Group dead?

Cassie

Oct 6, 2013, 5:15:26 PM10/6/13
Its quit in here.

David DeLaney

Oct 6, 2013, 10:41:06 PM10/6/13
Cassie <cassi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Its quit in here.

... too quit.

I don't think it's quit(e) dead, but it's certainly receiving AARP benefits
at this point; unless Mrs. Rigney grows tired of not having as large an
income stream, I don't think we'll see a return to the busy-ness of days of
yore.

Dave, but the Wheel does turn

Cassie

Oct 7, 2013, 4:25:13 PM10/7/13
On 7-10-2013 04:41, David DeLaney wrote:
> Cassie <cassi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Its quit in here.
>
> ... too quit.
>
> I don't think it's quit(e) dead, but it's certainly receiving AARP benefits
> at this point; unless Mrs. Rigney grows tired of not having as large an
> income stream, I don't think we'll see a return to the busy-ness of days of
> yore.
>
> Dave, but the Wheel does turn

LOL! Where are all the old diehard fans gone to :)

I am halfway reading GoT at the moment (no spoilers please :)). Its good.

Any other suggestions I should read?

David DeLaney

Oct 8, 2013, 5:53:18 AM10/8/13
On 2013-10-07, Cassie <cassi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 7-10-2013 04:41, David DeLaney wrote:
>> Cassie <cassi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Its quit in here.
>>
>> ... too quit.
>>
>> I don't think it's quit(e) dead, but it's certainly receiving AARP benefits
>> at this point; unless Mrs. Rigney grows tired of not having as large an
>> income stream, I don't think we'll see a return to the busy-ness of days of
>> yore.
>>
>> Dave, but the Wheel does turn
>>
> LOL! Where are all the old diehard fans gone to :)

Several came back for a few weeks after The End, early this year. They have,
I think, scattered to the six corners of the Web again.

> I am halfway reading GoT at the moment (no spoilers please :)). Its good.

Spoiler: PEOPLE DIE.

> Any other suggestions I should read?

Well, if you could get all the way through Wheel of Time, and are enjoying
Game of Thrones, I'll point you to Erikson's Malazan Books of the Fallen -
it's an oddity in that you can start with either book 1, Gardens of the Moon
(which doesn't really explain parts of the magic/Warrens system that well), or
book 2, Deadhouse Gates. Ten-book series, completely finished, has some
companion books by his friend Esslemont. You are _guaranteed_ to miss some of
what-all is going on until at least your first read through... It's epic
fantasy that wonders "What would epic fantasy be like in a world that really
DID have Elder Races hanging about?".

Dave, you could also ask over on rec.arts.sf.written

Cassie

Oct 11, 2013, 10:59:42 AM10/11/13
On 8-10-2013 11:53, David DeLaney wrote:
> On 2013-10-07, Cassie <cassi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ... too quit.
>>>
>>> I don't think it's quit(e) dead, but it's certainly receiving AARP benefits
>>> at this point; unless Mrs. Rigney grows tired of not having as large an
>>> income stream, I don't think we'll see a return to the busy-ness of days of
>>> yore.
>>>
>>> Dave, but the Wheel does turn
>>>
>> LOL! Where are all the old diehard fans gone to :)
>
> Several came back for a few weeks after The End, early this year. They have,
> I think, scattered to the six corners of the Web again.
>
>> I am halfway reading GoT at the moment (no spoilers please :)). Its good.
>
> Spoiler: PEOPLE DIE.

LOL! He is good at that.
>> Any other suggestions I should read?
>
> Well, if you could get all the way through Wheel of Time, and are enjoying
> Game of Thrones, I'll point you to Erikson's Malazan Books of the Fallen -
> it's an oddity in that you can start with either book 1, Gardens of the Moon
> (which doesn't really explain parts of the magic/Warrens system that well), or
> book 2, Deadhouse Gates. Ten-book series, completely finished, has some
> companion books by his friend Esslemont. You are _guaranteed_ to miss some of
> what-all is going on until at least your first read through... It's epic
> fantasy that wonders "What would epic fantasy be like in a world that really
> DID have Elder Races hanging about?".
>
> Dave, you could also ask over on rec.arts.sf.written

Thanks for the tip :)

Vampire Muffin Man

Oct 15, 2013, 11:14:48 PM10/15/13
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:15:26 PM UTC-5, Cassie wrote:
> Its quit in here.

No! This group will never die while I draw breath! :D
hehe

Cassie

Oct 16, 2013, 7:42:54 AM10/16/13
Ah, lol :)

I think I remember you :)

Cassie

Chucky & Janica

Jan 28, 2014, 11:50:48 AM1/28/14
On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 21:41:06 -0500, David DeLaney
<davidd...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I don't think it's quit(e) dead, but it's certainly receiving AARP benefits
>at this point; unless Mrs. Rigney grows tired of not having as large an
>income stream, I don't think we'll see a return to the busy-ness of days of
>yore.

We need to start talking about Sanderson's stuff.

What? I'm still here!

C&J

Chucky & Janica

Jan 28, 2014, 11:51:54 AM1/28/14
On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:59:42 +0200, Cassie <cassi...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>> Well, if you could get all the way through Wheel of Time, and are enjoying
>> Game of Thrones, I'll point you to Erikson's Malazan Books of the Fallen -
>> it's an oddity in that you can start with either book 1, Gardens of the Moon
>> (which doesn't really explain parts of the magic/Warrens system that well), or
>> book 2, Deadhouse Gates. Ten-book series, completely finished, has some
>> companion books by his friend Esslemont. You are _guaranteed_ to miss some of
>> what-all is going on until at least your first read through... It's epic
>> fantasy that wonders "What would epic fantasy be like in a world that really
>> DID have Elder Races hanging about?".
>>
>> Dave, you could also ask over on rec.arts.sf.written
>>
>Thanks for the tip :)

I wrote a book about my butthole, it's on Amazon.

C&J

Chucky & Janica

Jan 28, 2014, 11:52:19 AM1/28/14
On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:14:48 -0700 (PDT), Vampire Muffin Man
<Headstr...@aol.com> wrote:

>> Its quit in here.
>
>No! This group will never die while I draw breath! :D
>hehe

And you are...?

C...&J

David DeLaney

Jan 28, 2014, 6:00:45 PM1/28/14
Well, so far I've read Elantris (stand-alone), The Emperor's Soul (stand-alone
novella), the first Mistborn trilogy and Alloy of Law, Warbreaker, The
Rithmatist (filed under YA for some reason), and the first volume of his OWN
ten-book series, The Way of Kings. I'm sure he'll have more soon. Also The Name
of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear, although it's almost certain Rothfuss is
not actually a Sanderson in disguise, but why take chances?

Dave

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Feb 3, 2014, 6:22:47 AM2/3/14
keskiviikko, 29. tammikuuta 2014 1.00.45 UTC+2 David DeLaney kirjoitti:

> > We need to start talking about Sanderson's stuff.
>
> > What? I'm still here!
>
> Well, so far I've read Elantris (stand-alone), The Emperor's Soul (stand-alone
> novella), the first Mistborn trilogy and Alloy of Law, Warbreaker, The
> Rithmatist (filed under YA for some reason), and the first volume of his OWN
> ten-book series, The Way of Kings. I'm sure he'll have more soon. Also The Name
> of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear, although it's almost certain Rothfuss is
> not actually a Sanderson in disguise, but why take chances?

Ooh, Google groups is *almost* still working, too.

I've only read the Stormlight book, but it was good. Not sure there's much to talk about yet, actually. I do like the way it was heading, and it was extremely neat to suddenly realise that hey, there's no soil anywhere and all these animals are actually giant crabs of some sort?

That's weird.

C@w
--
Boo.

Vampire Muffin Man

Jul 15, 2014, 5:25:10 AM7/15/14
I am The Vampire Muffin Man, of course... Who else?
Message has been deleted

Vampire Muffin Man

Jul 15, 2014, 5:45:05 AM7/15/14
*has a 'welcome back Contro' drink*
Message has been deleted

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Jul 16, 2014, 2:57:05 AM7/16/14
tiistai, 15. heinäkuuta 2014 12.25.10 UTC+3 Vampire Muffin Man kirjoitti:

> > And you are...?
>
> I am The Vampire Muffin Man, of course... Who else?

I could tell, from the way your usenet handle is "Vampire Muffin Man".

*S-M-R-T*

C@h
--
It's an honest-to-goodness resurrection.

David DeLaney

Jul 16, 2014, 1:02:00 PM7/16/14
On 2014-07-16, Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster <st.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> tiistai, 15. heinäkuuta 2014 12.25.10 UTC+3 Vampire Muffin Man kirjoitti:
>> > And you are...?
>>
>> I am The Vampire Muffin Man, of course... Who else?
>
> I could tell, from the way your usenet handle is "Vampire Muffin Man".
>
> *S-M-R-T*

...would you like to buy a vowel?

Dave, hat of turning letterfaces, which momentarily spell phantasmagoric words

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Jul 17, 2014, 2:20:30 AM7/17/14
keskiviikko, 16. heinäkuuta 2014 20.02.00 UTC+3 David DeLaney kirjoitti:

> >> I am The Vampire Muffin Man, of course... Who else?
> >
> > I could tell, from the way your usenet handle is "Vampire Muffin Man".
> >
> > *S-M-R-T*
>
> ...would you like to buy a vowel?

Oh, *David*.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4

> Dave, hat of turning letterfaces, which momentarily spell phantasmagoric words

On the other hand, that is a fantastic hat.

C@h
--
I WON'T NEED MY HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA ANYMORE!

Vampire Muffin Man

Jul 21, 2014, 7:06:53 AM7/21/14
On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:57:05 AM UTC-5, Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster wrote:
> tiistai, 15. heinäkuuta 2014 12.25.10 UTC+3 Vampire Muffin Man kirjoitti:
>
> > > And you are...?
>
> > I am The Vampire Muffin Man, of course... Who else?
>
> I could tell, from the way your usenet handle is "Vampire Muffin Man".

You could try searching the newsgroup... I think I was using that handle starting in about '00.

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Jul 22, 2014, 3:41:54 AM7/22/14
maanantai, 21. heinäkuuta 2014 14.06.53 UTC+3 Vampire Muffin Man kirjoitti:

> > > I am The Vampire Muffin Man, of course... Who else?
> >
> > I could tell, from the way your usenet handle is "Vampire Muffin Man".
>
> You could try searching the newsgroup... I think I was using that handle
> starting in about '00.

No, really? Really Vamps, have you really?

I'M STILL CHUCKY YOU GODDAMN IMBECILE.

C@h
--
I faff around with my Google Groups handle but the ID is the same as ever. Christ in a conga line.

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Jul 22, 2014, 3:45:46 AM7/22/14
maanantai, 21. heinäkuuta 2014 14.06.53 UTC+3 Vampire Muffin Man kirjoitti:

> You could try searching the newsgroup... I think I was using that handle
> starting in about '00.

Forget it, I think I'll just call you Lathu'ul instead.

C@h
--
Sheesh.

David DeLaney

Jul 22, 2014, 4:52:05 AM7/22/14
On 2014-07-22, Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster <st.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I could tell, from the way your usenet handle is "Vampire Muffin Man".
>>
>> You could try searching the newsgroup... I think I was using that handle
>> starting in about '00.
>
> No, really? Really Vamps, have you really?
>
> I'M STILL CHUCKY YOU GODDAMN IMBECILE.

HOW? CHUCKY? ARE YOU?

Dave, and I also have to ask about your wood, it seems

Vampire Muffin Man

Jul 22, 2014, 5:50:54 AM7/22/14
I was thinking that you were C... lol It's been a long time, but rage on with the caps. :)

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Jul 22, 2014, 8:06:05 AM7/22/14
tiistai, 22. heinäkuuta 2014 12.50.54 UTC+3 Vampire Muffin Man kirjoitti:

> > I faff around with my Google Groups handle but the ID is the same as ever.
> > Christ in a conga line.
>
> I was thinking that you were C...

(Oh, here we go again.)

Hold on, and you thought he wouldn't remember you? Come on, man, you were a champ.

> lol It's been a long time, but rage on with the caps. :)

Yeah, caps lock used to be a big taboo, but time goes by.

C@h
--
It's not just for the Dark One anymore.

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Jul 22, 2014, 8:07:13 AM7/22/14
tiistai, 22. heinäkuuta 2014 11.52.05 UTC+3 David DeLaney kirjoitti:

> HOW? CHUCKY? ARE YOU?

I'M COMPLETELY CHUCKY.

> Dave, and I also have to ask about your wood, it seems

Never you mind about my wood.

C@h
--
Can't see it for the trees, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Cassie

Jul 29, 2014, 1:59:36 PM7/29/14
Yes you are :)

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Jul 30, 2014, 4:49:33 AM7/30/14
tiistai, 29. heinäkuuta 2014 20.59.36 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> > I am The Vampire Muffin Man, of course... Who else?
>
> Yes you are :)

Woo, Cassie's back!

C@h
--
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Cassie

Aug 1, 2014, 6:34:47 PM8/1/14
On 30-7-2014 10:49, Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster wrote:
> tiistai, 29. hein�kuuta 2014 20.59.36 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:
>
>>> I am The Vampire Muffin Man, of course... Who else?
>>
>> Yes you are :)
>
> Woo, Cassie's back!
>

> C@h

Yes I am! :)

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Aug 2, 2014, 5:16:17 PM8/2/14
lauantai, 2. elokuuta 2014 1.34.47 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> >> Yes you are :)
> >
> > Woo, Cassie's back!
>
> Yes I am! :)

*waits expectantly for a plot theory, a next book prediction, anything*

C@h
--
No? Nothing?

Cassie

Aug 5, 2014, 7:21:51 AM8/5/14
LOL! :)

Spoiler:

Rand gets the girl :-)

Here is your plot twist :-)

Cassie

Aug 5, 2014, 7:23:07 AM8/5/14
On 22-7-2014 14:06, Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster wrote:
> tiistai, 22. hein�kuuta 2014 12.50.54 UTC+3 Vampire Muffin Man kirjoitti:
>
>>> I faff around with my Google Groups handle but the ID is the same as ever.
>>> Christ in a conga line.
>>
>> I was thinking that you were C...
>
> (Oh, here we go again.)
>
> Hold on, and you thought he wouldn't remember you? Come on, man, you were a champ.
>
>> lol It's been a long time, but rage on with the caps. :)
>
> Yeah, caps lock used to be a big taboo, but time goes by.

Caps lock bashing is sooooo '90 ;-)

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Aug 6, 2014, 2:35:26 AM8/6/14
tiistai, 5. elokuuta 2014 14.23.07 UTC+3 Cassie kirjoitti:

> >> lol It's been a long time, but rage on with the caps. :)
> >
> > Yeah, caps lock used to be a big taboo, but time goes by.
> >

> Caps lock bashing is sooooo '90 ;-)

You didn't have to be the Dark One ... but it helped.

C@h
--
And then the Dark One died. Or something. I don't remember.

Vampire Muffin Man

Aug 26, 2014, 5:48:45 AM8/26/14
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:59:36 PM UTC-5, Cassie wrote:
> On 15-7-2014 11:25, Vampire Muffin Man wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:52:19 AM UTC-6, Chucky & Janica wrote:

> >> And you are...?
> >>
> >> C...&J
> >
> > I am The Vampire Muffin Man, of course... Who else?
>
> Yes you are :)

Good to see you again Cassie. :)

*wears a redhead as a hat to the group still alive party*

Vampire Muffin Man

Aug 26, 2014, 5:50:21 AM8/26/14
It's the pelvic thrusts...

Cassie

Aug 26, 2014, 1:50:28 PM8/26/14
Good to see you too :)

Mr. Hoity-toity McAsstaster

Aug 29, 2014, 4:57:00 AM8/29/14
tiistai, 26. elokuuta 2014 12.50.21 UTC+3 Vampire Muffin Man kirjoitti:

> > > *waits expectantly for a plot theory, a next book prediction, anything*
> >
> > LOL! :)
> >
> > Spoiler:
> >
> > Rand gets the girl :-)
> >
> > Here is your plot twist :-)
>
> It's the pelvic thrusts...

I heard it was them, and not the taint, that made them go insane.

C@h
--
You haven't heard it until you've heard it from Christopher Lee.

drma...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2014, 3:17:09 PM11/29/14
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:15:26 PM UTC-5, Cassie wrote:
> Its quit in here.

try Janny Wurts series.