"CAIR Loses Appeal on Suit Aimed at Muzzling Arizona Professor"

1 view

David Hartung

Aug 14, 2022, 9:05:28 AM8/14/22
https://www.investigativeproject.org/9235/cair-loses-appeal-on-suit-aimed-at-muzzling
[...]
A Scottsdale Community College professor did not violate his Muslim
student's rights when he taught about religious justification in Islamic
terrorism, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.

The Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a district judge's 2020
ruling dismissing the lawsuit filed by the Council on American-Islamic
Relations (CAIR) on behalf of student Mohamed Sabra. In her 2020 order,
District Judge Susan M. Brnovich found that Nicholas Damask's World
Politics coursework and quizzes did not violate Sabra's First Amendment
rights or require him to abandon his faith as a Muslim.
[...]

This brings two questions to my mind.

First, what would have been the Court's reaction had it been a Christian
objecting to an unfavorable teaching of Christianity.

Second, What would have been the reaction had it been the other way
around? Suppose that in a course on world politics, the professor
presented Christianity in a positive way?

Siri Cruise

Aug 14, 2022, 3:50:48 PM8/14/22
In article <_vKdnYCM8vwPb2X_...@giganews.com>,
David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com> wrote:

> First, what would have been the Court's reaction had it been a Christian
> objecting to an unfavorable teaching of Christianity.
>
> Second, What would have been the reaction had it been the other way
> around? Suppose that in a course on world politics, the professor
> presented Christianity in a positive way?

Part of the history of the US is slavery. And part of that is how
christianity was used to justify slavery.

And you want to end the Department of Education to prevent CRT
and other education about slavery and bigotry.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

David Hartung

Aug 14, 2022, 4:42:51 PM8/14/22
On 8/14/22 14:50, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <_vKdnYCM8vwPb2X_...@giganews.com>,
> David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> First, what would have been the Court's reaction had it been a Christian
>> objecting to an unfavorable teaching of Christianity.
>>
>> Second, What would have been the reaction had it been the other way
>> around? Suppose that in a course on world politics, the professor
>> presented Christianity in a positive way?
>
> Part of the history of the US is slavery. And part of that is how
> christianity was used to justify slavery.
>
> And you want to end the Department of Education to prevent CRT
> and other education about slavery and bigotry.

The slavery card? Really?

governo...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2022, 6:57:07 PM8/14/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 15:42:46 -0500, David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com>
wrote:
Yeah, really. Or do you consider slavery some minor and irrelevant
thing some people did some time way back when but who cares now?

Swill
--
"Every investigation thus far makes one conclusion abundantly clear:
Secretary Clinton's fundamental lack of judgment and wanton disregard

David Hartung

Aug 14, 2022, 8:14:18 PM8/14/22
On 8/14/22 17:55, governo...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 15:42:46 -0500, David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 8/14/22 14:50, Siri Cruise wrote:

>>> Part of the history of the US is slavery. And part of that is how
>>> christianity was used to justify slavery.
>>>
>>> And you want to end the Department of Education to prevent CRT
>>> and other education about slavery and bigotry.
>>
>> The slavery card? Really?
>
> Yeah, really. Or do you consider slavery some minor and irrelevant
> thing some people did some time way back when but who cares now?

How much further off subject could you possibly be?

Mitchell Holman

Aug 14, 2022, 10:01:49 PM8/14/22
David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com> wrote in
As opposed to you playing the
Hillary Card, and the Obama Card,
and the Sandy Berger Card, and
the Liberal Media Card?

governo...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2022, 12:16:57 AM8/15/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 19:14:13 -0500, David Hartung <da...@Hotmail.com>
Four of the last five posts contained the word "slavery".

Go fuck yourself, David.