This one's just for fun...

1 view

J Kaner

Mar 14, 2010, 3:12:17 AM3/14/10
Why do things suddenly change on pooters? For example...

When I click on the internet icon on me desktop, I.E opens up fully. The
middle icon in the very top right corner in-between 'minimize' and 'close'
has two little boxes and says 'restore down'. It'll do that for months
at a time. Then all of a sudden with no tinkering from me, I do the same
thing and it opens up but only, like, halfway. The top right corner middle
icon has one big square and says 'maximize' when yer curser hovers over it.

Does it a lot more with I.E and Windows mail. Does it on some other
programs too but a lot rarer than the internet ones.

Or, like, here in Windows mail...

I have it set up to send straight away when I click on the 'send' icon on
this post. And that's what it usually does. Then out of the blue it starts
to send the post (e-mail too) to the outbox first where it stays until I
leave AFS, go to the outbox and send 'em from there. I haven't told it to
do that, it just did it.

Why do this happen? Is it something I do, without realizing? Or is it
something that's out of my hands? Glitches? Been hacked? What??

Like I said, this one's just for fun but I am curious as to what's going on
here.

Albert Ross

Mar 14, 2010, 5:35:23 AM3/14/10
Happens on mine, but I don't use IE or outlook. I get windows explorer
doing odd things. It's obviously some registry setting getting changed,
but why, who knows? All virus checkers I've tried have given my machine
a clean bill of health, (and have all found some and missed others of a
series of infections on other people's machines I've cleaned up for
them, so don't put your faith in a single scanner).

There are some free system checkers you can get from the Microsift
shite, Checksys , regmon, and tcpview. I suggest if you get worried
about odd behaviour, open up TCPvierw and keep it running. It'll show
you all outside IP adresses your machine is either listening for or
actively talking to. Use Sam Spade or similar to check each IP address
you find open.

Of course, it might just be a hangover from the last time you spilt
orange-juice into ( ahem - wanked over - ) your keyboard. Once upon a
time you could splatter the screen, and now you can only splatter your
space-bar. It's a sign of old age, when you can't get the muzzle
velocity any more.

Grant

Mar 14, 2010, 11:04:29 AM3/14/10

"J Kaner" <ski...@will.com> wrote in message
Its MI5 they peer in to your computer from time to time looking for bombs
and the like, I only find that the settings get changed if the office boy
grade 1 has a look around, school boy error but at least we know you've been
looking when they do that.

J Kaner

Mar 16, 2010, 11:15:38 PM3/16/10

" Grant" <Gr...@Mcleod40.fsnet.co.ku.com> wrote in message

Yeah well if I catch 'em in here again they'll be going home in a fucking
ambulance!! I don't fuck about, me ya know!! YEAH!!!!

J Kaner

Mar 16, 2010, 11:18:51 PM3/16/10

"Albert Ross" <alber...@btconnect.com> wrote in message

Heh! Once upon a time, only a decade or so ago, I could hit the bedroom
wall behind me from the bed. And it was a big headboard!!
Cheers for the advice, Al. I'll give it a try. Like I said, I just find it
funny how shit changes all of a sudden for no reason... well, any reason I
know of...