valuable. After all, all that's 'new' are two
> small levels. It would indeed be interesting to play them, but for $ 200,
> I guess it's better to buy a PSX and a bunch of used games instead. ;)
>
> Bye
>
> Alessandro
> ---
> You get what anyone gets. You get a lifetime.

True. 200$ is a little... a lot of exageration.

GrnAshura

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
>>Actually it is rather annoying, what you could do is just put two spaces
>>between the thing you're repling to and your reply, like what I'm doing
>right
>>now, or you could put your reply at the end of the last message. It's just
>>somthing to do so others can tell just what you're trying to say without
>>squinting.
>
>Like this?

Yes. That's quite better.

Alessandro Sanasi

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

JSolano199

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
>>Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...
>Oh, sorry about that.

There you go again! Try spacing between quotes, it might help.

dirkdes

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
I said if you pay that much, you have a *very* good chance
of getting it. It doesn't mean that a person can't bid less
than it. So far, the highest bid is $80 US ($131 Australian)
by Michael Stearns.

Cool, eh?

> I guess it's better to buy a PSX and a bunch of used games instead. ;)

No, it's better to buy a Sega Saturn and a bunch of *first-hand* games
instead. But since you said it was a guess, I'll let you off ;)

dirkdes

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

> Oh, it wasn't THAT bad. I actually love that game. But everyone has
> different tastes in video games.

IMO the only good thing about Sonic 3D was the Special
Stages. Too bad I couldn't find a cheat to play *only*
the special stages.

I can only dream.....

from andre.d.

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

> >Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...
> Oh, sorry about that.
> >

> >Jose Solano
> >----------------
> >"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
> > -Mach Hedgehog

Fred, you did it again! ^^; You need to get a couple spaces between your
text and the quotes, otherwise it's hard to tell where your message is.. ^_^;

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

> I wonder if there is such a thing as a video game museum. That would
> be cool! I would be a little nervous about sending $10 to some guy I
> don't know, because I have virtually no way of knowing what he/she
> will do with it, and what I will get out of it.

Exactly why it wouldn't work, 'cuz I feel the same way ^_- It's iffy
business, getting several people's money together like that... But it would
be a nice idea ^_^;

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
dirkdes wrote:

To my thinking, PSX is really, but really, better then the Saturn.

JSolano199

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
>I said if you pay that much, you have a *very* good chance
>of getting it. It doesn't mean that a person can't bid less
>than it. So far, the highest bid is $80 US ($131 Australian)
>by Michael Stearns.

Dirk: Hehe, I'm cheating them out of their money! I should have thought of this
before!

>No, it's better to buy a Sega Saturn and a bunch of *first-hand* games
>instead. But since you said it was a guess, I'll let you off ;)

He's talking to Alessandro like he's better than him. Now that's proof that
he's starting to think too highly of himself, and if we dont stop him now this
will become the official Dirkdes newsgroup!

Jose Solano