"seven seals" in Bible?

David Kiesling

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

I was watching a show about the David Koresh thing in Wako that
happened 5 years ago. You know, the guy who thought he was Jesus and
took the "branch divinians" into a compound in Wako, and the post
office found out tons of illegal guns were being transported there.

On the phone with a negotiator, Koresh started actually preaching to
the guy and muttered something about the "seven seals". Is there a
seven seals in the Bible or is Koresh a Robert Jordan fan?

Swwoodsy

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

On Thu, Apr 9, 1998 20:29 EDT
dnski...@telis.org (David Kiesling) wondered:

I'm a complete pagan, but I have learned a little about/read some of
the Bible. I believe the "Seven Seals" referred to are the ones in
John's Revelation. It's the last book of the New Testament. The
breaking of these seals and the plagues, destruction, Horsemen of
the Apocalypse, angels, etc. that follow are said to herald
Judgement Day. There's a movie that I really liked (although it
lacks real substance) called _The Seventh Seal_ with Demi Moore
and Juergen Prochnow that deals with this. It was pretty good, but
not great. Rent it on bargain day or something.

HTH.

--
Stephanie W.

And it's Waco, although few would disagree that it is indeed wacko.

Immanent Deviation

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

Take a look at the last book of the standard New Testament, the Book of Revelation.

------------------------
From: David Kiesling <dnski...@telis.org>
Subject: "seven seals" in Bible?
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 00:29:38 GMT
Location: news://news.k2nesoft.com/alt.fan.robert-jordan/352e66c7....@news.telis.org
To: "alt.fan.robert-jordan" <@news:alt.fan.ro...@news.k2nesoft.com>

I was watching a show about the David Koresh thing in Wako that
happened 5 years ago. You know, the guy who thought he was Jesus and
took the "branch divinians" into a compound in Wako, and the post
office found out tons of illegal guns were being transported there.

On the phone with a negotiator, Koresh started actually preaching to
the guy and muttered something about the "seven seals". Is there a
seven seals in the Bible or is Koresh a Robert Jordan fan?

Adam Zylstra

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

David Kiesling (dnski...@telis.org) wrote:
: I was watching a show about the David Koresh thing in Wako that

: happened 5 years ago. You know, the guy who thought he was Jesus and
: took the "branch divinians" into a compound in Wako, and the post
: office found out tons of illegal guns were being transported there.

: On the phone with a negotiator, Koresh started actually preaching to
: the guy and muttered something about the "seven seals". Is there a
: seven seals in the Bible or is Koresh a Robert Jordan fan?

____

The seven seals in the Bible occur in the book of Revelation.
In the fifth chapter we are presented with a scroll sealed with seven
seals. No one worthy can be found to break the seals and open the
scrolls until the Lamb who was Slain -that being Jesus- comes forward.
Upon the openning of each seal different signs and symbols come, each
leading to the judgement and perfection of the cosmos. Since David
Koresh thought he was Jesus returned he probably believed he was openning
the seven seals and preparing the world for the end of this existence.
The openning of the first six seals occurs in the sixth chapter, the
seventh seal is reserved for the eight chapter. The chapter is so
symbolic it's hard to say exactly what is means, but I wouldn't trust
David Koresh for it. A lot of Jordan read a bit like Revelation, then
again I think the Bible records are the basis for much fantasy, particularly
messainic fantasy like "Dune" or WoT. Actually The Narnia Chronicles
by C.S. Lewis are an allegory Lewis wrote that are meant to symbolize
the work of God.
HtH.

Adam C. Zylstra
dmzy...@dordt.edu
If the only thing more expensive than education is ignorance,
I guess that means ignorance would cost me about $15,000 a year.

SquidKilller

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

Yeah, but you do get to see a naked Demi Moore looking pregnant. And THAT is
a turnon !

SquidKiller

Swwoodsy wrote in message
<199804100335...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>On Thu, Apr 9, 1998 20:29 EDT
>dnski...@telis.org (David Kiesling) wondered:
>

>>I was watching a show about the David Koresh thing in Wako that
>>happened 5 years ago. You know, the guy who thought he was Jesus and
>>took the "branch divinians" into a compound in Wako, and the post
>>office found out tons of illegal guns were being transported there.
>>
>>On the phone with a negotiator, Koresh started actually preaching to
>>the guy and muttered something about the "seven seals". Is there a
>>seven seals in the Bible or is Koresh a Robert Jordan fan?

ar...@surfari.net

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

dmzy...@dordt.edu (Adam Zylstra) wrote:
> Since David Koresh thought he was Jesus returned he probably believed
> he was openning the seven seals and preparing the world for the end of
> this existence.

Adam, as far as I can tell, David Koresh didn't claim to be Jesus. His
people did believe him to be a messiah, not Jesus, but a messiah. They
thought the new messiah would be a common man who, unlike Jesus, would have
had occasion to sin often in his life, as most common men do. I think this
somewhat dispells the notion that Koresh thought he was Jesus.

> The chapter is so symbolic it's hard to say exactly what is means, but
> I wouldn't trust David Koresh for it.

The only way to even begin to understand the Revelation, if indeed there is
any understanding it, is by looking at the other prophecies throughout the
Bible, such as Daniel and Isaiah. Koresh could have been mistaken in his
interpretation, but he knew the Bible. I would have liked to have seen the
finished work he was attempting regarding his written interpretation of the
Seven Seals.

Lynette
--

..

Etherman

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

David Kiesling wrote in message <352e66c7....@news.telis.org>...

>I was watching a show about the David Koresh thing in Wako that
>happened 5 years ago. You know, the guy who thought he was Jesus and
>took the "branch divinians" into a compound in Wako, and the post
>office found out tons of illegal guns were being transported there.

All of this is highly debateable, but let's not get into that here. Check
out
alt.conspiracy on just about any day.

>On the phone with a negotiator, Koresh started actually preaching to
>the guy and muttered something about the "seven seals". Is there a
>seven seals in the Bible or is Koresh a Robert Jordan fan?

The seven seals comes from the book of Revelation. Perhaps of discussion
of them might be illuminating.

Starting at chapter 5 we're told about a book with seven seals on it. John
continues, "And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is
worthy to open up the book, and to loose the seals thereof? And no man in
heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book,
neither
to look thereupon. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to
open and to read the book, neither to look thereon."

I always found this odd from a Christian perspective because Jesus would
have been worthy, would he not?

The answer is apparently yes, because Revelation goes on to say the
"Root of David" has prevailed to open the book and loose the seals.
In the case of Jesus I can only reason that at one point he wasn't
worthy to open the book, then did something, and then became worthy.
This something must be his death.

Assuming this has any relevance to Rand it must be assumed that Rand
is the one who is loosing the seals! It's not clear what he has done to
get that power. I suspect that it has to do with him discovering his
ability to channel. The first broken seal wasn't discovered until after
he first channeled. The argument against the theory is that the Forsaken
were free before the seal was broken.

So what happens when each seal is broken?

First Seal: A rider on a white horse is given the power to conquer.

After the first seal was broken in WoT Rand began conquering the world.

Second Seal: There's someone on a red horse with a "great sword"
who takes peace from the earth.

Maybe the great sword refers to Callandor.

Third seal: Always been a bit confused about this one, but I think it boils
down to widespread economic disaster.

Nynaeve certainly complains a lot about the high prices of substandard
goods.

Fourth Seal: Death by sword, hunger, and wild beasts.

We've seen war, hunger, and Trollocs in WoT.

Fifth Seal: The people slain for God cry out for revenge.

I don't know how this relates to WoT.

Sixth Seal: Earthquakes and other cool shit. The day of wrath is near.

Again, I don't see a connection, except that the DO will be released
soon.

Seventh Seal: Seven angels are given seven trumpets, each of which
delivers a different kind of judgment.

Here's probably where any similarities end. After the DO's seals are
broken he's going to fight Rand. RJ will hopefully end things there.

Etherman

The Internet's sole purpose is to get porn and
bomb making plans into the hands of children.

ethe...@mdc.net

ahe...@hotmail.com

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

In article <352e66c7....@news.telis.org>,

dnski...@telis.org (David Kiesling) wrote:

> I was watching a show about the David Koresh thing in Wako that
> happened 5 years ago. You know, the guy who thought he was Jesus and
> took the "branch divinians" into a compound in Wako, and the post
> office found out tons of illegal guns were being transported there.
>
> On the phone with a negotiator, Koresh started actually preaching to
> the guy and muttered something about the "seven seals". Is there a
> seven seals in the Bible or is Koresh a Robert Jordan fan?

Yes, in Revelations...

YHWH_...@yahoo.com

Jun 18, 2018, 2:51:53 PM6/18/18
Manifesto of Koresh

--
The Seven Seals first (1st) seal was found at the intersection of Scroll Trench and the elder Helestone Ditch (where it once was). Located 2 ft (0.61m) East of Lt-Col William Hawley's 19 May 1923 unexcavated C6 right-angled triangle hypotenuse centre at a depth of 4.5 ft (1.37m) below ground level (GL), this westernmost first (1st) seal is now in British Museum. An EM (electromagnetic conductivity) survey of the remaining six (6) seals show them distributed at intervals of one seal per cubit (1.5 ft, 0.46m) as measured from the horizontal surface plane. These seals progressively deepen toward the East downward to EM detected Tabernacle's Gold, Silver, Brass, Iron below Helestone's face of a man (Ez. 1:10, 10:14; Rev. 4:7).

BEGINNING at the first (1st) Phocaea (Ionia) 600 BC produced electrum stater seal located along the bottom of Scroll Trench, a 7th-6th century BC earthwork at Stonehenge, said first (1st) seal found by Robert Newall on 19 May 1923 at the intersection of Scroll Trench and the elder Helestone Ditch (where it once was), and said first (1st) seal located 2 ft (0.61m) East of said Lt-Col William Hawley's 19 May 1923 unexcavated C6 right-angled triangle hypotenuse centre at a depth of 4.5 ft (1.37m) below ground level (GL) surface;

THENCE East 1.5ft (0.46m) down Scroll Trench to EM detected second (2nd) sealed seal;
THENCE East 1.5 ft (0.46m) down Scroll Trench to EM detected third (3rd) sealed seal;
THENCE East 2 ft (0.61m)) down Scroll Trench to EM detected fourth (4th) sealed seal;
THENCE East 2 ft (0.61m) down Scroll Trench to EM detected fifth (5th) sealed seal;
THENCE East 2.5 ft (0.76m) down Scroll Trench to EM detected sixth (6th) sealed seal;
THENCE East 2.5ft (0.76m) down Scroll Trench to EM detected seventh (7th) sealed seal;
THENCE East 3.0 ft (0.91m) down Scroll Trench to EM detected Gold, Silver, Brass, Iron;
THE THRONE BEGINNING; in the County of Wiltshire, Great Britain, United Kingdom.

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/162273452/

David Koresh
O Lion of Judah
1st April 1993 a.m.

--
The Seven Spirits of God are seven of the portable gold artifacts from
Solomon's Temple (Hebrew: בית המקדש, transliterated Beit HaMikdash):

the 1st Spirit - gold Mercy Seat
the 2nd Spirit - gold Ark of the Testimony
the 3rd Spirit - gold Table for the Shewbread
the 4th Spirit - gold Candlestick
the 5th Spirit - gold Ephod-Girdle
the 6th Spirit - gold Breastplate
the 7th Spirit - gold Altar of Incense

The Seven Spirits were originally inside Exodus' Tabernacle (Hebrew: משכן, transliterated Mishkan),
also portable. In the Book of Exodus they are listed and described (Ex 25-40) and in the Book of
Revelation they are mentioned four times (Rev 1:4, 3:1, 4:5, and 5:6):

Rev 1:4 - John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him
which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his
throne;
Rev 3:1 - And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven
Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art
dead.
Rev 4:5 - And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were
seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev 5:6 - And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of
the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the
seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Some Book of Isaiah 11:2 scholars say they are the 3 Spirits of the LORD:

1 - the Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
2 - the Spirit of counsel and might;
3 - the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.

Mishkan is currently at Stonehenge Temple 1.2m (4ft) below Heel Stone on bottom of Scroll Trench,
go unearth the Exodus' Tabernacle, the Seven Spirits of God, instead of shooting at our children.

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/162273452/

David Koresh, Lamb of God
and Lambs manifesto.
1 April 1993 a.m.