Everybody ok?

Cassie

Mar 23, 2020, 5:03:17 PM3/23/20
How is everybody doing in these troubling times?

The worst has yet to come I am afraid :(

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Mar 25, 2020, 3:18:50 AM3/25/20
maanantai 23. maaliskuuta 2020 23.03.17 UTC+2 Cassie kirjoitti:

> How is everybody doing in these troubling times?

So far so good, I'm working from home and our firstborn is attending school remotely. Janica is also teaching her students remotely.

Finland is in shutdown, we had a positive test come back for a construction worker at my workplace so they quarantined a lot of the property but I don't think we were exposed. Working from home just to be safe.

So far things aren't too dire here but there is already pressure from the corporate overlords to get back to stimulating their bloated stock portfolios. There will probably be lay-offs soon and of course this is going to be a Thing for decades to come. If you thought the "global economic crisis" was a good excuse for the rich to fuck us over, wait until they come to terms with this thing.

They're already straight-up contemplating pushing us back into working conditions that will kill millions.

> The worst has yet to come I am afraid :(

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/2020/03/16/coronalone/

Cassie

Mar 25, 2020, 5:55:06 PM3/25/20
My country refuses to do a complete lockdown like most countries do,
these days. I find that good. You do not want sad and/or rioting people
in your country.

Schools are closed, most people have to work from home, restaurants and
pubs are also closed. Everybody has to comply to the 1,5 meter rule.
Fines up to 400 euro's can be given for people who don't maintain enough
space. Also all Covid-19 related crimes will be severely punished. Last
week a guy was sentenced to 10 days in prison because he spit on a
police officer and said that he had the illness. Normally this would
result in an sentence of around 40-60 hrs community service.

All sports are cancelled and leagues are still or abandoned.

The government is working on social plans for companies and employees.
Companies can get up to 90 % compensation for salary payments and they
have a three months exemption of taxes.

I still can go to work. My company is a company that works 24/7 and is a
steel mill. We produce steel for many companies around the world. I work
at the department outgoing logistics so that has to be kept running :)

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Mar 28, 2020, 6:35:42 AM3/28/20
keskiviikko 25. maaliskuuta 2020 23.55.06 UTC+2 Cassie kirjoitti:

> My country refuses to do a complete lockdown like most countries do,
> these days. I find that good. You do not want sad and/or rioting people
> in your country.

Yeah, I've read that Sweden is also just sort of keeping things running and not taking too many authoritarian steps that might be hard to walk back later or prove to give governments too much power *after* this all passes.

Whatever "passed" is going to look like. I think there are a lot of things that are changed way more permanently than it looks.

Our always entertaining right-wing bigot party leader is calling for immigrants to be sent to work on farms and other areas that are suffering due to the slow-down and loss of native workers. If things get better and his party get into power, it will not be good.

> Schools are closed, most people have to work from home, restaurants and
> pubs are also closed. Everybody has to comply to the 1,5 meter rule.
> Fines up to 400 euro's can be given for people who don't maintain enough
> space. Also all Covid-19 related crimes will be severely punished. Last
> week a guy was sentenced to 10 days in prison because he spit on a
> police officer and said that he had the illness. Normally this would
> result in an sentence of around 40-60 hrs community service.

Oof, that's rough. I don't know if we've got that happening, I went to the supermarket to get food yesterday and it was about as crowded as always. Still, good idea to have steps like that in place.

Our capital region was sealed today, with roadblocks put in place to stop people escaping Uusimaa.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/uusimaa_closes_borders_after_late-night_vote_in_parliament/11280719

> All sports are cancelled and leagues are still or abandoned.
>
> The government is working on social plans for companies and employees.
> Companies can get up to 90 % compensation for salary payments and they
> have a three months exemption of taxes.

Not sure what's going to happen with us, right now work is carrying on as usual and we're hoping this is just a few months of an anomaly. But I guess we'll see. I'm sure we'll be feeling the economic impact for a long time to come.

> I still can go to work. My company is a company that works 24/7 and is a
> steel mill. We produce steel for many companies around the world. I work
> at the department outgoing logistics so that has to be kept running :)

Ahh, well you have my respects sir, but take care of yourself!

C@h
--
https://hatboy.blog/2020/03/16/coronalone/

Cassie

Mar 28, 2020, 6:16:35 PM3/28/20
On 28-3-2020 11:35, Chucky@Work wrote:
> keskiviikko 25. maaliskuuta 2020 23.55.06 UTC+2 Cassie kirjoitti:
>
>> My country refuses to do a complete lockdown like most countries do,
>> these days. I find that good. You do not want sad and/or rioting people
>> in your country.
>
> Yeah, I've read that Sweden is also just sort of keeping things running and not taking too many authoritarian steps that might be hard to walk back later or prove to give governments too much power *after* this all passes.
>
> Whatever "passed" is going to look like. I think there are a lot of things that are changed way more permanently than it looks.

Yes, the world will look different when its all over. A big recession
will follow I think. Also the countries with poor healthcare will
hopefully do something about it *cough*USA*cough*.

> Our always entertaining right-wing bigot party leader is calling for immigrants to be sent to work on farms and other areas that are suffering due to the slow-down and loss of native workers. If things get better and his party get into power, it will not be good.

We have two (extreme) right-wing parties at the moment and they all want
a complete lockdown France style. Not going to happen!

>> Schools are closed, most people have to work from home, restaurants and
>> pubs are also closed. Everybody has to comply to the 1,5 meter rule.
>> Fines up to 400 euro's can be given for people who don't maintain enough
>> space. Also all Covid-19 related crimes will be severely punished. Last
>> week a guy was sentenced to 10 days in prison because he spit on a
>> police officer and said that he had the illness. Normally this would
>> result in an sentence of around 40-60 hrs community service.
>
> Oof, that's rough. I don't know if we've got that happening, I went to the supermarket to get food yesterday and it was about as crowded as always. Still, good idea to have steps like that in place.

Yep. This week there was one who got 3 weeks in prison due to a similar
incident. Also if people misbehave in shops like supermarkets they can
get a shop ban, which means that they can not go to the shop, and the
area of the shop within 1 km radius, for 48 hrs. Only exceptions: Own
home, apothecary and doctor visit. This measure is usually only given to
shoplifters.

> Our capital region was sealed today, with roadblocks put in place to stop people escaping Uusimaa.
>
> https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/uusimaa_closes_borders_after_late-night_vote_in_parliament/11280719
>
>> All sports are cancelled and leagues are still or abandoned.
>>
>> The government is working on social plans for companies and employees.
>> Companies can get up to 90 % compensation for salary payments and they
>> have a three months exemption of taxes.
>
> Not sure what's going to happen with us, right now work is carrying on as usual and we're hoping this is just a few months of an anomaly. But I guess we'll see. I'm sure we'll be feeling the economic impact for a long time to come.
>
>> I still can go to work. My company is a company that works 24/7 and is a
>> steel mill. We produce steel for many companies around the world. I work
>> at the department outgoing logistics so that has to be kept running :)
>
> Ahh, well you have my respects sir, but take care of yourself!

Thank you my friend! :)

Take care!

Cassie

drrrn...@gmail.com

May 6, 2020, 11:30:41 AM5/6/20
I'm alive. I think.

Cassie

May 6, 2020, 12:35:46 PM5/6/20
Luckely we have had the worst of it. It will only get better now.

Chucky@Work

May 8, 2020, 8:41:49 AM5/8/20
keskiviikko 6. toukokuuta 2020 19.35.46 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> > I'm alive. I think.
>
> Luckely we have had the worst of it. It will only get better now.

Stay tuned for the second wave, which will be way worse if we have learned nothing from history. And at a casual scroll through the news feeds today I'm gonna say we haven't.

- C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Chucky@Work

May 8, 2020, 8:43:21 AM5/8/20
You'll be dead in a minute, just wait.

Holy crap Uncle Traveling Matt. You still in New York? How's life? We were doing montages of the intervening 15 years just a while ago. Give us a go.

His name was Drr Nick

May 8, 2020, 8:58:59 AM5/8/20
On Friday, May 8, 2020 at 8:43:21 AM UTC-4, Chucky@Work wrote:
> keskiviikko 6. toukokuuta 2020 18.30.41 UTC+3 His name was Drr Nick kirjoitti:
> > On Monday, March 23, 2020 at 5:03:17 PM UTC-4, Cassie wrote:
> > > How is everybody doing in these troubling times?
> > >
> > > The worst has yet to come I am afraid :(
> > >
> > > Cassie
> >

> > I'm alive. I think.
>
> You'll be dead in a minute, just wait.

I don't want to go in the cart!

> Holy crap Uncle Traveling Matt. You still in New York? How's life? We were doing montages of the intervening 15 years just a while ago. Give us a go.

I am NY adjacent. Living the the suburban family life. Montages? wasn't that the family from Shakespeare?

*dunce hat with smartypants oak clusters*

Cassie

May 8, 2020, 1:22:48 PM5/8/20
So true!

Hopefully it will be ok.

Cassie

Chucky@Work

May 11, 2020, 3:08:25 AM5/11/20
perjantai 8. toukokuuta 2020 15.58.59 UTC+3 His name was Drr Nick kirjoitti:

> > > I'm alive. I think.
> >
> > You'll be dead in a minute, just wait.
>
> I don't want to go in the cart!

*raises club threateningly*

> > Holy crap Uncle Traveling Matt. You still in New York? How's life? We
> > were doing montages of the intervening 15 years just a while ago. Give
> > us a go.
>
> I am NY adjacent. Living the the suburban family life. Montages? wasn't
> that the family from Shakespeare?
>
> *dunce hat with smartypants oak clusters*

Mmm, suburbia.

Yeah, we're still toodling along, most of the monkeys are on Facebook because we're old farts. Waiting for the Wheel of Time TV series but that has probably been indefinitely delayed at this point.

Otherwise there's literally nothing going on in our lives.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/2020/05/11/the-push-continues/

Chucky@Work

May 11, 2020, 3:10:53 AM5/11/20
perjantai 8. toukokuuta 2020 20.22.48 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> > Stay tuned for the second wave, which will be way worse if we have
> > learned nothing from history. And at a casual scroll through the news
> > feeds today I'm gonna say we haven't.
>
> So true!
>
> Hopefully it will be ok.

I'm reassured by my more positive friends who insist that we have made big scientific advancements and that every hour of every day we are collecting knowledge about this thing, so the second wave will find us prepared and it won't be as bad as the first.

But then there are people who say the disease is being spread by 5G signal towers in order to force a mass tracking and vaccine-mind-control agenda. And they're not even fringe lunatics anymore, it's fucking mainstream.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/2020/05/11/the-push-continues/

His name was Drr Nick

May 11, 2020, 9:05:38 AM5/11/20
On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 3:08:25 AM UTC-4, Chucky@Work wrote:

> > > You'll be dead in a minute, just wait.
> >
> > I don't want to go in the cart!
>
> *raises club threateningly*

*club dance music*

> > > Holy crap Uncle Traveling Matt. You still in New York? How's life? We
> > > were doing montages of the intervening 15 years just a while ago. Give
> > > us a go.
> >
> > I am NY adjacent. Living the the suburban family life. Montages? wasn't
> > that the family from Shakespeare?
> >
> > *dunce hat with smartypants oak clusters*
>
> Mmm, suburbia.
>
> Yeah, we're still toodling along, most of the monkeys are on Facebook because we're old farts.

All the old monkey gang. The Artful Dodger, Pip, Ralphie, Moose, and Alfalfa. Mind like a steel trap.

> Waiting for the Wheel of Time TV series but that has probably been indefinitely delayed at this point

GoT series raised the bar so high, then smeared it in shit, set it on fire and called it an overrated stick.

> Otherwise there's literally nothing going on in our lives.

That tracks.

Cassie

May 11, 2020, 3:50:03 PM5/11/20
Luckely I am bit in the know how of the virus because of that I
sometimes work on the frontline against it. The 5G crap is hilarious and
a bit worrying. The mast are set ablaze by lunatics. Also the 5G is
rumored to give you cancer and other terrible deceases.

I think that some of the lifting of the measures are done to fast but
money has to be rolling again so thats why goverments are taking the risk.

Cassie

Chucky@Work

May 12, 2020, 1:29:05 AM5/12/20
maanantai 11. toukokuuta 2020 16.05.38 UTC+3 His name was Drr Nick kirjoitti:

> > Yeah, we're still toodling along, most of the monkeys are on Facebook
> > because we're old farts.
>
> All the old monkey gang. The Artful Dodger, Pip, Ralphie, Moose, and
> Alfalfa. Mind like a steel trap.

No, they weren't all happy days...

> > Waiting for the Wheel of Time TV series but that has probably been
> > indefinitely delayed at this point
>
> GoT series raised the bar so high, then smeared it in shit, set it on fire
> and called it an overrated stick.

At least the Wheel of Time is finished?

Robert E brought this one to my attention. Remember "Mat isn't black"?

https://hatboy.blog/2020/05/12/wheel-o-time-race-etc/

I actually rather like this cast!

> > Otherwise there's literally nothing going on in our lives.
>
> That tracks.

Yeah, just been sitting here clicking the refresh button on the group, waiting for you to come back.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Chucky@Work

May 12, 2020, 1:33:57 AM5/12/20
maanantai 11. toukokuuta 2020 22.50.03 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> Luckely I am bit in the know how of the virus because of that I
> sometimes work on the frontline against it. The 5G crap is hilarious and
> a bit worrying. The mast are set ablaze by lunatics. Also the 5G is
> rumored to give you cancer and other terrible deceases.

Yep, exactly. I know that the EM radiation is dangerous at close range and in high doses, and there hasn't been conclusive testing on it, mostly because there's a 99.999% certainty that it's not necessary for the purposes of establishing the 5G network. Will it interfere with birds' migratory patterns? Maybe. But then, so will the eradication of the insect population.

I'm just hoping that the 5G network is set up fast, and a few of these morons placebo-effect themselves to death for the sake of the gene pool.

> I think that some of the lifting of the measures are done to fast but
> money has to be rolling again so thats why goverments are taking the risk.

Agreed. We're seeing stories now about resurgences in various places following the lifting of the bans. But wasn't that pretty much what they predicted anyway? We weren't going to eradicate the virus, just spread out the cases so there weren't spikes in cases that overloaded our hospitals. And hopefully give us more time to find a vaccine and otherwise prepare better responses.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Cassie

May 12, 2020, 1:54:52 PM5/12/20
On 12-5-2020 07:33, Chucky@Work wrote:
> maanantai 11. toukokuuta 2020 22.50.03 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:
>
>> Luckely I am bit in the know how of the virus because of that I
>> sometimes work on the frontline against it. The 5G crap is hilarious and
>> a bit worrying. The mast are set ablaze by lunatics. Also the 5G is
>> rumored to give you cancer and other terrible deceases.
>
> Yep, exactly. I know that the EM radiation is dangerous at close range and in high doses, and there hasn't been conclusive testing on it, mostly because there's a 99.999% certainty that it's not necessary for the purposes of establishing the 5G network. Will it interfere with birds' migratory patterns? Maybe. But then, so will the eradication of the insect population.
>
> I'm just hoping that the 5G network is set up fast, and a few of these morons placebo-effect themselves to death for the sake of the gene pool.

LOL. I think that there is more harm done by radiation by using your
mobile phone. The problem with these masts is that nobody wants to live
near them, also the electrical wire masts and such.

>> I think that some of the lifting of the measures are done to fast but
>> money has to be rolling again so thats why goverments are taking the risk.
>
> Agreed. We're seeing stories now about resurgences in various places following the lifting of the bans. But wasn't that pretty much what they predicted anyway? We weren't going to eradicate the virus, just spread out the cases so there weren't spikes in cases that overloaded our hospitals. And hopefully give us more time to find a vaccine and otherwise prepare better responses.

Yep. In some places we see an increase again in COVID-19 cases. If they
are kept small, then there will be not a lot of problems but if it
explodes again we will back at squire 1.

Cassie

His name was Drr Nick

May 14, 2020, 8:42:35 AM5/14/20
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 1:29:05 AM UTC-4, Chucky@Work wrote:
> maanantai 11. toukokuuta 2020 16.05.38 UTC+3 His name was Drr Nick kirjoitti:
>
> > > Yeah, we're still toodling along, most of the monkeys are on Facebook
> > > because we're old farts.
> >
> > All the old monkey gang. The Artful Dodger, Pip, Ralphie, Moose, and
> > Alfalfa. Mind like a steel trap.
>
> No, they weren't all happy days...

The blurst of times?

> > > Waiting for the Wheel of Time TV series but that has probably been
> > > indefinitely delayed at this point
> >
> > GoT series raised the bar so high, then smeared it in shit, set it on fire
> > and called it an overrated stick.
>
> At least the Wheel of Time is finished?
>
> Robert E brought this one to my attention. Remember "Mat isn't black"?
>
> https://hatboy.blog/2020/05/12/wheel-o-time-race-etc/
>
> I actually rather like this cast!

I just read up on them. I think the cast looks good, and diversity doesn't break my brain. I don't have the imagination to visualize characters in my head except if they are on the cover.

Have we seen Egwene yet?

> > > Otherwise there's literally nothing going on in our lives.
> >
> > That tracks.
>
> Yeah, just been sitting here clicking the refresh button on the group, waiting for you to come back.

Aww. I knew you cared.

His name was Drr Nick

May 14, 2020, 8:50:49 AM5/14/20
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 1:54:52 PM UTC-4, Cassie wrote:
> On 12-5-2020 07:33, Chucky@Work wrote:
> > maanantai 11. toukokuuta 2020 22.50.03 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:
> >
> >> Luckely I am bit in the know how of the virus because of that I
> >> sometimes work on the frontline against it. The 5G crap is hilarious and
> >> a bit worrying. The mast are set ablaze by lunatics. Also the 5G is
> >> rumored to give you cancer and other terrible deceases.
> >
> > Yep, exactly. I know that the EM radiation is dangerous at close range and in high doses, and there hasn't been conclusive testing on it, mostly because there's a 99.999% certainty that it's not necessary for the purposes of establishing the 5G network. Will it interfere with birds' migratory patterns? Maybe. But then, so will the eradication of the insect population.
> >
> > I'm just hoping that the 5G network is set up fast, and a few of these morons placebo-effect themselves to death for the sake of the gene pool.
>
> LOL. I think that there is more harm done by radiation by using your
> mobile phone. The problem with these masts is that nobody wants to live
> near them, also the electrical wire masts and such.

The good and bad of 5G is that the signal is denser, but lower power. Can't penetrate buildings too well. Compaines are making up for it by having many more cellular nodes, but they are often smaller too.

In the US at least, urban areas will get the right desnification on buildings, utility poles, traffic lights, etc, but rural areas might never get beyond 4G (or even 3G!)

> >> I think that some of the lifting of the measures are done to fast but
> >> money has to be rolling again so thats why goverments are taking the risk.
> >
> > Agreed. We're seeing stories now about resurgences in various places following the lifting of the bans. But wasn't that pretty much what they predicted anyway? We weren't going to eradicate the virus, just spread out the cases so there weren't spikes in cases that overloaded our hospitals. And hopefully give us more time to find a vaccine and otherwise prepare better responses.
> >

> Yep. In some places we see an increase again in COVID-19 cases. If they
> are kept small, then there will be not a lot of problems but if it
> explodes again we will back at squire 1.

Some places in the US lifted the restrictions before COVID even got there in any measurable way - timing will be disastrous.

I expect many "well organized" places will open and close as needed several times as hotspots pop up. Other places will suffer for the lack of political fortitude to do the right thing instead of the popular thing.

Cassie

May 14, 2020, 10:17:53 AM5/14/20
My condolences with you living in the US in the current times. Looking
at the numbers much more casualties where expected though so thats a
small 'plus'

Cassie

Chucky@Work

May 15, 2020, 12:32:49 AM5/15/20
torstai 14. toukokuuta 2020 15.42.35 UTC+3 His name was Drr Nick kirjoitti:

> > > All the old monkey gang. The Artful Dodger, Pip, Ralphie, Moose, and
> > > Alfalfa. Mind like a steel trap.
> >
> > No, they weren't all happy days...
>
> The blurst of times?

Continue the research.

> > At least the Wheel of Time is finished?
> >
> > Robert E brought this one to my attention. Remember "Mat isn't black"?
> >
> > https://hatboy.blog/2020/05/12/wheel-o-time-race-etc/
> >
> > I actually rather like this cast!
>
> I just read up on them. I think the cast looks good, and diversity doesn't
> break my brain. I don't have the imagination to visualize characters in my
> head except if they are on the cover.
>
> Have we seen Egwene yet?

According to Google, Madeleine Madden has been cast as Egwene. Never seen her in anything except headshots in articles about how she's been cast as Egwene though.

> > Yeah, just been sitting here clicking the refresh button on the group,
> > waiting for you to come back.
>
> Aww. I knew you cared.

*continues hitting refresh, hoping someone better arrives soon*

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Chucky@Work

May 15, 2020, 12:35:56 AM5/15/20
torstai 14. toukokuuta 2020 15.50.49 UTC+3 His name was Drr Nick kirjoitti:

> > > Yep, exactly. I know that the EM radiation is dangerous at close range
> > > and in high doses, and there hasn't been conclusive testing on it,
> > > mostly because there's a 99.999% certainty that it's not necessary for
> > > the purposes of establishing the 5G network. Will it interfere with
> > > birds' migratory patterns? Maybe. But then, so will the eradication of
> > > the insect population.
> > >
> > > I'm just hoping that the 5G network is set up fast, and a few of these
> > > morons placebo-effect themselves to death for the sake of the gene
> > > pool.
> >
> > LOL. I think that there is more harm done by radiation by using your
> > mobile phone. The problem with these masts is that nobody wants to live
> > near them, also the electrical wire masts and such.
>
> The good and bad of 5G is that the signal is denser, but lower power.
> Can't penetrate buildings too well. Compaines are making up for it by
> having many more cellular nodes, but they are often smaller too.

*nod* This meshes with what I've read.

> In the US at least, urban areas will get the right desnification on
> buildings, utility poles, traffic lights, etc, but rural areas might never
> get beyond 4G (or even 3G!)

Oh, the humanity.

> > Yep. In some places we see an increase again in COVID-19 cases. If they
> > are kept small, then there will be not a lot of problems but if it
> > explodes again we will back at squire 1.
>
> Some places in the US lifted the restrictions before COVID even got there
> in any measurable way - timing will be disastrous.

Yeah, we see the news from your country, y'all're all kinds of special.

> I expect many "well organized" places will open and close as needed
> several times as hotspots pop up. Other places will suffer for the lack of
> political fortitude to do the right thing instead of the popular thing.

Aye. Stay safe, chief. I'm heading into Helsinki by bus today for the first time ... ooh, I think first time this year, practically. I think I'll mask up, just in case.

Also it's snowing here.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

His name was Drr Nick

May 15, 2020, 8:22:52 AM5/15/20
On Friday, May 15, 2020 at 12:35:56 AM UTC-4, Chucky@Work wrote:
> torstai 14. toukokuuta 2020 15.50.49 UTC+3 His name was Drr Nick kirjoitti:

> > Some places in the US lifted the restrictions before COVID even got there
> > in any measurable way - timing will be disastrous.
>
> Yeah, we see the news from your country, y'all're all kinds of special.

America: It was fun while it lasted.

> > I expect many "well organized" places will open and close as needed
> > several times as hotspots pop up. Other places will suffer for the lack of
> > political fortitude to do the right thing instead of the popular thing.
>
> Aye. Stay safe, chief. I'm heading into Helsinki by bus today for the first time ... ooh, I think first time this year, practically. I think I'll mask up, just in case.

Why do you wear that mask? Were you burned by acid or something?

> Also it's snowing here.

We had snow a week ago. I think it was COVID infused asbestos particles dropped from the International Space Station to make us vote for the lizard people. Or buy more Starbucks.

His name was Drr Nick

May 15, 2020, 8:30:57 AM5/15/20
On Friday, May 15, 2020 at 12:32:49 AM UTC-4, Chucky@Work wrote:

> > > No, they weren't all happy days...
> >
> > The blurst of times?
>
> Continue the research.
>
> > > At least the Wheel of Time is finished?
> > >
> > > Robert E brought this one to my attention. Remember "Mat isn't black"?
> > >
> > > https://hatboy.blog/2020/05/12/wheel-o-time-race-etc/
> > >
> > > I actually rather like this cast!
> >
> > I just read up on them. I think the cast looks good, and diversity doesn't
> > break my brain. I don't have the imagination to visualize characters in my
> > head except if they are on the cover.
> >
> > Have we seen Egwene yet?
>
> According to Google, Madeleine Madden has been cast as Egwene. Never seen her in anything except headshots in articles about how she's been cast as Egwene though.

Checked - fun choice.

> > > Yeah, just been sitting here clicking the refresh button on the group,
> > > waiting for you to come back.
> >
> > Aww. I knew you cared.
>
> *continues hitting refresh, hoping someone better arrives soon*

I'm content to hang out until RandalThor_1 comes back.

Cassie

May 15, 2020, 4:38:05 PM5/15/20
On 15-5-2020 14:22, His name was Drr Nick wrote:
> On Friday, May 15, 2020 at 12:35:56 AM UTC-4, Chucky@Work wrote:
>> torstai 14. toukokuuta 2020 15.50.49 UTC+3 His name was Drr Nick kirjoitti:
>

>>> Some places in the US lifted the restrictions before COVID even got there
>>> in any measurable way - timing will be disastrous.
>>
>> Yeah, we see the news from your country, y'all're all kinds of special.
>

> America: It was fun while it lasted.

RIP. My condolences.

>>> I expect many "well organized" places will open and close as needed
>>> several times as hotspots pop up. Other places will suffer for the lack of
>>> political fortitude to do the right thing instead of the popular thing.
>>
>> Aye. Stay safe, chief. I'm heading into Helsinki by bus today for the first time ... ooh, I think first time this year, practically. I think I'll mask up, just in case.
>
> Why do you wear that mask? Were you burned by acid or something?
>

>> Also it's snowing here.
>
> We had snow a week ago. I think it was COVID infused asbestos particles dropped from the International Space Station to make us vote for the lizard people. Or buy more Starbucks.

Nice. I like snow (the good kind that is ;-) )

Cassie