Washington Post - November 2, 1922: "Arctic Ocean Getting Warm; Seals Vanish and Icebergs Melt."

1 view

Grizzlie Antagonist

Aug 15, 2007, 1:28:59 AM8/15/07
http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20070814/NATION02/108140063

D.C. resident John Lockwood was conducting research at the Library of
Congress and came across an intriguing Page 2 headline in the Nov. 2,
1922 edition of The Washington Post: "Arctic Ocean Getting Warm; Seals
Vanish and Icebergs Melt."

The 1922 article, obtained by Inside the Beltway, goes on to mention
"great masses of ice have now been replaced by moraines of earth and
stones," and "at many points well-known glaciers have entirely
disappeared."

"This was one of several such articles I have found at the Library of
Congress for the 1920s and 1930s," says Mr. Lockwood. "I had read of
the just-released NASA estimates, that four of the 10 hottest years in
the U.S. were actually in the 1930s, with 1934 the hottest of all."

Progressive Anarchist

Aug 15, 2007, 2:48:13 AM8/15/07
On Aug 15, 1:28 am, Grizzlie Antagonist <lloydsofhanf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

1934 was the hottest year, ya say? I wonder what Al Gore and Leo
DiCaprio would say. heheheh

Grizzlie Antagonist

Aug 15, 2007, 3:04:13 AM8/15/07
On Aug 14, 11:48 pm, Progressive Anarchist <Johnny...@gmail.com>
wrote:

No, I don't say that, but NASA does.

> I wonder what Al Gore and Leo

> DiCaprio would say. heheheh- Hide quoted text -

It occurs to me that the only difference between "McCarthyism" and
"activism" is where the liberal establishment sides.

If it's running counter to the liberal establishment, it's
"McCarthism". If it's being promoted by the liberal establishment,
it's "activism".

Apart from feminism, man-made "global warming" has got to be the hoax
that has fooled the largest number of people.

lora...@cs.com

Aug 15, 2007, 3:24:38 AM8/15/07
On Aug 14, 10:28 pm, Grizzlie Antagonist <lloydsofhanf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

What was Mr Lockwood smoking in his carrel?

Grizzlie Antagonist

Aug 15, 2007, 4:20:24 AM8/15/07

Something that enabled him to read old newspaper articles.

Avenger

Aug 15, 2007, 6:27:52 AM8/15/07

"Grizzlie Antagonist" <lloydso...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Aug 15, 12:24 am, lorad...@cs.com wrote:
>> On Aug 14, 10:28 pm, Grizzlie Antagonist <lloydsofhanf...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20070814/NATION02/108140063
>>
>> > D.C. resident John Lockwood was conducting research at the Library of
>> > Congress and came across an intriguing Page 2 headline in the Nov. 2,
>> > 1922 edition of The Washington Post: "Arctic Ocean Getting Warm; Seals
>> > Vanish and Icebergs Melt."

These fluctuations are most likely caused by undersea volcano activity
warming the water or by sunspot activity.None of this is under the control
of humans.
In 1640 it began to get warm in February along the Rhine and by Summer it
had dried up.I was in Rome a few years ago and the temperature reached 93F,
the last time that happened was 200 years ago. There were no motorcars back
then and the population of the earth was a fraction of what it is today.
Besides, even if the earth warms a few degrees over the next 100 years it
would benefit more places than harm places. Even if you could show that it
would cause a great deal of harm and that it was caused by humans(you can't)
the solution would be simple-decrease the population of the earth and
consumption of fossil fuels. But these alarmists are the same people who
were predicting anothe ice age 30 years ago lol
Global warming is just another liberal racket like feminism. They'll tax the
people to fix the "problem" and give contracts to their cronies lol
The reason so many people fall for this pseudo pop science and are easily
duped is because of their ignorance of science and history. Incidently, the
rain forests have been expanding but I guess they had already forgot that
that was a big "problem" a few years a go haha btw, the temperatures at the
equator have not changed at all.

Kevin Cunningham

Aug 15, 2007, 8:00:02 AM8/15/07
On Aug 15, 3:04 am, Grizzlie Antagonist <lloydsofhanf...@yahoo.com>

Of course the faggot right would think that there was some collusion
between women and bears.

Dispute this, the UN Report on Global Warming.

Grizzlie Antagonist

Aug 15, 2007, 9:58:42 AM8/15/07

Makes perfect sense to me. Both are wild beasts who belong in zoos.

> Dispute this, the UN Report on Global Warming.

I dispute it.

Grizzlie Antagonist

Aug 15, 2007, 10:10:59 AM8/15/07
On Aug 15, 3:27 am, "Avenger" <aven...@avengers.co.uk> wrote:
> "Grizzlie Antagonist" <lloydsofhanf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 15, 12:24 am, lorad...@cs.com wrote:

> These fluctuations are most likely caused by undersea volcano activity
> warming the water or by sunspot activity.None of this is under the control
> of humans.
> In 1640 it began to get warm in February along the Rhine and by Summer it
> had dried up.I was in Rome a few years ago and the temperature reached 93F,
> the last time that happened was 200 years ago. There were no motorcars back
> then and the population of the earth was a fraction of what it is today.
> Besides, even if the earth warms a few degrees over the next 100 years it
> would benefit more places than harm places. Even if you could show that it
> would cause a great deal of harm and that it was caused by humans(you can't)
> the solution would be simple-decrease the population of the earth and
> consumption of fossil fuels. But these alarmists are the same people who
> were predicting anothe ice age 30 years ago lol

I remember the "coming ice age" very well as one of the current events
that we studied in junior high school.

> Global warming is just another liberal racket like feminism. They'll tax the
> people to fix the "problem" and give contracts to their cronies lol
> The reason so many people fall for this pseudo pop science and are easily
> duped is because of their ignorance of science and history. Incidently, the
> rain forests have been expanding but I guess they had already forgot that
> that was a big "problem" a few years a go haha btw, the temperatures at the
> equator have not changed at all.

In 1962, Rachel Carson predicted the end of the world would take place
as a result of damage to the environment and that this would happen
within the next twenty years.

Republican Simpletons

Aug 15, 2007, 10:39:44 AM8/15/07

"Progressive Anarchist" <John...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> 1934 was the hottest year, ya say? I wonder what Al Gore and Leo
> DiCaprio would say. heheheh

They would say you are misinformed>
As little as 10% of one degree can upset the balance of certain species.
+5 degrees can kill millions of species.
+10 degrees will destroy most life on Earth.
Al Gore and Leo DiCaprio and millions of others are the messengers, that's
all.

Clinton @dnc.com Hillary Rotten Clinton

Aug 15, 2007, 10:51:20 AM8/15/07

"Republican Simpletons" <Burni...@CrawfordRanch.net> wrote in message

> "Progressive Anarchist" <John...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> 1934 was the hottest year, ya say? I wonder what Al Gore and Leo
>> DiCaprio would say. heheheh
>
> They would say you are misinformed>
> As little as 10% of one degree can upset the balance of certain species.
> +5 degrees can kill millions of species.
>============================
Thats strange . When the earth was 10 Degrees warmer in the past , Humans
came along .

Oldest DNA ever recovered shows warmer planet: report

Jul 5 03:14 PM US/Eastern

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070705191403.gahmdtoi&show_article=1
Scientists who probed two kilometers (1.2 miles) through a Greenland glacier
to recover the oldest plant DNA on record said Thursday the planet was far
warmer hundreds of thousands of years ago than is generally believed.
DNA of trees, plants and insects including butterflies and spiders from
beneath the southern Greenland glacier was estimated to date to 450,000 to
900,000 years ago, according to the remnants retrieved from this
long-vanished boreal forest.

That contrasts sharply with the prevailing view that a lush forest of this
kind could only have existed in Greenland as recently as 2.4 million years
ago, according to a summary of the study, which is published Thursday in the
journal Science.

The samples suggest the temperature probably reached 10 degrees C (50
degrees Fahrenheit) in the summer and -17 C (1 F) in the winter.

They also indicated that during the last period between ice ages,
116,000-130,000 years ago, when temperatures were on average 5 C (9 F)
higher than now, the glaciers on Greenland did not completely melt away.

"These findings allow us to make a more accurate environmental
reconstruction of the time period from which these samples were taken," said
Martin Sharp, a glaciologist at the University of Alberta, Canada, and a
co-author of the paper.

"What we've learned is that this part of the world was significantly warmer
than most people thought."

In a separate paper, also published in Science, European experts said they
had analysed the world's deepest ice core, enabling them to reconstruct
patterns of warming and glaciation over the past 800,000 years.

The 3,260-metre (10,595-feet) core was drilled into the East Antarctica
icesheet at the Franco-Italian base, Dome C. The drillers, gathered in a
venture called the European Project for Ice Coring in Antarctica (EPICA)
stopped just 15 metres (48.75 feet) short of the bedrock.

Using traces of the hydrogen isotope deuterium in air bubbles trapped in the
ice layers, the scientists built a record of greenhouse-gas concentrations
over the aeons, which in turn provides a record of temperature.

They found the temperature varied widely, by as much as 15 C (27 F) over the
800,000 years. In the last Ice Age, which ended around 11,000 years ago, the
temperature was 10 C (18 F) lower than today.

The EPICA team had previously analysed the Dome C core to a depth equivalent
to 650,000 years ago.

dot.gif