Sonic 2 Beta Update!

dirkdes

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
Since most of the people E-mailing me are people asking
"What's the highest bid?", let me say this -

Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

Though, it may seem extremely expensive, it is rare.
If someone finds another beta copy (very doubtful), the
price will be reduced significantly.

You don't need to be able to convert the game into a
rom image.

E-mail me - user...@start.com.au for further details
and _genuine_ offers.

Thank you for your time.

andre.d.

PS - I accidentally posted this article to the Sega Saturn
Newsgroup so don't scream if you find it there.

JSolano199

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
>Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
>dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

Are you fuckin crazy?! No one is stupid enough to pay $200 for two extra
levels! Hell, for that price just go buy a 64 or a PSX and a game!

Jose Solano
----------------
"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
-Mach Hedgehog

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
unless you dont celebrate either

Michael Ford

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
Waitaminute. I recall going on to an Australian WWW site ages ago where the
site owner's friend had a Beta of Sonic 2, and they were trying to convert
it to ROM format. They were also holding a competition (I forget exactly
what you had to do) where the winner wins a copy of the Beta. Would this
happen to be your site I am referring to, or is there someone else out here
in australia whose friend owns a Sonic 2 Beta also?
The obvious reason why I'm bringing this up, is simply because anyone who
has the ROM is able to make infinite copies of the ROM easily (unless of
course they run outta space :P). This would definately lower the value of
this game.
Fordy

dirkdes <dir...@wantree.com.au> wrote in article
<01be2d63$fb9f83e0$86e537cb@oemcomputer>...

> Since most of the people E-mailing me are people asking
> "What's the highest bid?", let me say this -
>

> Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
> dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
> chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98

> Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
> dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
> chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

O_o well that knocks me out...

**Icky Puu is out cold ^_-**

Wow, if you're really looking for that kind of money for it, you might be
better off going to the Auction-thingie after all... I bet you had a good
laugh at my bid... ^^;;

Fred E. L.

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
On 22 Dec 1998 05:32:48 GMT, "dirkdes" <dir...@wantree.com.au> wrote:

>Since most of the people E-mailing me are people asking
>"What's the highest bid?", let me say this -
>

>Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
>dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.

>Though, it may seem extremely expensive, it is rare.
>If someone finds another beta copy (very doubtful), the
>price will be reduced significantly.
>
>You don't need to be able to convert the game into a
>rom image.
>
>E-mail me - user...@start.com.au for further details
>and _genuine_ offers.
>
>Thank you for your time.
>
>andre.d.
>
>PS - I accidentally posted this article to the Sega Saturn
>Newsgroup so don't scream if you find it there.

==========
==========
Fred E. L.
==========
Visit my website:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/fredsonic
==========
Have a nice day!
==========
==========

Solly'n Hedgy

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98

JSolano199 a écrit dans le message
<19981222104218...@ng60.aol.com>...

>>Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
>>dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good
>>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.
>
>Are you fuckin crazy?! No one is stupid enough to pay $200 for two extra
>levels! Hell, for that price just go buy a 64 or a PSX and a game!
>
>Jose Solano

Me .. I could be enough crazy to buy it $150 ... But I have lot of Sonic
stuffs to buy before.... Just like Original Sonic OAV.... or the Dreamcast
and SA...

Solly

~The Dream Avenue~
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/8096
A Dream is all what you need to keep some hope...

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
Solly'n Hedgy wrote:

Speaking about the Dreamcast, and by posting this i may get flamed by everyone
on this NG if i'm wrong (sigh), i've heard it won't be out here until 4th
quarter '99.

--
Bahamut Dragons,
King of Dragons,

This e-mail has been sent by Thunder Bolt.

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
> O_o well that knocks me out...

... cold i suppose.

Maculation

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>You don't need to be able to convert the game into a
>rom image.

I thought you said some guy was sending you a Super Magic Genie to make it into
a ROM image. Were you lie-ing?

-Sonicblur

________________________
| Macul...@aol.com |
---------------------------
| Vist sonic Metropolis: |
| http://sonic.fsn.net/sonic |
===========================

dirkdes

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
Actually, no ;). It was only $10 US less than the highest bid so far.
The highest bid was by Mike (Loon...@aol.com)

> I bet you had a good laugh at my bid... ^^;;

from andre.d.

JSolano199

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.
>Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.

Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

> Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.

Maybe we should all chip in ten bucks and just send it to somebody with a
rom-maker? ^_^;; Then we could give the original to some museum someplace
where everyone could see it ^_- I don't think we've got the organizational
skills necessary to pull off something like that though... ^^;;;;

GrnAshura

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>Speaking about the Dreamcast, and by posting this i may get flamed by
>everyone
>on this NG if i'm wrong (sigh), i've heard it won't be out here until 4th
>quarter '99.

You're correct. September '99 in the states.

Mach "The HECK?" Hedgehog,
"Hey, what is it about the gates of Hell that compels people to wander into
them?" -Crow T. Robot
--
Go here, or somthing really uncomfortable will happen!
http://members.tripod.com/~nccproductions/

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

> Actually, no ;). It was only $10 US less than the highest bid so far.
> The highest bid was by Mike (Loon...@aol.com)

Well then, in that case I happilly move my bid up to.. $80 Aus.!! Buwahaha!!
^_^

Danehog

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>You're correct. September '99 in the states.

WHY DON'T I LIVE IN JAPAN??!! WHY??!! That felt good.

Danehog

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
On 23 Dec 1998 15:43:29 GMT, jsola...@aol.commyass (JSolano199)
wrote:

>>>chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.

>>Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.
>>>

>Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...

Oh, sorry about that.

>Jose Solano
>----------------
>"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
> -Mach Hedgehog
>
>Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
>unless you dont celebrate either

==========

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:27:35 GMT, icky...@hotmail.com wrote:

>> Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.
>

>Maybe we should all chip in ten bucks and just send it to somebody with a
>rom-maker? ^_^;; Then we could give the original to some museum someplace
>where everyone could see it ^_- I don't think we've got the organizational
>skills necessary to pull off something like that though... ^^;;;;

I wonder if there is such a thing as a video game museum. That would
be cool! I would be a little nervous about sending $10 to some guy I
don't know, because I have virtually no way of knowing what he/she
will do with it, and what I will get out of it.

==========

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

Look on the bright side... If you lived in Japan, you couldn't get
Sonic 3D Blast until 3 years after it came out in the US.

GrnAshura

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>>>Well, I'm out. Really, I was just hoping I could get the rom.
>>>>

>>Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...
>Oh, sorry about that.

Actually it is rather annoying, what you could do is just put two spaces
between the thing you're repling to and your reply, like what I'm doing right
now, or you could put your reply at the end of the last message. It's just
somthing to do so others can tell just what you're trying to say without
squinting.

>>Jose Solano
>>----------------
>>"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
>> -Mach Hedgehog
>>
>>Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
>>unless you dont celebrate either
>

>==========
>==========
>Fred E. L.
>==========
>Visit my website:
>http://www.angelfire.com/ny/fredsonic
>=========

Mach "The HECK?" Hedgehog,

Danehog

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>Look on the bright side... If you lived in Japan, you couldn't get
>Sonic 3D Blast until 3 years after it came out in the US.

Good point. Not that I'd WANT Sonic 3D Blast.(Gosh, I hate that game.)

Danehog

Danehog

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

>I wonder if there is such a thing as a video game museum. That would
>be cool! I would be a little nervous about sending $10 to some guy I
>don't know, because I have virtually no way of knowing what he/she
>will do with it, and what I will get out of it.

There IS a videogame museam in St. Louis Misouri, and I've been there.
It has all the old videogames(DK, Pac Man, excetera) and the history behind
them. They are playable, too. ;) There's around 300 of them, I'm sure. I'm
really not sure if it's there anymore because I went there when I just turned 6
(5 years ago).

Danehog

Danehog

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
>Actually it is rather annoying, what you could do is just put two spaces
>between the thing you're repling to and your reply, like what I'm doing right
>now, or you could put your reply at the end of the last message. It's just
>somthing to do so others can tell just what you're trying to say without
>squinting.

Yeah, it is a little on the annoying side. I used to do that at a KIDS ONLY
board, but got some complaints.

Danehog

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
On 23 Dec 1998 22:29:03 GMT, grna...@aol.com (GrnAshura) wrote:

>>>Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...
>>Oh, sorry about that.
>

>Actually it is rather annoying, what you could do is just put two spaces
>between the thing you're repling to and your reply, like what I'm doing right
>now, or you could put your reply at the end of the last message. It's just
>somthing to do so others can tell just what you're trying to say without
>squinting.

Like this?

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

St. Louis? That's close to where I live. I have GOT to see that! Do
you know exactly where in St. Louis it is?

Fred E. L.

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98

Oh, it wasn't THAT bad. I actually love that game. But everyone has
different tastes in video games.

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
Danehog wrote:

> >You're correct. September '99 in the states.
>
> WHY DON'T I LIVE IN JAPAN??!! WHY??!! That felt good.
>
> Danehog

Do you speak Japanese? That could be a real good reason: No Japanese ->
No job -> No cash -> No Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
"Fred E. L." wrote:

The best games (to me) are the RPG types, like FF or Breath of Fire. Of
course, Square Soft is the best, and Nobuo Uematsu makes the best songs
(compare to Sonic ones and =give me your opinions).

The worst are like Ogre Battle

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
Alessandro Sanasi wrote:

> On 22 Dec 98, dir...@wantree.com.au (dirkdes) wrote:
>
> > Update! Anyone willing to pay about $150 American
> > dollars or $200 Australian will have a EXTREMELY good

> > chance of getting the Sonic 2 Beta.
>

> Wuah hah hah... dream on. Sorry to burst your bubble, but no one will
> ever pay that much for this Beta. As I already told you, it _is_ valuable
> to us fans, but not _that_ valuable. After all, all that's 'new' are two
> small levels. It would indeed be interesting to play them, but for $ 200,
> I guess it's better to buy a PSX and a bunch of used games instead. ;)
>
> Bye
>
> Alessandro
> ---
> You get what anyone gets. You get a lifetime.

True. 200$ is a little... a lot of exageration.

GrnAshura

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
>>Actually it is rather annoying, what you could do is just put two spaces
>>between the thing you're repling to and your reply, like what I'm doing
>right
>>now, or you could put your reply at the end of the last message. It's just
>>somthing to do so others can tell just what you're trying to say without
>>squinting.
>
>Like this?

Yes. That's quite better.

Alessandro Sanasi

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

JSolano199

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
>>Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...
>Oh, sorry about that.

There you go again! Try spacing between quotes, it might help.

dirkdes

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
I said if you pay that much, you have a *very* good chance
of getting it. It doesn't mean that a person can't bid less
than it. So far, the highest bid is $80 US ($131 Australian)
by Michael Stearns.

Cool, eh?

> I guess it's better to buy a PSX and a bunch of used games instead. ;)

No, it's better to buy a Sega Saturn and a bunch of *first-hand* games
instead. But since you said it was a guess, I'll let you off ;)

dirkdes

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

> Oh, it wasn't THAT bad. I actually love that game. But everyone has
> different tastes in video games.

IMO the only good thing about Sonic 3D was the Special
Stages. Too bad I couldn't find a cheat to play *only*
the special stages.

I can only dream.....

from andre.d.

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

> >Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...
> Oh, sorry about that.
> >

> >Jose Solano
> >----------------
> >"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
> > -Mach Hedgehog

Fred, you did it again! ^^; You need to get a couple spaces between your
text and the quotes, otherwise it's hard to tell where your message is.. ^_^;

icky...@hotmail.com

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

> I wonder if there is such a thing as a video game museum. That would
> be cool! I would be a little nervous about sending $10 to some guy I
> don't know, because I have virtually no way of knowing what he/she
> will do with it, and what I will get out of it.

Exactly why it wouldn't work, 'cuz I feel the same way ^_- It's iffy
business, getting several people's money together like that... But it would
be a nice idea ^_^;

Bahamut Dragons

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
dirkdes wrote:

To my thinking, PSX is really, but really, better then the Saturn.

JSolano199

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
>I said if you pay that much, you have a *very* good chance
>of getting it. It doesn't mean that a person can't bid less
>than it. So far, the highest bid is $80 US ($131 Australian)
>by Michael Stearns.

Dirk: Hehe, I'm cheating them out of their money! I should have thought of this
before!

>No, it's better to buy a Sega Saturn and a bunch of *first-hand* games
>instead. But since you said it was a guess, I'll let you off ;)

He's talking to Alessandro like he's better than him. Now that's proof that
he's starting to think too highly of himself, and if we dont stop him now this
will become the official Dirkdes newsgroup!

Jose Solano
----------------
"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
-Mach Hedgehog

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

John Will

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

JSolano199 wrote:

> He's talking to Alessandro like he's better than him. Now that's proof that
> he's starting to think too highly of himself, and if we dont stop him now this
> will become the official Dirkdes newsgroup!
>
> Jose Solano
> ----------------
> "Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
> -Mach Hedgehog
>
> Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
> unless you dont celebrate either

Eeck...maybe I'll just keep lurking, eh?*screams and runs quickly out of the room*

Elaine Will
trem...@hotmail.com

Yasha Rris

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
Jose wrote:

>>No, it's better to buy a Sega Saturn and a bunch of *first-hand* games
>>instead. But since you said it was a guess, I'll let you off ;)
>

>He's talking to Alessandro like he's better than him. Now that's proof that
>he's starting to think too highly of himself, and if we dont stop him now
>this
>will become the official Dirkdes newsgroup!
>
>Jose Solano

Argh, that'd be the last day on earth.
AND YES Bahamut, before you go
and insult Jose, ALESSANDRO has
been here since the beginning. So,
if you insult him, you'll really look
stupid. And Dirkdees does. The first
thing you EVER do in a NG is find
out who is who. Alessandro does
a lot of stuff for StH, his webpage is
awesome, and he's a great author.
He's -very- respectable, and he also
knows about collecting stuff. If you
can't learn by common sense, at least
respect what Alessandro has to say.

Geez.

~Miyasha
Yasha Rris: BEAN DIP
YuffieKVII: ARF
--
<LampShades> Darnit, Shot, Do you know what you just did?! Evil Witch made me
think Wicked Witch, Which made me think MONKEYS WITH WINGS

Fred E. L.

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
On Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:23:32 -0400, Bahamut Dragons
<thund...@videotron.ca> wrote:

>dirkdes wrote:
>
>> I said if you pay that much, you have a *very* good chance
>> of getting it. It doesn't mean that a person can't bid less
>> than it. So far, the highest bid is $80 US ($131 Australian)
>> by Michael Stearns.
>>

>> Cool, eh?
>>
>> > I guess it's better to buy a PSX and a bunch of used games instead. ;)
>>

>> No, it's better to buy a Sega Saturn and a bunch of *first-hand* games
>> instead. But since you said it was a guess, I'll let you off ;)
>

>To my thinking, PSX is really, but really, better then the Saturn.

I would honestly say that the Saturn is better than the Playstation. I
even like it better than the Nintendo64. Too bad it's dead.

>--
>Bahamut Dragons,
>King of Dragons,
>Ignis Bahamut urere perpetuo.
>
>This e-mail has been sent by Thunder Bolt.

==========

Fred E. L.

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
On Thu, 24 Dec 1998 17:25:20 GMT, icky...@hotmail.com wrote:

>> >Fred, you're replies are heard to catch...
>> Oh, sorry about that.
>> >

>> >Jose Solano
>> >----------------
>> >"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
>> > -Mach Hedgehog
>> >

>Fred, you did it again! ^^; You need to get a couple spaces between your
>text and the quotes, otherwise it's hard to tell where your message is.. ^_^;

You're quoting one of my old messages. I'm better now, see?

==========

Fred E. L.

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

You could play only the special stages if you use the level select. On
the Sega MegaDrive/Genesis version you have to press
B,A,right,A,C,up,D,A. Then just select the special stage you want to
play. The Saturn version is different, and I'm not sure about the
codes, but you could always check out http://sages.ign.com.

Danehog

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
>IMO the only good thing about Sonic 3D was the Special
>Stages. Too bad I couldn't find a cheat to play *only*
>the special stages.

Actually, you can select them individually from the level select. But you
probably already knew that.

Danehog

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
Danehog wrote...

Sheesh, can't you tell that Andre is talking about the Sonic 3D for SATURN's
special stages? Those you can't select, as there isn't a stage select.
Ah, to relive Sonic 2...

The Chaos Emerald

dirkdes

Dec 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/25/98

> To my thinking, PSX is really, but really, better then the Saturn.

3D yes, 2D no. But we all know that it's gameplay that counts
and that's why all we need is a Saturn, Bug! and Clockwork Knight II.

Also, a PSX and Crash Bandicoot 3 would be nice with a memory
card.

Actually, why not just go to import land and get a Dreamcast and
the cool game July (NOOOO!!!!) ?

Just kidding. ;)

from andre.d.

dirkdes

Dec 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/25/98
> No, it's better to buy a Sega Saturn and a bunch of *first-hand* games
> instead. But since you said it was a guess, I'll let you off ;)

Now, before everyone goes crazy, I read later what I said above
and I was wrong. Okay? I was wrong. Sorry.

andre.d.

dirkdes

Dec 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/25/98
To: The man who sits on his "fat chair" all day.

> can't learn by common sense, at least
> respect what Alessandro has to say.

What are you talking about? Just 'cause I like
Saturn, does that mean I'm making fun of Allesandro?
No! Not at all, so get off your "fat chair" and do
something about it.

Yasha Rris

Dec 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/25/98
Dirkdes wrote:

>To: The man who sits on his "fat chair" all day.

I am NOT a man.

>What are you talking about? Just 'cause I like
>Saturn, does that mean I'm making fun of Allesandro?
>No! Not at all, so get off your "fat chair" and do
>something about it.

See what I mean? Most of the messages
today are one line responses from you
with absolutely no relvavence to anything.
It's -really- annoying. And stop with the
stupid "you're a boy, but I'm going to
call you a girl!" an vice versa, because
it does nothing but make you look stupid.

JSolano199

Dec 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/25/98
>What are you talking about? Just 'cause I like
>Saturn, does that mean I'm making fun of Allesandro?

No, it's they way you said it to Alessandro. i can't remember exactly how (my
memory's not too good), but you did say it in a pretty rude manner.

dirkdes

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
> stupid "you're a boy, but I'm going to
> call you a girl!" an vice versa, because

Sorry, now that I know that you're a female, I'll
never call you a male. I just didn't know, so I
had to take my best guess! Sorry.

from andre.d.

JSolano199

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
>I just didn't know, so I
>had to take my best guess! Sorry.

So I assume you took a guess on me too, huh?
How stupid are you to think Jose is a girls name?!

Yasha Rris

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
Jose wrote:

>>I just didn't know, so I
>>had to take my best guess! Sorry.
>>

>So I assume you took a guess on me too, huh?
>How stupid are you to think Jose is a girls name?!

Yeah, really. Please, Miyasha or Yasha
doesn't sound masculine, and I assure
you I am not Russian. And I've said
things to indicate my feminicity. At any
rate, you can always ASK someone
instead of assuming. It's really rude.

dirkdes

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
> You could play only the special stages if you use the level select. On
> the Sega MegaDrive/Genesis version you have to press
> B,A,right,A,C,up,D,A. Then just select the special stage you want to
> play. The Saturn version is different, and I'm not sure about the
> codes, but you could always check out http://sages.ign.com.

Thanks, but the Mega Drive special stages IMO were a load
of old cobblers compared to the Saturn version. Do you
have a cheat for that?

from andre.d.

dirkdes

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
> Sheesh, can't you tell that Andre is talking about the Sonic 3D for
SATURN's
> special stages? Those you can't select, as there isn't a stage select.
> Ah, to relive Sonic 2...

It's obvious I was talking about the Saturn version because the special
stages were made by Sonic Team! Yay!

from andre.d.

dirkdes

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
> So I assume you took a guess on me too, huh?
> How stupid are you to think Jose is a girls name?!

I've got one thing to say "Josey and the Pussycats".

Actually, the main reason I thought you were female
was because you said you couldn't wait for the Dane-
hog '99 model.

from andre.d.

JSolano199

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
>I've got one thing to say "Josey and the Pussycats".

THERES A Y IN THERE YOU IDIOT!

Fred E. L.

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98

Sorry, but I don't know of any cheats for the Saturn special stages.

Fred E. L.

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
On 27 Dec 1998 02:49:10 GMT, "dirkdes" <dir...@wantree.com.au> wrote:

>> THERES A Y IN THERE YOU IDIOT!
>

>Jose - Josey. What's the difference? Besides the "y"?

What's the difference? Jose is pronounced like "ho-SAY," and it is a
guys name. Josey is pronounced like "JO-see," and it is a girls name.
I'm glad we cleared this up.

Fred E. L.

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
On 27 Dec 1998 02:50:57 GMT, "dirkdes" <dir...@wantree.com.au> wrote:

>> Sorry, but I don't know of any cheats for the Saturn special stages.
>> ==========
>

>Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Fred, how could you!?
>
>andre.d.

It wasn't my fault, really! There was this guy standing behind me, and
he hit me over the head with a golf club, then he cut my ear off, and
then he shot me.

PS: Did any of that make sense? No? I didn't think so, either.

Sparrow

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
Yasha Rris wrote:

> >So I assume you took a guess on me too, huh?
> >How stupid are you to think Jose is a girls name?!

He could have pronounced it Josie. But then, you've already thought of
that, haven't you?

> Yeah, really. Please, Miyasha or Yasha
> doesn't sound masculine

I don't suppose you remember that one incident a while back, shortly
before I left? Heh, how could you forget.....

Anyhow, I know from personal experience that some people can have a hard
time deciding whether a name like Miyasha sounds masculine or feminine.
Even now, I can't picture the name being specifically masculine or
feminine. But that's just me, and it may have a lot to do with the area
in which I was raised. You must realize that I've lived a good part of
my life strictly isolated within three small towns.

Sparrow

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
JSolano199 wrote:

> >I've got one thing to say "Josey and the Pussycats".
>
> THERES A Y IN THERE YOU IDIOT!

Armor vs. Armour. You never know. It's an understandable mistake if one
has never seen the word/name before.

dirkdes

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
> THERES A Y IN THERE YOU IDIOT!

Jose - Josey. What's the difference? Besides the "y"?

dirkdes

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98

Maculation

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
> Sheesh, can't you tell that Andre is talking about the Sonic 3D for
SATURN's
> special stages? Those you can't select, as there isn't a stage select.

Yes There is a stage select!!!!!!!
(Searches through a pile of codes)
===========================
At the title screen--while the words "Press Start" are flashing---hold the C
button and press START.
Now Start the game; to use a cheat, just press START to pause the game and
press any of the following buttons:
A-Skip Ahead one stage
B-Skip Ahead Three Stages
C-Skip to Panic Puppet Zone, Act 3
X-Add one extra life
Y-Add one extra medal
Z-Earn all Choas Emeralds
==========================
Code From Tips'N'Tricks [End]
------------------------

Thats the code.

RHONDA ZEIGAFUSE

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
Fred, you forget that Jose in spanish means Joe (or Joseph in that
manner) and in this case Joe is a male name, so there for Jose is a
male. And I think that Jose will agree with me.

Brandon Michael Hedgehog

RHONDA ZEIGAFUSE

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
There is no Stage Select for S3DB (SAT) that code you have posted is for
skipping acts, adding extra lives and medals, and earning all emeralds.
If (thats a big IF mind you) that was a stage select code why isn't
there a screen showing all the zone names and acts and the special stage
option? (much like the other stage select codes of other sonic games)

Brandon Michael Hedgehog

Fred E. L.

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98

Yes, that is true.

JSolano199

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
>Jose - Josey. What's the difference? Besides the "y"?

I'd say something in a rage, but i can't since the whole newsgroup seems to be
against em and I'd be flamed like there were no tomorrow.

JSolano199

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
>What's the difference? Jose is pronounced like "ho-SAY,"

Well, actually it's pronounced Jose, but with an American accent, yes, it's
Ho-say

JSolano199

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
>Fred, you forget that Jose in spanish means Joe (or Joseph in that
>manner) and in this case Joe is a male name, so there for Jose is a
>male. And I think that Jose will agree with me.

Right you are.

Danehog

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
>St. Louis? That's close to where I live. I have GOT to see that! Do
>you know exactly where in St. Louis it is?

Sorry. As I said, I was there a long time ago. If I find out though, I'll
let you know. =)

Danehog