decline 2022 08

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 8:28:57 AM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2swmxvex> fgazette.com

America is on a decline in many respects. Watch the news and see the
problems we have. Turn to FOX News and see how perilous America has
become, and if you don't like that commentary turn to CNN and observe
an opposite reaction, yet every bit as dire as other news outlets ..
As discouraging as the message we receive is stressful to the typical
citizen, there are actual physical signs of decline in America that
cannot be denied nor glossed over ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/27bfvag4>
>
> America's Power in Decline .. it witnesses failures everywhere ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 8:46:07 AM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/272k2vma> telegraph.co.uk

Make no mistake, with energy prices set to rise to unprecedented highs,
we are approaching one of the biggest geopolitical earthquake in decades.
The ensuing convulsions are likely to be of a far greater order of
magnitude than those that followed the 2008 financial crash .. The West
is not going to escape this Armageddon. In fact, in many ways, it looks
set to be its epicentre .. In Europe and America, a technocratic elite
system built on mythology and complacency is crumbling ..

People are left wondering why .. Nor is there any explanation for this
fiasco apart from decades of failed assumptions and policy missteps by
our governing class ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/5dpzk3f9>
>
> .. America Approaching Its "Sell by" Date ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 8:51:29 AM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2d5aqhup> substack.com

.. the Slow Decline of the U.S. Military

The defense base has shrunk in dangerous ways .. China is getting weapons
"five to six times" more rapidly than the United States. "In purchasing
power parity, .. they spend about one dollar to our 20 dollars to get to
the same capability." This problem is directly related to .. the business
strategy of U.S. defense contractors ..

Everyone knows how screwed up U.S. procurement is .. For instance, the U.S.
can't replace its stocks of Javelins and Stinger missiles sent to Ukraine,
it's going to take years to restart some of the assembly lines .. Raytheon
and Lockheed are having supply chain issues, and are unable to deliver
weapons .. We can't even make the chips for weapons systems ..

> <https://archive.is/knwGp>
>
> US manufacturing and construction suffers ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 9:00:59 AM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2ydgjxuf> thehill.com

More Americans are living paycheck to paycheck as average savings decline
and consumer prices are rising .. Last summer we were all worried about
how quickly the economy would recover. Now, as inflation continues its
upwards swing, consumers are finding it more difficult to manage spending
and are eating into their savings ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/bbuwy5ky>
> Millions of Americans are demonstrating symptoms of what are generally
> referred to as pathological disorders ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 9:20:54 AM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2y7pzob8> heritage.org

America Declines as the Elites Remain in Denial

- Spending, borrowing and printing trillions of dollars has unleashed
an inflationary plague that is crushing the middle and working classes ..
- The ruling class who thinks Orwellian word games will make their
problems go away are painfully unaware of just how devastating their
policies are ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/4c72k6fb>
>
> It will not be pleasant to watch ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 9:41:36 AM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/23jknur4> thetrumpet.com

.. America's economic crisis is likely to get worse

As the intelligentsia debates whether or not the United States is in a
recession .. America's economy is shrinking, and real personal income is
falling. And many believe the state of the economy will get worse ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/25nggmgs>
>
> America is losing many of the attributes that accounted for its success ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 9:56:09 AM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2dcrynms> news.cn

U.S. fails to recognize its condition of relative decline ..

The United States has been in relative decline for decades,
which it has failed to recognize .. The United States has been
growing at a slower rate than most of the rest of the world ..
The main problem, however, is not the relative decline itself,
which is a natural phenomenon occurring as companies, sectors,
regions and countries grow at uneven rates, but "a failure to
recognize this condition ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/24qbjjsj>
>
> United States: the end of an illusion of omnipotence

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 10:06:25 AM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2nsnd788> globaltimes.cn

The China Society for Human Rights Studies (CSHRS) on Tuesday released a
report, revealing a series of crimes committed by the United States in the
Middle East and surrounding areas that seriously violated international law.

.. The CSHRS report focused on Washington's systematic violations of human
rights, including launching wars, massacring civilians, and damaging the
right to life and survival; forced transformation, unilateral sanctions,
severe infringement of people's rights to development, life and health;
creating "clash of civilizations" and abusing imprisonment and torture, and
violating freedom of religion and human dignity. It underlined that the
United States has committed war crimes, crimes against humanity, arbitrary
detention, abuse of torture, torture of prisoners, and indiscriminate
unilateral sanctions in the Middle East and surrounding areas ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yzavrkuq>
>
> Failure in Afghanistan signals American era is ending ..

Stephen Harding

Aug 9, 2022, 12:24:29 PM8/9/22
China Society for Human Rights Studies (CSHRS)???!!!

There's an oxymoronic name if I've ever heard one!

SMH

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 9:48:23 PM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2kvxujrf> dailyexpress.com.my

USA is fast declining. No doubt that USA has been a declining superpower
for some years. It turn-tailed in Vietnam, Iraq, and worst case it
surrendered and ran away from a rag-tag Taliban army after spending more
than USD1 trillion, 20 years, dropping countless bombs and sacrificing
many young Americans' lives for nothing .. A genuine superpower doesn't
do these shameful things and would not allow itself to be caught in such
a compromising stupid / embarrassing position .. Typically of a fast-
declining superpower, it is clinging to straws to maintain its position,
not caring about consequences ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2kvxujrf>

> <https://archive.is/4kVpi>
>
> Wherever one looks, America's blueprint has failed ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 9:55:59 PM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2faqj6mc> washingtontimes.com

The Biden administration's recession has arrived ..
According to the report, GDP declined an annualized 0.9% in the second
quarter of 2022, following the 1.6% decline in the first quarter. For
two quarters in a row, domestic output has shrunk-the traditional
definition of a recession .. Food prices have risen 10.4% over the last
year, and energy prices are up 41.6%. Under the Biden Administration,
many Americans now must choose between putting food on the table and
having enough gas to get to work .. Instead of taking responsibility for
the ongoing slowdown that is entirely the result of failed leadership,
the White House is attempting to redefine the commonly accepted
definition of a recession ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yb3ok5lw>
>
> .. People resorting to burning their furniture ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 10:11:44 PM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2gv39uh4> dailysignal.com

National leaders and institutions seem oblivious to their own active role
in America's decline. People stop trusting institutions and leaders ..
There is one set of rules for elites and another for everyone else. There's
no shortage of examples .. America's top leaders and organizations have
earned the loss of trust they now face ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/drug-overdose-pindos>
> <https://tinyurl.com/drug-overdose-europe>
> America the leprosarium.

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 10:25:54 PM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2qhzlkeq> news.cn

Forced labor remains rampant in U.S., gets worse ..

The report, titled "The United States' Practice of Forced Labor at Home and
Abroad: Truth and Facts," said it aims to clarify facts, debunk lies .. The
United States has "a horrible track record" of forced labor, the report
said. Over the years, the U.S. government has deliberately evaded its
responsibility for labor protection, resulting in "slave labor" among
prisoners in private prisons, rampant use of child labor, and appalling
forced labor in the agriculture sector, effectively making America a country
of "modern slavery," it said .. "Forced labor of women and children is
appalling," the report said ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yj5jblpu>
>
> Rather Than Pay Fairer Wages, Businesses Look To Prisons ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 10:35:52 PM8/9/22
<https://tinyurl.com/266m5a2b> themedialine.org

US Influence in the Middle East on the Decline

Young rulers in Riyadh and the Abu Dhabi are speaking up against
American policies .. Biden's recent visit to the Middle East failed to
achieve its stated goals, and exposed cracks .. US prestige around the
region has been weakened .. Pundits and mouthpieces .. are now openly
describing Washington as an "untrustworthy ally" ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2p8wwyef>
>
> .. America's fiery, brutal impotence

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 9, 2022, 10:56:07 PM8/9/22
<https://archive.is/d7G1e> theepochtimes.com

Trump Tells Americans to Brace for 'A Lot Worse' Than Recession ..

"Our country is being shot. It's being destroyed," Trump told attendees ..
Trump then issued an ominous warning that, absent a course correction, the
recession could spiral into something even worse ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y4ylxptm>
>
> Seven in ten Americans say the country is in crisis

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 2:21:08 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zmb9bof> bloomberg.com

The American War on Women Is Getting Worse

.. The issue about the shocking number of US hospitals that have
closed their maternity wards .. Women in labor are traveling hours
just to reach the hospital, only to be told the labor and delivery
unit is closed. They're delivering in ambulances, or in the ER
with nurses who aren't trained in obstetrics ..

> <http://tinyurl.com/ycda5mz8>
>
> .. Child brides in America ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 2:40:56 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zoqf94e> fastcompany.com

.. It's getting more expensive to build everywhere ..

Across North America, construction costs are up .. The impact of this
trend is that it's becoming increasingly expensive to build homes and
office buildings. The rising costs may very well signal an oncoming
recession .. Increases in cost-of-living expenses and rising interest
rates .. are making the current housing crisis worse ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2hfy9f2j>
>
> Water was leaking from the ceiling into her apartment ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 2:50:43 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2nywznrz> governing.com

The Drug Crisis Is Getting Worse ..

More than 100,000 people died from a drug overdose in the U.S. in 2021,
with the overwhelming majority of those deaths involving opioids.
That's up 15 percent over 2020, and a more than fivefold increase since
the turn of the millennium. The surge is particularly bad in America's
cities .. The crisis is now everywhere ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2n7ty369>
>
> .. Border crisis .. We never knew it could get so much worse ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 3:32:17 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2j3rs8ts> upi.com

At no time in America's history has the last and current president and
Congress all been held in such contempt and low regard, reinforcing this
grim outlook. Many around the world harbor similar negative attitudes
toward America .. Dangerous coexistence also describes America at home.
The upsurge in crime, mass shootings, domestic violence and the
disappearance of civility .. are shocking symptoms of a nation in failing
political health ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2pwz9gll>
>
> U.S. productivity drops in second quarter; annual decline largest ever

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 3:50:42 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2az48nzd> washingtonpost.com

.. America faces catastrophic teacher shortage

Rural school districts in Texas are switching to four-day weeks this
fall due to lack of staff. Florida is asking veterans with no teaching
background to enter classrooms. Arizona is allowing college students
to step in and instruct children. The teacher shortage in America has
hit crisis levels - and school officials everywhere are scrambling ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2oghnopt>
>
> .. 54% of US adults 16-74 years old - about 130 million people -
> lack proficiency in literacy, reading below the equivalent of a
> sixth-grade level ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 4:27:05 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2z27qzbs> damemagazine.com

.. The U.S. is .. a petri dish for extremely stupid ideas with entirely
predictable outcomes .. The U.S. is not merely starting a tire fire in
the living room. It has decided to do a myriad of explosively stupid
things, and then blame the results on anything but their own actions.
It's like deliberately giving yourself a meth addiction (to improve
productivity), getting a thin blue line face tattoo (to show your
patriotism), and then wondering .. Let's explore just a few of these bad
ideas, and the entirely predictable results .. Every time their ideas
crash and burn, we the public end up paying the price ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2z27qzbs>

> <https://archive.is/Mpcoh>
>
> You Are Living in the Golden Age of Stupidity

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 4:45:48 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zv3dkdc> washingtontimes.com

Most Americans think the U.S. economy is getting worse ..

More than two-thirds of Americans, or 69%, feel that the nation's economy
is getting worse and headed in the wrong direction amid the highest
inflation in four decades, according to a new poll ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yef23k33>
>
> Recent collapses of bridges ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 5:21:37 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2m2rzl5f> farmforum.net

Dietary Guidelines for Americans are a failed human experiment ..

For nearly 40 years, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans have been the
cornerstone of our nutritional policies .. These recommendations .. are
the blueprint followed by many of our nation's food programs including the
U.S. Department of Agriculture's Special Nutritional Program for Women,
Infants, & Children, meal plans for the elderly in nursing homes, school
lunch programs, hospitals, the military, day care centers, and more ..
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans are taught in the public school
system and reinforced in medical school .. The guidelines then shape our
food producers, agricultural policies ..

Since the introduction of the guidelines in 1980, the health of Americans
has sharply declined .. Does it surprise you to learn that our life
expectancy .. is declining, with obesity being a major contributing factor?
.. New information shows that Americans have followed the guidelines very
well since their inception in 1980, with disastrous results ..

Without question, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans are a failed
experiment on human health. As citizens, we should say no more to biased
recommendations ..

And these incompetent oafs lust to rule the world.

> <https://tinyurl.com/y9eey42k>
>
> .. the US managerial class .. selfish, callous, and incompetent ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 5:36:16 AM8/10/22
<https://archive.is/yuV0h> theepochtimes.com

Members of Congress don't read the bills because they are too long, but
neither do reporters on deadlines. Votes turn entirely on benefits doled
out to particular interest groups represented by the politician in
question. As a result, we are left mostly in the dark about what these
people are actually doing with our money .. The damage being done to the
future economic health of America by this current Congress is truly
incalculable. Actually, it's terrifying ..

Read more <https://archive.is/yuV0h>

> <https://tinyurl.com/yj8wzq29>
>
> .. Are Americans better off today than they were 20 years ago? ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 5:51:00 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2en38bul> thetelegraph.com

As Americans try to put Covid behind us, another frightening virus
has invaded our country: monkeypox, which causes hideous disfigurement
one might see in a science fiction horror movie ..

The Biden administration has failed to develop testing and quarantine
protocols for this dreadful new virus .. Public health officials are
focusing more on trying to change the name of "monkeypox" rather than
limiting it .. "The window for getting control of this and containing
it probably has closed," ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2nh795xh>
>
> .. Monkeypox outbreak reveals another U.S. public health failure

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 6:26:27 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2g2xaes8> unherd.com

America has lost its purpose ..

The American ruling class has no sense of what role it is meant to
play in world affairs. It acts with reckless senility, provoking rival
powers while uncertain of its own aims. To distract from this underlying
reality, it fixates on symbolically potent acts .. As US leadership
escalates confrontation with two nuclear powers in China and Russia, it
cannot even define where its nation's vital interests are at stake in
those arenas ..

The US is driven just by primitive lust for [a sense of] domination.
America is utterly primitive and animalistic in its basics. And various
rationalizations they invent mean little.

> <https://archive.is/JnZts>
>
> .. Things are not going well in the United States ..

Blue Lives Matter

Aug 10, 2022, 6:31:59 AM8/10/22
On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 12:20:34 +0300, "Oleg Smirnov" <os...@netc.eu>
wrote:
B..b..but we're from the government and we're here to help you...

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 10:05:56 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2j6wghso> unherd.com

We .. live in an age of failure. Consider the trajectory of the current
crop of leaders in the Western democracies. Less than two years after his
election, Biden is a political corpse, with approval rates as low as 31%.
Two and a half years after winning a smashing electoral victory, Britain's
Boris Johnson has resigned in disgrace. In France, Emmanuel Macron, though
re-elected, now faces a hostile parliament. In Italy, unelected super-
technocrat Mario Draghi has been forced to resign by his unhappy coalition
partners. In Germany, a cats-and-dogs government is struggling with past
policy failures ..

The explanation for the collapse of trust in democratic institutions is a
simple one: politicians promise what they can't possibly deliver .. Biden,
Johnson, and company .. They mostly failed. The public, having bought into
the Promethean rhetoric, can only interpret failure as the consequence of
corruption rather than incompetence ..

The situation when elected leaders betray the expectations of their voters
and fail on electoral promises is more the rule than the exception for the
modern "western democracies". And it's not [only] because of incompetence
and corruption. Besides the mass of ordinary voters, there's always some
more powerful *unelected* actors and forces affecting government policies,
which may be the Deep State and [trans]national corporate clans with their
interest or (in the case of smaller nations) powerful foreign forces.

Any electoral rhetoric is always largely lies.

And the ordinary voters can't even think for themselves and on their own,
since the mainstream mass media zombify their brains, while the mainstream
media are also owned by those very unelected actors and forces.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2baorblm>
>
> American "Democracy" as a Dead Parrot ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 10:15:33 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zr9nqep> thetechedvocate.org

The reality is that the United States' education system is failing and has
been failing for a long time .. Our data does not lie .. I'd like to share
some of my own experiences working in failing school districts ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2zr9nqep>

> <https://tinyurl.com/2hob7e5x>
>
> .. U.S. reading crisis has been 20 years in the making ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 10:20:49 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2ftjfuu4> greenwichfreepress.com

America's crime wave is coming to a town near you .. Strong-
arm robberies, vehicle break-ins, various street crimes and
homeless panhandling are becoming commonplace. Crime has
become a sign of the times in our cities and it is spilling
over into the suburbs .. Cities and states are overrun with
failed policy, high crime, fiscal irresponsibility and zero
accountability.

> <https://tinyurl.com/yjwxpadv>
>
> Violent crime is spiraling out of control ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 10, 2022, 10:25:46 AM8/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2eohxrp3> newsweek.com

America's Economy Is In Trouble ..

It doesn't really matter whether we are technically in a recession or
not. What matters is that the American economy is in trouble and hard-
working families are feeling the pain. We are in the midst of the
worst inflationary spike in 40 years, and it shows no signs of easing.
Prices for everyday goods and services are through the roof. The cost
of gas .. Rents are surging and .. the housing market is even more
lopsided against buyers. Supply chain issues continue to paralyze the
economy .. Businesses are struggling .. The stock market saw its worst
.. There is simply no escape ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2phdgttt>
>
> Want To Move Out Of The US? How To Get A Second Passport

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 11, 2022, 7:55:41 AM8/11/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zvhfy5n> eurasiareview.com

.. America's 30-Year Recession ..

The real inflationary culprits are global supply constraints and big
corporations with the power to raise prices. So beware. The Fed is likely
to continue to raise interest rates when it meets in September. This means
middle and lower-income Americans will be hit with two simultaneous shocks:
not just shrinking paychecks they're now enduring, but also a slowing
economy in which they are the first to lose hours and jobs .. The Fed is
poised to make [things] worse for lower-income Americans. Inequality in
America is already horrific .. For the last three decades, the middle class
has been shrinking .. The biggest threat to our economy and society is no
longer inflation or recession, per se. The biggest threat is a large and
growing class of have-lesses ..

> <https://archive.is/WXhli>
>
> The American Dream .. is an illusion in today's world ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 11, 2022, 8:01:15 AM8/11/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2ne58y2p> spectator.co.uk

Xi Jinping must look at America and see not just a superpower in decline
but a gerontocracy that has lost its marbles .. Last week, Joe Biden's
White House tried to redefine the word 'recession' in order to stop
America being officially in one .. On the way back, however, the old man
couldn't get on his jacket ..

Don't feel too sorry for him, though. Pity the families of the 12,400
Americans who have been shot dead this year, as gun crime hits levels not
seen in US cities since the early 1990s. Or pity the American infants
who can't be fed .. America, as Xi will have noticed, seems in many ways
to be regressing fast ..

America is a joke, which is seen not only by Xi Jinping, one can suspect.

> <https://tinyurl.com/y2a2kpn6>
>
> .. the U.S. is not real! The U.S. is a joke - a laughing stock! ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 11, 2022, 8:05:41 AM8/11/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2qv7nqzb> altoonamirror.com

Insanity of Biden regime ..

Over the last 19 months, Democrats have controlled Congress, the U.S.
Senate and the White House, which has led to the dire situation our country
is in right now. We've got to stop the insanity of this administration - if
we're going to have a country left .. This upcoming election may very well
be our last chance to actually save America ..

Nothing can save America, it will deteriorate steadily, regardless.

> <https://tinyurl.com/y932okfl>
>
> Between the stupid and the evil ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 11, 2022, 8:10:43 AM8/11/22
<https://archive.is/dt0ei> asiatimes.com

Worst productivity drop ever means more inflation

The worst labor productivity decline on record during the second quarter
of 2022 .. points to long-term and persistent inflation .. Think of it as
the economic equivalent of long Covid .. We haven't seen labor productivity
declines of this magnitude since the 1970s .. Productivity is the ultimate
arbiter of the price level ..

The cause of the productivity drop isn't hard to diagnose. American
business isn't investing. US orders for nondefense capital goods (excluding
transportation) are lower in real terms than they were in 2016 .. The
Federal Reserve today is trying to run with one leg .. The supply side of
the US economy is getting worse, not better ..

As long as US productivity lags, inflation will persist.

> <https://tinyurl.com/222h2wu9>
>
> College is increasingly out of reach for many ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 11, 2022, 8:20:29 AM8/11/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2lpwlh2o> dailysignal.com

American Wages Are Being Crushed ..

There's a deep disconnect between regular people and Beltway elites who
are far removed from everyday suffering .. With a nearly 4% pay cut, it's
no wonder Americans are loading up on credit card debt, at a record not
seen in 20 years .. Americans already can't afford the things they need
by the end of the month ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y86okgrv>
>
> American capitalism is not serving most Americans

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 11, 2022, 8:25:43 AM8/11/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2najyo4t> malaymail.com

.. US teens succumbing to deadly fentanyl

America's opioid crisis has reached catastrophic proportions .. And
deaths are rising especially quickly among young people, who obtain
counterfeit prescription drugs through social media ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2k4rxubz>
>
> The U.S. has failed to contain monkeypox ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 12, 2022, 6:01:20 PM8/12/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2lc7bg92> mountaintimes.info

Most of us have lost our trust in Washington .. The system has been
hijacked, to ensure those with power keep it. Unscrupulous politicians
are willing to corrupt and shatter the very institutions and rights
that brought them to power. There's little correlation between getting
elected and serving the will of the people. The two major parties
prioritize their candidates' reelection interests, and the interests
of their party and biggest campaign money contributors, ahead of our
public interests and common good. They rig the system and set the rules
to stifle competition from independent and third-party candidates. They
control the money, the debates and the primaries. They even draw their
own voting districts ..

Meanwhile, almost half of U.S. families can't earn enough to afford
basics like rent and food. We see the very rich becoming much richer,
while many see the collapse of the middle class. And the working class
faces low wages, dead-end jobs, debt, homelessness, lack of health care
and too little educational opportunity ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y6mn5sjz>
>
> America's Working Families Lost Two Decades Of Economic Security

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 12, 2022, 6:12:04 PM8/12/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2gj5aqzg> newsweek.com

A new poll .. reveals that China leads the United States in popularity
among the people of at least seven Arab countries .. Arab Barometer, a
nonpartisan research network based at Princeton University .. conducted
the survey .. across Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco,
the Palestinian territories, Tunisia and Sudan .. The results .. showed
that only in Morocco .. did respondents have a slightly more favorable
view of the U.S. (69%) than China (64%), and in Jordan, they were tied
(51% each) .. Those who had positive perceptions of the U.S. were in the
minority in most other countries ..

Read also <https://tinyurl.com/2mnnx8ke>

> <https://tinyurl.com/sna9pbm7>
>
> .. Latin America .. US influence is in visible decline ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 12, 2022, 6:20:40 PM8/12/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2qkknvbb> clarionledger.com

Raw sewage, a diaper, and feces flowed down Northside Drive in Jackson,
between Ridgewood Road and Old Canton Road, on Thursday .. Those
interviewed .. said it isn't the first time it has happened, and that
the city had given no indication of when the mess might be cleaned up or
when the underlying sewer issue might be fixed ..

Tried to call the city's water and sewer utilities division, but no one
answered the phone. Another resident said they had to call multiple
times in order to get someone to pick up, but there was no answer on a
timeline for cleanup or repairs .. Even when there is not visible sewage
on the ground, there is often an offensive smell in the area ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2k7l9tqu>
>
> Human fecal bacteria found in Lee County waters ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 12, 2022, 6:26:17 PM8/12/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2m8dgl5p> thefederalist.com

The American West is facing its longest drought in 1,200 years, presenting
the nation with its worst water crisis since the Dust Bowl of the early 20th
century.

The Colorado River Basin, which operates as a lifeline for 40 million people
across seven states, is drying up. Lake Powell is at its lowest water level
since 1969, just six years after the reservoir along the Utah-Arizona border
was filled by the Glen Canyon Dam. Further downstream, Lake Mead has dropped
to its lowest level since 1937, two years after the completion of the Hoover
Dam. Water levels are now so low that areas once reliably blue have receded
to reveal empty canyons seen from space .. The situation is growing
increasingly dire as state and local governments implement mandatory water
cuts that are only expected to become more severe as the drought continues ..
By 2024, the surrounding regions could lose access to hydroelectric power if
not by next year ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2qgd53vx>
>
> World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead

Bill Litchfield

Aug 12, 2022, 10:27:13 PM8/12/22
On 8/9/2022 5:27 AM, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> <https://tinyurl.com/2swmxvex> fgazette.com
>
> America is on a decline in many respects.

"Russian Economy Contracts Sharply as War and Sanctions Take Hold"

The Russian economy contracted steeply in the second quarter as the country felt
the brunt of the economic consequences of its war in Ukraine, in what experts
believe to be the start of a yearslong downturn.

The economy shrank 4 percent from April through June compared with a year
earlier, the Russian statistics agency said on Friday. It is the first quarterly
gross domestic product report to fully capture the change in the economy since
the invasion of Ukraine in February. It was a sharp reversal from the first
quarter, when the economy grew 3.5 percent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/12/business/russia-economy-gdp.html

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 12, 2022, 10:39:23 PM8/12/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2eje3phz> foxnews.com

Against the backdrop of mass shootings, foreign policy showdowns, inflation
woes and a pandemic, the latest Fox News survey finds a record-high number
of registered voters think life for the next generation of Americans will be
worse than it is today .. 70%, says life will be worse for the next
generation than it is today - up 29 percentage points from July 2020 ..

All of this comes as voters continue to offer pessimistic views of both the
national economy and their personal finances .. Three-quarters are
dissatisfied with the direction of the country ..

> <https://archive.ph/coDbP>
>
> Seven in ten Americans say the country is in crisis ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 12, 2022, 10:42:17 PM8/12/22
<https://archive.is/G2LSh> wcti12.com

Many US cities have higher murder rates than Ukraine war, data shows

The rate of civilian deaths caused by the war in the Ukraine lags behind
murder rates in most major American cities .. The war in the Ukraine has
experienced a per capita murder rate of 12.9 per every 100,000 residents ..
This murder rate falls below rates in several American cities, such as
Baltimore, Birmingham, Alabama, St. Louis, Philadelphia, New Orleans,
Cleveland, Rochester, Kansas City, Milwaukee, the nation's capital and even
others ..

Year-to-date, 36.3% of American cities have experienced murder rate
increases .. Making the problem even worse for U.S. cities is the fact that
homicide cases have been getting solved at record low rates the past few
years .. Law enforcement agencies in the U.S. cleared just 54% of homicide
cases in 2020, a record low since the agency began tracking those numbers ..

> <https://archive.is/fjPkr>
>
> .. Our nation's sense of well-being appears to be unraveling ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 13, 2022, 4:41:47 AM8/13/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2e5aa7n9> moderndiplomacy.eu

In present-day American life, anti-reason is not merely in vogue. It also
functions as a de facto national belief system. In uniquely retrograde
instances, as we may witness in our daily politics, it can override entire
centuries of intellectual progress .. What we are experiencing today is
nothing less shameless than an institutionalized triumph of absurdity ..

We Americans have already made witting peace with governance by unwisdom,
conspiracy and cliche .. How did we even manage to get to such a low point?
.. "Professional" education in the United States has managed to supersede
everything that does not ostentatiously focus on making money .. It has
impaired this country's capacity to sustain an .. even minimally credible
democracy .. Americans now inhabit a society so numbingly fragmented and
rancorous that even their most sincere melancholy is contrived .. A lonely
American mass now bears core responsibility for allowing the demise of a
once-enviable democratic ethos. To expect any sudden improvements to
emerge from among this homogenized mass .. would be to overestimate its
inclinations .. There will be a heavy price to pay for America's still-
expanding ascendancy of mass .. [This society] is one that should never
reasonably expect to survive ..

In whatever words you put it, the American decline is keeping its course.

> <https://archive.is/vEOTL>
>
> These days, most Americans walk around like a bunch of zombies ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 13, 2022, 4:50:47 AM8/13/22
<https://archive.is/ZZZIS> seattlemedium.com

Almost every issue facing America today can be linked to corporate greed.
Climate change, inflation, homelessness, and even the political division ..
Corporations .. They plan to keep putting the onus on the public so that
accountability can still be a mute point within their budget sheets .. I'm
sure you've seen the increase in homelessness in your city or community,
especially if you are in one of the major cities on the coasts. Whatever
could be the cause of so much distress? .. You will hear those ever-present
words "housing crisis" as if a random situation fell from the sky .. There
are enough houses in America to house everyone, yet people with full-time
jobs live in their cars, if they can afford one .. Why don't we just take
all that empty property and put people in so they're housed ..

> <https://archive.is/U6Kyd>
>
> America's homelessness problem has the makings of an acute crisis

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 13, 2022, 5:00:58 AM8/13/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2mty5885> globaltimes.cn

Partisan infighting drama shows the US has degraded into a 'banana republic'

The political farce, like a soap opera, is far from over. When Trump tried
to turn the FBI's raid to his benefit, .. he added extra comedy color to
this drama .. This isn't the political ecology that a healthy power is
supposed to have. In fact, the US has degraded into a "banana republic." The
search on Trump's home further steps on the accelerator of US political
degeneration and decline. The US itself is sick. Although it's still a major
power .. it has serious political, economic, social and legal problems ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yjfoft2a>
>
> Biden leading country on a downward spiral

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 13, 2022, 5:10:58 AM8/13/22
<https://archive.is/43SeB> wcnc.com

North Carolina's beaches .. More fecal matter .. And it's all due to
aging infrastructure .. It's because several coastal cities are
dealing with high tide issues .. The tide sends saltwater into nearby
storm drains, overwhelming the system and even corroding pipes,
sending contaminated water back into the sea ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yg256rs8>
> The aging infrastructure .. An underground water pipe bursts every
> two minutes; 43% of US public roads are in poor condition ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 13, 2022, 5:20:51 AM8/13/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2kfj8l6l> cnbcafrica.com

.. Power Outages Are Getting Worse In The U.S.

The overall duration of power interruptions in the U.S. more than doubled
over the past 5 years. Beyond just inconvenience, blackouts cost the U.S.
an estimated $150 billion every year. They can also be fatal, as most
recently seen during the 2021 outage in Texas .. The federal government
lacks the ability to enforce a grid modernization ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yyagmbtw>
>
> America's Outdated Power Grid

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 13, 2022, 10:15:36 PM8/13/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2mlhzox8> dailymail.co.uk

Buying a home in America is now the LEAST affordable it's been in 33 years ..
- The new low comes as home prices jumped to a median of $416,000 and the
average mortgage payments surged to $1,944 ..
- The changes in the market have led to a drop in competition as Americans
are no longer jumping at the chance to buy a new home ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2kpxjwgu>
>
> Inflation Reduction Act will make inflation 'much, much worse' ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 13, 2022, 10:20:31 PM8/13/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2na86lxa> unilad.com

Carl Sagan's 1995 prediction of America's future is worryingly accurate
.. In his book from 1995 .. he wrote: "Science is more than a body of
knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in
my children's or grandchildren's time-when the United States is a service
and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries
have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers
are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public
interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability
to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority;
when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our
critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels
good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into
superstition and darkness ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yd3yro2w>
>
> .. America's Dark Ages have arrived

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 13, 2022, 10:25:51 PM8/13/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2hv2dajz> dailykos.com

In America, there has been a dramatic decline in independent newspapers. ..
There was a loss of an average of two newspapers per week between late 2019
and May 2022, leaving an estimated 70 million people in news deserts. If the
trend continues, a third of newspapers will be lost by 2025 .. Accompanying
the loss of independent newspapers is the concentration of ownership among a
few businesses with similar objectives .. "Roughly 90 percent of American
media (by viewership, readership, and listenership) is owned by only six
companies." .. About 15 billionaires and six corporations own most of the US
media outlets. They own 77 percent of the 100 largest online news sources ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/ydv58ar4>
> Neoliberalism .. We were told (falsely) .. Everybody applauded and
> banksters started gambling and became billionaires ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 13, 2022, 10:30:38 PM8/13/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2r332od6> globaltimes.cn

NYC renters desperate as soaring rents exacerbate housing crisis

Renting in New York has long been a struggle, but recently costs have
skyrocketed, jumping an average 20.4 percent in the second quarter of
this year alone .. Manhattan families spend some 55 percent of their
income on rent, a figure that is 43 percent in Queens and 60 percent
in Brooklyn ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/25qx5zpf>
>
> New York stinky!

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:06:14 AM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2hn6arz9> lawenforcementtoday.com

.. America has lost trust in the so-called "expert" class ..

The world is full of a lot of "experts." Many of those "experts" can be
found on cable news .. Often times, those experts are affiliated with a
"think tank," ..

Anyone with a modicum of financial common sense knew that borrowing and
spending trillions of dollars which appeared out of thin air was not a
recipe for a roaring economy in a post-pandemic world .. Yet Biden and
the Democrats .. fell for it. The "experts" - a group of 55 "distinguished"
economists who are clearly in the tank for Biden and the Democrats vowed
that Biden's borrowing and spending spree would not cause inflation. In
fact, last September these "experts," which included "14 Nobel Prize
winners" assured us that these reckless policies would "ease" inflation.
Instead, it exacerbated it, and it is now at a 40-year high hovering
around 9%. Oh, and none of these "experts" have shown any form of remorse
for getting it completely wrong .. The loss of trust .. may be
unrecoverable. The fact is, at this point in our history, it is virtually
impossible to know who to believe ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2hn6arz9>

> <https://archive.is/eaLP8>
>
> .. China Practices To Sink American Carriers ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:10:39 AM8/14/22
<https://archive.is/mKHFf> theepochtimes.com

Grocery Inflation Hits Highest Level in 43 Years ..

While the annual pace of inflation in the United States eased slightly in
July, a deeper dive into the numbers reveals that some of the categories
that hit everyday Americans especially hard in the pocketbook have soared,
with the price of groceries jumping to the highest level since 1979 ..
The food-at-home index, which represents food purchased in places like
grocery stores for consumption at home, jumped by an annual 13.1 percent ..
The U.S. economy has contracted for two consecutive quarters ..

> <https://archive.is/4hKFZ>
>
> Biden's broken promises

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:20:47 AM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2e7ma35h> zerohedge.com

The USA is now staring down the barrel of four-decade high inflation, an
inverted yield curve and the highest debt levels .. For almost 2 years,
while we and other candid market observers were warning of crippling
inflation, our central bankers were describing it as "transitory" with a
dishonesty similar to the current recession is not a recession meme ..

Meanwhile in DC, we see growing signs of a political culture .. more
about self-service. Wealth disparity in the home of the brave has passed
the highest levels ever recorded and points directly to the slow and
empirical death of the American middle class. The suburbs around DC are
growing richer with lobbyist and polo-playing defense contractors ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2e7ma35h>

> <https://tinyurl.com/yf9m5gwp>
>
> .. A massive transfer of wealth from the many to the few ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:30:36 AM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2nfwm6jp> economicprism.com

.. Labor Productivity Has Collapsed

Recession. Raging consumer price inflation. A Presidential administration
that seeks to confuse and obfuscate what's really going on. These are the
realities facing American workers in the dog days of August circa 2022 ..

Production determines consumption. This is a critical point .. Just one day
prior to this week's CPI report, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released
its second quarter labor productivity report. The results were about as bad
as they could possibly be. In short, labor productivity decreased 4.6
percent in the second quarter of 2022. Output decreased 2.1 percent while
hours worked increased 2.6 percent. This marked the sharpest decline in
labor productivity since 1948 ..

What this means is that people are working more and producing less. They
are, in essence, working in reverse. Hence, there will be less goods and
services to consume, which will further drive consumer price inflation.

Why has labor productivity collapsed? ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2nfwm6jp>

> <https://archive.is/dt0ei>
>
> .. As long as US productivity lags, inflation will persist ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:40:39 AM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2qaf6kje> globaltimes.cn

.. Growing de-dollarization trend

In recent years with the increased weaponization of the dollar and
Washington's penchant to use the dollar to sanction the so-called "unruly"
countries in America's eyes, many countries in the world have awakened and
begun to experiment trading in their own national currencies and using
other payment as well trade settlement systems other than the SWIFT ..

There are media reports saying the BRICS countries are seeking to discuss
deepening trade in their own currencies .. Washington has only itself to
blame. In the recent years, American politicians, jittery about the
economic rise of China and other emerging market economies, have
deliberately created economic decoupling, technological blockades and
industrial chain disruptions .. It is natural for other countries to take
decisive counter measures, including dumping dollar assets ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2qaf6kje>

> <https://tinyurl.com/yhogts97>
>
> Out-of-Control Spending ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:45:47 AM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2lj7nwog> dailymail.co.uk

.. The great pandemic hangover will cost $5.4 billion ..

The habit of at-home boozing Americans picked up during the Covid-19 pandemic
is here to stay - and it will lead to hundreds of thousands more hospital
visits and a multi-billion dollar medical bill, new research reveals ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2fcjummm>
>
> Let's face it, Americans have a drinking problem

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:50:43 AM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2mweg27h> nypost.com

Cattle farmers have been experiencing some of the worst drought conditions
ever. The ground is tough for grazing, and many ranchers have had to cull
their herd because it's more economical than feeding them. Fewer cows mean
fewer calves and ultimately less meat in the years to follow .. Beef
production next year to drop by .. 7% .. And consumers shopping at grocery
stores have probably noticed their steaks and burgers are more expensive ..
Feed and transportation costs are also increasing ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2zqrkt6g>
>
> US Industries Are Buckling Under Pressure of Surging Electricity Costs

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:40:52 PM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2f4j3zwj> unz.com

The Myth of American Competitive Supremacy

Americans boast incessantly about their competitiveness and the miracles of
their predatory capitalist system, but on examination these claims appear
to be mostly thoughtless jingoism that transmutes historical accidents into
religion. If we examine the record, US companies have seldom been notably
competitive. There is more than abundant evidence that their efforts are
mostly directed to ensure an asymmetric playing field that permitted them
to avoid confronting real competition. And, in very large part, major US
corporations have succeeded not because of any competitive advantage but by
pressure and threats emanating from the State Department and military ..

The Americans are exceptionally proficient at creating historical myths
that demonstrate their supposed moral superiority in virtually every area,
freely rewriting history or carefully burying crucial facts ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2f4j3zwj>

> <https://tinyurl.com/ygxm9n7l>
>
> .. Learning about history primarily through films and shows ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:45:43 PM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/29wuw797> internationalman.com

Initially, the Fed and its apologists in the media assured the American
people its actions wouldn't cause severe price increases. But unfortunately,
it didn't take long to prove that absurd assertion false.

As soon as rising prices became apparent, the mainstream media and Fed
claimed that the inflation was only "transitory" and that there was nothing
to be worried about. Then, when the inflation was obviously not
"transitory," they told us "inflation was actually a good thing." Of course,
they were dead wrong and knew it - they were gaslighting.

The truth is that inflation is out of control, and nothing can stop it ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/29wuw797>

> <https://tinyurl.com/2qfr7fyj>
>
> America descends steadily into a deadly dystopia

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:50:27 PM8/14/22
<https://archive.is/kpv9O> theepochtimes.com

Heating Your Home Will Hurt This Winter as Natural Gas Prices Climb

It will take more than an extra sweater to stay warm this winter; anyone
heating with natural gas will require extra money to burn the furnace.
Natural gas is sharply higher than it was last year ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yb3ok5lw>
>
> .. Texas .. The fallout was devastating ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 5:55:47 PM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2hjzjs9x> elliottconfidential.com

Who killed America's airlines?

On the same day U.S. airlines canceled almost five percent of their
flights, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg appeared on CNN to
declare that America's airlines were "very brittle" and possibly on
the verge of a breakdown .. The wheels started coming off the airline
industry years ago. But the world finally started to notice this
summer .. No question about it, we're in trouble. But how did we get
here? ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2q5y9la6>
>
> Philadelphia imposes 10 p.m. summer curfew for kids ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 14, 2022, 6:00:52 PM8/14/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2pptc9ax> parkrecord.com

.. America operating as a Third World country ..
America has moved from a growing prosperous economy to one operating
as a third-world country in just two years.

- Inflation is at a 40-year high.
- Food Shortages ..
- Crippling regulations on businesses
- Foreign relations fiascos ..
- Many large cities are overrun with violent crime ..
- Many Journalists are not fair or objective
- The DOJ, FBI, IRS, and CIA .. against ordinary citizens!
- Skyrocketing energy costs ..
America is on the verge of being replaced by China ..

America is a sick joke.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2p86kr3j>
>
> Americans Have Never Been Sicker

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 15, 2022, 10:30:40 AM8/15/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2eembdqa> ctvnews.ca

A new study is offering a dire prediction for the U.S. state of California,
where scientists say catastrophic flooding could become twice as likely in
the future due to the effects of climate change ..

The study .. found that historical climate change has already doubled the
likelihood of an extreme storm scenario, with the chance of a "megastorm"
expected to increase with each additional degree of global warming .. The
scientists say it would .. not be possible for the five to 10 million people
displaced by floodwaters to evacuate their homes ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2phdgttt>
>
> Want To Move Out Of The US? How To Get A Second Passport

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 15, 2022, 10:35:45 AM8/15/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2oacwawm> washingtonexaminer.com

The crime stories in New York continue to get bleaker .. Grand larceny is
up 48%, auto theft is up 42%, robbery is up 40%, felonious assault is up
19%, and rape is up 10% ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2qtor7aj>
>
> Teens trash Philly restaurant ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 15, 2022, 10:40:37 AM8/15/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2lw4e2bq> irna.ir

Colombia swore in a leftist president for the first time in its history ..
Petro had campaigned on a platform of social equality, free education,
health insurance and reducing the gap between the rich and the poor .. Petro
has promised to restore diplomatic and trade ties with the government of
Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro .. Maduro congratulated Petro on Sunday
.. The recent victory of leftist Petro in Colombia has been a warning to the
US, which spent billions of dollars in aid to previous governments in
Colombia. Now, things are expected to become worse for the US, as elections
are nearing in Brazil where another leftist is set to come to power.

> <https://tinyurl.com/266m5a2b>
>
> US Influence in the Middle East on the Decline

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 15, 2022, 10:45:55 AM8/15/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2ewnvzl3> consortiumnews.com

Adult members of Generation Z are experiencing food insecurity at over
twice the rate of the average American .. In fact, about 1-in-3 Americans
born from 1996-2004 have had trouble affording enough food in 2022 ..

Besides, over half them are obese or overweight <https://is.gd/G4XvYe>

Weird.

> <https://tinyurl.com/yhnqjoxl>
>
> Gen Z is made of zombies ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 15, 2022, 10:50:39 AM8/15/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2obhbypl> weeklyblitz.net

Joe Biden pushes America into a Banana Republic .. Biden's abysmal polling
makes it impossible for him to win by any means short of this. And the
Democrats have no popular candidates waiting in the wings. Anyone else they
run .. stands no chance of winning over the public .. The Obama
administration used the Justice Department to rig the 2016 election. The
Biden administration began the same process early on .. It will get worse
as the apparatchiks of a lame duck administration truly get desperate ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2z6avsvz>
>
> .. They Want to Criminalize ALL Opposition, Not Just Trump

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 15, 2022, 10:55:38 AM8/15/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2krngtwr> dailysignal.com

.. Journalists Now Represent America's Elite

Today, journalists are .. people who are super comfortable with authority,
super comfortable with massive government. They think that somebody should
be telling everybody what to think and what to do, and they should be the
ones in charge of that messaging .. Journalists ascended to the elites ..
It shifted their focus because they ended up on the beneficiary end ..

It's what's called "leftist media" in the American context. American right-
wingers are dumb (thery're of lower IQ, as everybody knows) so these silly
species invent conspiracy theories about "socialists" hijacking everything.
In the modern American reality the Left represents Big Money, the Right
represents medium/small businesses, and populace are represented by no one.

> <https://tinyurl.com/yj7bnjkf>
>
> A Ponzi Scheme of Prosperity ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 1:10:48 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2oxy5y4b> spectator.com.au

America is forgetting how to make stuff ..

Between 2000 and 2010, US manufacturing experienced a nightmare. The number
of manufacturing jobs in the United States, .. declined by one third in
that decade, falling by 5.8 million to below 12 million in 2010 ..

This economic disruption has resulted in growing social disruption. While
most people in the US assumed the nation was becoming one big middle class,
instead a working class facing declining incomes came into clear, angry view
during the 2016 US presidential election .. Corporations and businessmen in
the US made a conscious decision to abandon the US and go to China to build
things. They invested a lot of money to accomplish this goal .. Now the US
dependence on China is an issue ..

Millions of American jobs disappeared a decade ago and millions more
continue to be .. And his wife divorced him. And he grew more depressed ..
This makes our country weak, dependent and vulnerable ..

So America has sold China rope with which to hang it (as it was predicted).

> <https://tinyurl.com/2f4j3zwj>

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 1:15:36 PM8/16/22
<https://archive.is/uBUCw> ohiocapitaljournal.com

100 million people in America are saddled with health care debt ..

The picture is bleak. In the past five years, more than half of U.S. adults
report they've gone into debt because of medical or dental bills .. A
quarter of adults with health care debt owe more than $5,000. And about 1 in
5 with any amount of debt said they don't expect to ever pay it off .. The
burden is forcing families to cut spending .. Millions are being driven from
their homes or into bankruptcy .. Debt from health care is nearly twice as
common for adults under 30 as for those 65 and older ..

America's debt crisis is driven by a simple reality: Half of U.S. adults
don't have the cash to cover an unexpected $500 health care bill .. As a
result, many simply don't pay. The flood of unpaid bills has made medical
debt the most common form of debt on consumer credit records. As of last
year, 58% of debts recorded in collections were for a medical bill ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2ox456dq>

> <https://tinyurl.com/277grhso>
>
> .. U.S. healthcare is failing

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 1:20:49 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2klmn7qn> thedailystar.net

US employers struggle to find enough workers .. Salespeople, food servers,
postal workers -- "Help Wanted" ads are proliferating across the United
States, as companies struggle to deal with a worker shortage .. "We have a
lot of jobs, but not enough workers to fill them," the US Chamber of
Commerce, which represents American companies, said in a statement ..

I does not sound sensical.

If an employer doesn't have "enough workers" it simply means that the
employer offers too low wages, so those employers who cannot offer higher
wages should go bankrupt without unnecessary fuss.

> <https://archive.is/N6AV9>
>
> .. America's shortages are worsening ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 1:25:35 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2hne7u5e> bitcoin.com

Peter Schiff Warns US Faces a 'Massive Financial Crisis,' .. Much Larger
Problems Than 2008 .. The U.S. has a lot more debt than it did back then ..
economic downturn "is going to be a much bigger crisis ..

While speaking on the Kitco News broadcast, Schiff further explained in
greater detail why he thinks America's economic downturn will be more ugly
than 2008's economic decline ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2nywznrz>
>
> The Drug Crisis Is Getting Worse ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 1:30:55 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2fddbvp2> bloomberg.com

Decline in Chinese Students in the US ..

Late 2021 survey results found that 62% of Chinese polled had a negative
perception of the US .. Younger Chinese - those born in the 1990s and
later - tend to have a more negative image of the US than their parents do.

The American education is more about prestige than real education, and as
America's prestige wanes in overall, it's harder for its universities to
sell their substandard services.

> <https://archive.is/73nQU>
>
> America has 1.2 million fewer students in college

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 1:35:41 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zlx8b5f> wsws.org

On Sunday morning, the governor of Michigan declared a state of emergency
for four counties north of Detroit following a water main break .. Complete
restoration of service is expected to take up to two weeks ..
The failure of a water transmission main that is 10 feet in diameter and
feeds treated water to more than 25 percent of the population in the Detroit
Metropolitan area is the latest expression of the catastrophic condition of
America's infrastructure .. The decay of society .. The ruling class is
concerned about growing public anger regarding the failure of the government
to maintain and guarantee a basic necessity such as water ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/e77fpnc9>
> It doesn't take a genius to know that America's domestic infrastructure
> is in utter disarray ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 5:06:33 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2hacogn8> boredpanda.com

European Visits The USA For The First Time And Is Shocked And Disappointed ..

.. A European who visited LA and the US for the very first time, shone a
light .. The author .. shared how shocked he was with what he saw there. From
"drunk and high people" to "so many homeless and poor" with "five, six tents
under each bridge" and "trash and feces everywhere," .. he never felt so
unsafe ..

Bored Panda reached out to the author of this post .. who's from Belgium and
works at a university as a sociologist. "In Europe, we .. consume a lot of
American media and movies, so in the back of my mind, unconsciously, the USA
was very comparable to Europe." However, once the [author] arrived in LA, he
was surprised to see "so many homeless, poor and psychotic people." He told
us: "It became apparent to me that the USA suffers from all the problems
that I knew about, but multiplied tenfold ..

The author said that he always compared the USA to other western countries,
but it all changed during this trip .. ".. Remind me more of Brazil or South
Africa ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2pptc9ax>

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 5:10:47 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2qqgf9a8> oakpark.com

Rats are a reality of urban living, especially in Chicago. Last year, pest
control service Orkin dubbed the City of Broad Shoulders the "rattiest city"
in the United States, a title Chicago has the misfortune of winning seven
years in a row .. "I've been living here for 43 years, and it's never been
this bad," ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/23g9lthv>
>
> America's great cities are gripped by decline and disorder ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 5:20:36 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2n3cokee> thrillist.com

Flight Cancellations in 2022 Are Worse Than They Were Pre-Pandemic

If you've been flying this year, you've probably had a flight canceled
or at least seriously delayed. In the past week, American Airlines has
announced the cancellation of thousands of flights, and other airlines
have made similar cancellations throughout the summer .. That's about
11% higher than pre-pandemic levels ..

> <https://archive.is/xHgFO>
>
> Today's America: An Economy of Shortages

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 5:30:38 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2f4dsowq> propublica.org

A raccoon invasion. Human feces in the lobby. Flooding ..

Apartment hunting in New York City is a special kind of hell. Friends
warned me before I moved here five years ago, sharing stories of
cockroaches and sketchy real estate brokers, of paying $2,000 per month
to live next to an early morning parade of garbage trucks. So when I
landed my first apartment - with hardwood floors, a short commute and
an in-unit washer/dryer for less than $1,850 a month - I thought I'd
found a unicorn.

The unicorn turned out to be a pile of rotting meat in a trenchcoat.
First my ceiling became waterlogged from my neighbor's leaking radiator
(while she was recovering from surgery). Then my radiator soaked the
apartment of my downstairs neighbor (who was paying $3,000 a month even
though there was no heat in her toddler's bedroom) ..

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/2f4dsowq>

> <https://tinyurl.com/25qx5zpf>
>
> New York stinky! Odor complaints in NYC ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 5:35:35 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2jja7frd> advisorperspectives.com

America's $7 Trillion Retirement Crisis Is Only Getting Worse

.. The situation is getting worse. Even when everything was going
right - inflation was nonexistent, interest rates were low and
stocks were in an extended bull market - there was a multi-trillion
dollar savings shortfall .. Then .. The resulting market turmoil
erased some $3.4 trillion from 401(k)s and IRAs in the first half
of 2022 .. Things are likely to get worse as the Baby Boom
generation retires. The number of Americans age 65 and over is set
to increase to 73 million by 2030, or about 21% of the population,
compared with 49 million or 15% in 2016 ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2eujc6ys>
>
> .. Standing water in building entrances and a hole in the roof ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 5:40:44 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2k3w7rlx> tulsaworld.com

Ten percent. That's the portion of K-12 teachers in the United States who
say they've been physically attacked by a student, a new survey has found ..
Various news outlets have reported what has been described as a "wave of
student misbehavior" .. The purported surge in student misconduct is part of
an upward trend in student assaults on teachers ..

As school districts across the country report critical shortages in teaching
staff .. Teachers informed me the principals were worried about their schools
getting a bad reputation ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y9edw9a7>
>
> .. Bad Behavior Is on the Rise ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 16, 2022, 5:45:33 PM8/16/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2ewa8rsn> jagranjosh.com

Polio outbreak in New York, London, and Jerusalem: For the first
time in decades, the dreaded disease of polio is spreading in areas
of London, Jerusalem, and New York ..

> <https://archive.is/XB4xy>
>
> Medieval diseases, gangs, corruption, crime ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 17, 2022, 9:46:25 AM8/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2fcwcdus> realclearpolitics.com

.. the Federal Bureau of Intimidation

Nothing symbolizes the decline of the American republic better .. The
Federal Bureau of Investigation is now the Federal Bureau of
Intimidation. Or more appropriately, the Federal Intimidation Bureau,
whose acronym would spell out FIB, as in the Big Lie. Face it, nothing
the FBI has said for the last six years since they joined with the
Democratic Party to invent the Russia collusion hoax can be taken
seriously ..

This wasn't about the rule of law; it was about the rule of the
schoolyard. Bullies get what they want through force and intimidation,
and there is no reason for any of us to believe that the raid had any
purpose other than to intimidate Donald Trump into backing down from
his plans to run for president in 2024 ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2j7lykvb>
>
> Welcome to the Banana Republic of America

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 17, 2022, 9:50:59 AM8/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zm9slmm> thetrumpet.com

The Federal Bureau of Fabrication

How far will the Federal Bureau of Investigation go? It lied to obtain a
warrant to spy on the campaign of Donald Trump in 2016. It contorted
itself to avoid political harm to his opponent, Hillary Clinton. It raided
the homes and offices of three of the president's attorneys in 2018, 2021
and again this year. It raided the apartment of an investigative
journalist to intimidate those who published information relating to Joe
Biden. It has confronted people who have worked with the president,
seizing their phones and even putting one in jail for a short time. And it
has infamously put dozens of less powerful Trump supporters in jail
without trial or any semblance of due process for more than a year .. The
FBI is morphing into the paramilitary arm of the Democratic Party ..

America as a whole is morphing into a shithole.

> <https://archive.is/sRZ8S>
>
> .. It's a really scary time ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 17, 2022, 9:56:14 AM8/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2kusnl5f> khaleejtimes.com

Why is Donald Trump so powerful? .. Trump tells powerful stories that
ring true to tens of millions of Americans .. The main one is that America
is being ruined by corrupt coastal elites .. The Regime: Washington power
players, liberal media, big foundations, elite universities, woke
corporations. These people are corrupt, condescending and immoral and are
looking out only for themselves .. Metropolitan elites have become
something of a self-enclosed Brahmin class ..

In the modern American situation, the Left (the "liberal", mainstream one)
represents Big Money, whereas the Right represents medium/small businesses
("petty bourgeois" mindset and attitudes).

The right-wingers en masse are too stupid to grasp the way the "leftist"
"socialism" may be linked with the Big Money interest, these low IQ species
simply don't understand what and who they are dealing with.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2fohv9ex>
>
> .. People who are super comfortable with authority ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 17, 2022, 10:00:31 AM8/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2lfx77sx> royalgazette.com

America .. continues to spend beyond its means without regard to
deficits. Now owing a record $30 trillion in debt, and at 137 per
cent the largest debt/GDP in the history of the country, each 1 per
cent increase in the US interest rate translates into an additional
$300 billion in debt servicing. That's a serious problem for both
the short and long run. The government has less flexibility than
they would like us to believe ..

> <https://archive.is/uBUCw>

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 17, 2022, 10:05:56 AM8/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2qen4hqw> phys.org

'Catastrophic failure' .. Roughly 21,000 fish died at a northern California
university's aquatic research center overnight last week .. "The loss
appears to be due to chlorine exposure, to which fish are especially
sensitive," .. There was a failure in an external decontamination system
that caused the chlorinated water to back up in the fish tanks ..

> <https://archive.is/xRhGW>
>
> Power Grids Are Failing All Over America

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 19, 2022, 5:36:07 PM8/19/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2lzll4vq> globaltimes.cn

US electoral system rotting amid chaotic politics

.. Continues the pattern of victory of Trump-endorsed Republicans in the
primaries. Trump has backed over 200 candidates in this election cycle,
of which about 180 have won. It proves that the influence of the former
president is very strong among the hardcore GOP members, the most common
group to participate in the partisan primary elections ..

At the same time, the recent drama over Trump is seemingly stealing the
spotlight from other more prominent issues in US society that should have
been the main focus: soaring prices, energy shortages, healthcare, and so
on. Politicians [seek] to satisfy their personal political interests at
the expense of people's welfare. This indeed manifests a new sign of
decadence in US domestic politics .. As for whether they can solve these
problems or not, these politicians do not care ..

Experience has shown that a large number of US domestic problems have not
been solved at all after the elections .. The US electoral system has
reached the point of rot. While the basic pattern of the system - being
manipulated by plutocracy - has not changed, a new layer of politicization
and weaponization of the judiciary is now added, as proven in the FBI's
recent raid. So-called democracy in the US is now far away from the dream
that was cherished by the nation's founding fathers. Such "democracy" has
long lost its capability to solve the problem in essence .. It is getting
farther and farther from true democracy ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y3k8ubq4>
>
> .. "It's America that is the sick man" ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 19, 2022, 5:41:53 PM8/19/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2lpkc3tw> wvtf.org

For many Americans, rising prices are making it difficult to afford living
costs. And some are making sacrifices .. Inflation is also causing many
people to rethink their social activities .. It's unfortunately typical for
people to limit their doctor's visits .. Inflation affects everyone, but
not equally. Low-income families are impacted harder ..

"[These families] would be most likely to lose their jobs if we were to
enter into a recession .. They would be even in worse shape if we're in a
situation where they were to lose their job."

Things aren't good, and it will be getting worse.

> <https://tinyurl.com/a2m5w79d>
>
> There is an existential crisis ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 19, 2022, 5:46:12 PM8/19/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2l9vx7uc> cnn.com

American farmers are killing ..

Nearly three quarters of US farmers say this year's drought is hurting
their harvest -- with significant crop and income loss .. 37% of farmers
said they are plowing through and killing existing crops that won't reach
maturity because of dry conditions. That's a jump from 24% last year ..
Farmers in Texas are being forced to sell off their cattle herds earlier
than normal due to extreme drought -- as water sources dry out and grass
burns up .. Reduction in herd size, down 50% ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/frv7s4et>
>
> The result is that for decades - or longer ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 19, 2022, 5:51:00 PM8/19/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2ny95l8b> silive.com

The ongoing crisis on America's roadways <https://is.gd/OcUKuY> is growing
worse and worse, with early estimates from the federal government showing
that motor vehicle deaths during the first three months of the year have
reached their highest point in 20 years .. The rising roadway deaths during
the first quarter of 2022 come on the heels of the deadliest year on U.S.
streets in 16 years .. The estimated death total marked the highest number
since 2005, with the 10.5% rise representing the highest year-to-year
increase in the country's recorded history .. The increased number of deaths
can be attributed, in part, to increased dangerous driving behaviors ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2zc92rxa>
>
> L.A. is spending tens of billions of dollars to make [things] worse ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 19, 2022, 5:55:30 PM8/19/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2ex8ofpo> weny.com

.. Junk food stocks are surging

People are stressed out and exhausted. The past two and a half years, full
of public health crises, recession and inflation, have been so eventful ..
Nights are sleepless and days restless ..

That might help explain why investors are amped for candy, cola and chips ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2zlpz8kx>
>
> America's obesity problem increased 40% in 20 years ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 19, 2022, 6:00:42 PM8/19/22
<https://archive.is/Z5wqB> cenlanow.com

.. Texas cattle industry faces existential crisis ..

The megadrought in the Western U.S., the region's worst in 1,200 years, is
threatening America's cattle heartland: withering pastures, wrecking feed
harvests and endangering a quintessential way of life ..

The drought is echoing through beef supply chains, resulting in higher
prices for consumers for at least the next two years - and likely serving
as the final blow ..

More than three-quarters of farmers in drought-stricken states have pulled
farmland out of production, and 85 percent of ranchers reported selling off
some portions of their herds ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/ybe67mfa>
>
> The Drought in the West Is Bad and It's Gonna Get Worse / and no hope

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 19, 2022, 6:06:06 PM8/19/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2lxekhx6> usnews.com

The full reopening of the Colombia-Venezuela border will come sooner rather
than later .. Relations between the two countries have warmed in the nearly
two weeks since Gustavo Petro was sworn in as Colombia's new president ..

> 2019-02 <https://archive.is/M7sl7> Maduro's days are numbered - Pompeo
> 2019-03 <https://archive.is/JK2cT> final push against Maduro
> 2019-04 <https://archive.is/nuHWA> final phase of Operation Freedom
> 2019-05 <https://archive.is/mvYp5> Maduro's days are surely numbered now
> 2022-08 <https://archive.is/6bijP> Things to become worse for the US ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 20, 2022, 9:30:53 AM8/20/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2h6k8vp3> mininggazette.com

.. Our broken political system ..

One of the biggest reasons American politics have turned upside down over
the past few years is growing numbers of Americans do not think leaders
represent their interests. That simple sentiment underlies nearly every
recent problem in American politics .. It's hard to trust elected
representatives if you think they are in it to line their own pockets.
Voters also don't trust politicians who seem to prioritize foreign
interests or special interests over their own well-being. Those are
precisely the sentiments many voters feel today. It has now been over six
years since America's political class was put on clear notice that their
voters are not happy. During those six years, almost zero effort has been
expended to understand why voters are so frustrated ..

The situation when elected leaders betray the expectations of their voters
and fail on electoral promises is more rule than exception for the modern
"western democracies". Besides the mass of ordinary voters, there's always
some more powerful unelected actors and forces affecting government
policies, which may be the Deep State and [trans]national corporate clans
with their interest or - in the case of smaller nations - powerful foreign
forces. And the ordinary voters can't even think for themselves and on
their own, since the mainstream mass media zombify their brains, while the
mainstream media are also owned by those very unelected actors and forces.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2j6wghso>
>
> .. Live in an age of failure ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 20, 2022, 9:40:33 AM8/20/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zgp5f6p> globaltimes.cn

As the US attempts to sustain hegemony, China, Russia safeguard
international order, justice .. A thief crying "stop thief." The US'
concerns about the China-Russia relationship are the product of US' own
strategic anxiety .. US' strategic anxiety stems from the fact that the
US is declining .. The mismatch of US' strength and its mentality of
viewing itself as the world's No.1 is the root cause of the existing
division and chaos in the world ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/22pmgszf>
>
> "The American Century Is Over."

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 20, 2022, 9:51:03 AM8/20/22
<https://archive.is/unLvM> wbaltv.com

America's small businesses are fighting 'double whammy' .. Only about
a third of small businesses are making 90% or more of their pre-
pandemic revenue .. That's worse than the results of a similar survey
conducted last year, when 42% said they had recovered 90% or more of
their pre-pandemic business .. There's a combination of factors working
against small business owners .. When vacant storefronts become a
fixture on Main Streets across the nation, consumers wind up with fewer
choices about where they spend their money, and workers are left with
fewer places to seek employment ..

Given the fact that the US government is ran by big corporations, it's
pretty natural that it seeks to somehow make life for small businesses
more difficult.

> <https://archive.is/CYPAH>
>
> In fact, Biden is starting to look more like a South than a North
> American president .. A Biden bust is looming - it is just a question
> of how quickly it arrives ..

Oleg Smirnov

Aug 20, 2022, 10:00:37 AM8/20/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2narj58z> americanchemistry.com

U.S. chemical manufacturers reported that major supply chain problems
continued well into this year and have worsened .. In addition to
lost manufacturing and customer orders, companies reported that higher
shipping rates were compounded by costly workarounds, including
increased inventories, investing in additional rail cars ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2oxy5y4b>
>
> America is forgetting how to make stuff ..
It is loading more messages.