Re: Best Political Speech I Ever Heard

Moulan

Aug 27, 2021, 3:20:03 PM8/27/21
In article <bq2dnaBV5Lg0tbX8...@earthlink.com>
SevenOverSix <hae274c.net> wrote:

> WOW !!!
>
> It was on C-Span, its "Reel America" segment. The
> speech was from 1966, the nominal title was "The
> Myth of the Great Society" and the speaker was none
> other than Ronald Reagan. The SCARY bit was that
> the speech could have been written yesterday - the
> SAME concerns about rampant taxation and regulation,
> the SAME concerns about using the public schools
> to brainwash the youth with commie propaganda, the
> SAME concerns about "majority rule" being tempered
> by the Bill Of Rights, the SAME concern about how
> "soft" western societies are likely to kow-tow and
> eventually fall to the "barbarians" as history so
> often illustrates.
>
> But Reagan gave the speech BETTER than any current
> pol I'm aware of. He sure wasn't senile THEN, he
> was super-sharp and had a clearer idea of our REAL
> threats and failings were than even Trump.

His quotes were golden.

“A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.”
- Ronald Reagan

“We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society
is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the
American precept that each individual is accountable for his
actions.”
- Ronald Reagan

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that
they know so many things that aren't so.”
- Ronald Reagan