"The only solution is WWIII" - Christian publisher Jack Chick

1 view

Rocketman

Dec 29, 2004, 1:54:02 AM12/29/04
The Church of Christ that I attended when I was young used to distribute
Christian comic tracts from Chick Publications. Here's the URL for one of
his recent tract publications, entitled "Squatters."

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1019/1019_01.asp

In this tract, Chick ominously pronounces: "...Arab gangsters...have made
peace impossible. The only solution is WWIII."

Is this what Christian fundies are teaching their kids? Does anybody else
get a cold chill when fundamentalist publications - aimed at indoctrinating
kids - begin to openly advocate anti-semitic "solutions" that involve World
Wars?

Ironically, in that same tract, Jack Chick openly villifies Hitler for
killing Jews. I guess it's OK to call for mass slaughter, as long as it's
Arabs that you're slaughtering. These plainly genocidal beliefs are
frequently echoed here on Usenet, and elsewhere, by fundie Christians.

pain.

Dec 29, 2004, 2:07:53 AM12/29/04
Rocketman posted:

> The Church of Christ that I attended when I was young used to distribute
> Christian comic tracts from Chick Publications.

The ones where dotted characters named "Bob" witnessed the Rapture, and
then was subjected to torment of HELL?

Did those work on you?

> In this tract, Chick ominously pronounces: "...Arab gangsters...have
> made peace impossible. The only solution is WWIII."
>
> Is this what Christian fundies are teaching their kids?

Likely as ineffective.

MonkeyHawk

Dec 29, 2004, 2:13:03 AM12/29/04

"Rocketman" <rock...@bikerider.com> wrote

I *love* Chick tracts!

Great for laughs! Until you stop to think there are people who believe
them.

JAS

Dec 29, 2004, 5:15:59 AM12/29/04
When dealing with these people the first thing you must understand is
that they seriously, deeply, really do believe their interpretation of
the bible. They believe:
-- Jesus lives in heaven with god
-- Jesus will return to Earth one day and will call to him all those who
believe in him
-- At that time there will be a huge war involving --literally and
actually -- the entire world. Vast armies will be lined up behind Jesus
on one side and Satan on the other.
-- It gets complicated but, eventually, Jesus will win, the Earth will
be destroyed, and all true believers will go to heaven.

You need to read about "premillenial dispensationalism" and about "end
times" -- it's all there. They really do believe it. Thus, they
believe that WW III is a positive event because it is part of god's plan
to return Jesus to Earth and restore "his kingdom."

Don't laugh. They believe it and they have a president who believes it,
too.

JAS

MonkeyHawk

Dec 29, 2004, 6:18:56 AM12/29/04
"JAS" <Nob...@nowhere.net> wrote

And this is the point that rational people miss: Evangelical and
fundamental Christians really, *really* believe it. Literally.
Devil-in-red-suit-and-horns literally. Big God sitting on a Big Throne
(although Chick tracts never show "His" face), reading from a Big Book
before casting sinners into a Big Lake of Fire and Brimstone literally.

Now, I believe everybody has a right to believe in whatever they conceive to
be the moral hierarchy of the Universe. I was raised in the Presbyterian
Church and respect the mythology of the Judeo-Christian ethic. The
symbolism of scriptures -- hell, that's why Jesus taught with parables...to
simplify complex, imponderable truths -- has an immutable place in our
culture. Like the Santa Claus myth, it's fine to identify with the spirit
of giving, of naughty-and-nice lists, of flying reindeer, et al. But if you
believe the Santa Claus myth literally, the way fundamentalist evangelicals
believe Bible myths, no one would go Christmas shopping because everyone
would expect an aerodynamically-implausible Scandinavian-herd-animal-powered
aircraft to land on every rooftop in the world.

Myths certainly have their place, but reality is not one of them.

One of the scariest things George WMD Bush ever said was that he didn't care
how history would judge his presidency. "We'll all be dead," he said. He
said it because he believes it. He believes it because he read it (or, more
likely, someone else read it and told him about it) in Revelation that Jesus
is coming and there soon won't be anymore history. And he has the power to
make happen.

stan

Dec 29, 2004, 6:48:32 AM12/29/04

"MonkeyHawk" <monke...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Some biblical scholar may correct me on this, but I believe Jesus made a
clear distinction between times he was speaking in a parable to teach a
moral lesson, and when he was speaking of literal truths, places or events;
so I'm not sure it's fair to characterize supernatural things from the bible
as merely "myths" that are used to make "complex, imponderable truths"
understandable.

Also, it's not quite fair to take the views of this wacko "Chick" and
attribute them to all Christians. Most of them don't think the Catholic
church was created by Satan, and most don't believe that the "only solution
is WWIII".

Submariner

Dec 29, 2004, 7:59:39 AM12/29/04

"MonkeyHawk" <monke...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Like George W. Bush, for instance.

Alabama Pete

Dec 29, 2004, 8:48:21 AM12/29/04
JAS <Nob...@nowhere.net> wrote in news:

> When dealing with these people the first thing you must understand is
> that they seriously, deeply, really do believe their interpretation of
> the bible. They believe:
> -- Jesus lives in heaven with god
> -- Jesus will return to Earth one day and will call to him all those
> who believe in him
> -- At that time there will be a huge war involving --literally and
> actually -- the entire world. Vast armies will be lined up behind
> Jesus on one side and Satan on the other.
> -- It gets complicated but, eventually, Jesus will win, the Earth will
> be destroyed, and all true believers will go to heaven.
>
> You need to read about "premillenial dispensationalism" and about "end
> times" -- it's all there. They really do believe it. Thus, they
> believe that WW III is a positive event because it is part of god's
> plan
> to return Jesus to Earth and restore "his kingdom."
>
> Don't laugh. They believe it and they have a president who believes
> it, too.
>
> JAS

Generally everything you said has been laid out in God's plan in
Revelation. God loves His people and that is why he has told us IN
ADVANCE of his plans. We are living in the last days, friends, and
all we have to do is accept Jesus and be saved, and he will take us
up BEFORE "all hell breaks loose" during the Tribulation.

--
Visit the Christian Defense League Website
http://www.cdlreport.com/

Kyle Daulton

Dec 29, 2004, 9:02:17 AM12/29/04

"Alabama Pete" <psm...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

beber

Dec 29, 2004, 9:09:16 AM12/29/04

Thought I'd pass on this message of hope to you. I have a friend in
college, he's 6-4 and blond and very, very handsome. He says fundy
girls fuck too.

MonkeyHawk

Dec 29, 2004, 9:36:38 AM12/29/04

"Alabama Pete" <psm...@bellsouth.net> wrote in

> Generally everything you said has been laid out in God's plan in

> Revelation. God loves His people and that is why he has told us IN
> ADVANCE of his plans. We are living in the last days, friends,

Crackpots have been claiming "we are living in the last days" for 2,000
years now. We're now to believe you because...?

> ...and

> all we have to do is accept Jesus and be saved, and he will take us

Well actually, only 144,000 of you.

I, for one, believe "Alabama Pete" is one of the 144,000 most worthy
Christians of all time.

I also believe in the Tooth Fairy.

> up BEFORE "all hell breaks loose" during the Tribulation.

In case of Rapture, I get your stuff.

Of course, if you really believed all this crap, you'd give me all your
stuff now and *really* be prepared for the 2nd Coming.

Submariner

Dec 29, 2004, 10:06:40 AM12/29/04

"stan" <ma...@at.org> wrote in message

Obviously, because Catholics *are* Christians, and *they* don't believe their
church
was created by Satan.

But, the salient point here is that the *POTUS does* share the same views as
this
wacko, "Chick".

pain.

Dec 29, 2004, 11:33:30 AM12/29/04
beber posted:

;p

Sure, but then they tell their HUSBANDS....

pain.

Dec 29, 2004, 11:35:19 AM12/29/04
MonkeyHawk posted:

> One of the scariest things George WMD Bush ever said was that he
> didn't care how history would judge his presidency. "We'll all be
> dead," he said. He said it because he believes it. He believes it
> because he read it (or, more likely, someone else read it and told him
> about it)

Thank Billy Graham for that.

pain.

Dec 29, 2004, 11:37:26 AM12/29/04
stan posted:

> Some biblical scholar may correct me on this, but I believe Jesus made
> a clear distinction between times he was speaking in a parable to
> teach a moral lesson, and when he was speaking of literal truths,
> places or events; so I'm not sure it's fair to characterize
> supernatural things from the bible as merely "myths" that are used to
> make "complex, imponderable truths" understandable.

I'm no theologian, but I'm hip enough to know that anything passed down
through 2000 years by word of mouth is unreliable.

For instance, there was no place called Nazareth when Jesus was alive.

There was a sect called the Nazarenes, however.

Not a small distinction.

Mindless Drewling Libruls

Dec 29, 2004, 11:39:43 AM12/29/04

"pain." <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

> stan posted:
>
>> Some biblical scholar may correct me on this, but I believe Jesus made
>> a clear distinction between times he was speaking in a parable to
>> teach a moral lesson, and when he was speaking of literal truths,
>> places or events; so I'm not sure it's fair to characterize
>> supernatural things from the bible as merely "myths" that are used to
>> make "complex, imponderable truths" understandable.
>
> I'm no theologian, but I'm hip enough to know that anything passed down
> through 2000 years by word of mouth is unreliable.

What evidence do you feel you have that Alexander the Great ever existed?

pain.

Dec 29, 2004, 11:41:02 AM12/29/04
Kyle Daulton posted:

> God loves His people and that is why he has told us IN
>> ADVANCE of his plans. We are living in the last days, friends, and
>> all we have to do is accept Jesus and be saved, and he will take us
>> up BEFORE "all hell breaks loose" during the Tribulation.
>
> Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

Hey, he provided you with a clarifier; his name's ALABAMA Pete, after all.

pain.

Dec 29, 2004, 11:42:40 AM12/29/04
Mindless Drewling Libruls posted:

>> I'm no theologian, but I'm hip enough to know that anything passed
>> down through 2000 years by word of mouth is unreliable.
>

> What evidence do you feel you have that Alexander the Great ever
> existed?

I'm not disputing his existence, sweetheart. I just won't testify as to his
shoe size.

Funny, I'd more believe his shoe size than the possibility that he was born
to a virgin. Man, how many girls throughout history wish they'd thought of
THAT one...

Lamont Cranston

Dec 29, 2004, 11:43:34 AM12/29/04
pain. wrote:

> stan posted:
>

>>Some biblical scholar may correct me on this, but I believe Jesus made
>>a clear distinction between times he was speaking in a parable to
>>teach a moral lesson, and when he was speaking of literal truths,
>>places or events; so I'm not sure it's fair to characterize
>>supernatural things from the bible as merely "myths" that are used to
>>make "complex, imponderable truths" understandable.
>

> I'm no theologian, but I'm hip enough to know that anything passed down
> through 2000 years by word of mouth is unreliable.
>

> For instance, there was no place called Nazareth when Jesus was alive.

"Archeological excavations conducted in Nazareth (by Bagati since 1955)
show that Nazareth was a small agricultural village settled by a few
dozen families.

The pottery remains testify to a continuous settlement during the period
600-900 BCE. After those years, there was a break in settlement until
the year 200 BCE.

Since then, the site of Nazareth has been consistently inhabited. Most
of the archeological finds consist of caves, cisterns and grain storage
bins. The agricultural character of the site is made obvious with the
discoveries of oil mills and mill stones. There were a large number of
underground rooms because the soft chalk of Nazareth made it easy to hew
caves.

Nazareth is located between the open space of the Jezreel valley and the
mountainous regions of the Galilee."

www.inisrael.com/tour/nazareth/history.htm

> There was a sect called the Nazarenes, however.

"It is needless to say that the people of Judea had never heard of Nazareth.

And from this we understand the reason that Pontius Pilate decorates the
cross with the sign "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" (John 19:19) -
meaning that the "King of the Jews" is from "nowhere." The early name
"Nazarenes" given to the Christians might have been a derogatory
nickname that the people of Judea gave to the followers of Jesus
(Matthew 26:71, Acts 6:38)."

www.inisrael.com/tour/nazareth/history.htm

> Not a small distinction.

Mindless Drewling Libruls

Dec 29, 2004, 11:45:01 AM12/29/04

> Mindless Drewling Libruls posted:
>
>>> I'm no theologian, but I'm hip enough to know that anything passed
>>> down through 2000 years by word of mouth is unreliable.
>>

>> What evidence do you feel you have that Alexander the Great ever
>> existed?
>

> I'm not disputing his existence, sweetheart. I just won't testify as to
> his
> shoe size.

Nobody was speaking of the shoe size of Jesus of Nazareth either, so your
earlier point just collapsed down around your ankles.

pain.

Dec 29, 2004, 11:55:02 AM12/29/04
Mindless Drewling Libruls posted:

> Nobody was speaking of the shoe size of Jesus of Nazareth either, so
> your earlier point just collapsed down around your ankles.

You're too shallow for this conversation, as 'witnessed' (tee-hee) by
the fact that you clipped my clarification.

Long Juan

Dec 29, 2004, 11:57:51 AM12/29/04

Who line up all down the block....

Long Juan

Dec 29, 2004, 12:13:08 PM12/29/04

Credible contemporaneous documents, all of which your little godling
lacks.

Political Pagan

Dec 29, 2004, 12:31:42 PM12/29/04
"pain." <m...@privacy.net> wrote in

The ones I had in college didn't have husbands, and you would be surprised
at how much they liked threesomes with other women. So much for the
Christian belief in heterosexuality.

--
"It's interesting. I see all these political ads and all these
commentators say it's our job as Americans to vote. Let me tell

Roedy Green

Dec 29, 2004, 1:13:34 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:15:59 -0500, JAS <Nob...@nowhere.net> wrote or
quoted :

>-- Jesus lives in heaven with god
>-- Jesus will return to Earth one day and will call to him all those who
>believe in him

Improbable as that sounds, if you are told that often enough as a
young child it becomes an irrefutable fact.

Think about a time when a child was grieving over the death of a loved
one. It is hard NOT to make up bullshit stories to make the child feel
better.

Christianity is wishful thinking. There is way more evidence for the
existence of a living Elvis and alien abductions than for the promises
of the bible. Yet people continue on this thinnest thread of hope.
They so desperately want the stories to be true and so desperately
fear the wrath of the perfectionist God. They won't give up these
fears because even if there is only a 1 is 1000 chance the stories are
true, the penalty for ignoring them is too great.

The problem though is religious people sacrifice their lives and other
people's lives thinking they are of no value. The other problem is
this belief requires a suspension of rational thought. This causes all
sorts of problems.

"Never in human history have such genocide and cruelty been witnessed.
Such a genocide was never seen in the time of the pharaohs nor of Hitler
nor of Mussolini."
~ Mehmet Elkatmi, head of Turkish parliament's human rights commission
on Bush's atrocities in the Iraq war.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

Dec 29, 2004, 1:15:28 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:15:59 -0500, JAS <Nob...@nowhere.net> wrote or
quoted :

>-- At that time there will be a huge war involving --literally and

>actually -- the entire world. Vast armies will be lined up behind Jesus
>on one side and Satan on the other.

This is by far the most dangerous belief. It causes Christians to
PROMOTE war and destruction, thinking they can somehow twist Jesus's
arm into making an early appearance. It causes them to research
hideous weapons worthy of the lurid Revelation descriptions.

It also leads to destruction of the environment and wasting natural
resources.

Roedy Green

Dec 29, 2004, 1:21:55 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:18:56 GMT, "MonkeyHawk"
<monke...@sbcglobal.net> wrote or quoted :

>One of the scariest things George WMD Bush ever said was that he didn't care
>how history would judge his presidency. "We'll all be dead," he said. He
>said it because he believes it.

The scary thing is if someone assassinates George, he and his policies
will be sanctified, pushing us ever further along this insane road to
destruction.

I was watching an old Carl Sagan video last night where he explains
the equation to estimate the density of intelligent life in the
galaxy. The crucial factor is the estimate for how long a
technological society lives before self destructing. I noticed in the
fine print of one of the illustrations he had given a estimate of 40%
per hundred years for earth.

Whomever made up the Revelation story would have no idea just what a
timebomb he had created. He thought it would just scare people into
behaving well, and would give people hope when things looked hopeless.

Mindless Drewling Libruls

Dec 29, 2004, 1:25:24 PM12/29/04

"Roedy Green" <loo...@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote in message

> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:15:59 -0500, JAS <Nob...@nowhere.net> wrote or
> quoted :
>
>>-- At that time there will be a huge war involving --literally and
>>actually -- the entire world. Vast armies will be lined up behind Jesus
>>on one side and Satan on the other.
>
> This is by far the most dangerous belief. It causes Christians to
> PROMOTE war and destruction, thinking they can somehow twist Jesus's
> arm into making an early appearance. It causes them to research
> hideous weapons worthy of the lurid Revelation descriptions.
>
> It also leads to destruction of the environment and wasting natural
> resources.

The air is cleaner now than it was under the Jimmy Carter (Democrat)
presidency.

Roedy Green

Dec 29, 2004, 1:29:00 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:39:43 GMT, "Mindless Drewling Libruls"
<LibF...@WhackjobDemmieLeft.com> wrote or quoted :

>What evidence do you feel you have that Alexander the Great ever existed?

I believe there exist coins with his head on them.

He is mentioned in the secular records of many countries.

Roedy Green

Dec 29, 2004, 1:27:28 PM12/29/04
On 29 Dec 2004 16:37:26 GMT, "pain." <m...@privacy.net> wrote or quoted
:

>For instance, there was no place called Nazareth when Jesus was alive.

Modern archaeology is showing the elements of Christianity were all
around long before the 0 AD. And the story of Jesus was gradually
fleshed out over time. This suggests Jesus was a fictional character.
Think of how Superman's story has been gradually added to by various
authors, becoming more and more lifelike and complex over time.

The same thing happened to the Buddha who made it clear he was an
ordinary human. Over history he acquired all sorts of supernatural
abilities.

Roedy Green

Dec 29, 2004, 1:31:30 PM12/29/04
On 29 Dec 2004 16:35:19 GMT, "pain." <m...@privacy.net> wrote or quoted
:

>Thank Billy Graham for that.

"Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan."
~ Rev. Jerry Falwell

Translation: he gets more of the sucker's bucks than I do.

Roedy Green

Dec 29, 2004, 1:34:08 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:36:38 GMT, "MonkeyHawk"
<monke...@sbcglobal.net> wrote or quoted :

>Well actually, only 144,000 of you.

>I, for one, believe "Alabama Pete" is one of the 144,000 most worthy
>Christians of all time.

It highly unlikely Pete is a male virgin. So he is out. It is crazy
how eager all these Christians are for annihilation when they KNOW
they have no chance at all in the cosmic lottery.

"And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the
four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the
hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the
earth.
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are
virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth.
These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and
to the Lamb."
~ Revelation 14:3-4

Mindless Drewling Libruls

Dec 29, 2004, 1:34:27 PM12/29/04

> I was watching an old Carl Sagan video last night where he explains

Gee, you really know how to have a good time, don't you Roedy......

Curl up with an old Carl Sagan video....golly, how exciting.....

Mindless Drewling Libruls

Dec 29, 2004, 1:42:29 PM12/29/04

> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:39:43 GMT, "Mindless Drewling Libruls"
> <LibF...@WhackjobDemmieLeft.com> wrote or quoted :
>
>>What evidence do you feel you have that Alexander the Great ever existed?
>
> I believe there exist coins with his head on them.

OK, then all we have to do is mint some coins with Jesus' head on them and
you'll believe Jesus existed too.

You're easy.

Mindless Drewling Libruls

Dec 29, 2004, 1:44:10 PM12/29/04

> On 29 Dec 2004 16:35:19 GMT, "pain." <m...@privacy.net> wrote or quoted
> :
>
>>Thank Billy Graham for that.
>
> "Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan."
> ~ Rev. Jerry Falwell

"Roedy Green is an HIV+ Canadian asshole."
~ Rev. Jerry Falwell

"I agree with that assessment of yours about Roedy, Jerry."
~ Rev. Billy Graham

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 29, 2004, 1:58:32 PM12/29/04
"Rocketman" <rock...@bikerider.com> wrote:

>The Church of Christ that I attended when I was young used to distribute

>Christian comic tracts from Chick Publications. Here's the URL for one of
>his recent tract publications, entitled "Squatters."

>http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1019/1019_01.asp

>In this tract, Chick ominously pronounces: "...Arab gangsters...have made

>peace impossible. The only solution is WWIII."

That's Christianity today.

>Is this what Christian fundies are teaching their kids? Does anybody else
>get a cold chill when fundamentalist publications - aimed at indoctrinating
>kids - begin to openly advocate anti-semitic "solutions" that involve World
>Wars?

>Ironically, in that same tract, Jack Chick openly villifies Hitler for
>killing Jews. I guess it's OK to call for mass slaughter, as long as it's
>Arabs that you're slaughtering. These plainly genocidal beliefs are
>frequently echoed here on Usenet, and elsewhere, by fundie Christians.

---
Stop Elmer Fudd web site: http://www.ElmerFudd.US/
Covert text file server: http://www.notserver.com/

"And by the way - about the name you keep calling us -- "rightards". Very
nice of your liberal sorry fucked up ass to come up with a name that debases
mentally disabled persons." -- Charlie Wolf

SPQR

Dec 29, 2004, 2:03:55 PM12/29/04
You miss the point. It does not matter if most christians don't hold
this wacky belief.

What matters is that the gang of christians who DO hold these wacky
beliefs are in charge. George Bush is one of them; ditto for John
Ashcroft and for many other Bush appointees, not to mention the ones at
the local and state level.

Not every German believed the Jews should be exterminated -- but only
one German needed to believe it and he did.

SPQR
<<<<

Mindless Drewling Libruls

Dec 29, 2004, 2:14:12 PM12/29/04

"SPQR" <PopUl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> What matters is that the gang of christians who DO hold these wacky
> beliefs are in charge. George Bush is one of them; ditto for John
> Ashcroft and for many other Bush appointees, not to mention the ones at
> the local and state level.

President Bush will likely fill SEVERAL Supreme Court vacancies during his
second term.

Hopefully Scalia will soon be Chief Justice (although Thomas would also be
good) and President Bush will also get to install a lot of new judges of his
choosing in the federal circuit courts of appeal.

I also expect the Republicans will increase their lead in both the House and
the Senate even further in the 2006 elections.

All of this is a natural and understandable consequence of the Democrat
Party having decided to posture itself as a far left fringe group for the
past 15 years or so.

Message has been deleted

ajames54

Dec 29, 2004, 2:51:57 PM12/29/04

MonkeyHawk wrote:
> "Alabama Pete" <psm...@bellsouth.net> wrote in
>

> In case of Rapture, I get your stuff.

You can have his stuff ... I'll be dating his daughter...

ronin

Dec 29, 2004, 4:08:53 PM12/29/04

> "Alabama Pete" <psm...@bellsouth.net> wrote in
>
> > Generally everything you said has been laid out in God's plan in
> > Revelation. God loves His people and that is why he has told us IN

> > ADVANCE of his plans. We are living in the last days, friends,
>
> Crackpots have been claiming "we are living in the last days" for 2,000
> years now. We're now to believe you because...?
>
> > ...and

> > all we have to do is accept Jesus and be saved, and he will take us
>
> Well actually, only 144,000 of you.
>
> I, for one, believe "Alabama Pete" is one of the 144,000 most worthy
> Christians of all time.
>
> I also believe in the Tooth Fairy.

> > up BEFORE "all hell breaks loose" during the Tribulation.
>
> In case of Rapture, I get your stuff.
>
> Of course, if you really believed all this crap, you'd give me all your
> stuff now and *really* be prepared for the 2nd Coming.

Hi-larious!! You made my day.

ronin

Dec 29, 2004, 4:13:07 PM12/29/04

"Mindless Drewling Libruls" <LibF...@WhackjobDemmieLeft.com> wrote in
message news:_VCAd.11977$RH4....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

What kind of "Christian" puts words in other "Christians'" mouths?

ronin

Dec 29, 2004, 4:14:07 PM12/29/04

"Mindless Drewling Libruls" <LibF...@WhackjobDemmieLeft.com> wrote in
message news:oECAd.1195$JC2...@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...

Been listening to the coal lobby's ads, I see....

You'll believe anything, won't you?

Swiss Observer

Dec 29, 2004, 4:40:21 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:27:28 GMT, Roedy Green
<loo...@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote:

>On 29 Dec 2004 16:37:26 GMT, "pain." <m...@privacy.net> wrote or quoted
>:
>
>>For instance, there was no place called Nazareth when Jesus was alive.
>
>Modern archaeology is showing the elements of Christianity were all
>around long before the 0 AD. And the story of Jesus was gradually
>fleshed out over time. This suggests Jesus was a fictional character.
>Think of how Superman's story has been gradually added to by various
>authors, becoming more and more lifelike and complex over time.

I don't need to conclude "fictional character" -- I'm fully prepared
to take on board the notion that there was some original "something"
around which all of the mythic, psychological, and story-telling
elements were able to aggregate over time. As with Robin Hood, Richard
Coeur de Lion, Charlemagne, etc. Whatever historical reality may have
lain at the base of all that aggregation I would assume is normally
unknowable now, but it is frequently fun to speculate. Without the
supernatural bullshit, of course.

Swiss Observer

Dec 29, 2004, 4:42:02 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:48:21 GMT, Alabama Pete <psm...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>JAS <Nob...@nowhere.net> wrote in news:
>

>> When dealing with these people the first thing you must understand is
>> that they seriously, deeply, really do believe their interpretation of
>> the bible. They believe:

>> -- Jesus lives in heaven with god
>> -- Jesus will return to Earth one day and will call to him all those
>> who believe in him

>> -- At that time there will be a huge war involving --literally and
>> actually -- the entire world. Vast armies will be lined up behind
>> Jesus on one side and Satan on the other.

>> -- It gets complicated but, eventually, Jesus will win, the Earth will
>> be destroyed, and all true believers will go to heaven.
>>
>> You need to read about "premillenial dispensationalism" and about "end
>> times" -- it's all there. They really do believe it. Thus, they
>> believe that WW III is a positive event because it is part of god's
>> plan
>> to return Jesus to Earth and restore "his kingdom."
>>
>> Don't laugh. They believe it and they have a president who believes
>> it, too.
>>
>> JAS

>Generally everything you said has been laid out in God's plan in
>Revelation. God loves His people and that is why he has told us IN

>ADVANCE of his plans. We are living in the last days, friends, and

>all we have to do is accept Jesus and be saved, and he will take us

>up BEFORE "all hell breaks loose" during the Tribulation.

Ohmigod! What if this person is not kidding?

Swiss Observer

Dec 29, 2004, 4:43:37 PM12/29/04
<monke...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"Alabama Pete" <psm...@bellsouth.net> wrote in
>

>> Generally everything you said has been laid out in God's plan in
>> Revelation. God loves His people and that is why he has told us IN
>> ADVANCE of his plans. We are living in the last days, friends,
>

>Crackpots have been claiming "we are living in the last days" for 2,000
>years now. We're now to believe you because...?
>
>> ...and

>> all we have to do is accept Jesus and be saved, and he will take us
>

>Well actually, only 144,000 of you.
>
>I, for one, believe "Alabama Pete" is one of the 144,000 most worthy
>Christians of all time.
>
>I also believe in the Tooth Fairy.
>

>> up BEFORE "all hell breaks loose" during the Tribulation.
>

>In case of Rapture, I get your stuff.

You can have his stuff, if he'll give it all up. I don't think I want
any of it.

Swiss Observer

Dec 29, 2004, 4:45:56 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:15:28 GMT, Roedy Green
<loo...@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:15:59 -0500, JAS <Nob...@nowhere.net> wrote or
>quoted :
>
>>-- At that time there will be a huge war involving --literally and
>>actually -- the entire world. Vast armies will be lined up behind Jesus
>>on one side and Satan on the other.
>
>This is by far the most dangerous belief. It causes Christians to
>PROMOTE war and destruction, thinking they can somehow twist Jesus's
>arm into making an early appearance. It causes them to research
>hideous weapons worthy of the lurid Revelation descriptions.
>
>It also leads to destruction of the environment and wasting natural
>resources.

And to increased donations to American-Israeli lobbyist groups.

Long Juan

Dec 29, 2004, 5:00:12 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:43:37 +0100, Swiss Observer <dp...@iprolink.ch>
wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:36:38 GMT, "MonkeyHawk"
><monke...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>"Alabama Pete" <psm...@bellsouth.net> wrote in
>>
>>> Generally everything you said has been laid out in God's plan in
>>> Revelation. God loves His people and that is why he has told us IN
>>> ADVANCE of his plans. We are living in the last days, friends,
>>
>>Crackpots have been claiming "we are living in the last days" for 2,000
>>years now. We're now to believe you because...?
>>
>>> ...and
>>> all we have to do is accept Jesus and be saved, and he will take us
>>
>>Well actually, only 144,000 of you.
>>
>>I, for one, believe "Alabama Pete" is one of the 144,000 most worthy
>>Christians of all time.
>>
>>I also believe in the Tooth Fairy.
>>
>>> up BEFORE "all hell breaks loose" during the Tribulation.
>>
>>In case of Rapture, I get your stuff.
>
>You can have his stuff, if he'll give it all up. I don't think I want
>any of it.

What would anybody want with a '63 Pontiac Tempest on blocks, a
cat-pee saturated trailer and a large pile of empty cans?

Some call it hell. Pete calls it home.

Swiss Observer

Dec 29, 2004, 7:18:18 PM12/29/04

And an old stained stuffed armchair outside the front door, with a
tarp to pull over it when it rains.

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 29, 2004, 7:27:05 PM12/29/04
Political Pagan <pooki...@allthewrongplaces.biz> wrote:
>"pain." <m...@privacy.net> wrote in
>>> Thought I'd pass on this message of hope to you. I have a friend in
>>> college, he's 6-4 and blond and very, very handsome. He says fundy
>>> girls fuck too.
>> Sure, but then they tell their HUSBANDS....
>The ones I had in college didn't have husbands, and you would be surprised
>at how much they liked threesomes with other women. So much for the
>Christian belief in heterosexuality.

Jimmy Bakker screwing his body guards while Tammy pounded on the
locked-from-the-inside sauna doors screaming, "I know what you're
doing in there, Jimmy!" <heh> Austin Miles' "Don't Call me Brother"
is a good review of the supposed morality of classic Christian leaders.

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 29, 2004, 7:30:21 PM12/29/04
Roedy Green <loo...@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:15:59 -0500, JAS <Nob...@nowhere.net> wrote or
>quoted :
>>-- Jesus lives in heaven with god
>>-- Jesus will return to Earth one day and will call to him all those who believe in him
>Improbable as that sounds, if you are told that often enough as a
>young child it becomes an irrefutable fact.

Thing is, it already happened. The origins of the myth are with the Lord
Mithra religion dated some 4 centuries before the advent of Saul/Paul, the
"Terrorist of Tarsus." Mithra was killed by humans and was resurrected to
save mankind some 400 years before the Jesus mythos.

Then in the classical Christanic mythologies the Jesus mythos told its
followers that it would return within their life times -- which it did
along with countless other resurrected dead which then left a couple of
cities.

It's all very amusing that anybody believes such things in an age where
we have sent our spaceships to other planets.

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 29, 2004, 7:31:31 PM12/29/04
Roedy Green <loo...@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:15:59 -0500, JAS <Nob...@nowhere.net> wrote or
>quoted :

>>-- At that time there will be a huge war involving --literally and

>>actually -- the entire world. Vast armies will be lined up behind Jesus
>>on one side and Satan on the other.
>This is by far the most dangerous belief. It causes Christians to
>PROMOTE war and destruction, thinking they can somehow twist Jesus's
>arm into making an early appearance. It causes them to research
>hideous weapons worthy of the lurid Revelation descriptions.

Actually the belief in an "after life" is far more deadly.

When Christians and Muslims and Jews kill innocent people, they get to
play pretend that they're not really dead; that they were "liberated"
or "saved."

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 29, 2004, 7:34:06 PM12/29/04
"Fear gan dia" <sdxrlb...@dhtbtnbllstq.com> wrote:
>There are rumors on the internets that "Rocketman"
>said in <ewsAd.36606$k25.25047@attbi_s53>:

>> The Church of Christ that I attended when I was young used to distribute
>> Christian comic tracts from Chick Publications. Here's the URL for one of
>> his recent tract publications, entitled "Squatters."
>> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1019/1019_01.asp

>Jeezus! (TM) Totally fucking sick and twisted beyond belief.

>"Satan created the Roman Catholic system as a counterfeit
>'church'... Jesus calls the Roman Catholic system 'The
>Great Whore'."

<rofl!> The cult no longer publishes "Death Cookie" or "Poor Little Witch"
because everyone -- sane people: atheists -- were collecting them and were
enjoying them way too much. }:-}

I've only got two in my collection, which is disappointing:

Creator or Liar?
The Contract!

"The Contract!" is just _so_ fucking amusing.

MonkeyHawk

Dec 29, 2004, 8:05:54 PM12/29/04

"Long Juan" <otis...@hearthlink.net> wrote

> What would anybody want with a '63 Pontiac Tempest on blocks, a
> cat-pee saturated trailer and a large pile of empty cans?
>
> Some call it hell. Pete calls it home.

In Alabama, that's the Governor's Mansion.

Swiss Observer

Dec 29, 2004, 8:13:11 PM12/29/04
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:34:06 GMT, FR...@SkepticTank.ORGREMOVE (Fredric
L. Rice) wrote:

>"Fear gan dia" <sdxrlb...@dhtbtnbllstq.com> wrote:
>>There are rumors on the internets that "Rocketman"
>>said in <ewsAd.36606$k25.25047@attbi_s53>:
>
>>> The Church of Christ that I attended when I was young used to distribute
>>> Christian comic tracts from Chick Publications. Here's the URL for one of
>>> his recent tract publications, entitled "Squatters."
>>> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1019/1019_01.asp
>>Jeezus! (TM) Totally fucking sick and twisted beyond belief.
>
>>"Satan created the Roman Catholic system as a counterfeit
>>'church'... Jesus calls the Roman Catholic system 'The
>>Great Whore'."
>
><rofl!> The cult no longer publishes "Death Cookie" or "Poor Little Witch"
>because everyone -- sane people: atheists -- were collecting them and were
>enjoying them way too much. }:-}
>
>I've only got two in my collection, which is disappointing:
>
> Creator or Liar?
> The Contract!
>
>"The Contract!" is just _so_ fucking amusing.

Where could one get these things? The one I saw on that link really
was very funny. If they're not too expensive.

Tak

Dec 29, 2004, 8:37:35 PM12/29/04
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:13:11 +0100, Swiss Observer <dp...@iprolink.ch>
wrote:

>Where could one get these things? The one I saw on that link really

>was very funny. If they're not too expensive.

http://www.chick.com sadly here people actually believe those creepy
things.

Tak
a#344

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 29, 2004, 8:47:02 PM12/29/04

The Jack Chick web site is best and it's about the only place you can
find them unless you can find a right-wing extremist Baptist cult in
your neighborhood, then you could ask for copies.

I got mine from a street sing across from a cult called "The Church of
the Open Door" in Glendora, California. Someone had hung them on the
street sign, presumably in the hopes someone like me would appreciate
them while waiting for the bus. }:-}

Also I believe that "Death Cookie" and "Poor Little Witch" get traded
on eBay since they're collectors items. Requests for prints sent to Jack
Chick either get ignored else they inform people that they're no longer
being printed.

Eris

Dec 29, 2004, 8:54:05 PM12/29/04
wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:34:06 GMT, FR...@SkepticTank.ORGREMOVE (Fredric

Mostly they are left in restrooms at train stations, bus stations, and
airports. They are free. If someone on the street tries to hand you
one you have to push them away,

If you contact the Chick Publications you will probably receive a life
time supply for free. Don't you have nut cases in Europe?

Rogue

Dec 29, 2004, 8:47:05 PM12/29/04
Bush isn't any different than Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler or Saddam Hussein

A real straight forward guy. Does what he says and says what he means. What
is scary he probably really believes his own BS.

"Submariner" <M...@Hulnumber.com> wrote in message

> "MonkeyHawk" <monke...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > "Rocketman" <rock...@bikerider.com> wrote

> > > The Church of Christ that I attended when I was young used to
distribute
> > > Christian comic tracts from Chick Publications. Here's the URL for
one of
> > > his recent tract publications, entitled "Squatters."
> > >
> > > http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1019/1019_01.asp
> > >

> > > In this tract, Chick ominously pronounces: "...Arab gangsters...have
made
> > > peace impossible. The only solution is WWIII."
> > >

> > > Is this what Christian fundies are teaching their kids? Does anybody
else
> > > get a cold chill when fundamentalist publications - aimed at
> > > indoctrinating kids - begin to openly advocate anti-semitic
"solutions"
> > > that involve World Wars?
> > >
> > > Ironically, in that same tract, Jack Chick openly villifies Hitler for
> > > killing Jews. I guess it's OK to call for mass slaughter, as long as
it's
> > > Arabs that you're slaughtering. These plainly genocidal beliefs are
> > > frequently echoed here on Usenet, and elsewhere, by fundie Christians.
> >

> > I *love* Chick tracts!
> >
> > Great for laughs! Until you stop to think there are people who believe
> > them.
> >

> Like George W. Bush, for instance.

Swiss Observer

Dec 29, 2004, 9:06:09 PM12/29/04
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:54:05 -0500, Eris <vith...@yaya.comcast.net>
wrote:

Yes, indeed. In fact, many of your worst ones from the late 19th and
20th centuries had immigrated from Switzerland. But it's all in good
fun.

Thanks for the leads -- I'll skip the restrooms and go to the Web
site. They're loopy and great -- I've never heard of these things
before.

pain.

Dec 29, 2004, 9:29:42 PM12/29/04
Lamont Cranston posted:

>> I'm no theologian, but I'm hip enough to know that anything passed
>> down through 2000 years by word of mouth is unreliable.

>> For instance, there was no place called Nazareth when Jesus was
>> alive.
>

> "Archeological excavations conducted in Nazareth (by Bagati since
> 1955) show that Nazareth was a small agricultural village settled by a
> few dozen families.
>
> The pottery remains testify to a continuous settlement during the
> period 600-900 BCE.

etc, etc...

I guess, then, that you're not interested in hearing about Jesus' wife?

Docky Wocky

Dec 29, 2004, 10:00:42 PM12/29/04
mr rogue sez:

"Bush isn't any different than Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler or Saddam Hussein

A real straight forward guy. Does what he says and says what he means. What

is scary he probably really believes his own BS..."
Revealing nom de plume, nice short sentences, straight forward message,
scary - eh?, and you probably believe your own BS.

The Last Liberal

Dec 29, 2004, 10:10:29 PM12/29/04
(Fredric L. Rice) wrote:

> "Fear gan dia" <sdxrlb...@dhtbtnbllstq.com> wrote:
> >There are rumors on the internets that "Rocketman"
> >said in <ewsAd.36606$k25.25047@attbi_s53>:

> >> The Church of Christ that I attended when I was young used to distribute
> >> Christian comic tracts from Chick Publications. Here's the URL for one of
> >> his recent tract publications, entitled "Squatters."
> >> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1019/1019_01.asp

> >Jeezus! (TM) Totally fucking sick and twisted beyond belief.

> >"Satan created the Roman Catholic system as a counterfeit
> >'church'... Jesus calls the Roman Catholic system 'The
> >Great Whore'."

LOL! And here I thought Jesus is too dead tospeak.

> <rofl!> The cult no longer publishes "Death Cookie" or "Poor Little Witch"
> because everyone -- sane people: atheists -- were collecting them and were
> enjoying them way too much. }:-}

"This was your life" is very funny.

> I've only got two in my collection, which is disappointing:
>
> Creator or Liar?
> The Contract!
>
> "The Contract!" is just _so_ fucking amusing.

Oh yes. Also "Big Daddy." I have a copy of "Poor Litrtle Witch." I
haven't found a copy of "Death Cookie" yet.

> ---
> Stop Elmer Fudd web site: http://www.ElmerFudd.US/
> Covert text file server: http://www.notserver.com/
>
> "And by the way - about the name you keep calling us -- "rightards". Very
> nice of your liberal sorry fucked up ass to come up with a name that debases
> mentally disabled persons." -- Charlie Wolf

---
http://lastliberal.org

"I made a report to the class on Creation Vs. Evolution . . .
You know who won . . . Creation . . . evlution is too
complicated!!!" -- Russ Offord [elipses in original]

This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 30, 2004, 12:02:22 AM12/30/04