Wheel of Time on TV

Chucky@Work

Jul 16, 2019, 5:08:22 AM7/16/19
So the Wheel of Time is coming to television, and not as a game show as I would have liked to see (maybe we can still script one?).

The group seems dead, but I figured I might as well show my face. I'll be ready if and when discussion of the Amazon Prime Video adaptation takes off. HBO's A Song of Ice and Fire adaptation never really revitalised the GRRM newsgroup but who knows what will get the Monkeyhouse kicking again?

Anyway, still alive motherfuckers. Still alive.

--
C@w

www.hatboy.blog

https://hatboy.blog/2019/06/29/let-the-dragon-ride-again-on-the-winds-of-time/

https://hatboy.blog/tag/steal-of-time/

*leave complaints about overlength sig in the box provided*

-------------
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
-------------

David DeLaney

Jul 16, 2019, 7:46:31 AM7/16/19
On 2019-07-16, Chucky@Work <st.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So the Wheel of Time is coming to television,

o_0

I hope they make the braid-tugging a subtle thing at least?

> Anyway, still alive motherfuckers. Still alive.

Dave, making a hat out of my note here, huge success

Chucky@Work

Jul 17, 2019, 7:39:31 AM7/17/19
tiistai 16. heinäkuuta 2019 14.46.31 UTC+3 David DeLaney kirjoitti:

> > So the Wheel of Time is coming to television,
>
> o_0
>
> I hope they make the braid-tugging a subtle thing at least?

That, and the arms-folded-under-breasts and the sniffing and the clothing descriptions, seem to be the main things the (we) Jaded Old Ones are concerned about, yes.

Last I heard they had cast Rosamund Pike as Moiraine, and a surprising number of bright-eyed and adorabubble young people are vlogging about it, spraying crumbs of avocado toast on their parents' carpets as they talk excitedly about the latest news that they saw on Snapchat or TikTok or wwhatever young people these days are doing.

https://youtu.be/hQYJCofVxWk

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

https://hatboy.blog/2019/06/20/midsummer-break/

Cassie

Jul 17, 2019, 3:42:59 PM7/17/19
Stil alive here as well. Did not follow this group for a couple of years
now.

What is the concept? A series like GoT? I have never seen that series.
Still on my bucketlist. Read the books though. If it is a series that
would be a pain, and a money maker machine, because we will have a
series which will be running for I think 15 years or so.

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Jul 18, 2019, 3:20:02 AM7/18/19
keskiviikko 17. heinäkuuta 2019 22.42.59 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> Stil alive here as well. Did not follow this group for a couple of years
> now.

Hey, Cassie! Good to see you chief.

> What is the concept? A series like GoT?

Pretty much. It's meant to start filming late this year, and last I heard it was going to be about two books per season. There will be a *lot* of cutting and messing around but the product should be fascinating to see.

> I have never seen that series.
> Still on my bucketlist. Read the books though.

Huh!

Yeah, the series (Game of Thrones) was pretty damn good. It floundered a bit when they overtook Martin and ran out of books to convert into series, but they followed more or less what Martin apparently had planned and Janica and I thought the final couple of seasons, and the finale at the end of season 8, were fine.

A *lot* of people were pissed about it though. But what else is new?

> If it is a series that
> would be a pain, and a money maker machine, because we will have a
> series which will be running for I think 15 years or so.

You're not wrong, even at two books per season we'd be looking at 7 seasons, maybe 9 or 10 if they milk a full season out of the first and final books?

Even worse (from some perspectives), it's Amazon Prime Video doing it so you'll have to subscribe (we did that already for Good Omens, which was amazing, and the price isn't too bad but it all adds up) at a few euros per month to get the show. Or wait for the DVD.

Worse than that, Amazon and Google don't get along so we couldn't Chromecast onto our old TV. I had to mirror my phone up there and the quality was awful. So to really enjoy the Wheel of Time TV show, we'll probably have to get a new TV with Amazon Prime Video app compatibility.

C@w
--

Adding it to Netflix, and HBO, and soon the new Disney+ app...

https://hatboy.blog/

Cassie

Jul 21, 2019, 8:01:00 AM7/21/19
On 18-7-2019 09:20, Chucky@Work wrote:
> keskiviikko 17. heinäkuuta 2019 22.42.59 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:
>
>> Stil alive here as well. Did not follow this group for a couple of years
>> now.
>
> Hey, Cassie! Good to see you chief.

Thank you, my friend. :)

>> What is the concept? A series like GoT?
>
> Pretty much. It's meant to start filming late this year, and last I heard it was going to be about two books per season. There will be a *lot* of cutting and messing around but the product should be fascinating to see.

Lets hope so. Who will be releasing it?

>> I have never seen that series.
>> Still on my bucketlist. Read the books though.
>
> Huh!
>
> Yeah, the series (Game of Thrones) was pretty damn good. It floundered a bit when they overtook Martin and ran out of books to convert into series, but they followed more or less what Martin apparently had planned and Janica and I thought the final couple of seasons, and the finale at the end of season 8, were fine.
>
> A *lot* of people were pissed about it though. But what else is new?

Yep. I heard. I hope now that he will finish the damn thing.

Looking forward to watching the series though when I can see it.

>> If it is a series that
>> would be a pain, and a money maker machine, because we will have a
>> series which will be running for I think 15 years or so.
>
> You're not wrong, even at two books per season we'd be looking at 7 seasons, maybe 9 or 10 if they milk a full season out of the first and final books?
>
> Even worse (from some perspectives), it's Amazon Prime Video doing it so you'll have to subscribe (we did that already for Good Omens, which was amazing, and the price isn't too bad but it all adds up) at a few euros per month to get the show. Or wait for the DVD.
>
> Worse than that, Amazon and Google don't get along so we couldn't Chromecast onto our old TV. I had to mirror my phone up there and the quality was awful. So to really enjoy the Wheel of Time TV show, we'll probably have to get a new TV with Amazon Prime Video app compatibility.
>
> C@w

That's a bugger! I got Netflix and Amazon Prime will be a long time
before that is available in my country (if ever!). Sadly there is a lot
of influx of Netflix lookalikes popping up. Now it is possible to watch
Disney content on Netflix (Disney, Marvel, etc.), but that will be gone
when they introduce their own network.

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Jul 22, 2019, 4:29:24 AM7/22/19
sunnuntai 21. heinäkuuta 2019 15.01.00 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> >> What is the concept? A series like GoT?
> >
> > Pretty much. It's meant to start filming late this year, and last I heard
> > it was going to be about two books per season. There will be a *lot* of
> > cutting and messing around but the product should be fascinating to see.
>
> Lets hope so. Who will be releasing it?

Amazon Prime, fairly sure it's all them and won't be anywhere else (hopefully on DVD at least sometime though, since Amazon would also be selling those).

They're putting a lot of money into it which I suppose is good.

Amazon Prime Video also has the next season of The Expanse.

> That's a bugger! I got Netflix and Amazon Prime will be a long time
> before that is available in my country (if ever!). Sadly there is a lot
> of influx of Netflix lookalikes popping up. Now it is possible to watch
> Disney content on Netflix (Disney, Marvel, etc.), but that will be gone
> when they introduce their own network.

Yep, they're already cancelling and removing a lot of their stuff. Disney, at least, won't be getting anything from me. I mean, aside from the movie box office money, and DVD sales. I (currently) don't plan on paying for their streaming service.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Cassie

Jul 28, 2019, 11:45:36 AM7/28/19
On 22-7-2019 10:29, Chucky@Work wrote:

>>> Pretty much. It's meant to start filming late this year, and last I heard
>>> it was going to be about two books per season. There will be a *lot* of
>>> cutting and messing around but the product should be fascinating to see.
>>
>> Lets hope so. Who will be releasing it?
>
> Amazon Prime, fairly sure it's all them and won't be anywhere else (hopefully on DVD at least sometime though, since Amazon would also be selling those).

I hope that they cast it well. Who do you want to be in it? Or should
they go for new actors? That gives it a fresh vibe to it.

> They're putting a lot of money into it which I suppose is good.
>
> Amazon Prime Video also has the next season of The Expanse.
>
>> That's a bugger! I got Netflix and Amazon Prime will be a long time
>> before that is available in my country (if ever!). Sadly there is a lot
>> of influx of Netflix lookalikes popping up. Now it is possible to watch
>> Disney content on Netflix (Disney, Marvel, etc.), but that will be gone
>> when they introduce their own network.
>
> Yep, they're already cancelling and removing a lot of their stuff. Disney, at least, won't be getting anything from me. I mean, aside from the movie box office money, and DVD sales. I (currently) don't plan on paying for their streaming service.

I feel you there :)

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Jul 29, 2019, 6:35:10 AM7/29/19
sunnuntai 28. heinäkuuta 2019 18.45.36 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> > Amazon Prime, fairly sure it's all them and won't be anywhere else
> > (hopefully on DVD at least sometime though, since Amazon would also be
> > selling those).
>
> I hope that they cast it well. Who do you want to be in it? Or should
> they go for new actors? That gives it a fresh vibe to it.

Funny thing, I haven't thought about it in ages and the last (of many, many such conversations) we had on this group will now be 15 - 20 years out of date.

I'd be happy for them to use relative newcomers, although so far all I know is that they cast Rosamund Pike as Moiraine and I barely know her from anything, so that seems fine to me.

I'm pretty out of touch with the acting world these days so whether they get some big actors I'm unfamiliar with, or cast all-new actors, it's all the same to me. *grin*

One thing's for sure, Amazon probably won't be able to get any Marvel / Disney or Netflix actors to sign up.

B@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Marek Mercury

Aug 2, 2019, 2:02:41 AM8/2/19
On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 6:35:10 PM UTC+8, Chucky@Work wrote:
> sunnuntai 28. heinäkuuta 2019 18.45.36 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:
>
> Funny thing, I haven't thought about it in ages

I heard about Netflix WoT a few weeks ago, and it has been burbling in my mind. I started to recall being on this group and having a good old time nearly 20 years ago and wondered if anyone would possibly come back.

Bored at work, I decided to do a quick search to find the group, having forgotten almost everything about it. Low and behold, I find a thread from very recently with you two.

So how are you? It has been an eventful 17+ years since I was on here.

MM

Chucky@Work

Aug 3, 2019, 1:21:07 PM8/3/19
perjantai 2. elokuuta 2019 9.02.41 UTC+3 Marek Mercury kirjoitti:

Marek!

> > Funny thing, I haven't thought about it in ages
>
> I heard about Netflix WoT a few weeks ago, and it has been burbling in my
> mind. I started to recall being on this group and having a good old time
> nearly 20 years ago and wondered if anyone would possibly come back.

Hee. Good man!

> Bored at work, I decided to do a quick search to find the group, having
> forgotten almost everything about it. Low and behold, I find a thread from
> very recently with you two.

Always here. I'm uncool.

https://stchucky.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/uncool.jpg

> So how are you? It has been an eventful 17+ years since I was on here.

Yeah, not sure how to sum it up without it sounding like a Billy Joel "We Didn't Start the Fire" ripoff.

Still in Finland, still writing instruction manuals by day, had a kid in 2010, had cancer in 2011, had another kid in 2014, wrote thirteen novels and a children's book and sold 'em on Amazon, which brings us full-circle and Wheel of Time the TV show coming soon to Amazon.

C@h
--
That's about it, really.
https://hatboy.blog/

Darryl

Aug 5, 2019, 2:25:46 AM8/5/19
On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 1:21:07 AM UTC+8, Chucky@Work wrote:
> perjantai 2. elokuuta 2019 9.02.41 UTC+3 Marek Mercury kirjoitti:

> Marek!
Wasn't sure you'd remember me

> Always here. I'm uncool.

I know the feeling.

> > So how are you? It has been an eventful 17+ years since I was on here.
>
> Yeah, not sure how to sum it up without it sounding like a Billy Joel "We Didn't Start the Fire" ripoff.

Now there's an old reference. Dah da da dah da daah daahh!

> Still in Finland, still writing instruction manuals by day, had a kid in 2010, had cancer in 2011, had another kid in 2014, wrote thirteen novels and a children's book and sold 'em on Amazon, which brings us full-circle and Wheel of Time the TV show coming soon to Amazon.

Congratulations! That's amazeballs - I mean the writing and publishing part. The cancer part doesn't sound so positive. Really glad you managed to get through it. You are looking well. I see you are still married to Janika, so congrats on that too.

When I was on afr-j, I was studying and saving up to travel for the first time. Since then I've mostly been busy traveling and living all over and trying various careers. Married a yank, lived there for awhile. And now back in Oz in, what I believe is, your old back yard in Perth. Random.

I've been trying to remember how I accessed usenet all those years ago. Any tips on apps that work best? I'm hoping there'll be a need when wot does get going.

I guess it's time to put away old synonyms.

Darryl Tynen
(Marek Mercury)

Chucky@Work

Aug 5, 2019, 6:38:03 AM8/5/19
maanantai 5. elokuuta 2019 9.25.46 UTC+3 Darryl kirjoitti:

> > Marek!
>
> Wasn't sure you'd remember me

Absolutely. I have fond recollections of you and Shelob and Janica and myself having excellent debates about the nature of facts and reality.

> > Yeah, not sure how to sum it up without it sounding like a Billy Joel "We
> > Didn't Start the Fire" ripoff.
>
> Now there's an old reference. Dah da da dah da daah daahh!

Well, uncool. Credentials established!

> > Still in Finland, still writing instruction manuals by day, had a kid in 2010, had cancer in 2011, had another kid in 2014, wrote thirteen novels and a children's book and sold 'em on Amazon, which brings us full-circle and Wheel of Time the TV show coming soon to Amazon.
>
> Congratulations! That's amazeballs - I mean the writing and publishing part.

If you ever feel the need to get some cheap[1] and good-quality[2] science-fiction and fantasy up you, and help a brother out with his attempts to go legit, hit me up here:

https://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Hindle/e/B008M6BBM0

(I'm on .com.au as well, but the link is weird: https://www.amazon.com.au/s?i=digital-text&rh=p_27%3AAndrew+Hindle&s=relevancerank&text=Andrew+Hindle&ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1)

Purchases are good. Purchases and reviews are better. And now I feel dirty.

> The cancer part doesn't sound so positive. Really glad you managed to get
> through it. You are looking well. I see you are still married to Jani[c]a, so
> congrats on that too.

Always said she was a keeper.

And my first book was actually about my butt cancer, so that was fun.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Arsebook-Andrew-Hindle-ebook/dp/B008M2W5BK/

Now I feel even dirtier!

> When I was on afr-j, I was studying and saving up to travel for the first
> time. Since then I've mostly been busy traveling and living all over and
> trying various careers.

Nice! Travel is good. Careers are also good, they help with the travel. Probably good to get the travel out of your system before humanity's ability to fly craps out on us.

> Married a yank, lived there for awhile. And now back in Oz in, what I believe
> is, your old back yard in Perth. Random.

It is indeed. On both counts.

> I've been trying to remember how I accessed usenet all those years ago. Any
> tips on apps that work best? I'm hoping there'll be a need when wot does get
> going.

Agreed, but for now I'm afraid I have no advice. I'm using Google Groups and it seems to be effective enough for handling the tiny volume of messages we're getting. It might continue to be fine for larger volumes. Lord knows some people used it back in the olden days.

Last time I went looking for Forte (Free) Agent, I was disappointed.

> I guess it's time to put away old synonyms.
>
> Darryl Tynen
> (Marek Mercury)

Pseudonyms.

I'm still a pedantic fuck.

C@w
--
[1] Well, cheap in electronic form anyway. Paperbacks-and-postage is more expensive.

[2] Hey, I and literally tens of reviewers can't be wrong.

https://hatboy.blog/

Darryl

Aug 6, 2019, 4:22:15 AM8/6/19
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 6:38:03 PM UTC+8, Chucky@Work wrote:
> maanantai 5. elokuuta 2019 9.25.46 UTC+3 Darryl kirjoitti:
>
> I have fond recollections of you and Shelob and Janica and myself having excellent debates about the nature of facts and reality.

*homer voice* mmmmmm reality

> If you ever feel the need to get some cheap[1] and good-quality[2] science-fiction and fantasy up you, and help a brother out with his attempts to go legit, hit me up here:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Hindle/e/B008M6BBM0

I'll check it out. Been thinking I need some escapism lately.

> Purchases are good. Purchases and reviews are better. And now I feel dirty.

I doubt that.

> And my first book was actually about my butt cancer, so that was fun.
>
> https://www.amazon.com.au/Arsebook-Andrew-Hindle-ebook/dp/B008M2W5BK/

I might avoid that.

> I'm using Google Groups and it seems to be effective enough for handling the tiny volume of messages we're getting. It might continue to be fine for larger volumes. Lord knows some people used it back in the olden days.

Fair enough.

> > I guess it's time to put away old synonyms.
>
> Pseudonyms.
>
> I'm still a pedantic fuck.

It's fine. I think auto correct is trying to make me look stupid. Either that or I am really stupid. I'm not sure what the difference is anymore.

Now I'm wondering what old synonyms one could put away, retire, confine.

Marek

Chucky@Work

Aug 6, 2019, 5:55:38 AM8/6/19
tiistai 6. elokuuta 2019 11.22.15 UTC+3 Darryl kirjoitti:

> > If you ever feel the need to get some cheap[1] and good-quality[2] science-
> > fiction and fantasy up you, and help a brother out with his attempts to go
> > legit, hit me up here:
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Hindle/e/B008M6BBM0
>
> I'll check it out. Been thinking I need some escapism lately.

My books will lift your spirits and restore your faith in humanity!

> > And my first book was actually about my butt cancer, so that was fun.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com.au/Arsebook-Andrew-Hindle-ebook/dp/B008M2W5BK/
>
> I might avoid that.

> It's fine. I think auto correct is trying to make me look stupid. Either that
> or I am really stupid. I'm not sure what the difference is anymore.

Autocorrect is how the AI overlords are really going to get us in the end.

> Now I'm wondering what old synonyms one could put away, retire, confine.

Hee! The thesaurus is extinct, after all.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Cassie

Aug 7, 2019, 5:20:56 PM8/7/19
On 2-8-2019 08:02, Marek Mercury wrote:> On Monday, July 29, 2019 at
> My life was also busy these 17 years:

Finished eductation, tried getting a job for a year, depression, several
small not interested short jobs, diagnosed with autism, moved out and
started living on my own, had a girlfriend, broke up with girlfriend
(became best friend), new girlfriend, old girlfriend died suddenly,
broke up with second girlfriend, got a real job finally, new girlfriend
and broke up with her after a couple of years. Current age.

That is the last 20 years in a nutshell for you :)

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Aug 8, 2019, 4:25:36 AM8/8/19
torstai 8. elokuuta 2019 0.20.56 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> Finished eductation, tried getting a job for a year, depression, several
> small not interested short jobs, diagnosed with autism, moved out and
> started living on my own, had a girlfriend, broke up with girlfriend
> (became best friend), new girlfriend, old girlfriend died suddenly,
> broke up with second girlfriend, got a real job finally, new girlfriend
> and broke up with her after a couple of years. Current age.
>
> That is the last 20 years in a nutshell for you :)

Wow man, that sounds like a roller coaster. Sorry about all the downhills, glad to see you back on the group and still smiling. Life, huh?

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Marek Mercury

Aug 12, 2019, 1:44:57 AM8/12/19
Holy hand grenade Batman. That's a lot to process. Like Chucky said, I hope things are more stable for you now.

Onwards and upwards.

MM

Marek Mercury

Aug 12, 2019, 1:53:06 AM8/12/19
On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 5:55:38 PM UTC+8, Chucky@Work wrote:

> [Something something butt stuff]

Well that was colourful.

> Autocorrect is how the AI overlords are really going to get us in the end.

Mis-corrected into doing their bidding. Sounds efficient.

> > Now I'm wondering what old synonyms one could put away, retire, confine.
>
> Hee! The thesaurus is extinct, after all.

I still have one. Usually used to prop up things.

I had a wot on-topic thought today. But I removed it with a screwdriver, just in case. Close call!

MM

Cassie

Aug 18, 2019, 2:49:40 PM8/18/19
All is going upward indeed :). The job is now a bit unclear atm (bad
economy etc.), but I manage.

I started writing poems. In Dutch though, so I can not share them
because you could not read them :)

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Aug 21, 2019, 2:56:05 AM8/21/19
sunnuntai 18. elokuuta 2019 21.49.40 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> All is going upward indeed :). The job is now a bit unclear atm (bad
> economy etc.), but I manage.

Ugh, yeah, that's been a fun recurring theme for the past few years, hasn't it? Not likely to improve anytime soon, but I guess we can hope.

> I started writing poems. In Dutch though, so I can not share them
> because you could not read them :)

Hey, you could post some and we could use Google translate! That could be hilarious.

C@h
--
https://hatboy.blog

Cassie

Aug 27, 2019, 12:16:30 PM8/27/19
I will post one:

This one has a little Italian in it as well (Google Translate Thank you!
:) )

Titel: Italia

Italië
Land van amore, romanticismo en poesia
Wijnen vol van smaak
Ferrari, Alpha Romeo en Ape
Leonardo, Michelangelo en Rafaël
Recepten waar je tong van streelt
De lucht o zo zuiver

Italië
Ik hunker naar je
Ik verlang naar je
Je raakt mij
Je inspireert mij

Italië
Het land waar we veel aan te danken hebben
Religie, boeken en kunst
De paus die over ons waakt
En ons leert wat barmhartigheid is

Italia
Ti amo
In tutto il tuo splendore
Resta come sei!

The poem is a ode to Italy. During the summer I used to go there a lot.

Cassie

Marek Mercury

Aug 31, 2019, 2:13:51 AM8/31/19
This is what I got on google translate, although I feel like something may have been lost.

Italy
Land of love, romance in poetry
Wines full of taste
Ferrari, Alpha Romeo and Ape
Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
Recipes that caress your tongue
The air oh so pure

Italy
I crave you
I want you
You hit me
You inspire me

Italy
The country to which we owe a lot
Religion, books and art
The pope who watches over us
And we learn what mercy is

Italy
I love you
In all your splendor
Stay as you are!

Google groups on a phone doesn’t work so well it seems, not quoting prior messages. Crud

MM

Cassie

Sep 1, 2019, 3:24:21 PM9/1/19
Wow! its perfect! The English translation is on point and beautiful.

Cassie

Chucky@Work

Sep 2, 2019, 5:30:33 AM9/2/19
tiistai 27. elokuuta 2019 19.16.30 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> >> I started writing poems. In Dutch though, so I can not share them
> >> because you could not read them :)
> >
> > Hey, you could post some and we could use Google translate! That could be
> > hilarious.
>
> I will post one:
>
> This one has a little Italian in it as well (Google Translate Thank you!
> :) )
>
> Titel: Italia
>
> Italië
> Land van amore, romanticismo en poesia
> Wijnen vol van smaak
> Ferrari, Alpha Romeo en Ape
> Leonardo, Michelangelo en Rafaël
> Recepten waar je tong van streelt
> De lucht o zo zuiver
>
> Italië
> Ik hunker naar je
> Ik verlang naar je
> Je raakt mij
> Je inspireert mij
>
> Italië
> Het land waar we veel aan te danken hebben

- I recognised "thank" in there, because dank jewel. And my memory is a weird and pointless place -

> Religie, boeken en kunst
> De paus die over ons waakt
> En ons leert wat barmhartigheid is
>
> Italia
> Ti amo
> In tutto il tuo splendore
> Resta come sei!
>
> The poem is a ode to Italy. During the summer I used to go there a lot.

That's really nice! Cheers to Marek too for the Google translation, you always lose a bit in translation but still, nice.

Never been to Italy myself. Obviously it had an impact on you.

C@w
--
https://hatboy.blog/

Cassie

Sep 8, 2019, 9:32:54 AM9/8/19
Correct. Dankjewel is Dutch for Thank you.

>> Religie, boeken en kunst
>> De paus die over ons waakt
>> En ons leert wat barmhartigheid is
>>
>> Italia
>> Ti amo
>> In tutto il tuo splendore
>> Resta come sei!
>>
>> The poem is a ode to Italy. During the summer I used to go there a lot.
>
> That's really nice! Cheers to Marek too for the Google translation, you always lose a bit in translation but still, nice.
>
> Never been to Italy myself. Obviously it had an impact on you.

It indeed has :)

Cassie