"Justice Department investigating Southern Baptist Convention for handling of sex abuse cases"

David Hartung

Aug 14, 2022, 5:46:17 AM8/14/22
https://www.foxnews.com/us/justice-department-investigating-southern-baptist-convention-handling-sex-abuse-cases

[...]
The Department of Justice is investigating the largest protestant
denomination in the country.

Leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention were vague about what the
investigation entails, though they suggested it would focus on questions
of how the SBC Executive Committee has handled accusations of sexual
abuse within the church.
[...]

ed...@post.com

Aug 14, 2022, 8:23:30 AM8/14/22
So it's not only Catholic religious freaks that are sex perverts, it's Protestants too. In fact, it's all religious freaks. And they have the nerve to criticize and condemn LGBTQers. Oh, the religious freak hypocrisy of it all. And all the more reason why their phony "religious beliefs" should never outweigh the rights of others.

Mitchell Holman

Aug 14, 2022, 9:20:05 AM8/14/22
"ed...@post.com" <ed...@post.com> wrote in

> On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 5:46:17 AM UTC-4, David Hartung wrote:
>> https://www.foxnews.com/us/justice-department-investigating-southern-b
>> apt
> ist-convention-handling-sex-abuse-cases
>>
>> [...]
>> The Department of Justice is investigating the largest protestant
>> denomination in the country.
>>
>> Leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention were vague about what the
>> investigation entails, though they suggested it would focus on
>> questions
>
>> of how the SBC Executive Committee has handled accusations of sexual
>> abuse within the church.
>> [...]
>
> So it's not only Catholic religious freaks that are sex perverts, it's
> Protestants too.

It's Hartung's fellow Lutherans too.

Lutheran Pastor Jailed on Suspicion of Child Porn Charges
Oct 28, 2016
http://tinyurl.com/y9j3emhn

Lutheran minister admits molesting girls in WI & MN
March 20, 2014
http://tinyurl.com/patfjea

Disgraced Lutheran minister admits to allegations
July 18
http://tinyurl.com/z8s4wkf

Ex-pastor of Lutheran church in St. Peters sentenced
to 7 years for possessing child porn
Mar 18, 2015
http://tinyurl.com/gvxzu7n

Pastor resigns after admitting inappropriate sexual behavior
Aug. 11, 2018
http://tinyurl.com/ydderbq3

Pastor charged with child enticement in Oshkosh
Apr 19, 2016
http://tinyurl.com/hb23kfp

Ex Norfolk pastor gets 3 years for child porn
Nov 6, 2013
http://tinyurl.com/z6e4cx7

Five arrested on child pornography charges,
including pastor from Lutheran church
NOV 20 2018
http://tinyurl.com/y9vbamsz

Pastor at seminar charged with attempting sex with child
April 20, 2016
http://tinyurl.com/zohkgvv

Former pastor pleads guilty in child sex abuse case
June 25, 2014
http://tinyurl.com/h7ux4cn

Westgate minister pleads guilty to sex abuse charges
Nov 4, 2010
http://tinyurl.com/z682x6l

David Hartung

Aug 14, 2022, 9:39:25 AM8/14/22
Several things:

First about half of these links are bad.

Second the most recent link is almost four years old.

Most importantly the investigation referred to in the article is about
how the national body handled accusations of sexual abuse/misconduct.
You are invited to show that any national Lutheran body, especially my
own (the LCMS) has covered up these incidents when they occur.

Mitchell Holman

Aug 14, 2022, 10:20:38 AM8/14/22
David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com> wrote in
Oh dear, you are right.

Let's update it, shall we?

Lutheran Pastor Sentenced for Distribution
of Child Pornography
October 1, 2021
https://tinyurl.com/ym8xnnpm

Lutheran Pastor Among 5 Arrested By SFPD On
Child Porn Offenses
NOVEMBER 21, 2018
https://tinyurl.com/mr45ea7b

Lutheran pastor from Godfrey gets 7+ years
for child porn
Sep 30, 2021
https://tinyurl.com/34hrtw4y

Former Strasburg minister charged with sex
offenses against teen girl
Apr 29 2021
https://tinyurl.com/ysc9hhux

Former Grace Lutheran teacher accused of touching
student inappropriately pleads guilty to battery
charge
Feb 20, 2020
https://tinyurl.com/4j38t5ha

Lutheran church in Marilla and ex-pastor
sued over alleged sex abuse
Aug 3, 2020
https://tinyurl.com/y29x5hwb

Siri Cruise

Aug 14, 2022, 3:47:48 PM8/14/22
In article <wPGdnaS2GaAyZ2X_...@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> Second the most recent link is almost four years old.

When was that fatwa from Iran?

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

governo...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2022, 4:16:38 PM8/14/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 04:46:12 -0500, David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com>
wrote:
. . . and soon it will be found that sexual abuse, especially child
sexual abuse is rampant among the devout of all religions.

Swill
--
"Every investigation thus far makes one conclusion abundantly clear:
Secretary Clinton's fundamental lack of judgment and wanton disregard

governo...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2022, 4:18:39 PM8/14/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 13:18:05 +0000, Mitchell Holman
<noe...@verizon.net> wrote:

>"ed...@post.com" <ed...@post.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 5:46:17 AM UTC-4, David Hartung wrote:
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/us/justice-department-investigating-southern-b
>>> apt
>> ist-convention-handling-sex-abuse-cases
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> The Department of Justice is investigating the largest protestant
>>> denomination in the country.
>>>
>>> Leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention were vague about what the
>>> investigation entails, though they suggested it would focus on
>>> questions
>>
>>> of how the SBC Executive Committee has handled accusations of sexual
>>> abuse within the church.
>>> [...]
>>
>> So it's not only Catholic religious freaks that are sex perverts, it's
>> Protestants too.
>

> It's Hartung's fellow Lutherans too.

Lutherans *are* Protestants. Luther himself was the Original
Protestant, so to speak.

Swill

David Hartung

Aug 14, 2022, 4:55:32 PM8/14/22
On 8/14/22 15:15, governo...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 04:46:12 -0500, David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/us/justice-department-investigating-southern-baptist-convention-handling-sex-abuse-cases
>>
>> [...]
>> The Department of Justice is investigating the largest protestant
>> denomination in the country.
>>
>> Leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention were vague about what the
>> investigation entails, though they suggested it would focus on questions
>> of how the SBC Executive Committee has handled accusations of sexual
>> abuse within the church.
>> [...]
>
> . . . and soon it will be found that sexual abuse, especially child
> sexual abuse is rampant among the devout of all religions.

More so than among the unchurched?

Prove it.

governo...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2022, 6:53:17 PM8/14/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 12:47:45 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In article <wPGdnaS2GaAyZ2X_...@giganews.com>,
> David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Second the most recent link is almost four years old.
>
>When was that fatwa from Iran?

<chuckle>

Swill

governo...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2022, 6:54:32 PM8/14/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 15:55:25 -0500, David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com>
Why should I prove something I never said?

Why don't you prove you're human and drop dead?