Lowest nemployment In 54 Years

Lee

Feb 16, 2024, 11:54:17 AMFeb 16

Feb 16, 2024, 12:52:55 PMFeb 16
On 2/16/2024 8:54 AM, Lee wrote:

> “President Biden’s economic
> plan is working,” said
> Commerce Secretary Raimondo.
> “When President Biden took
> office, the unemployment rate
> was 6.3%. Today, it is just
> 3.4%. That’s the lowest in 54
> years.”

The rate is *not* 3.4%, nor did the BLS say it is. The BLS says it's 3.7% —
still *excellent*, and basically at a level that economists have long (like, 60+
years) considered to be "full employment." Almost all of the unemployed are
people who are between jobs, or people who have just entered the labor force and
haven't yet found employment, but they will soon enough.

And once again, to rub the right-wingnuts' snouts in the shit: the low
unemployment rate is *not* due to people leaving the labor force. The labor
force is *growing*, because people know they can find jobs.

Civilian labor force (thousands) and labor force participation rate:

Jan 2023 — 165,871 62.4%
Jan 2024 — 167,276 62.5%

The numbers are from the BLS Employment Situation monthly report for January,
summary table A, "Household data, seasonally adjusted." There are two pages that
contain the same data:
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.a.htm

In other words, the labor force *grew* by 1.4 million people in the last year —
and they all found jobs.

These numbers are real. They are not "cooked" or "fudged" or in any way
manipulated. When Asshole Trump was bragging about how great "his" economy was,
he was getting numbers from the *same* source.

Whenever the economy is strong, regardless of which party controls the
presidency, extremist liars in the other party — let's call them Democratic
commies and Republiscum/QAnon Nazis — start shrieking that the numbers don't
tell the "real" picture. When the economy *continued* (not "began") to grow
under Trump, who inherited a strong and growing economy from Obama, Democratic
commies were the ones lying about the falling labor force participation rate
(except it wasn't falling) being the "cause" of the low unemployment rate.
Today, it's Republiscum/QAnon Nazis, e.g. AlleyPussyBitch and
"pothole"/"Sakran," telling that lie. But make no mistake: it *is* a lie.

If you don't want to give the president (of either party) credit for doing
something to cause the strong economy, then don't; you won't get any argument
from me. As I have long said, and of course I'm right about this, presidents
cannot cause a strong economy by what they *do*. For the most part, the economy
is strongest when presidents are *not* trying to do something to bring a strong
economy about. In other words, it is what they *don't* do — intervene — that
brings about a strong economy.

bob smith

Feb 16, 2024, 3:20:31 PMFeb 16
On 16 Feb 2024, Lou Bricano <l...@cap.con> posted some

> On 2/16/2024 8:54 AM, Lee wrote:
>>

>> News: Unemployment is at its
>> Lowest Level in 54 years
>> February 3, 2023
>>
>> Today, the U.S. Department of
>> Labor’s Bureau of Labor
>> Statistics released the monthly
>> Jobs Report which shows the
>> unemployment rate has dropped
>> to 3.4% with more than a half
>> million jobs created in January
>> and 800,000 manufacturing jobs
>> created in the last two years.

You two are obviously bridge purchasing candidates. I got one for sale,
cheap, in San Francisco.

Jobs that are eliminated because the positions pay too much money, then
later recreated at lower salaries with fewer hours and benefits don't
count as "new".

If you swallow those Biden administration lies, you'll swallow anything.

Skeeter

Feb 16, 2024, 3:33:37 PMFeb 16
In article <uqog2d$obk$2...@toxic.dizum.net>, bobs...@facebook.com says...

> On 16 Feb 2024, Lou Bricano <l...@cap.con> posted some
>
> > On 2/16/2024 8:54 AM, Lee wrote:
> >>

> >> News: Unemployment is at its
> >> Lowest Level in 54 years
> >> February 3, 2023
> >>
> >> Today, the U.S. Department of
> >> Labor�s Bureau of Labor
> >> Statistics released the monthly
> >> Jobs Report which shows the
> >> unemployment rate has dropped
> >> to 3.4% with more than a half
> >> million jobs created in January
> >> and 800,000 manufacturing jobs
> >> created in the last two years.
>
> You two are obviously bridge purchasing candidates. I got one for sale,
> cheap, in San Francisco.
>
> Jobs that are eliminated because the positions pay too much money, then
> later recreated at lower salaries with fewer hours and benefits don't
> count as "new".
>
> If you swallow those Biden administration lies, you'll swallow anything.

Don't get him excited.

Michael A Terrell

Feb 16, 2024, 3:47:24 PMFeb 16
On 2/16/2024 12:33 PM, Skeeter-Shit Jack-Off Shit-4-Braincell, convicted child
molester and another fucking do-nothing, lied:
> I swallow.

You told us that long ago.

Lou Bricano

Feb 16, 2024, 3:54:34 PMFeb 16
On 2/16/2024 12:20 PM, Chadlee "cuck" Blowjob, 350lb 5'1" morbidly obese
convicted child molester and lying fat fuck, lied:

> On 16 Feb 2024, Lou Bricano <l...@cap.con> posted some
>
>> On 2/16/2024 8:54 AM, Lee wrote:
>>>

>>> News: Unemployment is at its
>>> Lowest Level in 54 years
>>> February 3, 2023
>>>
>>> Today, the U.S. Department of
>>> Labor’s Bureau of Labor
>>> Statistics released the monthly
>>> Jobs Report which shows the
>>> unemployment rate has dropped
>>> to 3.4% with more than a half
>>> million jobs created in January
>>> and 800,000 manufacturing jobs
>>> created in the last two years.
>
> You two are obviously bridge purchasing candidates.

The jobs are not recreated jobs, Blowjob. They're new jobs.

Employed persons (thousands):

Jan 2020 — 158,714
Feb 2020 — 158,759
Mar 2020 — 155,772 (fell from previous month because pandemic began hitting)
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_04032020.pdf

Jan 2024 — 161,152
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

That's 2.4 *million* more employed people in January 2024 than in February 2020,
Blowjob. The jobs are not "recreated" jobs, Blowjob — they are *new* jobs in a
thriving economy, Blowjob.

AlleyCat

Feb 16, 2024, 9:55:39 PMFeb 16

The Big Lie: x.xx% Unemployment

Here's something that many Americans - including some of the smartest and most
educated among us - don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by
the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.

Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and
Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%. The cheerleading for this
number is deafening. The media loves a comeback story, the White House wants to
score political points and Wall Street would like you to stay in the market.

None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is
unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job - if you are so
hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -
the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed. That's right. While
you are as unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find
work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -
currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of
work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't
throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment.

There's another reason why the official rate is misleading. Say you're an out-
of-work engineer or healthcare worker or construction worker or retail manager:
If you perform a minimum of one hour of work in a week and are paid at least
$20 - maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn - you're not officially counted
as unemployed in the much-reported 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

Yet another figure of importance that doesn't get much press: those working
part time but wanting full-time work. If you have a degree in chemistry or math
and are working 10 hours part time because it is all you can find - in other
words, you are severely underemployed - the government doesn't count you in the
5.6%. Few Americans know this.

There's no other way to say this. The official unemployment rate, which cruelly
overlooks the suffering of the long-term and often permanently unemployed as
well as the depressingly underemployed, amounts to a Big Lie.

Holier-than-thou LIBERAL Canadians, think they're soooo superior when it comes
to slavery, because they "ended" it (not really) a mere 30 years earlier.

Canada "ended" slavery a mere 30 years before Lincoln wrote the "Emancipation
Proclamation".

HOW does that make Canada ANY "better" or different? It doesn't.

Canada's Shameful, Modern-Day Slave Trade
https://torontosun.com/2012/02/10/canadas-shameful-modern-day-slave-
trade/wcm/2e410af6-9dc4-4ef7-bc3e-821a5970ed41

Colonial Canada Had Slavery For More Than 200 Years. And Yes, It Still Matters
Today

More Canadians Say Racism Is A "Serious Problem" Today Than 1 Year Ago

Canada Urged To Open Its Eyes To Systemic Racism In Wake Of Police Violence

Racism In Canada Is Ever-Present, But We Have A Long History Of Denial

Majority (60%) See Racism as a Serious Problem in Canada Today, Up 13 points
Since Last Year

Nearly a Third of Canadians (28%) Say They Have Personally Experienced Racism
in the Past Year - 24 July 2020
https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/majority-60-see-racism-serious-problem-canada-
today-13-points-last-year

Canada's Enduring Legacy Of Power, Politics And Racism
https://theclarion.ca/politicslaw/canadians-no-less-racist-than-americans/

75 Per Cent of Canadians Polled, Say Royal Canadian Mounted Police Has Systemic
Racism Issue

Systemic Racism In The Royal Canadian Mounted Police Force
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/07/11/study-canadians-agree-rcmp-systemic-
racism/

AlleyCat

Feb 16, 2024, 9:55:41 PMFeb 16

Trump Right Again: The Unemployment Rate Does Not Count People Who Have Not
Looked For Work

Conclusion

In a December interview with Fox News, Donald Trump criticized the relatively
low unemployment rate as deceptive, saying, "take a look at the real jobs
report, which are the millions of people that gave up looking for work, and
they're not considered in that number that's less than 5 percent."

Trump is correct. The unemployment rate does not count people who have not
looked for work...[1]

=====

Fact Check: Are People Who Have Stopped Looking For Work Counted In The
Unemployment Rate?

In a Fox News Sunday interview with host Chris Wallace, President-elect Donald
Trump criticized the official unemployment rate as failing to provide a
complete picture of the workforce. "[Y]ou look at what's going on-and you can
look at a jobs report, but take a look at the real jobs report, which are the
millions of people that gave up looking for work, and they're not considered in
that number that's less than 5 percent."[1]

Is Trump correct that the unemployment rate does not account for millions of
people who have given up looking for work?

Yes. The official unemployment rate calculated by the Bureau of Labor
Statistics excludes people who have not actively sought a job in the preceding
four weeks, as they are no longer considered part of the civilian labor force.
Background

Trump's comment to Wallace is not the first time that he has challenged the
utility of the unemployment rate. At a post-election rally in Des Moines, Iowa
on December 8, he called the unemployment rate "total fiction" (which earned
him four Pinocchios from the Washington Post's fact-checker feature).[2]

After winning the New Hampshire primary, he told supporters not to "believe
those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. The number's
probably 28, 29, as high as 35. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent."
(Politifact rated this claim as "Pants on Fire.")[3]

However, Trump is correct in stating that the unemployment rate is a
comparatively narrow measure.

THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE

The U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) publishes six
measures of "labor underutilization" each month.[4] In his critiques, Trump is
referring to the BLS U-3 unemployment rate. That figure has hovered around 5
percent throughout 2016.[5]

2016 - Unemployment Rate by Month
Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May June July Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov.
4.9% 4.9% 5.0% 5.0% 4.7% 4.9% 4.9% 4.9% 5.0% 4.9% 4.6%

This unemployment rate is based on a monthly survey of 60,000 households, and
including individuals age 16 and up.[6]

According to the BLS, "People are considered employed if they did any work at
all for pay or profit during the survey reference week," including all part-
time and temporary work, regular full-time, year-round employment, and if a
person has a job which they did not work during the survey week due to factors
like illness, parental leave, or a labor dispute.[6]

People are classified as unemployed "if they do not have a job, have actively
looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work."[6]

The total of employed and unemployed people makes up the civilian labor force.
The unemployment rate, then, "reflects the number of unemployed people as a
percentage of the labor force."[6]

Trump is correct that people who "gave up looking for work" are not counted in
this unemployment rate. A person who has not actively looked for work for more
than 4 weeks is not designated as either employed or unemployed.
Labor force participation

Americans outside of the labor force are counted in the "labor force
participation rate." The rate refers to the percentage of the population that
is either working or actively seeking work.[6]

Since the end of the most recent recession in June 2009 through November 2016,
the unemployment rate has fallen from 9.5 percent to 4.6 percent.[7][5] The
labor force participation rate has fallen, too, though, from 65.7 percent in
June 2009 to 62.7 percent in November 2016.[8]
Conclusion

In a December interview with Fox News, Donald Trump criticized the relatively
low unemployment rate as deceptive, saying, "take a look at the real jobs
report, which are the millions of people that gave up looking for work, and
they're not considered in that number that's less than 5 percent."[1]

[1] TRUMP IS CORRECT. The unemployment rate does not count people who have not
looked for work in four weeks. These individuals are counted in the labor force
participation rate, which at 62.7 percent is near the ten-year low of 62.4
percent.

[2]
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Are_people_who_have_stopped_looking_for_work
_counted_in_the_unemployment_rate#cite_note-2

[3]
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Are_people_who_have_stopped_looking_for_work
_counted_in_the_unemployment_rate#cite_note-3

[4]
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Are_people_who_have_stopped_looking_for_work
_counted_in_the_unemployment_rate#cite_note-4

[5]
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Are_people_who_have_stopped_looking_for_work
_counted_in_the_unemployment_rate#cite_note-unemployment-5

[6]
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Are_people_who_have_stopped_looking_for_work
_counted_in_the_unemployment_rate#cite_note-how-6

[7]
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Are_people_who_have_stopped_looking_for_work
_counted_in_the_unemployment_rate#cite_note-7

[8]
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Are_people_who_have_stopped_looking_for_work
_counted_in_the_unemployment_rate#cite_note-8

AlleyCat is one of the several people who dominate Rudy on a daily basis,
keeping their bootheels on his little pencil neck to the amusement of all.

[I Just *LOVE* The Way This Sig-file Makes Boi-Fucker Lose His Fucking Mind]

Rudy's Little Man's Disease: A disease of short males marked by aggressive
antisocial behavior and constant overcompensation resulting in pompous
mannerisms such as spitting, twitching, swearing, speaking loudly and tough
talk.

"I can kill you with one hand. You know this." - Rudy

The disease only affects teenagers or men who are less than 5' 6" tall.

"I'm about eight inches shorter than Trump [6' 2"]." - Rudy

The severity of this disease is inversely proportional to the height of the
sufferer. Other characteristics of this scourge are a very short penis, acne,
low I.Q and bad etiquette.

Often these males are homophobic to the point of insanity because of latent
sexual orientation issues.

**FAGGOT!** - Rudy Canoza

"Fixed your lie, you you no-fight faggot." - Rudy Canoza

"Thanks for kicking my faggot ass." - Rudy Canoza

"'Self' is redundant, you toothless squat-to-piss no-fight faggot. - Rudy
Canoza

"I've beaten *you* to a bloody pulp, you squat-to-piss *no-fight* faggot -
every fucking time. You're a zero, as every, stale, squat-to-piss *no-fight*
faggot who incessantly bleats about "mommy's basement" *ALWAYS* is." - Rudy
Canoza

"... you you no-fight faggot." - Rudy Canoza

"... you toothless squat-to-piss no-fight faggot" - Rudy Canoza

"Kicked your flabby faggot ass again. Yes." - Rudy Canoza

"You a Squat-to-Piss Faggot." - Rudy Canoza

"The disgusting gurgling, slurping sounds below are just the faggots Hartung,
Sanitary Napkin and Bit of Nothingness enjoying a three-way" - Rudy Canoza

"YOU lose, Nazi faggot." - Rudy Canoza

Little Man's Disease is an untreatable epidemic in this country.

This is Rudy Canoza: https://i.imgur.com/4FSRuAQ.mp4

AlleyCat

Feb 16, 2024, 9:55:45 PMFeb 16

Trump is correct. The unemployment rate does not count people who have not
looked for work...

Headlines:

Millions Of Men Have Dropped Out Of The Workforce

People Who Have Stopped Looking For Work Counted

How Many Americans Are Unemployed? It's A Lot More Than 10 Million

Millions Of Americans Have Quit Looking For A Job

Concerns Mount Some Unemployed Have Stopped Looking For Work

Forget Lower Jobs Growth, The Number of People Who've Stopped Looking For Work
Is Much More Worrisome

People not looking for work because of COVID-19 - 10/2021

=====

Millions Of Men Have Dropped Out Of The Workforce, Leaving Companies ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/men-workforce-work-companies-struggle-fill-jobs-
manufacturing/

Jan 26, 2023 - A large number of American men of prime working age - between 25
and 54 years old - are not working or even looking for work, resulting in a
major hole in the American economy. In 1953, 98% of...

=====

Fact Check: Are People Who Have Stopped Looking For Work Counted In The ...

https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Are_people_who_have_stopped_looking_for_work
_counted_in_the_unemployment_rate

Yes. The official unemployment rate calculated by the Bureau of Labor
Statistics excludes people who have not actively sought a job in the preceding
four weeks, as they are no longer considered part of the civilian labor force.
Background Trump's comment to Wallace is not the first time that he has
challenged the utility of the unemployment rate.

=====

How Many Americans Are Unemployed? It's A Lot More Than 10 Million ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/19/how-many-americans-
unemployed/

Feb 19, 2021 - The United States currently has a lot of people out of work -
even more than during the worst point of the Great Recession. But exactly how
many people are unemployed right now is a...

=====

Understanding America's Labor Shortage | U.S. Chamber Of Commerce

https://www.uschamber.com/workforce/understanding-americas-labor-shortage

Nov 20, 2023 - Understanding the Gap. Right now, the labor force participation
rate is 62.7%, down from 63.3% in February 2020 and 67.2% in January 2001.
There's not just one reason that workers are sitting out, but several factors
have come together to cause the ongoing shortage. The factors detailed in the
next section have all contributed to a labor shortage.

=====

Big Problem: Millions Of Americans Have Quit Looking For A Job

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/big-problem-millions-americans-have-
quit-looking-job-61722

When people who are unemployed grow too discouraged and stop looking for work,
it causes the participation rate to go down. But as a result, the unemployment
rate goes down as well because...

=====

Why America Has 8.4 Million Unemployed When There Are 10 Million Job ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/09/04/ten-million-job-openings-
labor-shortage/

Sep 4, 20219 min correction A previous version of this article and an
accompanying chart overstated the number of leisure and hospitality job
openings in June. There were 1.7 million, not 3.5 million.

=====

Concerns Mount Some Unemployed Have Stopped Looking For Work ... - Newsweek

https://www.newsweek.com/concerns-mount-some-unemployed-have-stopped-looking-
work-job-postings-hold-steady-1641263

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:47 AM EDT By Zoe Strozewski Staff Writer Despite soaring
numbers of job postings and nationwide pushes to fill positions, concerns are
growing that some of the nation's...

=====

Forget Lower Jobs Growth, The Number Of People Who've Stopped Looking ...

https://theconversation.com/forget-lower-jobs-growth-the-number-of-people-
whove-stopped-looking-for-work-is-much-more-worrisome-118445

When people who are unemployed grow too discouraged and stop looking for work,
it causes the participation rate to go down. But as a result, the unemployment
rate goes down as well because it...

=====

Who Are America's Missing Workers? - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/12/business/economy/labor-participation-
covid.html

Sep 12, 2022 - Sept. 12, 2022. As the United States emerges from the pandemic,
employers have been desperate to hire. But while demand for goods and services
has rebounded, the supply of labor has fallen short ...

=====

People Not Looking For Work Because Of COVID-19

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2021/people-not-looking-for-work-because-of-covid-
19.htm

In October 2021, a smaller percentage of people ages 16 to 24 did not look for
work because of the pandemic (4.8 percent), compared with people ages 25 to 54
(9.1 percent) and those age 55 and older (8.6 percent). Women who wanted a job
were more likely than men to be prevented from looking for work due to the
pandemic in October.

Siri Cruise

Feb 16, 2024, 10:52:53 PMFeb 16
bob smith wrote:
> You two are obviously bridge purchasing candidates. I got one for sale,
> cheap, in San Francisco.
>
> Jobs that are eliminated because the positions pay too much money, then
> later recreated at lower salaries with fewer hours and benefits don't
> count as "new".
>
> If you swallow those Biden administration lies, you'll swallow anything.

BLS publishes a variety of statistics measured objectively the
same way year after year. It's not whether they are exactly
correct but whether they comparable one year to the next.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Siri Cruise

Feb 16, 2024, 11:07:29 PMFeb 16
AlleyCat wrote:
> Trump Right Again: The Unemployment Rate Does Not Count People Who Have Not
> Looked For Work
>
> Conclusion
>
> In a December interview with Fox News, Donald Trump criticized the relatively
> low unemployment rate as deceptive, saying, "take a look at the real jobs
> report, which are the millions of people that gave up looking for work, and
> they're not considered in that number that's less than 5 percent."

You don't have to use U3, but BLS kindly produces U4, U5, and U6
as well.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

U-4 Total unemployed plus discouraged workers, as a percent of the
civilian labor force plus discouraged workers

U-5 Total unemployed, plus discouraged workers, plus all other
persons marginally attached to the labor force, as a percent of
the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to
the labor force

U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the
labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons,
as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons
marginally attached to the labor force

U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force
(official unemployment rate)

U-2 Job losers and persons who completed temporary jobs, as a
percent of the civilian labor force

U-1 Persons unemployed 15 weeks or longer, as a percent of the
civilian labor force

NOTE: Persons marginally attached to the labor force are those who
currently are neither working nor looking for work but indicate
that they want and are available for a job and have looked for
work sometime in the past 12 months. Discouraged workers, a subset
of the marginally attached, have given a job-market related reason
for not currently looking for work. Persons employed part time for
economic reasons are those who want and are available for
full-time work but have had to settle for a part-time schedule.
Updated population controls are introduced annually with the
release of January data.

Lou Bricano

Feb 16, 2024, 11:53:52 PMFeb 16
And Blowjob runs away again...

Rudy Canoza

Feb 17, 2024, 11:28:42 AMFeb 17
['can.politics' gratuitous bullshit crosspost removed]

[subject line vandalism by squat-to-piss communist cocksucker repaired]

On every date, the mental defective AlleyPussyBitch, the narcissist, aka
Neutered Pussy — *NOT* a three letter athlete, was *NEVER* a bouncer, *NEVER* a
golf pro, *NEVER* a lifeguard, *NEVER* dunked a basketball, and has *NEVER* been
laid, but just a pole-puffing no-fight squat-to-piss shrieking estrogen-oozing
fairy — *capitulated* and *submitted* to Rudy and then lied:

> Trump Right Again: The Unemployment Rate Does Not Count People Who Have Not
> Looked For Work

Trump didn't say that. Trump would not know to say that.

The unemployment rate is the percentage of people in the labor force who don't
have jobs, would like to have a job, and who have looked for work. There are two
ways the unemployment rate could go down:

1. People who were in the labor force without jobs who were looking for work
have dropped out of the labor force because they became "discouraged"

2. People in the labor force without jobs have found jobs

#1 *is not happening* in the current employment market. #2 *is* happening:
people without jobs who are looking for employment are finding employment.

Employed persons (thousands):

Jan 2020 — 158,714
Feb 2020 — 158,759
Mar 2020 — 155,772 (fell from previous month because pandemic began hitting)
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_04032020.pdf

Jan 2024 — 161,152
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

*Yes*: highest employment.

Civilian noninstitutional population (thousands):

Feb 2020 — 259,628
Jan 2024 — 267,540

Labor force (thousands):

Feb 2020 — 164,546
Jan 2024 — 167,276

Labor force participation rate:

Feb 2020 — 63.4%
Jan 2024 — 62.5% (lower because baby boomers are *retiring* — that's *normal*)

This is the standard AlleyPussyBitch right-wingnut lie: that unemployment is
falling "only" because unemployed people are becoming "discouraged" and dropping
out of the labor force. It's a lie. The labor force is *rising*, and they are
*finding* jobs. AlleyPussyBitch and all right-wingnuts are lying about the
employment situation. The jobs market is robust, and people are finding work. No
one is dropping out of the work force because of "discouragement" about finding
work. People leaving the labor force are doing so because they are retiring.

--
Canoza's law: AlleyPussyBitch (the narcissistic toddler) is *always* wrong.

Rudy Canoza

Feb 17, 2024, 11:33:02 AMFeb 17
['can.politics' gratuitous bullshit crosspost removed]

[subject line vandalism by squat-to-piss communist cocksucker repaired]

On every date, the mental defective AlleyPussyBitch, the narcissist, aka
Neutered Pussy — *NOT* a three letter athlete, was *NEVER* a bouncer, *NEVER* a
golf pro, *NEVER* a lifeguard, *NEVER* dunked a basketball, and has *NEVER* been
laid, but just a pole-puffing no-fight squat-to-piss shrieking estrogen-oozing
fairy — *capitulated* and *submitted* to Rudy and then lied:

> The Big Lie: x.xx% Unemployment
>
> Here's something that many Americans - including some of the smartest and most
> educated among us - don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by
> the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.

No, it is not misleading in any way.

> Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and
> Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%.

It is at 3.7%

> None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is
> unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job - if you are so
> hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -
> the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed.

That's not happening. People are not leaving the work force. People are
*entering* the work force, and they are *all* finding jobs. The labor force
participation rate is *rising*, you fucking Nazi liar.

Skeeter

Feb 17, 2024, 2:16:37 PMFeb 17
In article <%c5AN.229388$yEgf....@fx09.iad>, rc.@hendrie.con says...

> ['can.politics' gratuitous bullshit crosspost removed]
>
> [subject line vandalism by squat-to-piss communist cocksucker repaired]
>
> On every date, the mental defective AlleyPussyBitch, the narcissist, aka
> Neutered Pussy ? *NOT* a three letter athlete, was *NEVER* a bouncer, *NEVER* a
> golf pro, *NEVER* a lifeguard, *NEVER* dunked a basketball, and has *NEVER* been
> laid, but just a pole-puffing no-fight squat-to-piss shrieking estrogen-oozing
> fairy ? *capitulated* and *submitted* to Rudy and then lied:
>

> > The Big Lie: x.xx% Unemployment
> >
> > Here's something that many Americans - including some of the smartest and most
> > educated among us - don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by
> > the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading.
>
> No, it is not misleading in any way.
>

> > Right now, we're hearing much celebrating from the media, the White House and
> > Wall Street about how unemployment is "down" to 5.6%.
>
> It is at 3.7%
>

> > None of them will tell you this: If you, a family member or anyone is
> > unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job - if you are so
> > hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -
> > the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed.
>
> That's not happening. People are not leaving the work force. People are
> *entering* the work force, and they are *all* finding jobs. The labor force
> participation rate is *rising*, you fucking Nazi liar.

Going back to work after Covid shutdowns is not job growth.

Skeeter

Feb 17, 2024, 2:19:09 PMFeb 17
In article <Y85AN.229383$yEgf....@fx09.iad>, rc.@hendrie.con says...

> ['can.politics' gratuitous bullshit crosspost removed]
>
> [subject line vandalism by squat-to-piss communist cocksucker repaired]
>
> On every date, the mental defective AlleyPussyBitch, the narcissist, aka
> Neutered Pussy ? *NOT* a three letter athlete, was *NEVER* a bouncer, *NEVER* a
> golf pro, *NEVER* a lifeguard, *NEVER* dunked a basketball, and has *NEVER* been
> laid, but just a pole-puffing no-fight squat-to-piss shrieking estrogen-oozing
> fairy ? *capitulated* and *submitted* to Rudy and then lied:
>

> > Trump Right Again: The Unemployment Rate Does Not Count People Who Have Not
> > Looked For Work
>
> Trump didn't say that. Trump would not know to say that.

But he did and he also said to "go peacefully".

> The unemployment rate is the percentage of people in the labor force who don't
> have jobs, would like to have a job, and who have looked for work. There are two
> ways the unemployment rate could go down:
>
> 1. People who were in the labor force without jobs who were looking for work
> have dropped out of the labor force because they became "discouraged"

The word is lazy.

> 2. People in the labor force without jobs have found jobs

Or went back to work.

> #1 *is not happening* in the current employment market. #2 *is* happening:
> people without jobs who are looking for employment are finding employment.

Tell that to all the people who don't have jobs. Like your fence
jumpers.

> Employed persons (thousands):
>
> Jan 2020 ? 158,714
> Feb 2020 ? 158,759
> Mar 2020 ? 155,772 (fell from previous month because pandemic began hitting)
> https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_04032020.pdf
>
> Jan 2024 ? 161,152
> https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
>
> *Yes*: highest employment.
>
> Civilian noninstitutional population (thousands):
>
> Feb 2020 ? 259,628
> Jan 2024 ? 267,540
>
> Labor force (thousands):
>
> Feb 2020 ? 164,546
> Jan 2024 ? 167,276
>
> Labor force participation rate:
>
> Feb 2020 ? 63.4%
> Jan 2024 ? 62.5% (lower because baby boomers are *retiring* ? that's *normal*)
>
> This is the standard AlleyPussyBitch right-wingnut lie: that unemployment is
> falling "only" because unemployed people are becoming "discouraged" and dropping
> out of the labor force. It's a lie. The labor force is *rising*, and they are
> *finding* jobs. AlleyPussyBitch and all right-wingnuts are lying about the
> employment situation. The jobs market is robust, and people are finding work. No
> one is dropping out of the work force because of "discouragement" about finding
> work. People leaving the labor force are doing so because they are retiring.

Lies. Fani fucked up.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 8:13:51 PMFeb 17
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 16:54:06 +0000, "Lee" <cle...@gmail.com> wrote:

>“President Biden’s economic
>plan is working,” said
>Commerce Secretary Raimondo.
>“When President Biden took
>office, the unemployment rate
>was 6.3%. Today, it is just
>3.4%. That’s the lowest in 54
>years.”

Read it again.

Swill
--
Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

"I don't want everybody to vote. As a matter of fact, our leverage in
the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
- Paul Weyrich, co founder of Heritage Foundation and Moral Majority

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 8:14:59 PMFeb 17
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 20:20:29 -0000 (UTC), bob smith <bobs...@facebook.com> wrote:

>On 16 Feb 2024, Lou Bricano <l...@cap.con> posted some
>
>> On 2/16/2024 8:54 AM, Lee wrote:
>>>

>>> News: Unemployment is at its
>>> Lowest Level in 54 years
>>> February 3, 2023
>>>
>>> Today, the U.S. Department of
>>> Labor’s Bureau of Labor
>>> Statistics released the monthly
>>> Jobs Report which shows the
>>> unemployment rate has dropped
>>> to 3.4% with more than a half
>>> million jobs created in January
>>> and 800,000 manufacturing jobs
>>> created in the last two years.
>
>You two are obviously bridge purchasing candidates. I got one for sale,
>cheap, in San Francisco.
>
>Jobs that are eliminated because the positions pay too much money, then
>later recreated at lower salaries with fewer hours and benefits don't
>count as "new".
>
>If you swallow those Biden administration lies, you'll swallow anything.

You Republicans can sure make up some entertaining bullshit!

NoBody

Feb 18, 2024, 9:13:30 AMFeb 18
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 16:54:06 +0000, "Lee" <cle...@gmail.com> wrote:

>News: Unemployment is at its
>Lowest Level in 54 years
>February 3, 2023
>
>Today, the U.S. Department of
>Labor’s Bureau of Labor
>Statistics released the monthly
>Jobs Report which shows the
>unemployment rate has dropped
>to 3.4% with more than a half
>million jobs created in January
>and 800,000 manufacturing jobs
>created in the last two years.

Horsecrap. Companies are laying off left and right. Only a fool
believes government numbers these days.

Skeeter

Feb 18, 2024, 9:17:57 AMFeb 18
In article <lfm2tithifr0l6ged...@4ax.com>,
governo...@gmail.com says...

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 20:20:29 -0000 (UTC), bob smith <bobs...@facebook.com> wrote:
>
> >On 16 Feb 2024, Lou Bricano <l...@cap.con> posted some

> >You two are obviously bridge purchasing candidates. I got one for sale,
> >cheap, in San Francisco.
> >
> >Jobs that are eliminated because the positions pay too much money, then
> >later recreated at lower salaries with fewer hours and benefits don't
> >count as "new".
> >
> >If you swallow those Biden administration lies, you'll swallow anything.
>
> You Republicans can sure make up some entertaining bullshit!
>
> Swill

Like Fani and her boyfriend?

Governor Swill

Feb 18, 2024, 11:54:30 AMFeb 18
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 20:07:22 -0800, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>AlleyCat wrote:
>> Trump Right Again: The Unemployment Rate Does Not Count People Who Have Not
>> Looked For Work
>>
>> Conclusion
>>
>> In a December interview with Fox News, Donald Trump criticized the relatively
>> low unemployment rate as deceptive, saying, "take a look at the real jobs
>> report, which are the millions of people that gave up looking for work, and
>> they're not considered in that number that's less than 5 percent."

He did that in 2016 as well. When the rate was running between 4.5 and 5% Trump claimed
the real rate was upwards of 20%. But the next March when the February jobs report came
out and the rate was 4.4%, Trump took credit for the 16 point improvement.

Lee

Feb 18, 2024, 12:48:49 PMFeb 18
Fools like Fox News?

Solid US hiring lowers unemployment
rate in latest sign of a still-sturdy
job market
Dec 8, 2023
https://fox2now.com/news/business/ap-business/ap-is-the-us-economy-on-tr
ack-for-a-soft-landing-fridays-jobs-report-may-offer-clues/

Lou Bricano

Feb 18, 2024, 1:41:14 PMFeb 18
On 2/16/2024 12:20 PM, bob smith wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2024, Lou Bricano <l...@cap.con> posted some
>
>> On 2/16/2024 8:54 AM, Lee wrote:
>>>

>>> News: Unemployment is at its
>>> Lowest Level in 54 years
>>> February 3, 2023
>>>
>>> Today, the U.S. Department of
>>> Labor’s Bureau of Labor
>>> Statistics released the monthly
>>> Jobs Report which shows the
>>> unemployment rate has dropped
>>> to 3.4% with more than a half
>>> million jobs created in January
>>> and 800,000 manufacturing jobs
>>> created in the last two years.
>
> You two are obviously bridge purchasing candidates. I got one for sale,
> cheap, in San Francisco.
>
> Jobs that are eliminated because the positions pay too much money, then
> later recreated at lower salaries with fewer hours and benefits

Doesn't happen.

Lou Bricano

Feb 18, 2024, 1:41:32 PMFeb 18
And even more companies are hiring left and right. Employment is rising,
unemployment is falling. The numbers are accurate and are telling the real story.

Siri Cruise

Feb 18, 2024, 2:50:50 PMFeb 18
When facts don't agree with you, just make up fake facts.

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 3:01:18 PMFeb 18
On 2/18/2024 11:50 AM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> NoBody wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 16:54:06 +0000, "Lee" <cle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> News: Unemployment is at its
>>> Lowest Level in 54 years
>>> February 3, 2023
>>>
>>> Today, the U.S. Department of
>>> Labor’s Bureau of Labor
>>> Statistics released the monthly
>>> Jobs Report which shows the
>>> unemployment rate has dropped
>>> to 3.4% with more than a half
>>> million jobs created in January
>>> and 800,000 manufacturing jobs
>>> created in the last two years.
>>
>> Horsecrap.  Companies are laying off left and right.  Only a fool
>> believes government numbers these days.
>>

> When facts don't agree with you, just make up fake facts.

That's all Kremlin Girl / Bit of Nothingness ever does.

Here are the facts.

Employed persons (thousands):

Jan 2020 — 158,714
Feb 2020 — 158,759
Mar 2020 — 155,772 (fell from previous month because pandemic began hitting)
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_04032020.pdf

Jan 2024 — 161,152
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

*Yes*: highest employment. There are 2.4 *million* more people employed now than
at the peak under Trump.

Civilian noninstitutional population (thousands):

Feb 2020 — 259,628
Jan 2024 — 267,540

Labor force (thousands):

Feb 2020 — 164,546
Jan 2024 — 167,276

Labor force participation rate:

Feb 2020 — 63.4%
Jan 2024 — 62.5% (lower because baby boomers are *retiring* — that's *normal*)

The economy is strong at present. There is no guarantee that it will remain
strong through the year, but there are no signs of an impending recession.
People who claim the economy is bad at the moment are expressing their
MAGA-tude, not facts.

Governor Swill

Feb 18, 2024, 4:37:04 PMFeb 18
Figure this one out.

Fox Business posted both of these stories February 2, 2024

"Economy: Published February 2, 2024 2:00am EST"
"January jobs report expected to show that hiring slowed last month"
<https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/january-jobs-report-expected-show-hiring-slowed-last-month>

"Jobs: Published February 2, 2024 8:32am EST"
"US job growth unexpectedly jumps in January as economy adds 353,000 new positions"
<https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/us-jobs-report-january-2024>

LOL!

NoBody

Feb 19, 2024, 7:06:37 AMFeb 19
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 17:48:38 +0000, "Lee" <cle...@gmail.com> wrote:

Fox news is just repeating the BS government data. I don't believe it
from them either.

Look around around you instead of blindly believing everything the
media says.

NoBody

Feb 19, 2024, 7:07:27 AMFeb 19
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:50:44 -0800, Siri Cruise
<chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>NoBody wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 16:54:06 +0000, "Lee" <cle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> News: Unemployment is at its
>>> Lowest Level in 54 years
>>> February 3, 2023
>>>
>>> Today, the U.S. Department of
>>> Labor’s Bureau of Labor
>>> Statistics released the monthly
>>> Jobs Report which shows the
>>> unemployment rate has dropped
>>> to 3.4% with more than a half
>>> million jobs created in January
>>> and 800,000 manufacturing jobs
>>> created in the last two years.
>>
>> Horsecrap. Companies are laying off left and right. Only a fool
>> believes government numbers these days.
>>

>When facts don't agree with you, just make up fake facts.

I'm glad you agree with me about the media.

Lee

Feb 19, 2024, 11:10:42 AMFeb 19

NoBody

Feb 20, 2024, 7:18:11 AMFeb 20
Look at you running away by changing the subject.
Again.

Siri Cruise

Feb 20, 2024, 2:33:26 PMFeb 20
'Only a fool believes government numbers these days'

Lee

Feb 21, 2024, 9:17:57 PMFeb 21
The BLS numbers are accurate.

Trump says it, Fox News says it.

NoBody

Feb 22, 2024, 7:25:19 AMFeb 22
Try looking around you and don't blindly believe what you're told.