Judge Engoron's Retribution

Johnny

Feb 21, 2024, 10:52:15 AMFeb 21

Feb 21, 2024

Cut!

Engoron wrote a 92-page opinion explaining his actions. First, if you
wondered why there was no jury and the decision was left to Engoron
and Engoron alone, the judge noted that that is New York law in this
case. James structured the lawsuit so that Trump could not appeal to
the judgment of a jury. "There was no right to a jury," Engoron
wrote, "and the case was 'tried to the Court,' the Court being the
sole factfinder and the sole 'judge of credibility.'"

Engoron conceded that Trump repaid all his loans in full and on time.
There was no one to play the role of victim, no one to testify that
Trump cheated them out of anything. The banks didn't lose money, they
made money -- the precise amounts specified in the loan contracts.
But the judge still found misconduct. "It is undisputed that
defendants have made all required payments on time," he wrote. But
"timely and total repayment of loans does not extinguish the harm
that false statements inflict on the marketplace."

https://townhall.com/columnists/byronyork/2024/02/21/judge-engorons-retribution-n2635501

It's just hard for me to believe any state would have a law like
that, where a biased prosecutor and judge could work together to fine
a person three hundred and fifty million dollars.

They should both be disbarred.

pothead

Feb 21, 2024, 6:11:01 PMFeb 21
This Engoron looks like he was an LSD throwback to the Timothy Leary era.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Lee

Feb 21, 2024, 9:00:03 PMFeb 21
Johnny wrote:

> Feb 21, 2024
>
> Cut!
>
> Engoron wrote a 92-page opinion explaining his actions. First, if you
> wondered why there was no jury and the decision was left to Engoron
> and Engoron alone, the judge noted that that is New York law in this
> case. James structured the lawsuit so that Trump could not appeal to
> the judgment of a jury. "There was no right to a jury," Engoron
> wrote, "and the case was 'tried to the Court,' the Court being the
> sole factfinder and the sole 'judge of credibility.'"
>
> Engoron conceded that Trump repaid all his loans in full and on time.

Didn't Al Capone offer to
pay all his back taxes in
exchange for charges being
dropped?