Pelosi Says NO To Offshore Drilling

1 view
Skip to first unread message

SMITH29

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 1:25:26 PM7/22/08
to
OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
for this careless act.
http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-block-offshore-drilling/

gatt

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 2:51:08 PM7/22/08
to

Pelosi needs to be hauled behind the same keel as Cheney.


-c

Yer Pal Al

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 3:18:39 PM7/22/08
to
On Jul 22, 11:51 am, gatt <g...@livefromtheclocktower2008.us> wrote:
> SMITH29 wrote:
> > OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
> > for this careless act.
> >http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...

>
> Pelosi needs to be hauled behind the same keel as Cheney.

It's under the haul.

Kevin Cunningham

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 4:46:40 PM7/22/08
to
On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
> for this careless act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...

Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that if
we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
week? Are you really that dumb????

Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil from
a well started today?

Yer Pal Al

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 5:00:35 PM7/22/08
to
On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
> > for this careless act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>
> Geez, your a moron.  Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that if
> we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
> week?  Are you really that dumb????

Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity is
set?

> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil from
> a well started today?

In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?

Starkiller

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 6:21:28 PM7/22/08
to

The 10 year timeframe that everyone keeps repeating is not a very
realistic one. It takes less than a year to construct and get a
standard land based 20,000 foot drilling platform producing oil.
Offshore jack up rigs can take two to three years and a semi up to 4.
The ten year figure got started because that is the estimimate by some
so called eperts for drilling in ANWR and establishing the
infrastructure needed to support it. Mostly due to the fact that the
heavy equipment needed to excavate the sire can only operate on the
tundra during the winter months. Once they have found the right spots
and oil starts flowing the permanent platforms and roads would then be
constructed.
The no drilling folks have simply adopted the ten year number across
the board regardless of where. And they have modified it from "it
could take up to 10 years" to "It's just going to take 10 years". as
it suits their agenda better.

The Discovery channel had a short series this spring entitled "Oil
Strike". It followed several different Wildcatters in their quest for
oil. In one episode there were a couple of crews that were each given
10 days to construct a well drill and strike oil. One of them did
just that. They one some bet with one of the other crews as a result.
It is extremely unlikely that it will take another 10 years to start
pumping oil from that well.
How long it would take is determined more by how many dry holes get
drilled before finding oil than it is by the more simple logistics of
transporation and delivery..

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
big enough to take away everything you have.'

"You cannot enrich the poor by impoverishing the rich."

mordacp...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 6:23:55 PM7/22/08
to

In 10 years oil consumption will have increased to the point where we
will still require more oil imports than we do now, regardless of how
much drilling is done domestically.

It's a zero sum game.

The sooner you rightwing idiots realize that, the sooner we can loosen
the stranglehold non-renewable energy has on us.

mordacp...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 6:24:35 PM7/22/08
to
On Jul 22, 10:25 am, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
> for this careless act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...


Good luck with that.

Most Americans are smarter than you rightard morons.

SMITH29

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 6:50:19 PM7/22/08
to
mordacp...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2:00 pm, Yer Pal Al <Caddyshack...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
>>>> for this careless act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>>> Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that if
>>> we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
>>> week? Are you really that dumb????
>> Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity is
>> set?
>>
>>> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil from
>>> a well started today?
>> In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?
>
> In 10 years oil consumption will have increased to the point where we
> will still require more oil imports than we do now, regardless of how
> much drilling is done domestically.
xxxx
You just make that up?

>
> It's a zero sum game.
>

xxxx
It's a Moonbat game.
You want to protect Nancy from the wolves who are about to devour her.

> The sooner you rightwing idiots realize that, the sooner we can loosen
> the stranglehold non-renewable energy has on us.

xxxx
Excuse me but the Barking Moonbats are the ones strangling the nation
and making the Arabs Billionaire's.


gatt

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 7:07:42 PM7/22/08
to
Starkiller wrote:

> The ten year figure got started because that is the estimimate by some
> so called eperts for drilling in ANWR and establishing the
> infrastructure needed to support it. Mostly due to the fact that the
> heavy equipment needed to excavate the sire can only operate on the
> tundra during the winter months. Once they have found the right spots


"once they have found the right spots." If you're in a hurry, do
dousing rods work?

lein

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 7:17:04 PM7/22/08
to

But both drilling an exploring alternatives isn't a zero sum game and
not doing both means you are more addicted to oil in 5-10 years and
still decade(s) away from the alternatives. What's idiotic is Cuba/
China drilling in areas off Florida where U.S. companies are
forbidden.

In the mean time, how are you going to replace millions of cars given
the turnover for a car is something like 9 years? (and longer if you
are poor)?

Yer Pal Al

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 7:17:28 PM7/22/08
to
On Jul 22, 3:23 pm, mordacpreven...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2:00 pm, Yer Pal Al <Caddyshack...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > > > OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
> > > > for this careless act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>
> > > Geez, your a moron.  Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that if
> > > we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
> > > week?  Are you really that dumb????
>
> > Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity is
> > set?
>
> > > Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil from
> > > a well started today?
>
> > In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?
>
> In 10 years oil consumption will have increased to the point where we
> will still require more oil imports than we do now, regardless of how
> much drilling is done domestically.

What I don't understand is why liberals want the oil companies to make
huge profits. If we allow drilling the futures price will go down and
although their profit margin is the same, they won't be making record
profits.

> It's a zero sum game.

If we don't get it the Chinese will.

> The sooner you rightwing idiots realize that, the sooner we can loosen
> the stranglehold non-renewable energy has on us.

We aren't going to develop new technologies if the economy is in the
toilet. Our best bet for progress on this is from the auto
manufacturers and they are cutting their R&D budgets right now.

Yer Pal Al

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 7:20:49 PM7/22/08
to

Baxter

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 7:29:15 PM7/22/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"gatt" <ga...@livefromtheclocktower2008.us> wrote in message
news:222ep0....@integratelecom.com...

And, of course, how to get that oil from the rig to the refinery.

Also, Starkiller leaves out the fact that the oil companies are salivating
over deep-water, offshore leases -- when there is no deep-water drill rigs
available. Then he turns around an ignores the fact that many are calling
for the oil companies to drill on existing leases - which ARE on dry land
AND can be reached fairly easily as he indicates.


Baxter

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 7:31:50 PM7/22/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yer Pal Al" <Caddys...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:57e9d40b-b47f-4828...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com...


>On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> > OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
>> > for this careless
>> > act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>>
>> Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that if
>> we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
>> week? Are you really that dumb????
>
>Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity is
>set?

It's you rightards that have such problems with cost/price.

>> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil from
>> a well started today?
>
>In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?

If we switch to plug-in hybrids and cut oil/gasoline usage by 50%, then
existing wells will be producing all the oil we need 10 years from now.


Justin Case

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 8:33:22 PM7/22/08
to

"Kevin Cunningham" <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:73c4e942-1ae9-4503...@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

And how long will it take to developed an alternative? Let's hope the
alternative actually works. We need to develop all alternatives plus drill
for oil. That way, in twenty years we won't need Middle East oil.


Starkiller

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 8:35:23 PM7/22/08
to
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:07:42 +0000 (UTC), gatt
<ga...@livefromtheclocktower2008.us> wrote:

Seems you're one to cut a sentence in half then change the meaning to
suit your piddly little needs.
Guess honest discussion is just too far over your little head.

Starkiller

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 8:37:26 PM7/22/08
to


Wonder how much "big oil" will rake in when they wait that 10 years
and oil is over $200 a barrel and gas is over $8 a gallon?

Justin Case

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 8:46:23 PM7/22/08
to

<mordacp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3ad6a813-c8e3-433a...@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

You liberal buffoons need to pull your heads out of your asses. Yes, we
need to find alternative solutions but for the foreseeable future, we will
need oil. If we drill domestically then, in ten years, our dependency will
be vastly reduced. Compound that with the increased demand for oil from
emerging nations will place us in a good position. Another point which
liberals would appreciate is that the only reason we have anything to do
with the Middle East is because oil is a national concern. The area is
important to our national interests and the silver lining (for liberals) is
that we would then have no need of Israel.


Justin Case

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 8:56:55 PM7/22/08
to

"Baxter" <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message
news:jcqdnYhQH71m8BvV...@posted.pcez...

And how do you expect everyone to buy new hybrid cars? And how do we cope
with the increased electrical drain? Hell, in California during the summer,
we can barely handle the added air conditioning. Build more electrical
plants? Yea, right. Eco nuts and NIMBY types won't let that occur. Maybe
we could all pile unto mass public transit and have to sit (well more than
likely stand for the two hour ride) next to some piss smelling bum. Oh,
excuse me. Some piss smelling homeless person.
>
>


Justin Case

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 8:58:46 PM7/22/08
to

"Yer Pal Al" <Caddys...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:72bd4d12-b081-4ed6...@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...

But when the 37% yell, scream, curse and generally abuse yours and their
rights then the 37% becomes very powerful.


Starkiller

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 9:02:52 PM7/22/08
to

How much oil is on those existing leases sparky? Since you all have
such a hard on for them to drill there you obviously must have a
reference to back it up yes?
How many test wells have been drilled on existing leases and came up
dry?
If the oil companies are lucky they may find oil under 1% of the total
land they lease. Maybe you should give them a call since you
obviously know exactly where it all is yes?

Since the drilling companies can only lease land that the government
allows them to so they have the choice of either grabbing as much as
they can hoping the geologists can give them good news or do without
completely. You idiots act like they can just shoot a hole anywhere
in the ground and oil is just going to shoot up out of it. They can't
even explore for oil on land until they have leased it. If they don't
find and produce any oil there over a given period of time then they
lose the lease and it's over.
Do you honestly believe that the oil companies would rather give $130
a barrel to the Saudis or the Kuwaitees or even the Canadians than to
pump it themselves at a higher profit margin?
Do you think that they would spend $100 million building an ocean
platform rather than they would $10 million for a land based platform
if they knew there was oil of any quantity on their existing leases?
And BTW, Marathon is planning to drill 300 wells in the next four to
five years on their leases.
http://www.marathon.com/content/documents/fact_sheets/fact_sheet_bakken_september_2006.pdf

And there making pretty good progress
http://bp3.blogger.com/_jWBUkuPvcGI/SBkltAHAk0I/AAAAAAAAAYY/N6gvRyauCMg/s1600-h/imp6.jpg

Exxon Mobil is also drilling on their American leases
http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=64148

The fact of the matter is the companies do drill and produce oil from
their leases but as stated in several threads, they typically find oil
on 1% or less of the land they lease.

Of course if ya'll don't want those nasty old oil companies drilling
off the coasts, well, just give it a few more years and you'll see
countries like China, Venezuela and Mexico building rigs out there
just barely in international waters and they'll be thumbing their
noses just like they will soon be doing off the tip of Florida and
have been doing in the Gulf of Mexico

Message has been deleted

Baxter

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 9:16:43 PM7/22/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"lein" <boomer_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:87686722-0893-4e65...@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> ... What's idiotic is Cuba/


>China drilling in areas off Florida where U.S. companies are
>forbidden.

What's idiotic is repeating the debunked claim about the Chinese drilling
off Florida.


Baxter

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 9:28:40 PM7/22/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Starkiller" <NoSpam.S...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3bvc84pp4e7ga0u62...@4ax.com...


> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:29:15 -0700, "Baxter"
> <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote:
>>
>>Also, Starkiller leaves out the fact that the oil companies are salivating
>>over deep-water, offshore leases -- when there is no deep-water drill rigs
>>available. Then he turns around an ignores the fact that many are calling
>>for the oil companies to drill on existing leases - which ARE on dry land
>>AND can be reached fairly easily as he indicates.
>>
> How much oil is on those existing leases sparky? Since you all have
> such a hard on for them to drill there you obviously must have a
> reference to back it up yes?

google is your friend. 'Course the real question is how much oil is in
those areas where they want to drill - the answer is: "nobody really knows".

> How many test wells have been drilled on existing leases and came up
> dry?

How many test wells have been drilled in those offshore area where they want
to drill and come up empty - the answer is none -- because they don't have
the equipment.

>How many


> If the oil companies are lucky they may find oil under 1% of the total
> land they lease. Maybe you should give them a call since you
> obviously know exactly where it all is yes?
>

Well, you certainly don't know if any of it is in those off-shore, deep
water areas -- so why are you pushing for those leases?

Baxter

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 9:24:01 PM7/22/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Justin Case" <Thin...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:Abvhk.18754$N87....@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com...


>
>
> In 10 years oil consumption will have increased to the point where we
> will still require more oil imports than we do now, regardless of how
> much drilling is done domestically.
>
> It's a zero sum game.
>
> The sooner you rightwing idiots realize that, the sooner we can loosen
> the stranglehold non-renewable energy has on us.

Amen.


>
> You liberal buffoons need to pull your heads out of your asses. Yes, we
> need to find alternative solutions but for the foreseeable future, we will
> need oil. If we drill domestically then, in ten years, our dependency
> will be vastly reduced.

Nope. Not at all. If we drilled now (which we can't), in 10 years we'd be
about where we are now in terms of dependancy. We'd have to engage in a
Manhattan Project style of drilling campaign to reduce our dependancy at
all.

>Compound that with the increased demand for oil from emerging nations will
>place us in a good position. Another point which liberals would appreciate
>is that the only reason we have anything to do with the Middle East is
>because oil is a national concern. The area is important to our national
>interests and the silver lining (for liberals) is that we would then have
>no need of Israel.

Why are we exporting oil when we could reduce imports by 25% if we used it
ourselves?


Baxter

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 9:30:32 PM7/22/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Starkiller" <NoSpamS...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:771d849gdkbr0tjrf...@4ax.com...
>>
> Even though it won't take 10 years to get oil out of the ground as
> Marathon is allready demonstrating: http://tinyurl.com/58qu5x
> 61 days from Spud to production.
>
Is that well in ANWAR? In the North Slope? Offshore? No to all - it's on
dry land where millions of acres have already been leased.


SMITH29

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 9:34:34 PM7/22/08
to
Starkiller wrote:
> Obama has stated that it will take over 20 years for the alternatives
> to make any noticeable impact.

> Even though it won't take 10 years to get oil out of the ground as
> Marathon is allready demonstrating: http://tinyurl.com/58qu5x
> 61 days from Spud to production.
>
xxxx
Nobanga Nodrilla needs to chat with T. Boone Pickens
He can explain how it works to the Boone.

29

SMITH29

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 9:35:56 PM7/22/08
to
xxxx
Hey Baxter!!! How many wells have you brought in?

29

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

SMITH29

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 9:45:54 PM7/22/08
to
gatt wrote:

> SMITH29 wrote:
>> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
>> for this careless act.
>> http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-block-offshore-drilling/
>>
>
> Pelosi needs to be hauled behind the same keel as Cheney.
>
>
> -c
xxxx
What does Cheney have to do with this?

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:29:07 PM7/22/08
to
Kevin Cunningham wrote:

> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
>> for this careless act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>
> Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that if
> we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
> week? Are you really that dumb????

Do you grasp that any perceived INCREASE in long and short term
production acts to reduce pricing now?

Markets are forward looking, you ignorant fucknozzle!

> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil from
> a well started today?

That's a flat out lie perpetuated by Bill Richardson.

You have not one clue what you're talking about, assburp!

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:35:34 PM7/22/08
to
mordacp...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2:00 pm, Yer Pal Al <Caddyshack...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
>>>> for this careless act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>>> Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that if
>>> we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
>>> week? Are you really that dumb????
>> Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity is
>> set?
>>
>>> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil from
>>> a well started today?
>> In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?
>
> In 10 years oil consumption will have increased to the point where we
> will still require more oil imports than we do now, regardless of how
> much drilling is done domestically.

Wrong.

> It's a zero sum game.

Not domestically.

> The sooner you rightwing idiots realize that, the sooner we can loosen
> the stranglehold non-renewable energy has on us.

Got something else to run semis across the nation with?

Trains?

Long distance car travel?

You're a fucking Luddite who would destroy this nation for your own
stupidity and spite.

I fucking LOATHE morons like you - eat shit and DIE!@

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:36:53 PM7/22/08
to
mordacp...@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Jul 22, 10:25 am, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
>> for this careless act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>
>
> Good luck with that.
>
> Most Americans are smarter than

Hostname: 204.248.24.160
ISP: Sprint
Organization: DHS/BSL002A
Proxy: Confirmed proxy server.
Type: Corporate
Country: United States
State/Region: VA
City: Springfield
Latitude: 38.7438
Longitude: -77.2333
Area Code: 703

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:38:37 PM7/22/08
to
gatt wrote:
> Starkiller wrote:
>
>> The ten year figure got started because that is the estimimate by some
>> so called eperts for drilling in ANWR and establishing the
>> infrastructure needed to support it. Mostly due to the fact that the
>> heavy equipment needed to excavate the sire can only operate on the
>> tundra during the winter months. Once they have found the right spots
>
>
> "once they have found the right spots." If you're in a hurry, do
> dousing rods work?

Ever hear of 3D seismic surveys?

WTF is wrong with your mind?

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:42:52 PM7/22/08
to
Baxter wrote:
> -
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "gatt" <ga...@livefromtheclocktower2008.us> wrote in message
> news:222ep0....@integratelecom.com...
>> Starkiller wrote:
>>
>>> The ten year figure got started because that is the estimimate by some
>>> so called eperts for drilling in ANWR and establishing the
>>> infrastructure needed to support it. Mostly due to the fact that the
>>> heavy equipment needed to excavate the sire can only operate on the
>>> tundra during the winter months. Once they have found the right spots
>>
>> "once they have found the right spots." If you're in a hurry, do dousing
>> rods work?
>
> And, of course, how to get that oil from the rig to the refinery.

Lots of ways, pipelines work great.

> Also, Starkiller leaves out the fact that the oil companies are salivating
> over deep-water, offshore leases -- when there is no deep-water drill rigs
> available.

Dumbass,without a need none will be built, DUH!

Fucking GROW A BRAIN!

> Then he turns around an ignores the fact that many are calling
> for the oil companies to drill on existing leases - which ARE on dry land
> AND can be reached fairly easily as he indicates.

And if they HAD good oil reserves they'd already have been drilled.

WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING STUPID?????

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:43:56 PM7/22/08
to
Baxter wrote:
> -
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Yer Pal Al" <Caddys...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:57e9d40b-b47f-4828...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>> On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
>>>> for this careless
>>>> act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>>> Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that if
>>> we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
>>> week? Are you really that dumb????
>> Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity is
>> set?
>
> It's you rightards that have such problems with cost/price.

Oh pardon me, I though the po folks were having issues...my bad...

>>> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil from
>>> a well started today?
>> In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?
>
> If we switch to plug-in hybrids and cut oil/gasoline usage by 50%, then
> existing wells will be producing all the oil we need 10 years from now.

Nope.

Not on a global basis.

Go talk to China, they're the auto growth story, fool.

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:47:29 PM7/22/08
to
Starkiller wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:07:42 +0000 (UTC), gatt
> <ga...@livefromtheclocktower2008.us> wrote:
>
>> Starkiller wrote:
>>
>>> The ten year figure got started because that is the estimimate by some
>>> so called eperts for drilling in ANWR and establishing the
>>> infrastructure needed to support it. Mostly due to the fact that the
>>> heavy equipment needed to excavate the sire can only operate on the
>>> tundra during the winter months. Once they have found the right spots
>>
>> "once they have found the right spots." If you're in a hurry, do
>> dousing rods work?
>
> Seems you're one to cut a sentence in half then change the meaning to
> suit your piddly little needs.
> Guess honest discussion is just too far over your little head.

Gothman is a human hot button and a cowardly snip artist.

Best thing you can do is piss him off and then dance all over him.

He's easy.

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:48:05 PM7/22/08
to

Why de gubmint'll hep us, of coors!

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:49:43 PM7/22/08
to
What debunked, they signed leases with Cuba already.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/china_starts_oil_drilling.html

While Washington dithers over exploiting oil and gas reserves off the
coast of Florida, China has seized the opportunity to gobble up these
deposits, which run throughout Latin America, the Caribbean and along
the U.S. Gulf coast.

The Chinese have forged a deal with Cuban leader Fidel Castro to explore
and tap into massive oil reserves almost within sight of Key West,
Florida. At the same time, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who
controls the largest oil reserves in the Western Hemisphere, is making
deals to sell his country?s oil to China, oil that is currently coming
to the United States.

Meanwhile, a new left-wing populist regime in Bolivia has nationalized
the natural gas industry, threatening to cut off supplies to the United
States.

SLANT DRILLING

There are new reports out circulating that Chinese firms are planning to
slant drill off the Cuban coast near the Florida Straits, tapping into
U.S. oil reserves that are estimated at 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion
barrels. This compares with 4 billion to 10 billion barrels believed to
be beneath the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, where drilling is held
up in Congress due to the objections of environmental groups which warn
of endangering caribou. Permission to drill in the refuge, which experts
are certain will not present any environmental hazard, has failed by
just two votes in the Senate.

As Chinese business increases its reach around the world, it is seeking
oil, which it lacks domestically.

After elections in Mexico in early July, when a new regime hostile to
Washington is expected to take power, the United States might be without
supplies of Mexican crude oil. The United States gets about 40 percent
of its imported oil from Mexico and Venezuela.

China is eager to tap into oil reserves in the Florida Straits and then
make a deal with Castro to control it. The Chinese have already reopened
an abandoned Russian oil refinery in Cuba. Much of the gas refined there
is believed to be destined for Freeport in the Bahamas, where the
Chinese, through front company Hutchison-Whampoa, has developed a
massive port facility and airfield.

With the refinery reopened and expanded it will also meet the needs of
Castro.

Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) has introduced legislation to ease U.S.
restrictions that prevent dealing with Cuba to drill in the Florida
Straits. It is hoped that Florida regulations that prevent U.S. oil
drilling off the state?s coasts could also be eased.

The irony is that Chinese drilling could be even more of an
environmental hazard since China is not as concerned about or equipped
to deal with any potential ecological disaster as a result of a spill,
said Craig.

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:52:28 PM7/22/08
to
Baxter wrote:

> Nope. Not at all. If we drilled now (which we can't), in 10 years we'd be
> about where we are now in terms of dependancy. We'd have to engage in a
> Manhattan Project style of drilling campaign to reduce our dependancy at
> all.

Great idea, love it.

Add that to coal to liquids.

Biodiesel.

Ethanol.

CNG.

etc.

Let's go!


>
>> Compound that with the increased demand for oil from emerging nations will
>> place us in a good position. Another point which liberals would appreciate
>> is that the only reason we have anything to do with the Middle East is
>> because oil is a national concern. The area is important to our national
>> interests and the silver lining (for liberals) is that we would then have
>> no need of Israel.
> Why are we exporting oil when we could reduce imports by 25% if we used it
> ourselves?

Because it's a FREE market fool, we have to contribute if we want to see
any coming our way, capisce?

And importing 69% we'd best play the game, right?

Damn you are so FUCKING STUPID!

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:54:05 PM7/22/08
to
Baxter wrote:
> -
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Starkiller" <NoSpam.S...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:3bvc84pp4e7ga0u62...@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:29:15 -0700, "Baxter"
>> <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote:
>>> Also, Starkiller leaves out the fact that the oil companies are salivating
>>> over deep-water, offshore leases -- when there is no deep-water drill rigs
>>> available. Then he turns around an ignores the fact that many are calling
>>> for the oil companies to drill on existing leases - which ARE on dry land
>>> AND can be reached fairly easily as he indicates.
>>>
>> How much oil is on those existing leases sparky? Since you all have
>> such a hard on for them to drill there you obviously must have a
>> reference to back it up yes?
>
> google is your friend. 'Course the real question is how much oil is in
> those areas where they want to drill - the answer is: "nobody really knows".

Nor will they until we start drilling, DUH!


>> How many test wells have been drilled on existing leases and came up
>> dry?
>
> How many test wells have been drilled in those offshore area where they want
> to drill and come up empty - the answer is none -- because they don't have
> the equipment.

Nope, the answer is the govt. hasn't done any new geology there in 30
years - ASSHOLE LIAR!

>> How many
>> If the oil companies are lucky they may find oil under 1% of the total
>> land they lease. Maybe you should give them a call since you
>> obviously know exactly where it all is yes?
>>
> Well, you certainly don't know if any of it is in those off-shore, deep
> water areas -- so why are you pushing for those leases?

Actually we DO know from subsidiary geological cahrting.

You're just painfully stupid and mendacious.

March Hare

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 10:54:27 PM7/22/08
to

So?????

SMITH29

unread,
Jul 22, 2008, 11:12:09 PM7/22/08
to
Baxter wrote:
> -
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Why are we exporting oil when we could reduce imports by 25% if we used it
> ourselves?
>
xxxx
Where do we export to and how much?

29

Don Homuth

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 12:27:18 AM7/23/08
to
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:45:54 -0700, SMITH29 <smi...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>gatt wrote:
>> SMITH29 wrote:
>>> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
>>> for this careless act.
>>> http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-block-offshore-drilling/
>>>
>>
>> Pelosi needs to be hauled behind the same keel as Cheney.
>>

>What does Cheney have to do with this?

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

March Hare

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 12:38:17 AM7/23/08
to

Drugs just kick in?

Baxter

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 12:55:47 AM7/23/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Starkiller" <NoSpamS...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4s2d84tbdi733ksfo...@4ax.com...


> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:16:43 -0700, "Baxter"
> <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote:
>
>>"lein" <boomer_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>>news:87686722-0893-4e65...@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>>> ... What's idiotic is Cuba/
>>>China drilling in areas off Florida where U.S. companies are
>>>forbidden.
>>
>>What's idiotic is repeating the debunked claim about the Chinese drilling
>>off Florida.
>>

> Yeah, when it's actually Cuba that is going to be drilling using
> Chinese equipment.
> http://havanajournal.com/business/entry/cuba_oil_production_to_increase_with_more_chinese_equipment_arriving/
>
> or http://tinyurl.com/69uans
>
> That makes it all better yes?
>
If true, it's -their- oil.


Baxter

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 12:59:00 AM7/23/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"SMITH29" <smi...@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:WrmdnYOHr80RPBvV...@supernews.com...

A already posted the link - go find it.


Baxter

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 12:58:22 AM7/23/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Starkiller" <NoSpamS...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:513d84h0jmpauvg7c...@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:28:40 -0700, "Baxter"
> <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote:
>>
> I notice you chose to snip out thus not answering a really telling
> question which is why would "Big Oil" elect to invest hundreds of
> millions of dollars on off shore rigs if they can get oil using land
> based rigs costing 10% of that?
>
> Please explain what evil plan they have for spending so much more of
> there money on empty holes. How is that going to rake in those
> phenomenal profits you all hate?
> I keep asking that and folks like you just keep snipping it out.

Already answered that a couple days ago - it's financial shenanigans and to
deny the competition access.


Baxter

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 12:56:56 AM7/23/08
to
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Starkiller" <NoSpamS...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:iv2d84la30kcndget...@4ax.com...


> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:24:01 -0700, "Baxter"
> <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote:

>>Why are we exporting oil when we could reduce imports by 25% if we used it
>>ourselves?
>>

> Cite? Care to show us just how much crude oil the US is exporting?
>
>
Already posted the cite a day or two ago. Avail yourself of the history.


Bill Shatzer

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 1:06:00 AM7/23/08
to
lein wrote:

-snip-

> But both drilling an exploring alternatives isn't a zero sum game and
> not doing both means you are more addicted to oil in 5-10 years and
> still decade(s) away from the alternatives. What's idiotic is Cuba/


> China drilling in areas off Florida where U.S. companies are
> forbidden.

Except the Chinese aren't drilling any wheres close to Florida - or any
where in this hemisphere for that matter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366249,00.html

Cheney (and George Will) had their collective heads up their collective
butts once again.

And the only places the Chinese -might- drill and where US companies
might be disallowed are areas within -Cuban- territorial waters.

The Cubans are unlikely to invite Exxon-Mobile in. But should they do
so, US laws would be quite irrelevant as to where they could or could
not drill.

> In the mean time, how are you going to replace millions of cars given
> the turnover for a car is something like 9 years? (and longer if you
> are poor)?

About right - which means that at the end of 9 years, you've replaced
fully half the vehicles.

Half the cars getting 20 mpg and half the cars being plug-in hybrids
getting infinite mpg is a lot better than all the cars getting 20 mpg.

peace and justice,

sherb

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 1:17:30 AM7/23/08
to

"Bill Shatzer" <bshat...@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:jZednYk7U_OrIRvV...@comcast.com...

Why do we not hear of the cost factor inherent in this hybrid/electric car
bullshit.
Most folks could not afford the battery complement let alone the new car
built around the batteries etc. Then the falisy of easily charging the
batteries at home. What about the electric bill and the strain on the grid.
Present infra structure would not hanlde the increased loads necessary to do
this...

So seems Drill Now and drill often and drill anywhere is the way to go.
Or a 20 foot tower with windmill and solar power plants on every home in
America and maybe on every car hood...


sherb

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 1:37:56 AM7/23/08
to

"Starkiller" <NoSpam.S...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c8vc8455cvtd8ia9e...@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:17:28 -0700 (PDT), Yer Pal Al
> <Caddys...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Jul 22, 3:23 pm, mordacpreven...@hotmail.com wrote:

>>> On Jul 22, 2:00 pm, Yer Pal Al <Caddyshack...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> > On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> > > On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> > > > OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will
>>> > > > suffer
>>> > > > for this careless
>>> > > > act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>>>
>>> > > Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that
>>> > > if
>>> > > we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
>>> > > week? Are you really that dumb????
>>>
>>> > Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity is
>>> > set?
>>>
>>> > > Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil
>>> > > from
>>> > > a well started today?
>>>
>>> > In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?
>>>
>>> In 10 years oil consumption will have increased to the point where we
>>> will still require more oil imports than we do now, regardless of how
>>> much drilling is done domestically.
>>
>>What I don't understand is why liberals want the oil companies to make
>>huge profits. If we allow drilling the futures price will go down and
>>although their profit margin is the same, they won't be making record
>>profits.

>>
>>> It's a zero sum game.
>>
>>If we don't get it the Chinese will.

>>
>>> The sooner you rightwing idiots realize that, the sooner we can loosen
>>> the stranglehold non-renewable energy has on us.
>>
>>We aren't going to develop new technologies if the economy is in the
>>toilet. Our best bet for progress on this is from the auto
>>manufacturers and they are cutting their R&D budgets right now.
>
>
> Wonder how much "big oil" will rake in when they wait that 10 years
> and oil is over $200 a barrel and gas is over $8 a gallon?

Hey
A Gallon of Milk is over $4 now too. So is there a big farmers cartel
making excess profits?
Or is the Oil Industry the only crooks when prices go up.

Yer Pal Al

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 1:51:02 AM7/23/08
to
On Jul 22, 4:31 pm, "Baxter" <lbax02.spamgu...@baxcode.com> wrote:
> -
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------

> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------
>
> "Yer Pal Al" <Caddyshack...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:57e9d40b-b47f-4828...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

>
> >On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >> > OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will suffer
> >> > for this careless
> >> > act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to-bloc...
>
> >> Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that if
> >> we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in a
> >> week? Are you really that dumb????
>
> >Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity is
> >set?
>
> It's you rightards that have such problems with cost/price.

Because we make money?

> >> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil from
> >> a well started today?
>
> >In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?
>

> If we switch to plug-in hybrids and cut oil/gasoline usage by 50%, then
> existing wells will be producing all the oil we need 10 years from now.

So we need to start building nuclear plants then - and Pelosi will
block that too.

March Hare

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 2:32:53 AM7/23/08
to
DIE YOU TRAITOR!

March Hare

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 2:33:05 AM7/23/08
to

LIAR!

March Hare

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 2:33:16 AM7/23/08
to

LIAR!!!

March Hare

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 2:33:30 AM7/23/08
to
Baxter wrote:
> -
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "SMITH29" <smi...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:WrmdnYOHr80RPBvV...@supernews.com...
>> Baxter wrote:
>>> -
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Why are we exporting oil when we could reduce imports by 25% if we used
>>> it ourselves?
>>>
>> xxxx
>> Where do we export to and how much?
>>
> A already posted
LIAR!!!!!

March Hare

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 2:35:07 AM7/23/08
to
Bill Shatzer wrote:
> lein wrote:
>
> -snip-
>
>> But both drilling an exploring alternatives isn't a zero sum game and
>> not doing both means you are more addicted to oil in 5-10 years and
>> still decade(s) away from the alternatives. What's idiotic is Cuba/
>> China drilling in areas off Florida where U.S. companies are
>> forbidden.
>
> Except the Chinese aren't drilling any wheres close to Florida -

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March Hare

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 2:38:19 AM7/23/08
to
Bill Shatzer wrote:

> The Cubans are unlikely to invite Exxon-Mobile in.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"And over 4,000 Americans have paid with their lives for that little
adventure. Plus a half a trillion dollars in national treasure


You might compare that with the number of lives lost on 9-11. Or the
economic injury incurred from that event.


It would have been cheaper in both lives and money to just suffer
another 9-11 every six or seven years.


Peace and justice,"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob Harrington

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 4:15:22 AM7/23/08
to
SMITH29 <smi...@comcast.net> wrote in
news:WZydnbSHGNew-RvV...@supernews.com:

> mordacp...@hotmail.com wrote:


>> On Jul 22, 2:00 pm, Yer Pal Al <Caddyshack...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>>> OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will
>>>>> suffer for this careless
>>>>> act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-t
>>>>> o-bloc...
>>>> Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that
>>>> if we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in
>>>> a week? Are you really that dumb????
>>> Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity
>>> is set?
>>>

>>>> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil
>>>> from a well started today?
>>> In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?
>>

>> In 10 years oil consumption will have increased to the point where we
>> will still require more oil imports than we do now, regardless of how
>> much drilling is done domestically.

> xxxx
> You just make that up?

Algore is going to give us all magic carpets within ten years, remember?

>> It's a zero sum game.
>>

> xxxx
> It's a Moonbat game.
> You want to protect Nancy from the wolves who are about to devour her.


>
>> The sooner you rightwing idiots realize that, the sooner we can
>> loosen the stranglehold non-renewable energy has on us.

> xxxx
> Excuse me but the Barking Moonbats are the ones strangling the nation
> and making the Arabs Billionaire's.

As is their intent and plan. I look forward to pissing on Pelosi's grave,
too.

Bob Harrington

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 4:16:48 AM7/23/08
to
"Baxter" <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote in
news:ZtednbxxBNXDFBvV...@posted.pcez:

> -
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------- Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------------
>

> "Starkiller" <NoSpam.S...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> news:3bvc84pp4e7ga0u62...@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:29:15 -0700, "Baxter"
>> <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Also, Starkiller leaves out the fact that the oil companies are
>>>salivating over deep-water, offshore leases -- when there is no
>>>deep-water drill rigs available. Then he turns around an ignores the
>>>fact that many are calling for the oil companies to drill on existing
>>>leases - which ARE on dry land AND can be reached fairly easily as he
>>>indicates.
>>>
>> How much oil is on those existing leases sparky? Since you all have
>> such a hard on for them to drill there you obviously must have a
>> reference to back it up yes?
>
> google is your friend. 'Course the real question is how much oil is
> in those areas where they want to drill - the answer is: "nobody
> really knows".
>

>> How many test wells have been drilled on existing leases and came up
>> dry?
>
> How many test wells have been drilled in those offshore area where
> they want to drill and come up empty - the answer is none -- because
> they don't have the equipment.
>

>>How many
>> If the oil companies are lucky they may find oil under 1% of the
>> total land they lease. Maybe you should give them a call since you
>> obviously know exactly where it all is yes?
>>
> Well, you certainly don't know if any of it is in those off-shore,
> deep water areas -- so why are you pushing for those leases?

Deep water? Didn't Uhhbama promise to lower the seas?

Bob Harrington

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 4:28:23 AM7/23/08
to
"Justin Case" <Thin...@pacbell.net> wrote in
news:rlvhk.18755$N87....@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com:

>
> "Baxter" <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message
> news:jcqdnYhQH71m8BvV...@posted.pcez...

>> -
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> -------------- Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> --------------
>>
>> "Yer Pal Al" <Caddys...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:57e9d40b-b47f-4828...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com
>> ...

>>>On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>>> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> > OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will
>>>> > suffer for this careless
>>>> > act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-
>>>> > to-bloc...
>>>>
>>>> Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that
>>>> if we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in
>>>> a week? Are you really that dumb????
>>>
>>>Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity
>>>is set?
>>

>> It's you rightards that have such problems with cost/price.
>>

>>>> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil
>>>> from a well started today?
>>>
>>>In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?
>>

>> If we switch to plug-in hybrids and cut oil/gasoline usage by 50%,
>> then existing wells will be producing all the oil we need 10 years
>> from now.
>

> And how do you expect everyone to buy new hybrid cars? And how do we
> cope with the increased electrical drain? Hell, in California during
> the summer, we can barely handle the added air conditioning. Build
> more electrical plants? Yea, right. Eco nuts and NIMBY types won't
> let that occur. Maybe we could all pile unto mass public transit and
> have to sit (well more than likely stand for the two hour ride) next
> to some piss smelling bum. Oh, excuse me. Some piss smelling
> homeless person.

Why take a bath when you can take the bus!

Bob Harrington

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 4:30:10 AM7/23/08
to
Yer Pal Al <Caddys...@gmail.com> wrote in
news:28cbe970-0dfc-4f51...@b2g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> On Jul 22, 4:31 pm, "Baxter" <lbax02.spamgu...@baxcode.com> wrote:
>> -
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ---
> --­---------
>> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ---
> --­---------
>>
>> "Yer Pal Al" <Caddyshack...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:57e9d40b-b47f

> -4828-99d4-...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com...


>>
>> >On Jul 22, 1:46 pm, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> >> On Jul 22, 1:25 pm, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> >> > OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will
>> >> > suffe
> r
>> >> > for this careless
>> >> > act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows
>> >> > -to
> -bloc...
>>
>> >> Geez, your a moron. Do you think, and I use the term loosely, that
>> >> if we approve off shore drilling we'll have gusher after gusher in
>> >> a week? Are you really that dumb????
>>
>> >Are you that dumb that you don't know how the price for a commodity
>> >is set?
>>
>> It's you rightards that have such problems with cost/price.
>
> Because we make money?
>
>> >> Do you know that it will take 10 years to get any recoverable oil
>> >> from a well started today?
>>
>> >In 10 years we aren't going to need *ANY* oil?
>>
>> If we switch to plug-in hybrids and cut oil/gasoline usage by 50%,
>> then existing wells will be producing all the oil we need 10 years
>> from now.
>
> So we need to start building nuclear plants then - and Pelosi will
> block that too.

Not if we build one around her.

Bob Harrington

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 4:32:39 AM7/23/08
to
"Justin Case" <Thin...@pacbell.net> wrote in
news:bnvhk.18756$N87....@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com:

>
> "Yer Pal Al" <Caddys...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:72bd4d12-b081-4ed6...@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com.
> .. On Jul 22, 3:24 pm, mordacpreven...@hotmail.com wrote:


>> On Jul 22, 10:25 am, SMITH29 <smit...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> > OK, so now we know exactly who to blame and the Democrats will

>> > suffer for this careless
>> > act.http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/19/pelosi-vows-to
>> > -bloc...
>>

>> Good luck with that.
>>
>> Most Americans are smarter than you rightard morons.
>
> 67% are smarter than dumbocrats:
> http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politic
> s/67_support_offshore_drilling_64_expect_it_will_lower_prices
>
> But when the 37% yell, scream, curse and generally abuse yours and
> their rights then the 37% becomes very powerful.

Which is what the Second Ammendment is for.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Baxter

unread,
Jul 23, 2008, 10:51:00 AM7/23/08