Damn it you nerds, what are you doing with your lives?

Chucky@Work

Jan 17, 2020, 8:45:47 AM1/17/20
I wrote the Steal, lo all these many many years ago, by starting with a chapter-by-chapter summary of each book and then sort of following the plot threads.

This was easier, of course, back when I remembered more about the plot. These days, danged if I can remember what even happened in the last few books.

To make matters worse, now that I'm thinking about continuing and ending the Steal, I can't find a single resource that has completed the series in chapter-summary format.

All the big ones seem to pause in "under construction" mode at the final book. It's almost as if everyone went and got a life or something. But that can't be it.

Am I going to have to read the last book again myself?

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog

Cassie

Jan 17, 2020, 5:12:47 PM1/17/20
I think that we all need to re-read the whole thing before watching the
series next year.

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Jan 24, 2020, 4:41:12 AM1/24/20
lauantai 18. tammikuuta 2020 0.12.47 UTC+2 Cassie kirjoitti:

> I think that we all need to re-read the whole thing before watching the
> series next year.

Oof, that may be something I need to do, yeah. Fortunately I'm pretty familiar with it so maybe just speed-reading it would work.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Cassie

Jan 25, 2020, 11:46:25 AM1/25/20
Yep. Speed reading should help a lot I think.

Cassie

Marek Mercury

Feb 18, 2020, 7:27:57 PM2/18/20
On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 12:46:25 AM UTC+8, Cassie wrote:
> On 24-1-2020 10:41, Chucky@Work wrote:
> > lauantai 18. tammikuuta 2020 0.12.47 UTC+2 Cassie kirjoitti:

Yeah, I got a life. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

> >> I think that we all need to re-read the whole thing before watching the
> >> series next year.

How many were there? As with pints of beer, I lost count at 11.

> > Oof, that may be something I need to do, yeah. Fortunately I'm pretty familiar with it so maybe just speed-reading it would work.
>
> Yep. Speed reading should help a lot I think.

It's also pretty straightforward reading. Not quite The Silmarillion.

I only just read the last 3 Sanderson tomes a few years ago when I found out they existed. It was just like speed reading Wheel of Time with focused rapid narrative. Is it true Jordan's widow was annoyed they were too rapid because he didn't write it over 6 or 7 books with a more sniffs and skirts?

I've moved so many times I had to reduce bookage each time. WoT left my shelves years ago. Have libraries been outlawed yet?

MM

Cassie

Feb 20, 2020, 11:57:10 AM2/20/20
On 19-2-2020 01:27, Marek Mercury wrote:
> On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 12:46:25 AM UTC+8, Cassie wrote:
>> On 24-1-2020 10:41, Chucky@Work wrote:
>>> lauantai 18. tammikuuta 2020 0.12.47 UTC+2 Cassie kirjoitti:
>
> Yeah, I got a life. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

> How many were there? As with pints of beer, I lost count at 11.

14 :)

>>> Oof, that may be something I need to do, yeah. Fortunately I'm pretty familiar with it so maybe just speed-reading it would work.
>>
>> Yep. Speed reading should help a lot I think.
>

> It's also pretty straightforward reading. Not quite The Silmarillion.
>
> I only just read the last 3 Sanderson tomes a few years ago when I found out they existed. It was just like speed reading Wheel of Time with focused rapid narrative. Is it true Jordan's widow was annoyed they were too rapid because he didn't write it over 6 or 7 books with a more sniffs and skirts?
>

> I've moved so many times I had to reduce bookage each time. WoT left my shelves years ago. Have libraries been outlawed yet?

Nope. Also heard of the invention e-book? :) (I use them for the
Sanderson serie I am reading)

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Feb 21, 2020, 6:12:24 AM2/21/20
torstai 20. helmikuuta 2020 18.57.10 UTC+2 Cassie kirjoitti:

> > How many were there? As with pints of beer, I lost count at 11.
>
> 14 :)

Yep, 14 in total. 15 if you want to count A New Spring as a prequel book.

I'm still looking at getting the Steal finished off, I'm about 20% through Winter's Heart right now and am busy writing my own stuff though. Then there's still Crossroads of Twilight, Knife of Dreams, The Gathering Storm, Towers of Midnight and A Memory of Light to satire.

*And* A New Spring. If I live that long and ever get to quit my day job. Not holding my breath (because then I really wouldn't live that long, would I?).

> > I only just read the last 3 Sanderson tomes a few years ago when I found
> > out they existed. It was just like speed reading Wheel of Time with focused
> > rapid narrative. Is it true Jordan's widow was annoyed they were too rapid
> > because he didn't write it over 6 or 7 books with a more sniffs and skirts?

It would be fun to believe that, so I will.

> > I've moved so many times I had to reduce bookage each time. WoT left my
> > shelves years ago. Have libraries been outlawed yet?
>
> Nope. Also heard of the invention e-book? :) (I use them for the
> Sanderson serie I am reading)

I got the Sandersons (and of course the Wheel of Time books) in hardcover, just because. But I have taken to using the Kindle (because I get to make "Hindle on the Kindle" jokes and pretend I am Dave Lister singing the Indling Song), mainly as a result of my old chum Mister C of 9 writing books that he never seemed to get around to releasing in paperback, so e-book was the only format I could get them in.

He's recently given up on his writing career mid-story, which is frustrating and I am going to whop him next time I see him.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Cassie

Feb 22, 2020, 11:17:52 AM2/22/20
I read them on my IPad. The Books app is quit nice and has a lot of
books to buy.

Cassie

David DeLaney

Mar 4, 2020, 4:24:38 AM3/4/20
On 2020-01-17, Chucky@Work <st.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I going to have to read the last book again myself?

{hand to forehead} oh, the utter aaaagony!

Dave, oh, the plot-twist-anity!

Chucky@Work

Mar 10, 2020, 10:37:48 PM3/10/20
keskiviikko 4. maaliskuuta 2020 11.24.38 UTC+2 David DeLaney kirjoitti:

> > Am I going to have to read the last book again myself?
>
> {hand to forehead} oh, the utter aaaagony!

You laugh, but with two kids running around the house it's not as easy to get a tome re-read as it once was.

> Dave, oh, the plot-twist-anity!

And plot-twist-inanity?

C@h
--