White Liberal: "A Christmas Story" is racist (!)

Byker

Dec 26, 2014, 6:25:48 PM12/26/14
Maybe it's because Ralphie wanted to shoot Black Bart <snicker>

Also: http://moonbattery.com/?p=53730
http://toprightnews.com/?p=7732
Essayist sees institutional racism, white privilege in 'A Christmas Story'

December 25, 2014

In a tweet issued early Wednesday morning, Parker Molloy, an essayist whose
work has appeared in a variety of liberal outlets including The Advocate,
Rolling Stone, The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Salon, and Talking
Points Memo, says the movie "A Christmas Story" presents a picture of
"institutional racism" and "white privilege." The tweet, Twitchy noted,
caused quite a stir.

Molloy admits the movie is fictional, but says no one cautions the
protagonist -- a young boy named Ralphie Parker -- that police might shoot
him dead for playing with a toy gun outside. This, she claimed, "is the
reality for white children..." Black children, however, do not live in that
world, she asserts, citing the tragic shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice.

"This is white privilege," she said. "This is institutional racism."

"Brutally honest analysis like that is going to make it a lot more difficult
for sofa-bound racists to enjoy all 24 hours of TBS’ 'A Christmas Story'
marathon," the Twitchy staff said. Others reacted somewhat differently.

"Mother of God," one person tweeted. "Give me a break," another person
added.

One Twitter critic said the essay was a "fitting note on which to end 2014,"
a year marked with racial riots, calls for Communist revolution, genocide
and dead police officers. "Once again," another Twitter critic said,
"welcome to Planet Crazy People."

"You are out of your tiny shiny mind," one person said in response to her
tweet. "Did you really get paid to write this, or are you part of some
collective hive mind?"

"A bunch of racist Conservative/Libertarian types are really mad about this
tweet of mine from earlier," she said in response to the criticism her
message sparked. "Chill out, Conservatives," she added in another tweet,
saying that "there are lessons from that movie that can be applied to modern
times."

"Talk about seeing racism in anything and everything," one person said in
response to her name-calling. As we have reported many times, liberals have
found racism in practically everything.

In September 2012, for example, a Portland school principal claimed she
could spot racism in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. A year earlier, an
education consultant claimed white paper could possibly cause children to
become racists. Liberals have also argued that discussing Ebola or the
American Revolution is racist, and dry asparagus prompted charges of racism
against a grocery store. The Tea Party, liberals argue, is racist because it
opposes Barack Obama's agenda, even though the pro-Constitution movement has
helped elect black conservatives like Tim Scott and Mia Love. Jane Close
Conoley, president of one of the largest public universities in the country,
said earlier this month that light skin and higher income "may attract
significant unearned privilege."

"This privilege can manifest itself in numerous ways that afford automatic
trust, deference, and security," she wrote. "Those who are less affluent
with darker skin or from other cultures can be targets of micro to macro
aggressions, distrust, and low expectations for behavior."

Translation: White people are inherently racist, and they're born that way.
The Washington Post piled on with a similar thesis in an article claiming
that "white Americans show subtle or 'implicit' biases against blacks --
biases they mostly don't even realize they have." In short, according to
liberals, white people are doomed to be racist whether they really are or
not. This, it seems, appears to be the latest liberal craze -- condemning
all white people based solely on the color of their skin. Most would say
that, in itself, is racist, but it seems liberals don't agree.

So, is it okay for white people to enjoy a movie at Christmas that features
a young white boy getting the present of his dreams? Molloy apparently
thinks so, telling one person who asked if he could still enjoy the movie to
"go for it."

http://www.examiner.com/article/essayist-sees-institutional-racism-white-privilege-a-christmas-story

---

First Post

Dec 26, 2014, 6:46:08 PM12/26/14
Liberals with the attitude and outlook on life like Parker Molloy are
destined to spend their entire lives pissed off and miserable over
anything and everything until they meet their graves.
In simple terms, they are just so resentful and envious of anyone that
has even a glimmer of happiness in their own lives that they just
can't stand to see it portrayed in any form.
Only a complete piece of garbage would ridicule something that the
vast majority of the population including a lot of non whites enjoy
just out of the pure entertainment value.
Guess he's really got a bug up his ass over Leave it to Beaver, Dennis
the Menace, Hazel, The Brady Bunch and a host of others.
What a sad pathetic little man.

Mr. B1ack

Dec 26, 2014, 10:36:14 PM12/26/14
The "priviledge" - and it's not necessarily limited to "white" -
exists because it was EARNED thru creating a civil, orderly,
industrious, law-abiding society.

Juris Diction

Dec 27, 2014, 4:47:18 AM12/27/14
In article <2radnakZvY7ncwDJ...@earthlink.com>,
"Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

> Essayist sees institutional racism, white privilege in 'A Christmas Story'
>
> December 25, 2014

All the straw men do not have brains, and the people who have brains do
not have the time or patience to pick the straws apart.

Siri Crews

Dec 27, 2014, 5:24:17 AM12/27/14
"Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

> Essayist sees institutional racism, white privilege in 'A Christmas Story'

Prejudice is natural and normal. So is sneezing, but splattering phlegm on
people around you is considerred rude.

You can choose to control your brain and recognise your prejudices and keep them
from being stupid. Or you can be a Republican. I've heard prejudice compared to
drug addiction: you're never cured, you just manage it day by day.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Icke's razor: Given two equally plausible explanations, choose the weirder.
Be sure not to operate heavy machinery whilst on usenet.

Help Me, Rhonda

Dec 27, 2014, 6:39:41 AM12/27/14
On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 17:46:01 -0600, First Post wrote:

> What a sad pathetic little man.

http://www.queerty.com/parker-molloy-resigns-from-advocate-lashes-out
-at-former-colleagues-20141031

After Advocate.com and freelance writer Parker Molloy quietly parted ways
this month, it took less than three weeks for her to go on the attack.
Molloy’s latest tirade was apparently triggered by a phone call in which a
customer service rep mistakenly assumed Molloy was male. (snip)

Dänk 42Ø

Dec 27, 2014, 1:44:15 PM12/27/14
On 12/26/2014 11:25 PM, Byker wrote:

> So, is it okay for white people to enjoy a movie at Christmas that features
> a young white boy getting the present of his dreams? Molloy apparently
> thinks so, telling one person who asked if he could still enjoy the
> movie to "go for it."
>
> http://www.examiner.com/article/essayist-sees-institutional-racism-white-privilege-a-christmas-story

I despise Xmas, and despise feel-good pro-Xmas propaganda movies like "A
Christmas Story." But Xmas has always been a *WHITE* cultural
tradition. Blacks have never been officially excluded, but those who do
participate in it are perfectly free to put their own cultural spin on
the holiday.

Everything about Xmas, from lily-white Saint Nick to the Finlandian
reindeer that pull his sleigh, is caucasian. People of African descent
are not forbidden from participating in the holiday, but it has always
been a European holiday. African-Americans actually take pride in
distinguishing themselves from "mainstream" white culture, so they
shouldn't complain that the white Xmas cult doesn't pander to them.

African-Americans are increasingly irrelevant. Not that they aren't
entitled to equal rights under the law, but increased immigration --
especially from Latin America -- has rendered them pointless. The "skin
color" card no longer works when dark-brown mestizo Mexicans are mowing
white people's lawns. The concept of integration is perverted when that
group maintains a distinct "blackccent," regardless of how far north or
west they live.

Bud Frawley

Dec 27, 2014, 1:54:51 PM12/27/14
In article <Y5WdnUfNd65jYAPJ...@earthlink.com>,
da...@itsgotelectrolytes.org says...
thank's for proveing you do'nt see raceism when it hit's you in the
face!my cousin filled out an app for santa claus in a store near him.
know what they told him? there not hireing! guess what color he is! he's
BLACK! when my cousin went back guess who he saw in santa's cloths! a
WHITE! I guess you think that mean's there not raceist! what a moron!

BeamMeUpScotty

Dec 27, 2014, 2:24:31 PM12/27/14
Jesus was Jewish NOT Aryan and Santa is actually about an Aryan that was
a jolly old soul who lived far to the North that celebrated a Jews
birthday who was born in a Middle Eastern country, who was born under a
world wide celestial event.

And the old white guy believed that 3 wise Kings from what are likely to
be places that weren't anglo white came to bring gifts on the birth of
Christ. Seems to me the racism is all in "your" head and NOT in the
book or the religion or the myth of Santa Claus

"1. (European Myth & Legend) the legendary patron saint of children,
commonly identified with Saint Nicholas, who brings presents to children
on Christmas Eve or, in some European countries, on Saint Nicholas' Day.
Often shortened to: Santa Also called: Father Christmas "

St. Nicholas is a product of the religion as it was in Europe, and has
no race behind it other than the fact they are a different culture in
Europe than that of cultures in the Middle East and Africa but then it's
different from Polynesia also.

Why must Buddha have Asian features or any other Saint or deity have
features that resemble the local people and sometime a sub culture in
that local region?

Byker

Dec 27, 2014, 2:55:15 PM12/27/14
"Dänk 42Ø" wrote in message

> Everything about Xmas, from lily-white Saint Nick to the Finlandian
> reindeer that pull his sleigh, is Caucasian.

The dark side of Saint Nick: According to traditional narratives around the
figure, the Krampus punishes children during the Christmas season who had
misbehaved, in contrast with Saint Nicholas, who rewards well-behaved ones
with gifts. Regions in the Austrian diaspora feature similar figures and,
more widely, Krampus is one of a number of traditional companions of Saint
Nicholas in Europe. The kiddos would be thrilled at the appearance of Saint
Nicholas, then be terrified when the Krampus appeared:
http://tinyurl.com/kp85zy5
http://tinyurl.com/k2cgzoa

With his devil-like hoof, tail, serpentine tongue, whipping stick, and sack
full of misbehaving kids, Krampus emerged as Northern Europe's bad cop to
kindly Saint Nicholas more than three centuries ago. But when Saint Nick
migrated to the United States in the 1800s and morphed into fat, jolly Santa
Claus, Krampus stayed behind in the Old Country, where his presence is still
acknowledged: http://tinyurl.com/pgvjqe3

Fred Oinka

Dec 27, 2014, 3:24:49 PM12/27/14
You are black? Who ever would have guessed?

<snicker>

Siri Crews

Dec 27, 2014, 3:47:34 PM12/27/14
Dänk 42Ø <da...@itsgotelectrolytes.org> wrote:

> Christmas Story." But Xmas has always been a *WHITE* cultural
> tradition. Blacks have never been officially excluded, but those who do

That will come as a surprise to Japan.

Help Me, Rhonda

Dec 27, 2014, 5:33:50 PM12/27/14
On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 14:24:28 -0500,
I-WAS-JUST-GANG-PROBED-BY-...@IRS.FBI.NSA.CIA.EPA.ObamaCare.gov
wrote:

> Jesus was Jewish NOT Aryan and Santa is actually about an Aryan that was
> a jolly old soul who lived far to the North that celebrated a Jews
> birthday who was born in a Middle Eastern country, who was born under a
> world wide celestial event.
>
> And the old white guy believed that 3 wise Kings from what are likely to
> be places that weren't anglo white came to bring gifts on the birth of
> Christ. Seems to me the racism is all in "your" head and NOT in the
> book or the religion or the myth of Santa Claus

Jesus was a dago and the three wise kings were actually three wise guys AKA
mafia dons.

They were based in Rome at the time.

Fred Oinka

Dec 27, 2014, 6:20:40 PM12/27/14