Sonic 2 Beta ROM

Fred E. L.

Jan 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/1/99
On Sat, 02 Jan 1999 03:22:27 GMT, "S.W." <simo...@home.com> wrote:

>No need to pay $150 or so, I posted it to alt.binaries.emulators.sega.
>:) I think it might interest some people since it's free. I appologize
>if I wasted your time. (Please, don't flame me)

How do I download it? Please, somebody tell me, quick!
==========
==========
Fred E. L.
==========
Visit my website:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/fredsonic
==========
Have a nice day!
==========
==========

Fred E. L.

Jan 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/1/99
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
I downloaded it, and it works!

On Sat, 02 Jan 1999 04:17:42 GMT, "S.W." <simo...@home.com> wrote:

>Here you go,
>http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Ring/3900/Sonic2.zip
>
>"Fred E. L." 的內容為:

S.W.

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99

Genocide

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99
Say what?

--
From andre.d.

S.W.

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99

"Fred E. L." 的內容為:

Genocide

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99
I'LL KILL YOU!!! YOU HAVE THE ROM!!!
Yep, it's the right rom!!!

If you do the Sonic 1 level select, you can access
Wood Zone, Hidden Palace, Genocide City etc.

There is a way to play split-screen mode on some of the
zones if you press B+Start in level select. To make the
levels set at night, press c+start.

Now it's more fun thanks to me!!!

S.W.

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99
I know where to look for ROMs don't I :)

Actually, a simply A+Start will activate the stage select (no need to do
those up up up down left right thing). Don't worry... I think people
will still buy your cart, we know it is rare.

Genocide 的內容為:

--

--Simon Wai (aka S.W. or XP19)
.------------------------------.-------------------------.

Genocide

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99
> I know where to look for ROMs don't I :)

Where exactly? Please tell me where you got the rom.
I wanna know if someone else owns a beta cart besides
Jono.

S.W.

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99
Here: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/3676/sega.html
But the page is in CHINESE. He didn't say it's "Sonic 2 Beta", just
"Sonic 2".

Genocide 的內容為:

S.W.

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99
And I'm 95% sure that guy does not own the actual cart. SMD was VERY
popular over there, and people can get a ROM in almost any video game
store just for, less than usd$1 (yes, one buck, if you provide a disk).
Sonic 2 Beta ROM was available in most video game store.

How do I know so much? I used to live there...

"S.W." 的內容為:

Johnny Wallbank

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99
On Sat, 02 Jan 1999 06:26:35 GMT, "S.W." <simo...@home.com> wrote:

>Here: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/3676/sega.html
>But the page is in CHINESE. He didn't say it's "Sonic 2 Beta", just
>"Sonic 2".

Err... I searched the page up and down, but I didn't say any 'Sonic 2'
(or at least, in English), but Sonic 3 was found, did the web master
make sort of mistake and but Sonic 3 instead of 2?

--
Sonikku
ANTI SPAM - REPLY TO SONI...@CABLEOL.CO.UK

S.W.

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99
"超音鼠 2" means Sonic 2. The beta ROM was falsely (and widely)
distributed in Hong Kong as the final version, so I started looking for
it in some Asian pages and I found it :) Also the final version's MD
code is MD8347, so I was pretty sure it's a beta when I upzipped the
file (MD8123).

Johnny Wallbank 的內容為:

JSolano199

Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
>I'LL KILL YOU!!! YOU HAVE THE ROM!!!

What, you think you're the only one?

Jose Solano
----------------
"Bizarre? Yes. Weird? Yes. Pointless? Sometimes"
-Mach Hedgehog

GrnAshura

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
<snippy>
>Genocide City

I thought that was a level in Sonic 1.

Mach Twain
"I don't know about you, but I have alot of love for old women digging through
garbage cans, they saved my life so many times as a baby." -Emo Phillips
--
With Content on loan from God:
http://members.tripod.com/~nccproductions/

Genocide

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
> I thought that was a level in Sonic 1.

Really?
:eats a cow:

--
From andre.d.
--
Secrets of Sonic the Hedgehog
http://www.emulationzone.org/sections/sonic/secret
--

E-mail me if you want to buy the Sonic 2 Beta.
Good Condition, with cover.

Maculation

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
>> I thought that was a level in Sonic 1.
>
>Really?
>:eats a cow:

It was in Sonic 1 at one time. I heard if you did not get all 6 emeralds, you
could play it.

After looking at the beta, does anyone else think it was built off of the same
code that Sonic 1 was made it? If you Get A game over it show Sonic 1's sega
logo.