Nicole, help!

Dan Mahoney

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

I'm considering giving Fanfiction a try...but I have a request. I need
as much information on nicole (or is it Nicole, or N.I.C.O.L.E.) as
possible. Just dump all your files to da...@li.net. I need to know
specifications, capabilites, etc...I know it's a fictional device, but I
don't want to step on somebody else's plot.

I'd also like to know if anybody knows:

When sally got nicole (and who gave it to her).

Who built nicole (I'm assuming Chuck, but I may be wrong)...Also, who
programmed it/her.

Exactly what nicole's "Prime Directive" is

If nicole is an AI or just an interface

If nicole has any stature in The Royal Court (as an advisor, perhaps?)

--
Any decision that is not wholly informed is nothing more than a forced mandate.

-Dan Mahoney '96

Amy Lawson

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

: I'd also like to know if anyone knows:
: When Sally got Nicole. (And who gave it to her.

Well, I'm not sure of the time, but Nicole started as an orb from the
sky, untill it opeaned for Sally to find a compiter and a friend.
(Read Sally's Cursaid for more details.)
It says near the end that it was a gift from Sally, to Sally.

:Exactly what nicole's "Prime Dirrective" is.
I haven't the slightest idea what that is.

:If Nicole is an AI or just an interface.
Again I don't know what that is.

:If Nicole has any stature in the royal court (as an advisor, perhaps?)
She's Sally portable computer and friend who helps her out in tough
situations. That's what she does and how she lives.

but if you want to follow any other fanfict, Nicole turns into a
metamorph that usually goes into a bobcat form. Look up Davey Crockett's
Blood&Metal page for the stories about that part of Nicole.

Sorry if I didn't help you out enough,

-'KIX CATT'.

Chow!

Mastermind

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

Searching database....

Q: If Nicole is an AI or a interface?
A: First, define an interface compared to an AI

Q:Nicole and the Royal court...
A: There is a good question. In the Second Season of Sonic the SatAM
series, the episode called " Drood Henge" There is a revalation that
Nicole has information that is in a time lock put there by her father.
Although *sigh* I havent seen that for a long time and my be wrong.

Mastermind

24-hour facts and opinions on all that is Sonic!

Thaddeus Boyd

Jun 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/17/96

>I'd also like to know if anybody knows:
>
>When sally got nicole (and who gave it to her).

Spoiler warning...

That depends on who you ask. According to the prelude to Deadliest of
the Species (I forget the prelude's title, but I believe it was in issues
16&17 and I KNOW it was in the In-Your-Face special), Sally got Nicole
shortly before the death of her mentor, Julayla. No other explanation of
the time, though it must've been before the cartoon timeline. Anywayz,
it was a gift to Sally from HERSELF, sent back in time from a possible
future.

>Who built nicole (I'm assuming Chuck, but I may be wrong)...Also, who
>programmed it/her.

According to the aforementioned story, it was Rotor, possibly with help
from Sir Charles and some others.

>Exactly what nicole's "Prime Directive" is

<Shrugs> To serve the House of Acorn (and therefore the FF)...

>If nicole is an AI or just an interface

It (she?) has never been shown to have any intelligence, but that doesn't
mean it's not there. You could say it's just not been used, or you could
say that somebody created an AI configuration for Nicole...

>If nicole has any stature in The Royal Court (as an advisor, perhaps?)

It was never revealed in the cartoon, and, going by the storyline I
mentioned earlier, Nicole COULDN'T HAVE, on the grounds that Sally only
had it as a Freedom Fighter (she got it as an FF; it was destroyed when
Robotnik was beaten; when it was recreated she sent it through the time
warp). It was said in the cartoon that her father had apparently
programmed some information onto it, but he could've done that in the
future, before it was sent back in time...

Thad "X" Boyd
thad_...@prodigy.com
http://pages.prodigy.com/Thad_X_Boyd/

>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<
StH JJ1 AdS--- WkSArcFan tFF Sal+++i^! Bks+++i^ Bun+++"! UnC++^

Ant- Vil Pck+++^ Snv++^ Rbk+^ MetalSonic--- <VBG, J/K> Ext Knu+++i
Ngs+^ Emu--- P++ Dwf $+++ E27 Ee17 GM
>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<

Nate Hartel

Jun 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/17/96

>That depends on who you ask. According to the prelude to Deadliest of
>the Species (I forget the prelude's title, but I believe it was in
issues
>16&17 and I KNOW it was in the In-Your-Face special), Sally got Nicole
>shortly before the death of her mentor, Julayla. No other explanation
of
>the time, though it must've been before the cartoon timeline. Anywayz,

>it was a gift to Sally from HERSELF, sent back in time from a possible
>future.

It is also a POSIBLE future, so, it could have come from somewhere else.
/<I recently got a whole mess of Comics from Toys R us like 20 differn't
ones, and these were in there>\

-=\\Ashura the Hedgehog//=- ASH...@PRODIGY.COM
|Life sucks, pain hurts,|
|if you don't want to be somewhere LEAVE.|
http://pages.prodigy.com/Ashura/
"In the name of the moon, I shall pig out!!!!"-Serena/Usagi
"Why does everything have to be so Difficult?"-Sonic the Hedgehog

CptDallas

Jun 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/17/96

OK, according to the mythology of the Sonic comic... one night Sally is
looking up to the sky when this big sphere (white, it looks like a giant
pearl) falls out of the darkness and crashes into the ground. A couple of
nights later, the pearl finally opens up. Inside is... Nicole! Why is
she there? She says something to the effect of her purpose is to be
Sally's friend, if Sal will let her. Well, later the secret of where she
came from is revealed... during the final decisive battle with Robotnik,
far in the future, Nicole is all but destroyed, though in the end the
Freedom Fighters defeat Robotnik. Years pass after this... Sonic and
Sally are married, have children, etc... until finally, after years of
work using the advanced technology of the future, Rotor manages to repair
Nicole so that she is "as good as new". When he is done, they place
Nicole into the big pearl. And then they send her back in time, so she
can fall from the sky and Sally can find her all over again. However, it
also says in the end of this comic that this future shown is one of many
*possible* futures. Still, in the end, Sal found Nicole when she dropped
out of the sky, and that's it. At least for the comic... for the show,
who knows?
Doug

Micheal A Crawley

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

Hmm I seem to remember that episode. Nicole did have a time lock to have
come off on Sally's 18th birthday if I remember correctly. Of all people
it was Sonic through reasoning with Nicole was able to have the time lock
overidden and the information given.

Vipoer aka cra...@selway.umt.edu

Nate Hartel

Jun 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/20/96

>The episode was "Drood Henge". By such logic, it would appear that
>Nicole had been around longer than shown in the comic, but again, the In-

>Your-Face special showed that King Acorn was alive and well, and thus he

>(or even Sally herself) could have put in the safeguard as somewhat of a

>test.

Well, what I've always beleaved is that Sonic Comic and Sonic Sat AM were
2 differn't universes that looked the same, their both very differn't
from each other. One Nicole was given to Sally in the past on was <May be,
it was only a POSSIBLE future, remember that>from the future.

Your Maryland Sailor Moonie/Sonic fan |http://pages.prodigy.com/Ashura/

"In the name of the moon, I shall pig out!!!!"-Serena/Usagi
"Why does everything have to be so Difficult?"-Sonic the Hedgehog

"WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -Serena/Usagi

Thaddeus Boyd

Jun 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/20/96

>> Q:Nicole and the Royal court...
>> A: There is a good question. In the Second Season of Sonic the SatAM
>> series, the episode called " Drood Henge" There is a revalation that
>> Nicole has information that is in a time lock put there by her father.

>> Although *sigh* I havent seen that for a long time and my be wrong.
>>
>> Mastermind
>>
>> 24-hour facts and opinions on all that is Sonic!
>>

>Hmm I seem to remember that episode. Nicole did have a time lock to
have
>come off on Sally's 18th birthday if I remember correctly. Of all
people
>it was Sonic through reasoning with Nicole was able to have the time
lock
>overidden and the information given.

The episode was "Drood Henge". By such logic, it would appear that

Nicole had been around longer than shown in the comic, but again, the In-
Your-Face special showed that King Acorn was alive and well, and thus he
(or even Sally herself) could have put in the safeguard as somewhat of a
test.

Thaddeus Boyd

Jun 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/25/96

I don't disagree, Ash, but it's a lot simpler for some authors to assume
it's all one universe...